[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you have fixed MGSV? Hardmode: Venom is still medic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9
File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
How would you have fixed MGSV?
Hardmode: Venom is still medic
>>
Better level design, more mission objectives. More incentive not to use the same strategies every time. All it really needed was more variety.

Oh, and let me actually customize mother base
>>
More maps in different locations. Actually finish the game. Don't repeat missions by adding an "extreme" version.
>>
By finishing it
>>
>>339987324
make skullface a mute. everytime he talked the story became shittier and shittier
>>
Drop motherbase altogether. It's inclusion just forces people to play in a certain way (non-lethal, Fulton everything) making most equipment useless unless just doing a fun run.

Drop the open world and just have large maps like ground zeroes with a finished and cohesive story.

Escape from New York DLC with Snake Plisken skin.
>>
Remove:

Opening credits
Heli waiting
Side ops cut down to like 50
Bullet sponge enemies

Add

Cutscenes
Act 3
Better way of explaining the ending over playing the first chapter again
Level design on par with Ground Zeroes
>>
>>339987324

No copypasta missions

No parasite mumbo jumbo

More memorable enemies and boss battles

Refrain from showing Sahelanthropus' humanoid form until final boss. (On that note, add a final boss)
>>
Remove Keifer Sutherland
>>
Have a GZ-like focus on the various bases in-game
Don't delete 90% of Sutherland's lines
Tranq is a late-game item and expensive
Make Quiet a higher-risk partner
Replace the late-game missions with a Subsistence option for every mission instead. Those missions will always have several on-site options to complete them
All bonus objectives are achievable in a single run, and not too far outside the mission area
>>
Add chapter 3 and make MB actually worth a damn. Allow for in-game infiltration, like someone is free-roaming, you can deploy in their world and fuck with them.
>>
More continuity
>>
>>339987324
Make a True Stealth option available for every mission. All the crazy weapons and gadgets just make the game too easy half way through. Sure the enemies get helmets and armour, but you have sniper helping you, a suit that gets rid of footstep sounds, near infinite suppresor durability, and can you can have any gear you want/need dropped in any time. And deffinitely improve the boss fights. The Metal Gear battle is tedious and unsatisfying when you compare it to MGS2 where you get to take on 30 Metal Gear Rays with just a rocket launcher. The Quiet battle is milquetoast combination of the original Sniper Wolf and End boss fights.

>And of course, actaully have conlusions for all the plot threads that went nowhere.
>>
delete sutherland, add hayter
>>
>Finishing the game for a change
>Adding side ops like pooyan mission, ghost hunt, etc.
>actual codec calls
>finish the story
>finish the "big brother" motherbase arc
>kaz less of an edgelord
>remove parasites or rework the concept since it's 2 retarded 4 me
>rewrite entire skullface plan, since it's retardation^3

Correct me if i'm wrong but it's:
>Remove english language to instill chaos
>Keep afrikaans despite it being literally English for niggers
>what's direct translation (German-Russian, Russian-Pashto, etc.)
>No English, so scary-no-faceman can sell shit nukes that don't even work on ebay and nobody will write him negative seller feedback since no English
>Chain of retaliation
>there's no retaliation since nukes don't explode
>Main weapon is powered by an autistic soviet child who listens only to the edgiest person in the area

>>339987665
Every single mission should have an Extreme mode and Subsistence unlocked after finishing with an S-rank
>>
>>339989312

Afrikaans is dutch, dude.
>>
Remove skull face
Remove motherbase/heli
Make it mgs1/2/3/4 level design wise
Add actual story
Remove horse face girl
>>
>>339989251
>>339988516
Oh boy I wonder which former voice actor of Snake THIS could be?
>>
>No open world. Instead, bases or outdoor areas on par with Camp Omega
>Side ops actually feel unique and non-copypasta
>Way more boss battles
>Have Venom speak a lot more and the supporting cast of characters more fleshed out than two-dimensional caricatures
>Mother Base has a lot more going on than just guards patrolling and the Paz storyline. Where's the helicopters and the DDs doing things related to their section?
>Customizable Mother Base, and not just choosing security options
>Properly conclude the Eli storyline at least
>Less grinding needed for upgrades
>Chapter 2 difficulty options allowed for every mission
>>
>>339989595
Kurt Russel?
>>
no more sutherland
>>
delete kojima
>>
Remove Liquid and Psycho Mantis. There were no need for them to be there. Have Liquid replaced by Grayfox because he was Big Boss right hand.
>>
>>339987324
I would have finished the whole project
>>
>>339987324
Let Kiefer talk more
>>
>>339987324
No parasite bullshit.
Venom really is Big Boss and he actually goes nuclear big bad.
No open world, it added absolutely nothing.
Big maps like ground zeroes instead.
Ocelot as a buddy and he actually behaves like the cowboy we know and love.
Drop the heli waiting and stupid credits.
Reward the player by playing with different strategies instead of just marking and fultoning everything.
In outer heaven men REALLY become demons.
Make real boss fights.

