[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to all the Nintendo fanboys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: plankwojak.jpg (6 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
plankwojak.jpg
6 KB, 250x187
Nintendo had a very large userbase last generation through the DS and the Wii, you would think that would create a new generation of Nintendo fans to replace the ones that have dropped out of gaming, gone casual, or gone retro. Instead, I have seen a lot less Nintendo fanboy shilling, yet a marked increase in Sony fanboy antics (I saw a bunch of those clowns recently saying the Vita is not a flop and that it is much more successful than the Wii U).

It is not like Nintendo is irrelevant this generation considering that the 3DS is the only other console from this generation that has a large userbase, yet I have seen a lot Nintendo fanboys around now than last generation or during the GameCube/GBA years.

What happened?
>>
>yet I have seen a lot Nintendo fanboys around now than last generation or during the GameCube/GBA years.

I mean a lot less Nintendo fanboys around now.
>>
Because muh waifu muh shit atlus game made for 8 year olds that are not willing to public talk about it
Shit I remember playing Advance Wars on the GBA with friends in high school, fuck you OP
>>
File: immortanwitnessed.gif (138 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
immortanwitnessed.gif
138 KB, 600x337
>>340036000
Nice trips.

However, I am talking about Nintendo fanboys on the interwebz. Its seems that there are a lot less of them on /v/ and neoFAG than there were last gen.
>>
>>340035762
We're still here. Nintendo just doesn't make games that appeal to us anymore.

Remember Metroid Prime? That game could stand together with the rest of the market at the time and still managed to be perfectly "kid friendly".

All Nintendo does now is compromise and fail to deliver on what core audiences want.
>>
>>340035762
I stopped being one when smash turned to shit
>>
There's nothing to talk about dude.
The 3DS consistently gets its own thread to chat away in before it gets destroyed by console war shit or piracy nonsense and there isn't a big enough library coming to the WiiU to justify having a dedicated WiiU thread. You'll notice threads for individual series like the constant Mario Maker ones or the Kirby ones but there's really just nothing to talk about.
>>
Because the new generation is underwhelming on all fronts. We thought 7th gen was bad, but 8th gen just keeps proving us wrong.
7th gen saw the death of home console exclusives and 8th gen saw the decline of handheld gaming in regards to smartphones.
>>
>>340035762
Basically, Nintendo has completely shit the bed and not even the most brain dead drones are having their shit any longer.
>>
File: mfw.png (299 KB, 512x593) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
299 KB, 512x593
Discussing Nintendo stuff on /v/ has become impossible because of Sonygger shitposting, so I stopped visiting Nintendo threads.

I bet that I am not the only one like that.

I just talk to my buddies when it comes to these games.
/v/ is shit.
>>
we grew up and started dealing with life/work/etc instead of shitposting more often? the new people coming here grew up with the gamecube as their first system, after all. my first was the 64 and fat gameboy, since I was born the year the SNES was introduced. before you know it, people saying the wii was their first console when they were 7 or 5 is going to be a thing...

but i just spend my time on /vp/ instead lol. i only play nintendo games because thats what i grew up on, and nintendo games are what my parents bought me. pc seems too elitist based on people IRL i encounter who talk about it
>>
>>340036818
This. Metroid threads got nuked after E3 so talking about the series has become impossible. That was the only series I cared for anyway.
>>
>>340035762
Nintendo has no games.
>>
>>340036818
>muh Sony boogeyman
>>
>>340035762
I was playing my Wii U and 3ds a lot over the last 3 years. It sort of died down, but then when Star Fox came out this year it just sort of broke me.

I've certainly gone backwards, played a lot of retro games, played a lot of PC.
Maybe it's time to get a PS4 too.

Nintendo just don't seem to care about the core fanbase that wants a solid experience from a game.
>>
>>340037089
It's not a boogeyman. I too gave up on trying to talk about Nintendo on /v/ because every thread was bombarded by sonyggers shitposting about literally everything. That and Nintendo pretty much died last e3.
>>
>>340036854
PC always seemed like it was spread too thin for me. Huge varying quality.

For a long time consoles felt Japan-centric, and I enjoyed a lot of those titles. At least it felt like it used to have some connection or "feel".

I used to get that from Nintendo too. I think when the E shop allowed indie developers to shit the place up with their terrible crap, it felt less focussed too.
>>
File: kimishimaE3.png (4 KB, 320x120) Image search: [Google]
kimishimaE3.png
4 KB, 320x120
The 3DS is at the end of its lifecycle and the WiiU will be following soon.

We're still here. Of course, Nintendo was the uncool console for underaged so there's a bit of that as well.

Less younger Nintendo fans will be a real issue in the coming years. This is why it's smart for the company to branch out into film.
>>
>>340035762
Who's supposed to replace last gen's drones? I don't even need to tell you how much of a failure the Wii U was, let alone the fact that consoles are slowly leaving people's living rooms. The 3DS might be going strong but it's still so far away from the Wii/DS era. Above all, there's nothing to talk about. The U isn't "revolutionizing" gaming (at least the Wii brought people together) and there are no games coming out. No one wants to talk about HD remakes.
>>
>>340036642

Pretty much this. 3DS discussion was destroyed with rampant piracy (or shitposters shitposting about piracy, if you prefer), and with games like Zero Time Dilemma and AA6 close to being spoilerville you'll see discussion die out even more for a while.

As for the Wii U, there is fuck-all to talk about right now. Next week talk will boom with E3 and all, but if that ZELDA ONLY shit is true, which I kinda doubt, that won't last long either.
>>
Some because Nintendo isn't giving them what they want anymore

Some just stopped talking about it online because after the shitstorm over their last E3 you can't civilly discuss Nintendo anywhere anymore

There also just haven't been many games from them last year or especially this year

And hopefully more people are growing up and not being die-hard fanboys to a single system or company
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.