[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen a game with such a contrast in quality of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: HANDSOME_JACK.jpg (817 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HANDSOME_JACK.jpg
817 KB, 1920x1080
I've never seen a game with such a contrast in quality of writing. When the dialogue isn't trying to be memey/zany/forced I'd actually say it's pretty great. Handsome Jack is actually a fantastic villain. He's manipulative, sympathetic, intelligent, and actually pretty funny when the cringe writing doesn't kick in. It feels like Gearbox has 1 or 2 really great writers who are surrounded by memelords and shitheads.
>>
Okay.
>>
>>339969589
Handsome Jack is the best thing that came out of borderlands 2 tbqhwy senpai.
>>
>>339969589
nah, if you want to see good writing in a video game in this style play tales from the borderlands, it suffers on falling back on shit memes now and then but overall it's actually good unlike this tripe.
>>
>>339969589
The Tiny Tina DLC legitimately gave me the feels towards the end. But then Burch had to ruin it with hamfisted quests about bikini armor and "fake gamer girl genderswapped" and it just became preachy.
>>
>>339969589
But Jack isn't a villain. Jack is a hero.
>>
>>339969589
>has to call up and remind you every 5 minutes why he's le evil man with ebin reddit pony antics
ye no
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1461x1043) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1461x1043
>>339969589
>want to replay bl2
>remember there's like a thousand dlc which I don't own
>remember tiny tina
>remember that Mechromancer is one giant shitty damage stacking gimmick
>zero looks like a complete fucking faggot
>soldier mcturret whatever his name was is as generic as it gets
>maya is underwhelming "im a mage whose only ability is to force choke people xd"
>dwarf is reddit
>>
>>339970285
wow you're a faggot, just pick a character retard
>>
>>339969976
Man fuck loaderbot, worst character by far
I've only played Tales From, how reference heavy are the main games?
>>
File: daily reminder.jpg (27 KB, 564x356) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.jpg
27 KB, 564x356
>>339969589
said no one ever.
>>
>>339970285
Stop being a choosy little bitch anon.
Get the GOTY edition with all DLC since its like 20$ or just get handsome collection
>>
>>339970853
Or pirate it if you don't wanna do the co-op
But I can't see why anyone would want to sit through a Borderlands game for more than one playthrough singleplayer
>>
That part when you're killing Angel and Jack is screaming and crying in the backround was actually fantastically done.
>>
>>339969925
That's not Torgue. I don't know how they managed not to make him yet another memelord while shouting dumb shit around.
Jack is overrated.
>>
"If you say one more goddamn word, I'm going to slap that lame wig off your stupid head and gouge your eyes out with my pinkies."
"What are you-"
"That was three, see you soon."

Gave me chills, Jack is the greatest.
>>
>>339970285
>soldier mcturret whatever his name was is as generic as it gets
>Can switch weapons in a split second
>tons of weapon damage bonuses
>explosive bonuses out the ass
>insane reload speed bonus
>Increased shield capacity and decreased shield recharge delay
Axton is the only character you can play like it's a old school fps, literally a best.
>>
ATTENTION ALL UNITS: FEMINISM IS AWESOME
>>
>>339971660
>Not the same game
>Quote out of context
Here's your (you)
>>
>>339971445
Yeah, a friend actually only recently got the game so I've been playing as Axton for the hell of it, I never got all the way through UVHM until now either. We're on the DLCs now.

He's playing Kreig so most of the time I'm poking out from behind cover to cover praying that Grit keeps proccing every time I don't fucking hide again fast enough after being hit, while he's just running around playing Kreig's Point and Click Exploding Adventure.
>>
>>339971445

I really fucking hate in TPS how they have such a hardon for 'weapon swap' builds.They're annoying as fuck and stop me playing a class and the higher difficulties will force you into that tree.

Don't get me started on all the "3 seconds after killing an enemy" shit...
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x400
>>339969589
Post villians who are literally you.
>>
File: image.png (692 KB, 900x2577) Image search: [Google]
image.png
692 KB, 900x2577
>>339969589
> yfw handsome jacks VA also was perfect cell

Borderlands is very good but I do like jack more then a lot of villains
>>
His voice actor is charismatic. That's it. In-game, he's annoying, his actions are contrived, and the writers can't seem to even keep his origins straight and he shifts back and forth from being a cutthroat corporate guy who killed to climb the ladder to being a wannabe hero.

Him showing up to just chump Roland with one shot was so fucking dumb and managed to ruin any dramatic tension BL2 was going for along with all the characters involved.
>>
>>339969589
He's manipulative, sympathetic, intelligent, and actually pretty funny

And with a wicked sense of humor ;)
>>
File: S3gQxo5.jpg (88 KB, 1095x615) Image search: [Google]
S3gQxo5.jpg
88 KB, 1095x615
>>339970602

Like the OP says, it has occasional decent writing, some genuinely funny stuff but far too often it forces something really painfully forced down your throat.

Butt stallion is one of those "why did anyone think this is funny?" moments.

Also randomly inserts the writer's politics into the dialogue in really hamfisted, forced ways (pic is from TPS). It's a setting where half the planet would eat your baby but apparently homophobia is far far worse.

There's one set of audio logs where everyone is randomly in gay marriages and it makes it confusing as fuck to listen to.
>>
>>339970602
>doesn't like Loaderbot

utterly irredeemably shit taste if I'm honest
>>
>>339969589
Despite the shitty memes, I liked him a lot too. Too bad the boss fight itself was dog dick.
>>
>>339974509
It's kinda funny when one of your friends is playing Krieg and Jack does down in two hits as soon as you find the real copy
>>
BL2 was god tier game, fuck off niggers
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.