[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Copper Dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 32
File: copperdreams2[1].jpg (24 KB, 800x350) Image search: [Google]
copperdreams2[1].jpg
24 KB, 800x350
Isometric turn-based Deus Ex / MGS like Cyberpunk RPG from Serpent in the Staglands devs:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams

Why are you not backing this, /v/ ?

The guys have literally no exposure in the main stream press (with the exception of PC Gamer) so I'll unapologetically shill this now.
>>
>>339946653
I did back it for 25 bucks. I hope they get funded because the concepts sounds pretty sweet.
>>
>>339947736
Also it feels like one of the only kickstarter RPGs trying to do something new instead of retreading old ground.
>>
>>339946653
If you're gonna shill a game at least do it right and post some footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmBl9AmZZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsRs-r93As
It also doesn't bare any resemblance to Deus Ex and looks more in line with Escape From New York
>>
>No console version
Your wife is cute though
>>
>>339946653
>Why are you not backing this, /v/ ?
Backed at $75, I wish them the best of luck with this project. I need something while I wait another 7 seven years for Underrail 2. And more RPGs with proper stealth in general. That sound system they described makes my dick rock hard.
>>
>>339948083
When I saw those facial animations they have going on with layered textures I instantly thought of Vagrant Story.
>>
>>339949278
>wife is the programmer and designer
>husband is the artist
>>
Shilling too, to get this funded. Come on back it , those poor devs are starving they are only skin and bones!
>>
File: whalenought couple.jpg (81 KB, 750x540) Image search: [Google]
whalenought couple.jpg
81 KB, 750x540
>>339946653
I think they just can't get any coverage, at all.

>dark and gritty visuals as well as overall package
>low-poly graphics not used for bright and colorful effect
>barely anyone played their previous game so they're flying blind
>actually honest to god original IP not piggybacking off of something

I'm kinda pissed to see how much that recent Cthulhu game made in a day.
>>
Are you ready for STRONG BLACK WOMAN?
>>
>>339946653
>turn-based
yawn
>>
File: 1419965643082.png (275 KB, 501x550) Image search: [Google]
1419965643082.png
275 KB, 501x550
>isometric
>turn based
>>
>>339950015
should've posted the gif of her blinking
>>
>>339950015
I don't know why they're posting unflattering screenshots when that's not how you'll be seeing the game anyway.
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX
I will never support this game because codex
>>
Underrail 2?
No thanks
>>
>>339950262
It looks nice though
>>
File: sound.png (282 KB, 638x357) Image search: [Google]
sound.png
282 KB, 638x357
>>339949583
Seriously. We entered the final week, I think it's time to stop worrying about whether we are shilling or not. Who the fuck cares. The systemfaggotry in this game is too sweet to not get realized. The wound system, the time system, the save system, these guys are full of good ideas. Who knows if it'll turn out well, but at least they try, and at least we might help with the testing.

>Sound
>Enemies can be alerted to your presence from your noises, including footsteps, throwing items, jumping, doors and gunshots. As you get closer, you are more likely to be heard, although if there is a wall or some other obstruction between you and the enemy they receive a negative modifier to their roll.

>Sight
>This one is obvious, but the player is detected from a certain distance away via a vision cone from enemies. Crouching is a good way to hide behind smaller objects if you know an enemy is coming your direction. Being in light gives a positive hit modifier in combat, and being in a darkened area gives a negative one.

>Detection
>Once detected, enemies will engage in combat. They instantly roll for initiative after seeing you, and if they can will call for backup. Their call can be interrupted with an attack. If they can’t call for backup, either by word of mouth or radio, they’ll begin to engage in combat.
>If you run out of combat your enemies will remember your last known position and pursue you. Remain hidden long enough (or continue to outrun your opponent), and they’ll give up and enter an alerted patrol stage.
>>
can you even link animated gifs here ?
>>
>>339950467
You can but it has to be under 4MB
>>
>>339950428
And to think it was all wasted on a turn-based game. Oh well.
>>
>>339950428
literally underrail
>>
File: 2015-09-13_0916.jpg (343 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-13_0916.jpg
343 KB, 1600x900
>>339950428
Biggest thing is they already made a game so they generally know what they're doing, even with jump to 3D. Yeah sure, it wasn't a 10/10 masterpiece or anything but for their first game ever it was pretty fucking amazing.
>>
File: alert.png (278 KB, 636x468) Image search: [Google]
alert.png
278 KB, 636x468
>>339950428
>If more than one enemy is engaging you, they’ll attempt to flank you. They’ll also utilize their abilities and equipped weapons responsibly. This is a large part of the engagement combat system we’ll be working on for your alpha for testing! In a more simulationist system like this, smart AI is paramount, so we aim to have scripts for enemies that are lethal and appropriate. Enemies will have wide ranges of intelligence, including flushing you out with grenades, suppressing fire to stall you for other enemies to get into position, and mind-hacking your crew to fire on each other or walk out into the open.
>Enemies don’t have a hive mind vision, so you can also be sneaking or have characters waiting to ambush enemies giving chase. Toying with their senses is part of the fun, and challenge of encounters. Some enemies have enhanced senses and abilities to combat player savviness, such as giving chase with enhanced jumping or running speed.