Mgo3 plays exactly like mgo2 but with better graphics.
>>
We don't, we just move on to Remake MG1 and 2
>>
Break Troy Baker's neck so he can never get his samevoice hands on Ocelot
>>
>>339991350
Venom IS really Big Boss
except he's delusional as fuck. Syndrome of subjective doubles
>Paz wasn't real
>40 minutes of tapes about paz were his imagination
>Somehow a double's awakening triggered everything, not the original's
>>
>>339987324
It would be nice if they would of added
>mgs3 camo system
>mgs3 injury system
>no free roam/add more variety then desert 90%
>No fucking wait times for items
>mgo 1-2 style for mgo not this cod style
All these are IMO there is alot more but these are the ones I would of liked
>>
>Remove develoment time
>Remove chopper intro for literally everything
>Give the ability to relocate from one LZ to another in the Op Fields instead of only motherbase
>Alternatively, replace the open worlds by a multitude of smaller but much more dense areas, like GZ's Camp Omega
>Give Chapter 2 an actual story instead of being 80% replays, 10% filler and 10% story
>Add more Subsistence mission versions
>Divide each mission-per-Side Op type by at least 3, making each iteration different and harder than the last instead of having a billion repeats
>Add more boss fights
>Remove online-bound components
>Reduce the grind needed to build MB and FOBs
>Give Snake more involvment in the game
>Remove the phantom Medic twist
That's what I can think of on top of my head.

...Despite all those problems, though, I very much enjoy the game. Mostly due to its stellar gameplay.
>>
>>339987324
Sniper Wolf is Venom and Quiet's lovechild
>>
>>339991969
>Venom IS really Big Boss
No he isn't, what are you talking about?
You DID play mission 46, right?
>>
>>339992069
But she's blonde
>>
>>339992215
recessive genes
>>
File: 2778683-venom.jpg (28 KB, 267x370) Image search: [Google]
2778683-venom.jpg
28 KB, 267x370
>>339987324
>no Ishmael in the beginning, get rid of all the self-spoiling hints at the "tweest"
>scale-down the open world, make it busy as fuck with frequent and abundant guard routes and truck shipments that change every 2 or 3 in-game days
>more bases in the open world
>more events in the open world--for example: there are random pockets of middle eastern resistance fighters who will randomly attack the russian bases
>Quiet and Codetalker are cut from the entire game, including the fucking parasites shit
>replace cut characters with Frank Jaeger/Gray Fox, Sniper Wolf, a proper Psycho Mantis, Decoy Octopus, and make a proper backstory for Foxhound; each of these characters are now your "buddies" to take on missions, each with unique abilities (more on this below)
>Remove the reflex mechanic, replace with Gray Fox buddy mechanic where if you're spotted, time slows and Fox runs up and kills the alerted guard and takes attention away from you
>Sniper Wolf would effectively work as Quiet, but nerfed since she's just a kid and still learning (shots aren't guaranteed killshots)
>Psycho Mantis can grant you temporary invisibility as a buddy, light shit on fire, or create diversions by flinging shit at guards
>Decoy Octopus can imitate the guards, which means he'll randomly take out guards on his own and alarms have a high chance of never being raised or called off for no reason
>More presence of Skull-face, and someone else (you know who) fucking with you
>After beating Skull-face, next arc is finding Eli which was actually orchestrated by Big Boss because he wants your amazing Foxhound team
>Story-wise: Eli is fucking in on everything and double-crosses you because he believes in Big Boss
>For every mission in the game, there's different settings for the Extreme challenges (pure stealth, etc). You can choose one, two, or select all of them for a true test of MGS skill
>get rid of the fucking development time for weapons and mother base

Continued.
>>
>>339992146
>The truth

>some how an unconscious body changed seats in the ambulance
>Ocelot could travel in time
>>
>>339992285
She's blonde cause to Quiet's PARASITES, fucking up her dna
>>
>>339987324
If Venom HAS to be the medic, then:
>Frank was the medic all along, too.

