[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ still denies that this is actually a good, solid game Inb4 denial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: images(4).jpg (8 KB, 190x234) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
8 KB, 190x234
/v/ still denies that this is actually a good, solid game
Inb4 denial
>>
>>339970274
Its really fun with mods, but its pretty mediocre as a base game.
>>
>>339970750
Mediocre? Explain
>>
>>339970274
It IS a good game, it just lacks enough RPG elements to be called a RPG, or even a fallout title for that matter
>>
It was merely okay. There was only about two missions that I thought were memorable. I don't think I'll ever see myself replaying it.
>>
nah it's shit

I usually replay bethesda games but with this game I don't think I'll even complete it once
>>
>>339971135
>it just lacks enough RPG elements to be called a RPG
DaS, BB, TW3, and Deus Ex all have less RPG elements than FO4, yet are praised on this weeb contrarian shithole simply because everyone here hates Bethesda.
>>
>>339970828
>No Karma
>No Skills
>Cringy writing
>Voiced protag with yes, yes, no, sarcastic yes choices
>Adds a decent crafting system then removes repair
>Settlement system that was done by Elderwind's autistic brother
>Radiant quests that have you saving the same settlers over and over again.
>Shit faction design, removed New Vegas reputation system
>Nothing you do actually means anything.
>The story is a reverse Fallout 3 story

Piper and Nick are the only NPCs that actually have any life and personality in them. The dog is more interesting to interact with then most of the people in the Commonwealth.
>>
>>339971818
Well, i guess it's just /v/ being /v/
Not that i'm surprised to be honest
>>
File: 1462130798252.png (151 KB, 710x561) Image search: [Google]
1462130798252.png
151 KB, 710x561
>>339970274
>It's a good shooter, just not a good RPG/Fallout game

Do the people that say this actually play video games? The gunplay in Fallout 4 is atrocious, barely managing to be an improvement over Fallout 3, which is not a great accomplishment

Enemies barely react to your attacks and you'll be using the same tactics on nearly everything you fight
The Borderlands-esque legendary weapon system is nonsensical ('ghoul-killing' radiation gun) and breaks the game the moment you get an automatic weapon with explosive damage
Weapon variety in general is extremely limited, with most of it just being "x with a bigger magazine" or some shit, ugly ass pipe weapons can be found everywhere despite the player never needing to use them
>>
>>339971818
That's just too obvious man, you've got to be subtle with the bait, try going with political views instead, at least something where you're representing an actual opinion.
>>
>>339970750
Wut mods? Played pretty early pretty much vanilla just mods that said the entire dialogue choices like old bethesda.
And it was complete shit. This coming from a guy who liked skyrim and 3/NV
>>
>>339971860
>no karma
>no repair
these are good things though, I don't need a magical bar in my pip-boy to tell me how much of a good or bad boy i am, and weapon repair was just a nuisance
>>
>>339971818
Nah, desu i think the main problem stems from how insanely linear and dull it is. Gameplay/shooting is much better, but all the quests are boring as fuck and insanely receptive. You can't be a bad game, and the main story is pretty yawn.

Another problem is the game blows it's entire load in like 5 minutes. Like 10 minutes in, you are gunning down a deathclaw in power armour. Where do you even go from there?
>>
>>339970274

Solid 7.5/10
>>
>>339972331
Get out of this thread Todd
>>
>>339972786
Holy autocorrecting titties.
*insanely repetitive
*you cant be a bad guy
>>
>>339971860
>No Karma
Good, it was a shit system.
>No Skills
Wrong, system was just integrated into the new perk and SPECIAL system.
>Cringy writing
Bethesda was never known for good writing, even when they still had that hack Kirkbride around.
>Voiced protag with yes, yes, no, sarcastic yes choices
Those kinds of dumbed down dialogue choices only pop out with unimportant NPCs, with important NPCs the new system is actually pretty immersive, considering how they butchered it.
>Adds a decent crafting system then removes repair
Repair was never in the original Fallout games, newfag. And I'm sure repair will be added back to gear soon. MODS WILL FIX IT!!!
>Settlement system that was done by Elderwind's autistic brother
The settlement system is one of the major things that saves this game. Settlement system is cancer though.
>Radiant quests that have you saving the same settlers over and over again.
They fixed the radiant quests repeating like that in a patch, before you bitch about something try to inform yourself about it.
>Shit faction design, removed New Vegas reputation system
Let's not kid ourselves, New Vegas reputation system was a great idea, but horrible in practice. And development of FO4 began before NV was even released, they didn't have a lot of time to include a lot of things from NV to the game.
>Nothing you do actually means anything.
Means more than it does in NV, where you can't even keep playing the game after you beat it.
>The story is a reverse Fallout 3 story
Okay, and?
>>339972128
>someone calls you out on what you are
>oh shit they got me, better call it bait
You've been on 4chan way too long, friendo. This is not how arguments are won. You can't just call everything you don't like bait and everyone you don't like a cuck sjw bernie supporter.
>>
>>339971860
>cringy