>Alert Status
>Enemies have various states of being alerted to your presence. They’ll either be patrolling as normal, running to these patrol points in a panic, or searching in random locations near the sound or location they heard a noise.
>If an alarm is sounded or backup is called in a high-security syndicate controlled building they’ll come from outside and go through a sweep of the entire building before calling it off. If it’s the Mayflower Initiative (the most powerful syndicate on the Island) they can have a tendency to leave behind a Copper Face or two sneaking around. Better to hope not.
>>
>>339950561
So you're telling me you DON'T want more stuff like it? Because god knows what Styg is doing. Probably scratching his balls in Serbia with all the Euro bills he made.
>>
>>339950778
I want more poe, w2 and tton
>>
File: stealth.png (197 KB, 637x357) Image search: [Google]
stealth.png
197 KB, 637x357
>>339950747
>Sneaky enemies
>Normally you get a red arrow indicator for hearing targets outside a character’s field of view. This is a player advantage system, as in something the enemies don’t also get (they roll to hear you when you're moving). We originally had this only appear when you actually rolled to hear footsteps, like they do, but it was visually clunky, popping in and out constantly. Instead the red arrow is permanent for enemies in your hearing range unless they are sneaking, in which case you’ll roll the same way enemies do for detecting, otherwise they’ll be completely invisible until they’ve rolled initiative and have a bullet headed toward you. Even then you’ll need to detect them — if that was suppressed they may have rolled well against your character’s Observance and remain hidden.
>All these sensory mechanics are done in and out of combat, so you’ll be able to manipulate and hide from enemies whether engaged in a firefight or sneaking through a building.
>>
ded
>>
>>339950950
please stop falseflagging/posting in every RPG thread we know you're from RPGcodex or else you wouldn't care so much about them
>>
>>339949715
>I think they just can't get any coverage, at all.

Because no one will actually cover unfunded Kickstarter games. Unless, you know, your project is actually big to warrant instant coverage. Or if it's being made by big some names. Or if it goes viral overnight and they want to jump on clicks bandwagon. What I'm trying to say it, press is hypocritical as fuck about it all.
>>
>>339950950
I guess it's a good thing those first two are getting sequels then.
>>
File: congrats!.jpg (103 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
congrats!.jpg
103 KB, 1024x768
>>339950561
That would be a good thing though, even if it WAS literally Underrail. It isn't.

>>339950778
>Because god knows what Styg is doing.
Probably raising his newborn son. This thing was added to the credits with one of the March or April patches, so I don't think he gets much sleep nowadays.
>>
>>339951036
I don't know what you're talking about
just bumping this thread while posting my opinions
>>
>>339950015
do you have to play as a black chick your do you actually get to create your own character?
>>
>>339951329
meant to quote >>339950263
>>
ask notch for help, seriously do it
>>
>>339951459
You create your own character.
>>
>>339951459
You have a party of multiple characters. They've already shown a white guy and a white chick in the same clothes.
>>
File: animu reaction face.png (162 KB, 284x281) Image search: [Google]
animu reaction face.png
162 KB, 284x281
> shilling for free
>>
>>339950428
>>339950747
>>339950970
This is pretty sweet. What other recent games have stealth mechanics like this?
>>
File: 1435957853004.jpg (79 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1435957853004.jpg
79 KB, 300x250
how about send an email to Polygon and tell them about a female developer struggling to make game funded on kikstarter? i think they'll take the bait
>>
>>339951864
>for free
Nah mate, we are actually paying for the privilege. It's a kickstarter, you know. Unless we ensure this shit succeeds we won't be able to throw our money away. And that would be horrible.
>>
>>339949538
>>339949715
>tfw no qt programmer waifu

>>339951973
polygon supporting straight white couples
>>
>>339951925
Underrail has very good stealth mechanics, but it doesn't have this vertical element to it. It does have a noise and light system, and enemies using stealth against you though.
>>
File: 1459116464911.png (55 KB, 364x268) Image search: [Google]
1459116464911.png
55 KB, 364x268
>no demo
INTO THE TRASH
N
T
O

T
H
E

T
R
A
S
H
>>
>>339952286
Underrail actually has surprisingly solid systems under the hood, although that could be greatly amplified by the fact people go into it expecting a story-heavy game like Fallout when that's not what Underrail is.
>>
>>339952548
The best RPGs are the ones where the story comes from your experiences, not what the developer tells you.
>>
File: combat bar.png (143 KB, 664x645) Image search: [Google]
combat bar.png
143 KB, 664x645
>>339952548
Do they? The only thing I've heard about it before release was how much of a combat-heavy game it was with little to no story. I had no idea anyone expected a story-heavy game.