Also:
>Cutscenes. More of them.
>Meaningful events that actually impact upon the MGS universe
>More Huey lines
>More Kaz lines
>Ocelot buddy (or playable)
>Other NPC factions (we never see any armed Mujihadeen)

And finally, the most important (and possibly easiest to implement:
>A throwable tennisball that acts as either a noise-distraction like the empty mags, or a toy to play fetch with D-Dog.
>>
>>339992425
But Venom didn't change seats.
How did Ocelot travel through time, also?
>>
>>339992384
>no punishment for killing any and everything
>although you won't be able to use them in battle or any actual gameplay (because you don't want people getting butthurt about it), have a mother base option to start recruiting child soldiers
>if you manage to beat the game with all the difficulty modified on for every single mission and get the highest rating for them, you'll get the bonus mission of Operation Intrude N313, where you play as Solid Snake (with David Hayter reprising the role) infiltrating your mother base--this will be used as a preview for the next game in the series
>>
>>339987324
Extreme and Subsandwich OSP versions of all missions.

Have all sorts of weapons and gear lying around in the world to better facilitate both OSP missions and simply scavenging about in the map at any time rather than calling up and waiting for different shit to get delivered by chopper since there are no items and the only weapons you'll find are generic rifles/shotguns/launchers taken off of guards.

More complex structures in the mostly empty world. If anything, Metal Gear is all about sneaking through complex environments. MGSV has maybe four such places in their game, the rest is open space. Some of Mother Base's struts are fucking cool, but the only time you ever actually sneak around in there is FOB invasions.

Make Sahelanthropus not a bitch ass boss that you can neuter and make helpless by destroying the crotch gun and standing under it.

On that note, more fucking bosses. Actual bosses.

Fuck off with these days-long build timers and preposterous resource costs for gear. The base game was bad enough at Grade 6 but some of these fucking recently patched in Grade 7+ items, are you fucking kidding.

Ability to call in a DD soldier (or a whole squad) to act as your Buddy.

More stuff going on in the world when free-roaming. Things are rather static and bare between outposts.

Didn't say anything about the story because I don't give a shit about Metal Gear's story after MGS3.
>>
>>339992726
Hey, your post was just like the game; the ending sucked.
>>
This game is amazingly optimized, i can run it at 30 fps with post processing on low and everything on high using a Gt 440! This shit is literally magic
>>
>>339987324
TPP was, is, and eternally will be a masterpiece.
>>
>>339987324
I throw away everything this game has, take the engine, port MGS3 on that engine and release it as a pachinko game.
>>
>>339993661
DELETE THIS
>>
Make it Ground Zeroes with more maps instead of 99% huge empty wilderness full of niggers/Soviets.
>>
>>339993661
Figuratively words that kill.
>>
>Remove Quiet
>add more boss fights
>fill the open world with meaningful content (hub areas, minigames etc.)
>get Fukushima on writing
>bring back the faction system from MGS4
>remove the Fulton
>let us do immoral shit like killing kids if we so choose
>REMOVE QUIET

I could go on for hours.
The entire games needs an overhaul, since it's basically unsalvagable in it's current state.
>>
File: MGSV.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGSV.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
>>339987324
ONLY FUCKING ACCEPTABLE ANSWER HERE

OKAY

Take GZ main mission, and have 10-15 of them. That's where the main story is told.

Take GZ side missions, and have 20-30 of them. That's where extra lore, collectables, recruits can be acquired.

Keep mother base, but instead greatly decrease the size, and instead increase the things that can be seen and done in it. Basically make it like the PW tapes told you it was like. You could sit in a caffeteria and eat, and listen to other soldiers, hear if they complain about the food, to which you could work on upgrading food staff. A few extra cutscenes and events could be seen this way.

NO open world. It was a mistake. Better to have 5-10 GZ sized areas, some bigger, some smaller. One area COULD be a huge field, that has you trying to sneak past enemy snipers and patrols. Another could be you sneaking through a dense jungle, ala the parasite sniper battle, but with regular soldiers. And another level could have you going though a US army base, where you could delve deeper and deeper underground, avoiding patrols, all without a loading screen.

