[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While the Xbox One might be shit it does have a very nice home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 20160604_104431.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160604_104431.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
While the Xbox One might be shit it does have a very nice home screen and a better controller than it's competitors.

Discuss some Xbox news or backwards compatibility wishes.

Buyers remorse general
>>
I like the 360 controller better and the xmb of the ps3. Xbox one's home screen is a cluttered mess.
>>
how about forwards compatibility? where it actually has playable games?
>>
Why would I buy an xbone and use backwards compatibility when I can buy a 360 and the same games for a fraction of the price
>>
>>339953838
>better controller
>has to use 3rd party rubber grips for the analog sticks

kek

and what >>339953956 said. the xbone screen is a cluttered mess. its just a bunch of windows with a bunch of shit i dont care about. Would have probably liked it if I could customize its look and take away shit I dont want to see.
>>
>>339953838
I prefer the 360 controller to the Xbone controller. The Xbone controller has a nicer d-pad but the triggers and the bumpers felt perfect on the 360.
>>
>>339954312
>anecdotes
>>
>>339954012
no no sonypony, thats our joke
>>
>>339954312
I use the grips to keep the actual sticks new

I like taking care of my things.
>>
WHY THE FUCK IS ENEMY UNKNOWN BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE BUT ENEMY WITHIN ISNT JESUS FUCK I WANT TO USE MY MEC TROOPERS IM SO MAD FU K
>>
>>339954480
Because EU is free this month.
>>
What makes the XB1 bad?

It just feels abandoned to me.
>>
>>339953838
Bought that controller for DaS3.
It felt so great and it made it very clear how shit the DS3 was.
>>
Bought a 1tb xbone bundle with gta v, ground zeroes and some racing, 2 controllers and battery packs from some richfag for €310. Played for 2 weeks, sold for €380.

Still want to play halo 5 but think the ship has sailed for me to pick up and play that game on a competitive level. Really wanted dead rising 3 too, loved the series.

Maybe if it got a few more good exclusives u would've kept it.

Very unimpressed by the current gen. Compared to last gen it seems like a downgrade.
>>
>>339954280
>tfw this question never has an answer
>>
>tfw got an Xbox One at launch
Dumbest decision ever. I'm just hoping the console makes a comeback with better exclusives eventually.

>>339954280
Because you can also play Xbox One games?
>>
File: Battlefield_2_Bad_Company.jpg (266 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_2_Bad_Company.jpg
266 KB, 1600x900
I jut really want pic related to be backwards compatible.

I play really regularly and it's becoming really noticeable how much the playerbase is dwindling, the idea of playing Arica Harbor or Panama Canal with a full fucking server of players is fucking heaven to me.
>>
>>339954890
Maybe, just maybe, they will release a great new exclusive
>>
>>339955102
>xbone has games
Well now you're just lying
>>
>>339954476
>keep the actual sticks new

for what purpose? so you can show it off to your friends hoping they will be impressed by it?
>>
>>339954280
That's what I did. It's fantastic. It also has composite so I can play on the giant CRT that I have upstairs.
>>
>>339955192
If you don't have a capable PC or PS4, the Xbone isn't a horrible platform to play multiplats on.
>>
>>339955289
Because I like taking care of my things.

Not everyone does things to impress others anon.
>>
>>339955662
i take care of my things too. doesnt mean i have to baby everything up though.

i wouldnt be surprised if you actually wore gloves while you play games to ensure that no dirt can ever build up on the controller.
>>
I'll give you the controller, even though I've only tried the Xbone Launch Day controller and the shoulders felt like mushy ass. I've heard it's gotten a lot better and they've been incorporating some of the Elite upgrades into the standard controllers. I might pick one up for PC when the Scorpio comes out because the joystick drift is starting to bug me on my launch 360 joysticks.

The menu is absolutely atrocious on the Xbox. The Playstation isn't much better but it still beats out the Xbox with its clusterfuck of "if I hit back, where would that go?" and "what fucking nested menu is that setting in?"
>>
Sold mine months ago but i kept the controller.

Its a Gen 1 from 2014.

Micro usb port is giving me the shits tempted to just solder in a plug/cable that wont fall out.

eventually ill get the wireless dongle but $30aud is alot when your broke.

Console was underpowered Junk but the controller is goat
>>
>>339956808
>XMB
>Better than Xbox 360 Blade or Tile redesign
To be honest most console UI's are horrible.

i loved the old PS2 and Xbox Originals though.

Windows Vista-10 with classic shell craps over consoles even if its a mixed bag
>>
>>339953838
I have that exact controller
>b button keeps getting stuck, worse and worse over time
>fucking disconnects randomly
>usb port stops working randomly

holy shit I'm mad
>>
>>339957264
I miss original 360 blade design and menu. The redesign sucked but was usable, and luckily my shit redringed so I never had to use the awful new 360 experience shit full of ads on the welcome page.

XMB is utilitarian enough for a console that it doesn't get in the way. Nothing will ever beat the simplicity of OG 360 hitting the guide button and context sensitive things happen if something pops up on the bottom. The store was ass though.
>>
I'm still annoyed microshit dident relase Bioshock 1, 2 and infinite at the start of the backwards compatibility updates
They said they would, but it's a year later and they haven't, instead they are going to milk it dry by selling it as a bundle
Damn right I still have my 360 disks
>>
>>339956269
No wtf anon. He doesn't actually USE the controller. Nono its actually just wrapped in nigh visible plastic in order to prevent his display being ruined.
>>
File: NinjaGaidenII_esrb_051008.jpg (416 KB, 650x929) Image search: [Google]
NinjaGaidenII_esrb_051008.jpg
416 KB, 650x929
>>339959665
Xbox 360 had one of the shittiest libraries of any console I've ever seen, and they haven't even mentioned porting over the one and only game I care about on it
>>
Just ordered two, and I love them. Best PC gamepad in the current generation
>>
>>339953838
>and a better controller than it's competitors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
>>
>>339954012
The new Xbox will probably be both forwards and backwards compatible. You could play Burnout and then play DayZ. Project Helic hints at a PC/console hybrid.
>>
>>339953838
I really enjoy how you can connect your cable box to your Xbox.
>>
The only reason I'll never buy a shitstation is because of their retarded controller.
>>
>>339954890
Because it's great to play all your games all on one system? Or that all GWG games can be played on Xbox One?

What's funny is when sonyponys say ps plus games are good and list just PS3 games that can't be played on a ps4. If ps4 had BC including vita you could have a point.
>>
>Best home screen
>Ads everywhere
>Tonnes of forced eceleb shit on the activity feed
Come on now.
>>
>>339957982
Sounds like a defective controller. Just get a new one.
>>
File: 1464583478672.jpg (142 KB, 580x420) Image search: [Google]
1464583478672.jpg
142 KB, 580x420
>>339953838
>>
>>339959665
There was a bioshock collection on Xbox One and ps4 that was leaked so it's probably gonna be soon.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.