Also, dumping more shit because why not.
>Upon joining combat, everyone rolls initiative to see where they are placed on the timeline, and then progress downward. The timeline is moving until one of your characters hits the Turn Bar. The actions of enemies are instantaneously chosen and the timeline continues without a break.

>When one of your characters land on the Turn Bar, the timeline stops and they can choose an action. Once selected, that action plays out and the combat bar timeline continues.

>During the execution wait time, the length of which is dependent on your action, your character is prepping their action: aiming, re-balancing for a swing, or preparing to use an item. At the Execute Bar they fire off the action, and return to the top of the timeline and resume traveling down again. If more than one action is required (like multi-shot or suppressing fire), the character is held at the action bar until complete.

>Any character on the timeline can be interrupted or stalled by suppressing fire, being hit, or even by getting bio-hacked. With simultaneous actions, there can be weapon draws to see who can get their shot off first, determined by speed and a weapon's action time.

>When NPCs die, they leave behind a big flesh pile that's sure to raise suspicion. To diffuse this situation it's recommended you pick up up the body and throw it somewhere. A body can also be used as a good decoy, or a perfectly acceptable d8 blunt damage roll by heaving it into enemies.
>>
File: Thenamelessone.jpg (19 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
Thenamelessone.jpg
19 KB, 320x299
>>339952621
>>
>>339949715
They're cute. A CUTE.
>>
>>339952491
>not enough money to make demo
>can't get more money cos no demo
life is suffering
>>
File: trio-fant-2.jpg (264 KB, 812x776) Image search: [Google]
trio-fant-2.jpg
264 KB, 812x776
>>339952820
You know who he said that? Avellone himself. He believes in system telling the story, even though he was largely responsible for probably the best story in any RPG ever made.
>>
>>339953016
well then make a demo without money
>>
>>339950428
>>339950747
yeah, that's definitely all gonna make it into the final release with no compromises
>>
>>339946653
>Backing Kickstarters
>Buying early access

It's like you never played Starbound, anon.
>>
>>339952820
I don't consider Planescape Torment to be one of the best of all time.
>>
>>339952621

LARPERS LEAVE
>>
>>339953140
It's almost like that doesn't happen CRPGs. Yeah sure, you can argue the final product's quality because that's subjective, but devs don't really bail on their games.
>>
>>339953091
And THAT is why we need Eddie Van Halen on guitar.
>>
>>339953031
>creepy middle management pedophile
>GOD AMONG MEN, he also lifts regularly
>misshapen garden gnome playing pretend

I'm always amazed how good Avellone looks compared to other developers.
>>
File: 3.jpg (59 KB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
59 KB, 500x588
>>339952820
Just what is this game about and why does everyone say it's so good? I've never seen anyone name a single example of story in this game being good. It makes me believe the vast majority of people just say it's good because other people say it's good and haven't played it.
>>
>Gravity
>Throwing an item instantiates its own icon in the combat bar, and the time it travels is pre-determined by the trajectory of the throw distance. Thrown items use physics, and with a good bounced throw you can get items around corners or onto rooftops.
>Aiming a throw is a roll. You select a trajectory point, and how close you get to that point is determined by rolling for accuracy. You'll rarely get right on target, but instead a random point if you miss. Higher the roll, the more close to the target. This means trying to lob a grenade through a small window or crevice is more risky than over a fence, and a bad roll might result in your grenade bouncing and landing at your feet instead.
>You can optionally stop the timeline again as you are performing an action to see the rolls at play. This allows you to get the exact look at what's being determined behind the scenes, and what would normally be too much information to place in the timeline.

>Simulationist Dice Rolling
>Weapons themselves have a wide variety of factors that determine their uses, some of these exaggerated to make a more compelling array of choices. A shotgun for instance has very poor accuracy for more than 4 tiles away, as it only gives you a d8 to roll to hit, but works marvelously as a use for suppressing fire. Suppressing fire targets a cone, and anyone in that cone rolls Mental Stability or gets delayed on the combat bar. A weapon has a suppressing fire number that not only determines the roll, but also the length they are delayed. A powerful shotgun blast can keep even hardened militants at bay, giving time to flank or other party members time to prepare.
>There are lots of item stats that determine functionality — multi-shot actions are affected by a weapon's recoil, which degrades the to-hit roll after the first shot. The list goes on.
>>
File: 1442070162181.jpg (210 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
1442070162181.jpg
210 KB, 1024x685
>>339953381
Play it and find out for yourself, what do you have to lose?
>>
>>339953031
Why is Avellone so based? Also Ken Levine is and always was a hack and Tribes Vengeance was absolute garbage.
>>
>>339953381
>I've never seen anyone name a single example of story in this game being good
Maybe because they don't want to spoil beings who does not played it yet
also you must be 18 to post on this site
>>
File: cr.png (96 KB, 554x150) Image search: [Google]
cr.png
96 KB, 554x150
>Challenge Rolls
>The ways you are rolling to hit are determined by a largely static Challenge Roll (CR) number to get over that is comprised of environmental and opponent's skill factors.
>Each of these have a small, usually single digit value that added together make up a Challenge Roll to beat. Distance is the predominant one for firearms of course, while melee is going to be more concerned with block or dodge.

