[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look on the bright side, it's not like it can get any worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg (59 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
FF7-Remake-Multi-Part.jpg
59 KB, 600x338
Look on the bright side, it's not like it can get any worse right? Right?
>>
There is always potential for worse, don't be fooled by the limits of your imagination.
>>
>>340031190
Don't worry, it's simply a multi-part remake that's made by the same people who made the original
>>
>>340031190
of course it can, that's the point
>>
>>340032436
>made by the same people who made the original
no
>>
>>340033258
Nomura, Kitase, Nojima
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (24 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
24 KB, 600x451
>>340032436
>multi-part

Here's what I wonder about this. SQUENIX have been pretty adamant that each part will be roughly the length of a game in the XIII series, and not episodic since that initial belief caused a massive shitstorm (and rightly so).

So if we assume there is a significant window of release between each part, at least a year or possibly more, are they going to incorporate feedback for the gameplay after each new release?

By that I mean, will the final part play like a drastically different game compared to the first part based on changes made due to player feedback? Will we end up with this completely jumbled mess of games that plays differently from entry to entry rather than feeling like a cohesive and complete product?

Every single game in the XIII trilogy plays differently to the last. This could be a trainwreck like gaming has never seen before.
>>
>>340033801
I've got no fucking idea what they're planning
I posted that gif for a reason, it's gonna be a wild ride
>>
>>340033801
>SQUENIX have been pretty adamant that each part will be roughly the length of a game in the XIII series

And this worries me the most. After Square Enix has been fucking with FF7's story for the last decade (not to mention the shit they pulled with the FF10 radio dramas) it's pretty obvious the writers have no idea what they're doing when they try to expand on their stories, and I can't even imagine what they're going to do to the story just to make each part the length of the original PS1 game. I swear to God if they add Genesis or anything just as retarded i.e anything from Dirge of Cerberus, I will burn everything Square related that I own.
>>
>>340033801
>are they going to incorporate feedback for the gameplay after each new release?
it's Square Enix, a japanese video game producer/publisher

of course they're not going to give a shit about player feedback
>>
File: MGS3-Pachinko-Title-Big-Boss.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGS3-Pachinko-Title-Big-Boss.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
>>340031190
>it's not like it can get any worse

There was a time when I actually believed that.
>>
>>340034114
Genesis will either be removed or heavily redesigned, since SE have a bad relationship with Gackt. He stopped them from releasing Crisis Core digitally, as I recall.
>>
>>340034196
>of course they're not going to give a shit about player feedback

Well they've been giving a shit about player feedback during FFXV's development.

>>340034239
Are you implying they'll just turn it into a pachinko machine?
>>
>>340034397
Is that actually true or just rumors? I really hope it's the former.

Not like it matters, they'll probably replace him with Lightning or some shit.
>>
>>340031190
Worse than what?
>>
>>340034239
I never played a mgs game and I feel like I got shit on
>>
>>340034239
Well what did you expect? They already did it to Castlevania and Silent Hill. They clearly could not care less about fans anymore.
>>
I am curious about how incoherent the remake's narrative will be since SE is bound to include new characters and setpieces, extending the plot to justify the episodic format.

Like, they're remaking a game about late 20th century environmentalism and hippie bullshit that is depicted in the manner of a 90s anime OVA (especially in terms of character design). Unless they genuinely remake the whole fucking thing how are they gonna inject it with 2016 shit and not have it be jarring as fuck?
>>
>>340034721
I think all the hippie bullshit as well as the rest of the plot will become an afterthought and nothing more than an excuse for all the emo fagboys to fly about and hit each other with impractical weaponry. You know, like in the cinematic masterpiece kino Advent Children!
>>
I honestly stopped caring when they came up with nonsense excuses for going multi-part.

Just wanna see Tifa's new tiddies and that's it.
>>
>>340034901
This, who cares about the story, as long as the animations are fluid and polished, and the combat system is fun and exciting I couldn't care less about a story I already exerienced
>>
>>340035114
Too bad the story has been the biggest priority of Final Fantasy for well over two decades.
>>
>E3 2016
>Mr.Square-Enix comes on stage
>"Final Fantasy 7 HD will come in three full episodes to tell the full story"
>Final Fantasy 7 HD: Crisis Core - September 2017
>Final Fantasy 7 HD: Jenova Returns
>Final Fantasy 7 HD: Dirge of Cerberus

He will also announce World of Final Fantasy release date, and FFXII HD.

Source: I work at Konami.
>>
>>340035187
No, the priority is CGI cutscenes
>>
File: 12312312331253.jpg (91 KB, 305x315) Image search: [Google]
12312312331253.jpg
91 KB, 305x315
>mfw FFIX is rape proof

I actually feel sorry for FF7 fags.
>>
>>340035245
And the story, which is just a half-assed excuse for the cutscenes.
>>
>>340035327
you didn't play the steam release did you
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.