[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought this game for $14 on sale at EB Games and one thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1380) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1380
I just bought this game for $14 on sale at EB Games and one thing is REALLY bugging me about it.

In a fantasy world there are a lot of things I can suspend my belief over. Demons? Magic? Dragons? Yeah, they fit the world, I can believe they exist here. But this game has women in almost all of the prominent military roles (so far, I'm only a couple of hours in). The military camp at the beginning of the game is shown full of male soldiers, but something like 90 percent of the leadership is female. How did they get there? Women aren't shown to be in many (if any) combat roles, so how were they promoted to those positions?

They're not even archers or mages either. The female party member is the frontline tank basically. I'm expected to believe a female is as physically strong, if not stronger, than any men?

Women could be rogues, archers, mages, fucking ANYTHING else, and it would be fine. But by virtue of physical strength, more times than not, they should not be the tank. Hell, females from other races with different physical attributes would still be fine, they play by different rules.

Sure, exceptions exist, such as Brienne from GoT, and that's fine, but that's what they should be, exceptions.

I don't know, /v/, am I just being autistic?
>>
It doesn't matter.
None of this matters.
>>
>>340010250
You disgusting misogynist!
You're a fucking white male!
Check your privilege!
Die CIS scum!
Womyn can do anything a man can do!
>>
Pandering to the Game of Thrones/SJW crowd. Don't buy from Bioware.
>>
You shouldn't have bought the game, they weren't seeking realism they were seeking to please the politically correct/liberalist audience.
>>
>>340011291
>>340011069
It was preowned, don't worry lads.
>>
File: 1464880712347.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
1464880712347.png
449 KB, 1000x721
>>340011069
>>340011291
>Muh SJW boogeyman
>>
I just got off this game, I can never seem to play it for longer than 30 mins without wanting to play another game. I love the dragon age series but I just can't beat this bloody game.
>>
Cassandra is a hero that killed dragons and saved a city. Leliana helped the hero of ferelden to kill the archdemon.
>>
>>340011291
After ME3's PR for cortez theyve decided to strip the game of its original logic for that cheap sjw money.
>>
>>340011683
By 'Dragon Age series' I mean Origins, that game is amazing.
>>
File: 1434341388675.png (134 KB, 404x457) Image search: [Google]
1434341388675.png
134 KB, 404x457
>>340010250
>getting mad at a fantasy game not being realistic

What a sad cunt
>>
>>340011683
Honestly the game is better if you just side w templars and try to fuck with it as much as you can. Dont even try tresspasser if you want dlc to help curb off the game- jaws of hakkon and descent are the only worthwhile ones.
>>
>>340010250
Congratulations you now own a SJW game that also happens to be a massive piece of fucking shit,.

Bioware died after ME3 the developers leaving during Andromeda development also proves so.
>>
File: 1450680539027.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1450680539027.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
>>340010475
>>
>>340011813
>Dont even try tresspasser
Yeah, don't try the best part of the game.
>>
>>340010250
Inquisition itself is just a dissapointment. They even stripped the game of its interesting features in order to pander to muh demographic.
What happened to the keeps being important? Like the threat of poisoned water or infiltration in different holds?
>>
I remember their PR campaign was based purely off of the sexual orientations and godawful descriptions and quotes of the game's companions. I don't give a fuck who I can romance or not, that shit's complimentary. They completely pandered to the landwhale.tumblr.com audience.
>>
>>340012147
The game feels so shallow, something about it just isn't right.
>>
>>340012063
>best part of the game
>'predictable "we must disband the power that saved us from certain death!" ft. elven fanservice

I dunno man. I was ready for the next game to focus on anything other than gods and tevinter.
>>
>>340012063
You know what's sad? It really is the best part of the game. A fucking DLC that serves to set up the next game. That's the best part of DAI. Reminds me of the DA2 ending. They better do a better job with Solas than with the Mage-Templar war because their handling of that was fucking awful.
>>
File: Cerys.jpg (243 KB, 538x707) Image search: [Google]
Cerys.jpg
243 KB, 538x707
>it's ok when CDPR does it!
>>
>>340010250
>I'm expected to believe a female is as physically strong, if not stronger, than any men?
Yeah, almost as though -4 STR is a stupid meme invented by idiots who know nothing about the human body and the differences between genders.

If it makes you feel any better, Cassandra has magic powers anyway, and the other female party members are an archer and a mage, and the only other prominent women are a spymaster/bard/archer and a diplomat.

Just make sure not to get too close to Iron Bull, Dorian or Sera or you'll flip your shit and the sandstorm in your vagina will destroy half the world you oversensitive whiny faggot.
>>
>>340012465
I don't know it "could" be good, but then the Mage-Templar War also had promise and Bioware fucking blew that one.
>>
>>340012582
The Last Court handled the winter palace shite better than the game did itself, imo.
>>
>>340012620
>t. Triggered Biodrone
Why do Biodrones have to attack other games when their's gets called out?
>>
>>340010250
Literally every fantasy game that lets you choose your gender going in has this.