>Rolls toward a Challenge Roll
>There are two ways characters can dynamically roll against an attack to be added to the CR, and that's for melee combatants using block and dodge (extensive XP training and stat numbers would be needed for dodging projectiles). Unless trained otherwise, a character can only block one incoming attack at a time, so these would be negated by any further attacks if they are happening simultaneously.
>Dodge is stat and skill related, and very useful against slower melee attacks.
>Blocking is determined by a defending character's weapon block number (a pool of d4) and a blocking skill which can be trained. A character who doesn't have a melee weapon equipped cannot block, so if you're in range of someone with a firearm equipped that's easy prey.
>The culmination of all this should be that success is determined by a player using logical tactics that are appropriate for a situation, not gauging enemy stats or levels. With this system, a lowly ruffian with a grenade is as threatening as a Copper Face with a grenade.
>How we make enemies more lethal, and how we scale your lethality, is in broadening your skills and item uses with training, as well as giving enemies more sneaky and predatory AI, making them work together, and giving them abilities that take more than lead to put down
>>
>>339953563
because he's handsome unlike the other two
>>
>>339953381
It's got a unique setting and story. The combat and encounters are dogshit though which is the only thing the Infinity Engine is good at. Fallout is better.
>>
>>339953031
>you'll never take months of your personal time to flesh out a setting even further after game pre-production has ended

And that's the reason why we'll never again get another game on Torment's level, even if Numenera does exceedingly well and surprises everyone.
>>
>>339953545
Time i could have better spent fuckin
fucking my 9 and 12 year old kinky nieces in the ass.
>>
File: AilmentsCopperDreams.png (1 MB, 1324x642) Image search: [Google]
AilmentsCopperDreams.png
1 MB, 1324x642
>Ailments
>Instead of HP, we’ll be using stackable ailments, which are the result of D8 die rolls that vary based on your weapon. The ailments fall into three categories, lesser, greater and mortal, each with its own cap that is increased or decreased by character creation stats. For example, a player might have 12 lesser ailment slots, 6 greater ailment slots, and 3 mortal ailment slots. If any of those three categories reach the cap, a player falls unconscious, and the next ailment in any category will result in death. NPCs have slightly different rules, dying immediately if a category is full instead of falling unconscious.
>These ailments vary based on the weapon or projectile that is dealing damage, and require different kits to heal different types of damage. Burns from a grenade can’t be healed by the same kit that would clean up a puncture wound. Magic items can augment ailments with magical properties or roll an additional magic D8 with its own dynamic table of injuries — a fire sword not only could cause various slash damages, but it could also scald to incinerate flesh and bone.
>These ailments do not just inch you closer to death’s doorway, but also decrease your stats until heal, simulating the weakness that your player should feel if they are fighting with a few bullets in their legs, a broken kneecap and a minor concussion. Stat decreases will vary based on the ailment category and body location. Arm injuries will hurt aim while a head injury impacts logic and mental stability.
>Most lesser ailments disappear at the end of a round of combat or after a certain number of actions, while greater ones can be healed and mortal ailments require the aid of resting station.

>Resting acts as a down time. While you rest you can heal the aforementioned wounds you received while exploring or carrying out missions with the help of resting stations or temples, and if you have party members who are already in fine health, they can work, gossip or train.
>>
>>339953563
Because he worked for no big publishers after black isle died and is now unemployed.
>>
>>339953359
The catch is that he's a manlet.
>>
>>339953112
Don't see why not. It's just a stealth system, I'm not seeing anything impossible about it. Hell, look at a mod like GMDX, it added similar shit. It's not an impossible promise like a 15 level deep mega dungeon of the quality of Durlag's Tower.
>>
>>339954164
This is really good. However, I wonder if implementing something like Hard West's injury system could work with that. Hard West is not an RPG so it's not well-balanced but the idea is excellent, in my opinion.