KEEP the ability to use custom loadouts, but have a HARD mode for every main mission that restricts your to basic loadout, and an EXTREME mode that has you going in without anything.

The story would be simple, and straightforward, with some twists. It would be about Big Boss truly forming Outer Heaven / Zanzibar. IT would show him delving into madness. During the game it would explain the relationship with Ocelot, and Miller. And during side missions you could get some easter eggs like getting to recruit Grey Fox, or a young Sniper Wolf, just to give fans a little extra. BB would face trying to figure out what is real, and what he is imagining. So hospital scene conceptually was fine, I like the idea of BB struggling with his own madness. So in reality Volgin, Paz, Skull Face would all be BB imagination, that would be the extent of plot twists.
>>
>>339987324
He finds out halfway through

>first half has him think he's he's a good guy
>second half has him go nuclear with the idea of being a legendary soldier, does shit using the child soldiers
>>
>>339994248
Also Zero would be in the game, only if it was just a few scenes. Miller would start to have a conflicting relationship, based on ideals. Miller might focus more on the money aspect, while BB starts wanting to just start wars and conflicts for the hell of it. Ocelot would BE FUCKING OCELOT and not the voice of reason.

Buddies could also still be in the game, I don't see a problem with them. Only change Quites stupid shit. NO FUCKING PARASITES.

TPP was the most hyped I've ever been for a game in my 25 years of playing. And the most dissapointed I will ever be. It was supposed to be fucking perfect. Kojima had all the resources, and all the time to do it. So fuck Kojima, it was not Konamis fault, they gave him plenty of time, and money to make the game, even let him delay it over and over.

Fuck Kojima, and if you are a real fan of the series, then you are a fucking retard if you are actually looking forward to what he releases next, I do not see how you could trust him after TPP. I'll wait for his next game to come out, then I might get it.

GZ was a better package. TPP is a mess. But TPP does have the best gameplay in the series at least, and it can be a little fun to goof around in the areas. Oh well.
>>
File: the_phantom_pain.png (192 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
the_phantom_pain.png
192 KB, 500x281
Make the skull unit an actual corps with different leaders with different abilities a la foxhound or dead cell

No open world, bring back the level design of previous metal gear games

More indoor locations

Get rid of the repeating missions in chapter 2 entirely

Make motherbase have an accessible interior

More things to do exclusively on mother base rather than just target practice

Bring back codec

Have ocelot actually do shit and not just be the calm voice of reason

Make skullface the final boss

Have an epilogue that is essentially a remake of the first metal gear
>>
Am I the only person here that doesn't have an issue with the parasites concept?
Even though Skull Face wanted to use them for retarded purpose, I thought it was a very interesting and original concept. Sure, it was pure magic-science bullshit, but it's not so surprising in a MG game, is it?
And it's fitting with the overarching theme of the control of information.
>>
>>339994926
Yes, you are.
>>
>>339994926
I don't really get why people complain about parasites/nanomachines
>>
>>339987324
Remove parasites
>>
Make Huey right: gradually show that everyone in Outer Heaven has lost their mind.
>>
>>339987324
Rocks that doesn't make you slip like a retard.
>>
So who is the Big Boss on the radio in MG? Venom or the real thing?
>>
>>339996325
BB was ground control
Venom was final bossu
>>
>>339987324
Some kind of lead up to the reveal about Venom's true identity, rather than just dropping the replay episode out of nowhere.
I also would have liked to see more hallucinations like Paz. Maybe Chico's ghost running around Mother Base, who knows. There was even that bit in the cut episode 51 where Venom is briefly unable to distinguish red from white. More things like that would've been great touches.

On that note, more things to do on Mother Base would have been great. Like that customization feature we heard so much about. Or seeing Ocelot and other key characters around the base.
>>
Remove Act intros.
Just have the game play as 1 big thing that ends with The Truth.

All the Acts do is show that Act 2 is unfinished and that Act 3 is missing.
>>
>>339987324
>Venom is still Medic
Venom being a new character is much better than the stupid ideas going around like Gray Fox or Solidus.
>>
>>339988056

This post would make me pretty happy.

I'd also like some conventional codecs. It feels wrong without them.
>>
>>339991529
>Remake MG1 and 2
Please no.
>>
>>339996325
It was either real BB trying to kill Solid while helping Venom to do his shit or there's that one time when you chage frequency for BB and that's actually Venom telling Solid to abort the mission.
>>
>>339989203

Getting the sneaking suit hurt the game a lot for me. I liked having to be careful.