In D&D tabletop if you wanted you make make a female tank. Literally not a single thing in the game stopping you. So dont act like this is a sudden thing because this is decades old.

Second, there is literally only 1 women in a prominent military role and that is Cassandra. The military commander is a male. Leliana deals with spies and the fact she is a women is why she is so good at her job. The diplomats are handled by a women also but thats a whatever.

tl;dr You are being very autistic because the game is made by Bioware while ignoring the fact that what you mentioned has gone on for decades by now.
>>
File: okaaayyy.gif (625 KB, 360x248) Image search: [Google]
okaaayyy.gif
625 KB, 360x248
>>340011430
? I played the game, couldn't enjoy it because it was too much content. The fact that females had a more prominent, yet unrealistic role didn't bother me. I'm just trying to convey thoughts into something someone else on this board can understand.

I don't know what your game is by posting this image? Perhaps to grasp my attention, and split it into a dissent? Whatever the case, grow up Anon. Not everyone wants to play your dumb shitposting facade.
>>
>>340012620
>you can't fuck her
>>
>>340012620
>exception
Why am I even in this thread?
>>
>>340012787
What a boring post, anon.
>>
File: 1437190409197.jpg (30 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
1437190409197.jpg
30 KB, 346x346
I don't know man, this game tickles some autism within me. I just booted it up after almost a year and I'm hooked again. Like 30 hours in a few days hooked.

Why do I enjoy such shitty games /v/. It's something to do with that fucking general garrison management bullshit that's like vidya crack to me.
>>
>>340010250
It's really simple anon - jealousy.

SJWs will simply hate cis white males for anything they enjoy on principle.
Men are in positions of power? Take that away from them. We are the writers so we can do whatever we want lol.

Men apply for strong roles? Strength is masculinity, masculinity is bad!! Women can be tanks too!
> but tumblrina! Who will be the cannon fodder in the frontlines? Surely we can't show women ACTUALLY dying?!
Lol of course not, women are perfect tehee! Men will be cannon fodder.

Is how I imagine it. Obviously not like this but the thought guideline seems sound and in accordance with what is displayed in game.

The biggest shame is the lore and themes of both DA and ME are amazing and would be greatly utilized in the hands of Obsidian or CDPR.

Yet we get these hacks to literally rape the games' potential with their neopolitical garbage, only because people still remember them the Black Isle days (which is absolutely retarded as both management and devs changed completely so BioWare is only a name at this point)
>>
>>340010250
It's a shit game tho, I Pirated it and got to around 20 smtn and just quit.
>>
>>340012684
kal sharok game when?
>>
>>340012620
The reason Cerys works is she is thoughtful, intelligent and wise. They make a reference to her beating Hjalmar but at no point does she actually go wading into combat. If you notice as well Skellige is a counterpoint to the continent - there are shieldmaidens as well, which makes sense considering the lifestyle of raiding and civil war plus the very limited population. On the continent the only women of power are sorceresses - exceptions. In addition in no way does CDPR show Skellige to be superior to the continent because more women are involved in military activity.
>>
>>340010250
It is a bad game, made to appeal to liberal arts college students. Play a female character, the game actually has more content when you do.
>>
>>340010250
>I don't know, /v/, am I just being autistic?
ye
>>
>>340013294
>the lore and themes of both DA and ME
>fantasy allegory for LGBT rights in a grimdark setting
You do realize the plot has been about mage rights since day one, right? I mean Origins was also about the Blight and the darkspawn, but it set the stage for the mage templar war by establishing what the circles were like normally and also weakening Ferelden to make the mage uprising possible.
>>
>>340013939
Except what happened in Ferelden's circle doesnt contribute to the Mage Revolt in anyway. In fact it almost does the opposite.

It shows why the Templars are important by showing the damage mages can cause. It points out that the Mages and the Templars in Ferelden got along for the most part very where. After the epilogue it states that the Mages and Templars continue to live in peace with each other supporting each other like they should.

Hell in DA2 Cullen will mention what happens in Ferelden as a way to show that the Templars dont need to continue with the Right of Annulment because the circle in Kirkwall isnt as bad as in Ferelden yet Ferelden was saved. Had Meredith listened to him, the Mage Rebellion would never had occur.
>>
>>340013939
The plot goes much more into elven rights if anything. Even the books, aside from asunder, give like 10-50% of the plot towards this.
>>
if you can ignore the shit writing and just want that sort of rpg combat, its pretty fun. my biggest complaints is how the maps mostly feel like corridors. even the open ones theres always obstacles blocking your way so youre limited to paths.
>>
>>340010250
I'm pretty sure the only women in command positions are a spy, a diplomat, and a woman with actual magical powers

and the player character if you so choose, but that's more out of circumstance than by any personal virtue
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.