>Heavy combat wounds have a random chance of causing injuries that carry over through the next fight
>You can heal them at the doctor's or you can go into combat severely debuffed
>Surviving the injury turns it into a bonus with a light debuff remaining
>>
>>339950262
>sideway mag
>in the FUTURE
dropped
>>
>>339954912
I Wonder if they'll have retarded looking attachments like Escape From New York too since they said they're inspired by it.
>>
File: level.png (75 KB, 461x338) Image search: [Google]
level.png
75 KB, 461x338
>Timing
>At your job, you’re assigned assets to inquire about throughout the campaign that change depending on the outcome of previous missions, your extracurricular work, or how you’ve decided to frame the information you’re giving back to Wolffz Bay. Your syndicate starts the game providing you with large, open-ended events, which aren’t time based (or are long durations you don’t have to stress too much about).

>During these syndicate events you may find smaller tasks to do, and those can have timed elements. There's a day/night cycle which coordinates Calitana happenings you'll want to be savvy to. Timed missions vary in scope and are mechanically meant to only allow a certain number of rests before they can be completed, or are instead altered in a larger way that changes the nature of the mission and potential outcomes.

>This also reflects a more realistic and sensible world where time exists for NPCs as well. For instance if you are dropped off in an enemy compound searching for an asset and must leave before morning, you can’t afford a rest. If you have 24 hours to detain an asset, you have time for one rest. Going beyond that time, that asset may be captured by another syndicate, move to another location you need to discover, or be killed.

>Non-syndicate quests range from large scale mysteries to solve, to ones with urgent timing, and inter-company issues like giving traitorous employees a severance package. A Wolffz Bay Agent can also be a source of aid in their district and you might find yourself aiding the civilians under your protection. You have a range of events that keep your agent busy in an open city and island to explore at your leisure - just make sure to bring some hardware if you're treading in hostile districts.
>>
>>339955446
post the saving mechanics
>>
File: dialogue.png (114 KB, 641x374) Image search: [Google]
dialogue.png
114 KB, 641x374
>>339955519
Sure, just give me a minute to finish this first.

>Dialogue
>From a role playing perspective, keywords give you the freedom to choose dialogue choices without an authored tone of the conversation guiding you. From a mechanics perspective, keywords turn dialogue into a puzzle. While sometimes your conversations are trivial, asking directions or reporting results of a mission, at other times you'll be trying to gather much needed information and can use items or saved keywords to open up new conversations paths.

>If there is a rogue agent that needs intel and you would like to help him, dragging confidential data diskettes into the dialogue screen (literally handing them over) will turn the flow of your current conversation. NPCs retain their personality and character to drive the conversation.

>In a nutshell, a keyword-based dialogue system will involve conducting conversation through keyword prompts while the person you are talking to is discussing in detail their responses or questions. There are mid-conversation keywords that adapt to the conversation at hand, and also global keywords that are stored which you can ask different people about (more on that below). If you’re having a conversation about Agro-Fax with another agent and he says something along the lines of “Agro-Fax supply routes are something we’re gunning after," “supply routes” would be a keyword that would appear to continue the conversation in that direction.

>This system works by always making the keywords generated in tangible ways, not just being somewhere or watching something happen. Instead you need physical evidence or spoken evidence to generate those keywords to be used.
>>
>>339953140
They released their first game as scheduled and it was pretty good.
>>
File: items.png (753 KB, 907x542) Image search: [Google]
items.png
753 KB, 907x542
>Your Camera
>On Calitana, you are both a victim of the surveillance system as well as an active part of it. At the start of the game you'll receive a camera that will allow you to snap polaroid-size screenshots of objects and people as you're exploring. The camera acts like any other usable item, allowing you to click on a target to take a picture. After taking a picture, it renders it in your terminal and is tagged with the name of your target and the location.
>This photo essentially acts as a keyword: target name + location. In dialogue, pictures can be accessed from the terminal to be dragged into the dialogue screen. Suppose you’re tasked with finding a rogue agent and see a Wolffz Bay employee at an Agro-Fax building. You can inconspicuously snap a picture of the employee with that location keyword attached, and then be able to convey and initiate that dialogue path.

>Items
>You can physically drag an item from a backpack or quick slot into the dialogue screen to get a reaction for it. This would be used for items you retrieve, but also to learn about something foreign in your inventory.
>For example, if you’re tasked with discretely searching out empty lots that could be used for weapon storage for Wolffz Bay, one way to do it is finding a business in charge of the lots, sneaking in at night and copying a data diskette of all existing lot entries. That’s something you could turn in, but if you are trained in Hacking, you could also break into protected files and print correspondence with other syndicates that could be added to the conversation. Doing this could prevent tension with another syndicate who might have been planning on buying all the lots, or allowing your syndicate to act first.
>>
No. I hate pixelshit and this is no exception. Doesn't matter how good a game might be, it looks fucking horrible and if this was 2000, it'd be OK. But it's not. I don't want AAA super graphics but something that doesn't look like a game made 15 years ago.
>>
File: keywords.png (791 KB, 921x543) Image search: [Google]
keywords.png
791 KB, 921x543
>Saved Keywords
>In that same scenario, talking to an employee of the lot business during the day could also get you that info, or the location of another free lot depending on how convincing you are. In situations like these you don’t get items, but saved keywords. If he talked about “Lot A16”, that would become a global keyword you can use from that point on.