literally r.eddit: the adjective
>>
Should've had more side quests imo
>>
It just gets boring, I don't give a shit about anything. I did like it's look and Nick is cool. I personally didn't think it was good. Then again I'm just a fat faggot.
>>
>>339972786
>You can't be a bad guy
Yes you can. Play through quests like Diamond City Blues and the new DLC, and then tell me you can't be a bad guy. There's no karma bar in the game anymore, but that doesn't stop you from being evil, it's just less noticeable. All of your other complaints are very valid though, but remember, Bethesda isn't known for good writing, they're good at making sandbox RPGs.
>>
File: 1464572785384.png (155 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464572785384.png
155 KB, 500x375
>>339973000
>b-but removing features and dumbing the game down is a good thing
>>
>>339973000
Todd shouldn't you be working on the new Elder Scrolls
>>
>>339973014
It should've had better sidequests.
Everything you do in this game boils down to "walk to this place and shoot everything, maybe loot something at the end"
>>
>>339973468
What is bloat?
>>
>>339973354
Sorry, you can't be a bad guy in the $60 videogame.
I haven't tried the dlc on account of base game being shit, one quest line is not the same as every corner being able to be a docuhebag like on 3 let alone ceasars legion. I really should been able to be a dick in Main game though.
As for story idk i was gonna compare to nv but thats unfair I guess
Since obsidian ia a bit above their level on narrative, but it's a bigger deal here, than say skyrim, since skyrim had proper immersion and tonnes of fum quests, when every quest in fo4 is pretty bland (save and except the one from the bartender where you rip off a drug deal and silver shroud radio) you lean a lot more on narrative and notice it's shit. The story isn't worth dragging yourself through fetch quests. Todd wanted to make dat cinematic experience and failed miserably
>>
File: g9ke6Pi.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
g9ke6Pi.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>339973740
>b-but there are too many quests and dialogue choices. Skills were too hard for me to manage in Fallout 3 please remove them so i can just shoot stuff.
>>
Not really sure how to sum it up but I never really felt invested into the game like I did in NV, TW3, hell even FO3 got me more interested in chasing down dad than baby Shaun.

A lot of stuff also felt pretty forced. Oh look a gang with old timey clothes. Oh wow sarcastic ghouls. Oh wow even more sarcatic ghouls. That whole building where you fight and kill a terminator, except the fight is retarded as fuck after all that build up. All the romance options were just literal one line "ok i like u now"
>>
>>339974003
But you can be a bad guy. Not so much in the main quest, but everywhere else you can be. Hell, there's even moments in the main quest where you can be bad, like just blowing your son's head off the moment you meet him and convincing people to kill themselves. It's true that Todd sacrificed a lot of player freedom to make this game a cinematic dumbed down FO3, but it's not as bad as most of /v/ claims it is. It's a solid 7.5/10 game. Not GOTY material, but still a solid game.
>>
>>339974492
The only good part of Fallout 4, the only thing they improved on is the gunplay and exploration. Everything else took 2 steps back.
>>
I'll admit that Undertale, MGSV, etc. are good games but I can't with Fallout 4.

It's just bad. There's no redeeming qualities at all
>>
>>339974492
What happens if you kill Shaun right away? Kinds fucks the story
>>
>>339974492
>7.5
That's pretty shit for a fallout game though. I'd much rather go back to NV.
>>
Fallout 4 is kinda like a buffet. The quality of the food isn't that great, it's quite unhygienic to leave food waiting on the table and you feel like you have to eat a lot to get your money back. You realize you'd be better of just ordering something for the menu, but then you remember that you really, really want to have some of those fried drumsticks, a steak and couple of meatballs so you choose the buffet anyway.
>>
File: 1450222980912.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
1450222980912.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
Is there a reason to do a low intel run in this one? NV had some of the best dialogue when you played with 1 intel.
>>
Honestly, with the DLC and the mods, it does become rather fun to fuck around and explore, but the base game's story is just utter shit. Usually the factions are a bit more grey, but this time its basically:
>BoS: Far Right/Nazi/Fascist
>Institute: DNC/Amazing Atheist/Fedora tippers
>Railroad: BLM/Far Left
>Minutemen: Libertarian
>>
>>339976812
Im prettysufe railroad was trying to be more like the actual umderground railroad than BLM...
>>
>>339970274
good. but bethesda has the skills, money and resources so they should be making games that arent just good, arent even great but truly amazing.
Far Harbor's quests was more along the lines of what they should have originally had . I wish the entire game was more along that vein. But the map should have been twice as big as it is (including all of the FH island)
>>
>>339976812
I wish Minutemen would be more militaristic. It would've been a lot of fun to gather guns and armors for settlers and build walls and turrets to protect the settlement instead of clearing ghouls/muties or rescuing kidnapped settlers.
>>
>>339976203
No, but all INT does is boost your XP gain, which you gain quickly enough questing even at 1 INT. Winning move now is to just take 1 less INT then the highest INT perk you want and get the INT bobblehead.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.