But it was towards the end of my playtime and I no longer deal with the game at all. I just replay Ground Zeroes when I'm feeling it.
>>
I WANT OCELET TO BE OCELET GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

WHY
>>
>>339991969
Venom being Big Boss doesn't make any sense and renders things like the ending utterly pointless. Venom's existence is already pretty pointless, but the idea that he's really just some loony Big Boss is hard to support given the details of the story and would be immensely hollow.
>>
File: stop.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
3 MB, 640x266
Remember when faggots were making MGSV threads saying its going to be "the greatest game of all time" and they were "putting off suicide" for the game
>>
So after operation Snake Eater, BB hates the US and fucks off from the army. Then, he comes back and creates Cipher with Zero, but leaves again a few years later because he is unhappy about how Cipher is turning out and builds MSF.
Then, in 1984, he goes into hiding from the rogue XOF. Some times later, he goes back to the US army to create Foxhound and leads Foxhound and Zanzibarland at the same time until the end of MG2.

...Am I missing something here or is BB a bit of a lunatic?
>>
>>339996325
Big Boss. He's the one in control of FOXHOUND, and he's also still the head honcho of Outer Heaven. The only thing MGSV changed is that it was actually Venom Snake on base, not Big Boss.
>>
>>339987324
Remove open world. Game consists of 10 Ground Zeroes sized levels. Add multiplayer like in Peace Walker.
>>
>>339987324
>Remove all online features
>Finish the game
>>
Add missions like Pooyan, Ghost Photography, Base Defense, Target Demolition, and more Perfect Stealth and Subsistence missions. Some other ideas are to extract specific prisoners before a scheduled bombing like in GZ.

There's so many possibilities mission wise.
>>
>>339998092
It's more like MGS3 left him resentful of the status quo, so he eventually aligns with Ocelot and Zero after being convinced of the Patriots' ideals. But he splits because of the creepy cloning thing, and he gradually adopts a philosophy centering around the worth of soldiers and combat. He eventually comes back to FOXHOUND (FOXHOUND was established before he ever left to create MSF) and builds Outer Heaven in secret with Venom Snake helping out. Solid Snake wrecks everything and kills Venom. Big Boss creates Zanzibarland as Outer Heaven 2.0.

Things were a lot smoother before PO and MGS4. But the core is still the same as it's always been.
>>
>>339987324
It goes like this

Skull Face is deuterantagonist, does really evil shit to BB's soldiers. His plan is to use the Boss to infiltrate DD's organization and use the Boss AI against medic snake by compromising his weapons platforms. Boss AI goes along because she's all about peace. Boss AI sabotages DD's base and we get a repeat of the end of Ground Zeroes. At the same time, Eli fucks off with Sally and Medic gets his revelation. Mission 51 is used as an interlude between this and the second part.

The second part is the return of Zero, who recruits Medic Snake to kill Big Boss. Medic Snake, with the loss of his identity and men, goes nuclear as shown and rebuilds Outer heaven proper with miller only. Cue timeskip. Cypher is just rusing him and using Ocelot to lead him to his death. End is MG1, where you fight Big Boss and his Zanzibar land contingent in an all out war, lose because of Ocelot and BB teaming up to fuck your shit, then get killed by solid snake in operation intrude N313
>>
I wouldn't design it like a mobile game
>>
>>339987324
Venom still being Medic is easy mode, it makes for a much better story in Chapter 3 - Venom asserting his place as the 'real' Big Boss, and that Big Boss is a traitor that disgraces all those who died for him by colluding with Cypher.

Venom acts as his namesake upon both his closest allies and himself; as his lust for vengeance eats away at his soul, the allies he has made leave him one by one until only one remains - Kaz. Kaz was there with you from the beginning, your closest friend and dearest light in the darkness. He was ready to go deeper than Hell to take back everything they had taken from you, he stood by your side as you cast away the old Big Boss, but he could not stomach the continued atrocities. He leaves Diamond Dogs, forever cursing the name "Big Boss" as a heartless monster, and pledges to bring down any who bear the name.

Chapter 4 would see you alternate play as both Venom Snake and Gray Fox; as Venom gives in to hatred and madness while deeply entrenching Outer Heaven in South Africa, Gray Fox trains in FOXHOUND missions. Gray Fox's missions end when he is captured in OH, Venom's final mission is versus Solid Snake.