>Conversation skills
>Some keywords can be augmented with your aptitudes or virtues to act as a pip-count check. Keywords can also be actions relevant to the conversation also augmented with aptitudes or virtues. For example, the Streetwise skill will help you in all forms of deceit, while Mercantile will give you an edge when speaking with merchants and cybernetic artists, as well as anyone you're trying to bribe.
>>
>deus ex
>looks more like some shitty steampunk/gothic art style
>so shit it literally hurts my eyes to look at
yeah nah, fuck your shill thread
>>
Look great. Pledged, and looking forward to some stretch goals!

:D
>>
File: radio.png (23 KB, 598x294) Image search: [Google]
radio.png
23 KB, 598x294
Could have sworn they have said more about this. Ah well.

>Saving with your field radio
>Radio calls have their quirks that any good agent should be privy to — you'll need open air to reach the towers, so you won't be able to make a call five floors below ground in a bunker. Using a radio can be intercepted and heard from short distances. Opposing syndicates will consider this a threat and either investigate or call for backup (depending on their alert level) if they hear unregulated radio calls in their controlled zones of the city. A good agent should know how to either find or 'create' safe zones to make the call if they are in unprotected areas.

>Furthering the premise of making persistent consequence while playing, the field radio will keep you aware while out in the field, and make those non-savable areas even more dangerous.
>>
>>339955519
>>339956716
Nice to have semi-ironman in missions
>>
>>339957118
I have mixed feelings about it. I've always been a compulsive saver, it physically pains me when I can't. But it's an interesting idea and the novelty of it might be enough for me get over it.
>>
File: 1452977957919.gif (758 KB, 336x200) Image search: [Google]
1452977957919.gif
758 KB, 336x200
>>339957498
>when a game has no delay when you quicksave and it keeps multiple quicksaves
>>
>>339953563
vengeance was alright
>>
>>339957821
nah fuck off
the story was absolute garbage too
>>
>>339953201
Emergent gameplay is not larping, though.
>>
>>339957897
It amused me
>>
>>339946653
>Isometric
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>339958253
Let's anger both sides while we are at it.

It's isometric AND has a rotateable camera.
>>
>>339957498
fallout 1 and 2 ruined video games for years for me because they made me a compulsive save scummer.
>>
>>339958647
It's alright, there's still hope. You too can get good
>>
>>339958647
For me it was HoMM III
>what if I hit end turn and it turns out I fucked up everything irredeemably
>that must not happen

To be fair though I don't save scum. I just save. I must.
>>
>>339958647
Dungeon crawlers will make it worse.
>>
This might not be the best thread for this, but fuck it. Anyone here played Gorky 17? Is it any good? GOG has it on sale and for $1.5 I might even give it a try.
>>
>>339958939
I have since beat la mulana hell temple, bro.

There is no getting good in fallout, RNG, and buggy code is too much of a bitch.

>game is literally so bugged it enters unwinnable states and CTD loops regularly.
>I end up keeping a rotating 10 slot save for my game, incase I need to go back two or three hours because of some bizarre mistake I made hours ago that actually bugged a whole quest.
>>
>>339960591
It would be better if you had more tactical options in Fallout.
>>
>>339960019
I've heard mixed things. Some people praising it and others saying its shit.
>>
>>339960019
>Anyone here played Gorky 17?

Underrated game. For $1.5 I'd get it, though.
>>
>>339960591
there is no getting good in any game with rng, anon. idea is not to FIGHT the system, it's to minimize the risk.yeah sure, game will occasionally fuck you over with 99% miss or something, but main idea is to bend the numbers in your favor with the options game offers you.
>>
File: gk.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gk.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>339962154
>>339963070
Thanks guys, I think I'll get it. It's not like I'm risking much. And science fiction rpgs are not exactly common either, so hopefully I'll get a few good hours out of it.

Also, I wanna roleplay as a slav in a tracksuit.
>>
>>339946653
>Why are you not backing this, /v/ ?
do you people never learn
>>
>>339963882
Backing Serpents was pure goodwill on my part, I was convinced a two person rookie team would never actually release anything. That the game actually came out was nothing short of a miracle to me, let alone releasing on time and delivering what they promised. Nothing more, but it's still pretty impressive.
>>
>>339963775

