[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth to get into Corpse Party now? I heard the second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Is it worth to get into Corpse Party now?
I heard the second and third game sucked since the second one is a Visual Novel (which i dont mind if it is) and the third is full of glitches
and that there are so many versions of the first one is not even funny, since you have to replay each version just to get extra content

I was thinking on getting the 3DS version thats launching this year. Should I pull the trigger /v/?
>>
>>340016610
I've been playing the PSP version of the first one, it's good shit you should give it a try
>>
>>340017185
I played the first two chapters on steam and the game is cool. I have found it surprisingly tricky to flee some enemies because the controls are tile based like an old JRPG and there are some tight corridors. So there is some challenge. Also, it's really easy to get bad ends. I guess you are supposed to unlock them because they are counted in the start screen.
>>
First one is good and stands on its own. Haven't played the 3DS version but from what I gather it is an extended version of the PSP game so it's probably good. The second game, Book of Shadows, has the worst "gameplay" but is overall darker than the first game and is, for the most part, a neat series of asides. That said, its final chapter does set up Blood Drive with one hell of a cliffhanger so make of that what you will.
>>
>>340017405

Half the fun of Corpse Party is finding all the bad ends. I'd go so far as to say you haven't played them until you found all the bad ends in a game, kinda like how you haven't played a Zero Escape game if you just stop at the first ending you get.
>>
File: Seiko_Shinohara_Profile_Picture.png (325 KB, 492x858) Image search: [Google]
Seiko_Shinohara_Profile_Picture.png
325 KB, 492x858
SEIKO BEST GIRL
>>
The second game (Book of Shadows) is a VN retelling of the first game based off a bad end of the first. The last chapter of it continues off the true end of the first game, and leads into the third game (Blood Drive).

It's fine to just play the first, the story stands on its own. If you like it, you can check out Book of Shadows, but avoid Blood Drive.
>>
>>340017558
>a Zero Escape game
You mean 999, VLR really only has one end since it forces you to go all across the branches in the first place.
>>
>>340017185
>>340017185
>>340017406
>>340017674
Thanks familia. guess ill wait for the 3DS version to play it and then get Book of Shadows on my Vita

>avoid Blood Drive
is it as bad as I heard?
>>
>>340018002
epic
>>
>>340018048
It takes everything decent about the story and turns it into a fuck fest. Regardless of the glitches and long as fuck loading times the direction of the story goes full WHY?
>>
>>340018048

I only got about a third of the way in before my memory card decided to shit itself but from what I've played the performance is worse - even the menu has atrocious loading times -, the gameplay is like the first game but with more annoyances like forced stealth mechanics and traps hidden obscenely well in the dark, and the story and new characters teeter on jumping the shark. I would say it's exclusively for the most diehard of Corpse Party fans.
>>
>>340018048
you could just get the PSP ISO and emulate it. That is the quintessential version of the game.
>>
File: framerate.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
framerate.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>340018048
I think the frame rate should tell you enough. Performance wise it crashed on me about 5-7 times during my initial play through. Ignoring performance I feel the story wasn't that interesting & the wrong ends were boring. Also since you're 3D chibis that smile almost all the time it kills the mood.
>>
>>340016610
I tried the first game. After the opening scene, I got control of two girls walked around an empty room then went to a hall that went nowhere. I went back and forth between the hall and room and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>340019353
You have to pick up a wooden plank from the floor and use it to cross over to a new section
>>
What is this series about? Just snuff and guro stuff?
>>
Just use a PSP emulator and play that version. It's the best one you'll find, and I didn't get any glitches or performance issues with it.
>>
>>340019878
About cute girls and psychological terrors
>>
>>340019976
If you're going to play on PC just play the native, the image quality is much better. The PSP emulated looks blurry a fuck compared.
>>
>>340019878
Friendship, spirits & getting fucked up mentally.
>>
>>340019976
I dont really mind waiting on the 3DS version, its not like I dont have something else to play, plus the 3DS version has better quality than the PSP version and some extra chapters
>>
>>340019878

That's part of it, but also the gradual mental deterioration of a bunch of kids who by no means whatsoever deserve these fates. It's nifty stuff.
>>
>>340020191
It's like everytime I catch a glance, it's cute girls getting torn to shreds and comes across as some fetish game.
>>
>>340016610
Its garbage, avoid it
>>
>>340020354

That's in part because the creator is into that shit, and the 5pb games tone down on that fetishy stuff some. It's still there but read Musume if you want to see how bad that side of the series could've been in these games.
>>
Never touch that game,trust me.
>>
>>340020705

Oh, hush. The games wear their appeal on their sleeves. You can figure if you'll be into this kind of thing or not by looking at promo materials.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.