As far as the gameplay is concerned, I think it would be an easy fix:
>remove fulton, resource collecting, crappy side ops
>base building sidelined or nonexistent (base builds on its own as you complete campaigns)
>camp omega style levels hosting several missions and side-ops, instead of big empty uninteresting open world maps

The base gameplay seen in Ground Zeroes is cool as fuck, there was pretty much nothing wrong with it. As long as you have that base gameplay and great maps to use it in, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>339987324
>Venom is Solidus
>Medic Solidus is the "perfect son" of Big Boss because he "is" Big Boss.
>In a fit of demonic, autistic rage he kills Raiden's parents
>Game is now Cooking Mama but with gunpowder
>>
>>339999442
>Venom is Solidus
This is dumb.
>>
>>339999323
>Venom asserting his place as the 'real' Big Boss, and that Big Boss is a traitor that disgraces all those who died for him by colluding with Cypher.
This wouldn't be easy to reconcile with the rest of the series though. And also relegating Big Boss's defining characteristics as a villain to a new doppelganger is a total copout. As far as the stupidity of a Big Boss doppelganger goes, MGSV is at least relatively inoffensive insofar as Venom is mostly irrelevant.
>>
>Finish the game
>Add like an hour+ more cutscenes and backstory
>Add another theater to operate in
>REAL GUNZZZ ffs
>ability to replay missions with Quiet again after You beat the game
>David Hayter

Also I'd be pretty stoked for a Fox Engine Metal Gear remake
>>
>>340000043
>remakes
Why are Metal Gear fans so afraid of new things?
>>
Hard mode. Venom is medic and the only one who knows is ocelot. When big boss does show up, venom says no to handing over the title.
>>
Have all the stuff in act 2 happen before you kill Skullface.
>>
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
>>340000349
Also I'd like to see the back story expanded more.
Honestly I'd be cool with some lore friendly books
>>
>>339987324
Remove open world aspect and instead give us multiple missions on large bases like Camp Omega. As for story it would have been great to have more moments that show how Venom actually commanded and trained Diamond Dog members. One of the best moments with him isn't even available unless you're really terrible at the game.
>>
File: MGS Goes To Shit.png (619 KB, 966x536) Image search: [Google]
MGS Goes To Shit.png
619 KB, 966x536
Get rid of the open-world garbage.

Make several good areas like Camp Omega.

Get rid of Quiet to get rid of the insufferable Joostfags.[/spoiler[
>>
Medic snake was never the problem
>>
>>340000771
I just think remakes are a terrible, boring idea.
>>
>>339994016
>Remove Quiet

Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>340001324

Fuck Quiet. She was a trash character.

Give me young Sniper Wolf, the character who in 5 minutes had more personality than Quiet had during an entire game.
>>
>>339998042
Remember when I pulled out my deagle and shot you executioner style for being such a fag?

*pulls out deagle*
*shoots you in the kneecap*
*walks up to your pussy ass crying for forgiveness*
*put gun on your head*

You do now mother fucker.

*pulls trigger*
>>
>>339998638
>Target Demolition

C4Z and the oil field are the ONLY missions like this, and it's fucking retarded because the oil field mission was one of the few times the infiltration was legit exciting and tense.
>>
>>340001652
I'm not from these parts.
Is this some /v/ meme or is it real autism?
>>
>>339998042

Yeah that was hilarious.

I'll admit I was hype as fuck for V, but I kept myself grounded because I knew the open-world meme would ruin it.