Gorky 17 is good but hard as all fuck. Unreasonably hard at times.
>>
>>339964465
Are we speaking Wizardry hard here? Or Age of Decadence style trial and error hard? ToB Ascension bullshit tedious hard, maybe?
>>
>>339965065
>beat SoA and have a blast
>get to ToB Ascension and have to deal with bullshit encounters every 5 feet
>>
>>339965641
Don't fucking remind me. I'll never be able to replay any BG ever again. And I really wanted to like it too.
>>
>>339966139
You can toggle the harder encounters off at least
>>
>>339953201
>if the developers don't spoonfeed me a scripted, cinematic story it's LARPing
>>
>>339967000
I think he just misunderstood what that anon was saying, and assumed he was talking about flower collecting in Skyrim or some shit, instead of something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7sjoH8Sqc
>>
>>339951473
Does he play these types of games?
>>
>>339946653
>kikestarter
I'll pass, it does look interesting though.
>>
>>339968007
I think notch is too busy with twitter fights to play video games.
>>
>>339953715
Have they said anything about showing hit chance?
>>
>>339969260
I don't think so, although the issue came up before. From what I gathered they don't want to show hit chances. But this is one of those things that wouldn't be too hard to change if it becomes obvious the game would be better with it and we whine long and hard enough during the closed beta.

But no actual comment from the devs themselves if I remember correctly.
>>
>>339946653
Oh man I love Escape From New York
>>
Was Serpent in the Staglands any good?
>>
>>339949715
>game looks like shit
>those are the devs
They can get fucked, hope this kickstater fails and they cry on twitter
>>
>>339971008
It gets mixed reactions, but certainly no one considers it flawless. From a small dev team working on a shoestring budget, it is amazing. But that might not be enough for you.

Well, it's no worse than Spiderweb games for example, so if you are into low budget rpgs you'll probably like it.
>>
>KICKSTARTER
>>KICKSTARTER
>>>KICKSTARTER
>>>>KICKSTARTER
>>>>>KICKSTARTER
>>
>>339970117
>>339971360
Is the new SitS expansion gonna be 3D or what? Isn't it going to be on the same engine as Copper Dreams?
>>
>>339971008
You can always just try the demo.
http://serpentinthestaglands.com/demo.php
>>
>>339946653
Can't they just fund it from the money they stole from the Serpent in the Staglands expansion stretch goal?

If anyone's unfamiliar with it, they just scrapped the SitS expansion and spent the money to develop the 3D engine for this shitty game, and announced a completely different expansion in the same 3D engine, with a completely different combat system, story, characters, art, etc.

So fuck them.
>>
>>339971726
See >>339971760
>>
File: vh8oQ1t[1].gif (3 MB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
vh8oQ1t[1].gif
3 MB, 620x620
>>339971008
I liked it. It had a lot of neat ideas, a cool art style, and scratched the old school itch.
>>
>>339971850
I see what you wrote but that doesn't answer my question at all since as far as I know the new expansion is free too and they're just revamping the systems for SitS.
>>
>>339949715
Look at those pretentious faggots, it's like a screenshot from Portlandia
kek
>>
>>339971008
It was hipster Darklands for numale retards.
>>
>>339971726
Same engine, yeah, but I'm not sure about the art. Obviously it won't follow CD's art direction, but I think it will be 3D. Don't quote me on this though. And it's not coming out any time soon, so a lot can change until then.
>>
>>339971952
How does it not answer the question? The "expansion" will be nothing like the original game and nothing like what people paid for on the original KS. It's going to be in the bullshit 3D engine they developed with that money. Unless people have forgotten about it so they won't even have to make it.
>>
>>339972004
I never understood why /v/ uses numale as an insult when this board is full of omegas.
>>
>>339972365
Because omega >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> numale.
>>
>>339972004
What is numale about it?
>>
>7 days
>still need 1k
kek no way they'll make it
>>
>>339972638
It was a shit game that you only buy to show your hipster friends that you're a good goy supporting indie developers with ZOMGPIXELART graphixx.
>>
>>339972759
I wonder where the stolen money from this KS will go, will they develop a space sim with it this time?
>>
>>339972759
Lots of kickstarters ramp up in backers near the end during the hype train.
>>
>>339972823
I hate to argue about semantics, but by your definition it would be simply hipster, not numale.
>>
>>339972823
so in other words there's nothing wrong with the game and you're just retarded
>>
>>339972975
You say that like there's any hype for this trash
>>
File: header[1].jpg (85 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
85 KB, 460x215
So, I've had an eye on this, never pulled the trigger though. How is Serpent in the Staglands? I like the pixel art and the spell effects look really fucking neat, but apart from that? Fun?
>>
>>339973169
It doesn't hold your hand at all. If you like exploration I'd say go for it just get used to writing your own notes.
>>
>>339973085
Game has worse combat than Darklands, retard. If you weren't twelve, you'd know that Darklands combat was widely panned as the worst thing about an otherwise great game.

