[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People say pic related is 50-70 hours long Are they just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: media_cloud_big.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
media_cloud_big.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
>People say pic related is 50-70 hours long

Are they just shills are absolutely retarded? I did everything in the game AND got omnislash and knights of the round within 25 hours.

I was at the end of the game without omnislash and knights of the round in 16 hours with all other side quests completed (not killed ruby weapon or emerald weapon)

This game is short, and there's barely any content at all. It's the weakest final fantasy in terms of content 6-9 I think.

70% of the game is on disc 1. This is my unbiased opinion by the way.
>>
Considering I never play this game past Midgard anymore, yeah it's pretty short for me too.
>>
Games way to repetitive for me.
>>
>>339965021
Playing with cheats doesn't count
>>
I did my first playthrough a couple of years ago and did almost everything in 30 hours or so, so no way it's 50-70.
However I find it hard to believe that you did all that in just 16, since I'm fairly quick in these things myself. Was it your first time anyway?
>>
>>339965021

Took me 45 hours without a guide and without cheats back in the day. No internet, no nothing.

Greatest fucking game ever. The amount of sidequests is just right,
>>
>>339966054

no cheats.

this game is shit

>>339966185

the game has 1 or 2 short side quests. what?? The other "side quests" are 2 minutes long.
>>
>>339965021
>le play with a walkthrough generation

Keep having that fun, bro!
>>
>>339965021
Before YouTube and Google existed this game would have easily lasted the average gamer 50+ hours to do the main quest and 70+ including all weapons and sidequests. You're showing your age OP.
>>
I beat the game in 28hrs, pretty short yeah
>>
>>339966464

dude this game is not fun. I don't even know why I played it.

>shit characters
>shit ambiguous ending
>shit plot twists
>worst main character ever
>terrible cringe tier dialogue
>every single dungeon is a narrow corridor.
>press x to win

You don't need any strategy literally THE ENTIRE. GAME.
>>
>>339965021
>I did everything in the game AND got omnislash and knights of the round within 25 hours

Did you appreciate anything in the game at all? Did you just run and skip through as much as possible, or use a guide outright?

I played very recently at a regular pace and what you're saying reeks of retard
>>
>>339965021
>I did everything in the game AND got omnislash and knights of the round within 25 hours.
bullshit
>>
>>339966725

>appreciating this game at all

The only thing to appreciate was Cid.

everything else was absolutely bad.
>>
Heh I hate FF7 too guys. It's so popular so those kids are all stupid except us, right guys? So overrated.
>>
>>339966660
>>shit characters
>>shit ambiguous ending
>>shit plot twists

what an idiot
>>
File: 1459863722464.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1459863722464.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>339965021
>he didnt revive Aerith

lol casual
>>
OP is a dirty liar
>>
>>339966830

way to argue with my claims buddy. You're a fucking manchild still wanking off to Tifa's overblown tits after all these years
>>
>>339966798
lol he swears and he's so manly

his DREAM was so touching not like those other dumbass EMO character right LMAO

kill yourself
>>
Took me a few posts to realise this was just bait. Too bad
>>
>>339966938

Cloud was a paper thin pile of shit character with forced drama and Evangelion tier monologues

fuck off
>>
It lasted me 40 hours on the first
No chocobo grinding, no KOTR, no omnislash, just main quest, wutai and some time wasted at the golden saucer
>>
>>339966920
I don't argue with "FF7 is over rated" retards, you're mud daubers infesting firewood, there's always another one waiting to swoop out for my attention
>>
>>339967095

Wutai quest takes about 20 minutes to complete

All of the side content in the game is just as contrived and forced as the terrible plot is.
>>
File: 2Yni481.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
2Yni481.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>339967013
>>
I haven't played the game in years but I put 60 hours into it to beat it fully.
>>
>>339967203
Both the side quest when you're chasing down Yuffie and when you're climbing the pagoda?
No
>>
I'm sorry your favourite JRPG will never be as popular or loved as VII OP
truly I am
>>
>>339967454

Yup. Takes less than 20 minutes actually.

dont act like it doesn't.
>>
git gud OP I did it all in 10 hours
>>
>>339965021

Remember everyone, don't give attention to retards.

If no one replied to garbage threads like this, /v/ would be a much better place.
>>
>>339965021
>I did everything in the game AND got omnislash and knights of the round within 25 hours.

No you didn't.
>>
>>339967631

Consider the fact that people still post about New Vegas like its the best fallout game ever. then consider the fact that people still think Skyrim was a good game. Also consider the fact that half the people that are on these boards are fucking children who have never even touched an NES in their lives because they were too busy swimming around in their dad's balls.
>>
>>339965021
i bet you didnt beat emerald and ruby weapon
>>
>Game is shit because I can speedrun its content
Admittedly, you're just looking for any reason at all to hate on a 20-year classic, because this is what people do on /v/.

And that may be your genuine opinion, and nobody's going to change your mind, but you're not going to change anyone else's mind either. So fuck you, fuck your thread.
>>
>>339965021
I completed this game in 28 hours I think (even on the slowed down PAL version)

FF VIII was 40+ though
>>
>>339967874

I didn't.

But why would I?

It's completely meaningless to do so.
>>
>>339967912

You could spend 10 hours inside Balamb before you even go to the fire cavern. kek
>>
I'll take a game that can be completed in 40 hours at a casual pace over a 200 hour bloated bore filled with fetchquests and walking in empty fields
>>
>>339966279
>the game has 1 or 2 short side quests. what?? The other "side quests" are 2 minutes long.
Wutai + the Pagoda with Yuffie
Vincent's subplot
Sunken Plane
Ancient Forest
Everything in the Gold Saucer (Battle Arena + Chocobo Racing + plus everything else)
Chocobo breeding (you did breed a gold one, right?)
Recovering all the shit you couldn't get in Midgar fist time around.
The three optional Weapons

And probably a tone of shit I completely forgot. So the '2 minutes' shit is an absolute lie.
Have fun having a contrarian opinion that no one cares about.
>>
>>339969121

>sunken plane

takes 5 minutes

>ancient forest

takes 5 minutes with guide

>vincents subplot

takes 1 minute (kill 10 enemies wew lad)

>everything in the gold saucer

probably the most contrived piece of shit mini quest in any game EVER invented. 0/10

>recovering all the shit in midgar

you mean getting that ultimate weapon? takes 30 seconds

>the three optional weapons

Ultima weapon takes like 10 minutes and thats because you do something contrived and stupid known as fly after him for 10 minutes straight and then he suicides himself in less than 30 seconds into the battle.

Also you have to be mentally incapacitated to really do the chocobo breeding, just glitch ruby weapon and get it that way.
>>
>>339969471
So none of them were 2 minutes...good job, faggot.
>you mean getting that ultimate weapon? takes 30 seconds
There are at least two. Probably more and a few other things, it's been a while.
>probably the most contrived piece of shit mini quest in any game EVER invented. 0/10
That's not blitzball or Tetra Master. Weak shit excuse anyway.
>Also you have to be mentally incapacitated to really do the chocobo breeding, just glitch ruby weapon and get it that way.
Most people wouldn't admit to being that much of a faggot that you had to cheat a boss reward instead of beating it. Good for you, I guess?
>Guide
And yet you still missed and ignored all that stuff...I don't know what to say. That's really, sad man. I'd feel sorry for you, but I kind of don't care. Whatever.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.