I wonder if they actually killed themselves.
>>
Remove all extreme missions
If you really want to make the game artificially long, just take some side ops and put them in the main story
Add more cutscenes between missions. they can be small, but some story progression
Fix pacing (don't make me get on a helicopter after every mission, watch pointless transition cinematic to and fro, etc.)
Either streamline motherbase management or eliminate it all together. I don't care about staff management in any game
Add more variety to missions (need to use vehicle, must snipe target)
Don't punish me for playing lethally
Remove bullet sponge missions (especially that fucking skulls mission with code talker near the helicopter)
Add variety to maps. I don't want to say "eliminate open world" because I really liked approaching bases from different angles.
>>
>>339987324
Make it really ambiguous that Venom might not be big boss,like have him hallucinate alot and even make the player take on missions that never happened,but never reveal if Venom really is BB or not.
Also make Skullface a bigger threat with ties to the original patriots and Zero
>>
File: Cool Warmguy.jpg (166 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Cool Warmguy.jpg
166 KB, 2000x2000
Instead of mother base in the ocean, you make Outer Heaven in Africa.
More hallucinations.
Better designed missions, such as the one where you go find Shabani, codetalkers house and OKB zero.
A fucking gun range on mother base to test your new guns. This was in PW, how did they not put it in?
Less filler missions. E.g. the translator missions should have been side quests.
All animals are in the field and can be eaten like in 3.
No resources needed to use guns.
Multiple smaller open-world areas with unique weather and environments, like snowy Russia, blindingly bright desert and south American jungles.
Make the skulls have bosses.
>>
>>340001324
She was a shit side character shes basically only there for fan service
>>
>>339987324
>GZ type mission levels for more variety.
>As others said, varying levels of difficulty easy to extreme subsistence.
>Ocelot not on your side, he would be like a side-boss helping Eli at first but like run away when he realizes you aren't real BB and only cryptically tell you so.
>Skulls should have been like the Cobra unit
>Last Chapter complete.
>Motherbase with better interiors, better role playing feel to it. Soldiers with character interacting with Venom.
>A chance to pilot Sahelanthropus once in a mission.
>Skull Face working for Zero all along to stop Venom because hes a threat to BB.
>Last part of the game Solid shows up to kill you, sent by real BB etc after remembering you were the medic made to be his double.
>>
>>339992686
when you crash in the ambulance, its night time, when he sees off big boss, the sun is coming up, when he comes back for medic, its dark out again

Also, Digoxin doesn't work the way it does in the game

I really think Venom is just big boss going crazy, unable to deal with everything hes done, he creates venom in his mind and pins the blame on a double
>>
>>340003642
>Also, Digoxin doesn't work the way it does in the game
Sorry anon, I have to feed my soviet shota with telekinetic powers and then we will talk more about MGSV intro.
>>
>>339993661
needs more erotic violence
>>
>>340001769
The *teleports behind you* thing has been getting more ironically popular by means of making up their own shitty versions of it. It's not autism, just plain old dumbass faggotry.
>>
>>339987324
Keep David Hayter for Ground Zeroes, then explain the change to Sutherland for Venom Snake and Ishmael in TPP as age or vocal cord damage or something like those. Also, change Venom's and the real Big Boss's voice actor from Akio Ohtsuka to someone else, or keep him and have him noticeably change his Snake voice. Either way, have the vocal change exist in both English and Japanese. Then, finally, end the game with Big Boss giving Solid Snake his orders to infiltrate Outer Heaven, with BB's lines taken verbatim from the opening of MG1 (and having Hayter voice Solid Snake alongside Sutherland's BB).
>>
No open world. Actual designed levels. No repeated missions. Boss fights.
>>
>>340005607
>hayter
come on man
>>
>New area, Zanzibar land opens up, in the middle of civil war
>Stumble across Big Boss
>He captures you and takes you HIS base
>Big Boss fills you in on your role, what's happened so far from his side
>Flashback to hospital, play as Big Boss up until the two meet, building up origin of Zanzibar Land
>New areas, meet and recruit Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven, Decoy Octopus and people from MG1 and 2, asston of missions
>Rescue Grey Fox from RENAMO or whoever tortured him
>Leads up to mission where you capture Venom
>Venom leaves Zanzibar Land and Big Boss Kaz learns of the betrayal and leaves to the US
>Ocelot becomes an ambassador for the two bases
>Liquid and Mantis steal Metal Gear, Venom goes to take it back but it's destroyed
>Liquid and Mantis leave and join Big Boss
>Venom learns of why he became Boss, goes crazy and starts threatening nuclear war
>Switch back to playing as Big Boss, have to take down Venom
>Venom is killed, Big Boss convinces remaining soldiers to form Outer Heaven on land
>Big Boss takes remaining nukes for himself
>End credits reveal that it was Fox who saved Big Boss before OH exploded

I dunno
>>
>>340007141
Of course have Madnar and stuff in there. Just a load of nods to the past games and having the real BB talk. Shit like that. Probably a shit idea but I would like it more than what we got
>>
>take medium outpost/huge base from the game
>add ceiling
>/v/ praises """level design"""
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.