[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just about to turn 20 >no one seems to want to hire me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: and so it begins.png (184 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
and so it begins.png
184 KB, 720x400
>just about to turn 20
>no one seems to want to hire me so I just do odd jobs for my old man's contracting business so I can leech at his house
>lost two of my three brothers in the past two years
>My usually happy christian mom has been angry and sad because she spent 40 years of her life praying and trying her hardest for their healing.
>One had CF and left behind two 14 year olds
>The other was in a coma for ten years
>just write down game ideas in a notebook and play random crap all day when not reading eh bible
>all my friends are boring shits who never want to try anything or play anything with me/just have their own lives
>when I actually do play with them its only be Overwatch recently
>none of them like fighting game sor anything else really
>Just want to play some damn video games with people

What game helps me meet new friends /v/?
>>
Literally any MMO.
>>
>>340000434
for starters don't lead with being such a fucking debbie downer. no one wants to hear about your baggage
>>
>>340000434
You should just be a degenerate or an SJW. I'm pretty sure you'd be a lot happier and meet a lot more people faster and easily too.
>>
>>340000846
He's right, but a better way to put that is, learn to love yourself and people will pick up on it. People will start to look for you. Then hold onto your problems until someone unloads theirs on you, then reciprocate, and if you can stomach each other, you'll make great friends/mates.
>>
>>340001178
Yeah Im good with all that I just want some peeps that will actually play some damn video games when I'm bored.
>>
>>340000705
ah fuck I hate MMOs
>>
>>340001580
I would look for IRC channels then. Sign up on forums. Scour the interwebs for good communities, /vg/ is a start but depending on your vidya flavor of choice you may run into autismos supremos.
>>
>>340002217
Ok. I tend to like the guys on /v/ more because more open taste but I'll give it a try.
>>
>>340001178
this is super gay advice and only other gays will pick up on it
>>
File: everything fades.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
everything fades.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>340002939
fug
>>
>>340000434
Is this a life is hard thread?

>Just turned 27
>Kicked out of the house at 18
>2 years of junior college, 2 years of college, 2 years of grad school, 1 year looking for job, 2 years in apprentice-level position. Each in a different city
>Haven't built up any meaningful relationships since I'm always blowing around like a damn tumbleweed
>Apprenticeship term ending soon, looking for proper job
>Would rather work somewhere where I've already lived since I'd at least know a few people
>Current lead is yet another new town, but the job isnt even that great and the town itself is in the middle of nowhere
>Current coworkers think I should just suck it up and do it for a year or two, then move somewhere else

I'm fucking sick of building sandcastles, if I can't find somewhere I want to be before 30 what's it matter? All my old friends will be moving on to kids or I'll have been removed too long. My salary is 6 figs, but what's that matter if I live in the middle of nowhere with nothing to spend it on?
>>
>>340004651
Gotta be where you're most happy. Some people are happy moving around all the time. Some aren't. If it's money versus comfort than always choose the latter.
>>
>>340004651
at least you have money. you have nothing to bitch about desu.
>>
>>340005896
man I wish I had more money. Could play more games.
>>
>>340005481
i know, it's just hard when nobody you know really 'gets it'. all my coworkers have lived in new york all their lives. its fun, *and* everyone they know and love lives there. ive pretty much been a hermit crab

>>340005896
what good is piles of money if you have nothing or nobody to spend it on? plus im usually too busy to play much vidya i do try to squeeze in a match or two of tf2 per day though, im a decent medic
>>
File: 1432190485046.gif (717 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
1432190485046.gif
717 KB, 350x260
>>340001686
As someone who also hates MMO's, I recommend trying out The Secret World or The Elder Scrolls Online. Both are pretty fun games and are basically "Single player MMO's" which are nice. I've also made some good friends in both games who I play with.

And if you're looking to make friends online, I'd say play something with a heavy focus on community and maybe role playing. I've made a few really good friends playing SS13 after all these years and I don't even play the game anymore.
>>
File: hopefultruth.jpg (185 KB, 1260x736) Image search: [Google]
hopefultruth.jpg
185 KB, 1260x736
>>340001178
that's solid advice anon. thanks!
>>
I am very sorry to hear that anon. At least you always have us and E3 soon to shitpost about. You could probably post your steam here and have anons add you. I'm sure some would want to play. I personally do not enjoy fighting games or have Overwatch. But you sound like a good guy and I hope things turn out well for you.
>>
>>340009546
He's pretty much right.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.