Oh, and it doesn't have a single thing that made Darklands good either.
>>
>>339973169
The combat is nothing special. But the story is interesting, it has some good quests and kinda bullshit c&c, and the exploration is pretty nice. Just try >>339971732.
>>
Sounds pretty neat. Too bad it won't get funded. Not like they would be able to complete the game with a measly $40k anyway. They're either underestimating the amount of funding they really need, or they were hoping to get way more than they asked for.
I refuse to fund any kikestarter shit, so I ain't donating anything.
>>
>>339973524
If you read the campaign page they say they made money off SitS and they're asking for more to add more content to the game.
>>
>>339973524
>Not like they would be able to complete the game with a measly $40k anyway.
They will complete a game even if this doesn't get funded, it will be just... well. Probably nothing interesting.
After SitS they have a pretty good idea what to expect with the budgeting, so I think they'll manage.

Styg developed Underrail on even less money.
>>
>>339973906
Styg is a god amongst mere mortals.
>>
Fuck this shit game, what I really want to know is how much cucking is going on here. >>339949715
>>
>>339973906
>Styg developed Underrail on even less money.
Over millions of years.
>>
>>339974152
stop samefagging up the thread with your shitposts
>>
>>339974065
>install Underrail
>see that I have to talk to 200 people first and they're all on separate levels of some convoluted vault
>try running
>there's no run option
>can't speed up animations
>character walks like a lame penguin
>uninstall
>>
>>339974065
True. That nigga flat out refuses to just simply take our money by any means other than buying his game. He is crazy.
>>
>>339974287
One of the only real flaws with the game. The easiest solution is to use cheat engine and ramp the game speed up to whatever you desire. I lay at 1.8x speed.
>>
>>339974152
Fuck off. Were talking about video games. Take your fetish to /gif/ or /hc/
>>
>>339974240
Well, it ain't called Timelapse Vertigo for nothing.
>>
>>339974458
Oh I'm sorry, did they pay you to advertise on 4chan, shilly-boy?
>>
Because someone else will fund it for me.
>>
>>339974590
what if they all think that and nobody does?
>>
>>339974590
I sincerely hope it'll work out for you.
>>
>>339974582
>Gets called out on his shitty derailing attempt to talk about BBC
>goes for the shill card

Better hurry up with that prepping, Jamal must be getting impatient
>>
>>339946653
>almost definitely won't get the music
I don't give two shits about the voice work, but music is fucking important.
Also they said something about a demo before they started the kickstarter.
Might have been persuaded to donate if they delivered.
>>
>>339975726
Yeah, it's a shame. Apparently they sent out some kind of prototype for a few people, but a demo might have helped. It's not like the final product will look any better, and it would have gave us an opportunity to see some of the mentioned systems in action, even if they are not fully implemented yet. I really want to test that stealth system for example, or the grenades.
>>
So, you get any money, OP? Or did you just give the Codex a giggle?
>>
>>339976585
Vault Dweller agreed to suck my dick if I do it. Who could refuse such an offer?
>>
>>339976795
And here I was thinking Brother Nonepsay was the premiere cocksucker swellguy.
>>
>>339977153
Pretty sure Codex is the premiere cocksucking platform for indie developers right now, they shilled so hard for so many bullshit kickstarters in the past few years, and they all turned out to be shit.
>>
>>339977153
Never settle for anything less than the best of the best.
>>
>>339977358
indie shit is the only place decent RPGs are coming from right now unless you like cinematic shit
>>
>>339949324
>Underrail 2
What's your opinion on Underrail? It looks like fallout 2 in Metro, is it like that? I'm considering buying it.
>>
>>339948717
I love turn based combat but at first view this just seems more tedious and more clucnky than necessary
>>
>>339977823
>It looks like fallout 2 in Metro, is it like that?
Not really. Fallout 2 was mainly about the story and roleplaying, while Underrail is about combat and exploration. The writing is kind of hit and miss, some people love it, others don't even notice it's there. The combat and character building is very fucking sweet however, one of the best there is.

Buy it. Or pirate it if so you wish, if you are not certain wheter it's a game for you.
>>
>>339977358
That's only because everything is shit.
>>
>>339978302
Thanks, sounds nice, I'll wait for summer sale!
>>
>>339979120
I'm sorry you feel that way. But I'm sure there are some good classics you haven't played yet that can help you get by while you wait for something that appeals to you.
>>
>>339979562
That might be a good idea. Underrail haven't really been discounted since release, and there may or may not be an expansion in the works. If there is though, a larger discount sounds fairly likely.
>>
>>339979562
>>339980279
I'd advise against it. Mean, it's ultimately up to you but the people who like Underrail (such as myself) tend to think it's more than worth full price. Might as well pirate it and give a lil som' som' to the nice guy dev if you think it's worth it.
>>
>>339951071
>What I'm trying to say it, press is hypocritical as fuck about it all.
what else is new?
>>
>>339981697
On the other hand, if it does get a significant discount, say, about 50%, it would be a good time to stock up on gift codes.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.