[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you all think of hitman, now that we have gotten 3 episodes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: hitman.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
What do you all think of hitman, now that we have gotten 3 episodes thus far? Do you find it a true sequel to blood money, or just shit? Personally i have barely played the first episode, but i am planning on starting soon. Rather than having to wait so long for each episode. I'm not sure if i am a fan of the episodic format, but i suppose that perhaps allows them to put more effort into every mission? Supposedly episode 3 is pretty damn good.
>>
You guys overestimate how good Blood Money actually is. Larger levels with more options (like in Hitman 2016) are objectively better and more fun.

Even the biggest levels of BM were fairly small and limited.
>>
>>339942023
Yeah they were, but blood money was pretty good. I liked absolution too if i am gonna be honest, since the storyline there gives you a reason for it being like it is. And i think several of the missions in absolution was quite good. In a dev video the devs said that all the events leading up to this hitman game may or may not have happened.
>>
The levels are good, much better than absolution and they're big enough to be a proper playground. Episode 3 is weak in comparison to Sapienza but it's still fine, if they maintain the same quality this game will be a great return to form after Absolution.
>>
>>339942326
What was weak about episode 3? Aren't you basically in a place of civil war if i remember correctly?
>>
>>339942415
My issue with Marrakesh is that it has a really fucking cool location and backdrop, but the targets stick in their respective buildings on the opposite side of the map for the most part rather than using the space outside, which is also a problem that Sapienza had, the protest never amounts to anything, and there's a bit less freedom in how to deal with the targets this time around. 47's job is to stop a riot from happening but it would have been neat to have it be an event.
>>
File: dude.jpg (7 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
7 KB, 250x202
>>339942023
Hitman 2016 is shit. Absolution took the series in the right direction, and the whole world think so besides the contrarians on this board.

Absolution has a fully fleshed out plot and narrative, more varied and numerous levels and environments, and actually flows smoothly from beginning to end and feels like a real game experience.

2016 Hitman has been completely unacceptable since launch. Charging full price for a game that was like 20% completed, disgraceful. And some people here actually defend that.

>Guys it's ok we only have 2-3 levels because this time I can distract the guard of the RIGHT with a coinflip instead of the guard on the LEFT lmao
>Guys what's with the vague and patchy origin story they halfassed and never finished? Fuck it who cares this time I hid guard number 1 in a freezer instead of a closet man so much REPLAYABILITY AND ROOM FOR CREATIVITY
>>
americans everywhere. fuck that shit.
>>
>>339942649
I see. Well i suppose you have to make things make sense gameplay wise due to the story in that respective map. Still, it seems like the devs are on the right path. Many more missions are to come from my understanding. I really should play the 3 chapters now.
>>
>>339942736
>Being so contrarian you start defending absolution
Didn't even read after the first sentence, your post is drivel, don't post in these threads again.
>Higher difficulty means more guards and faster detection, forcing you to use your "ULTIMATE DISGUISE/WALLHACK" bar.
No, dipshit.
>>
you don't need a huge map to make a good level. 'A New Life' is one of the most beloved missions in BM, and it's tiny as fuck.
>>
>>339942736
I do agree with you in that absolution did have a plot from the beginning through the end and i feel 47 got more developed as a character.
>>
File: 20160603153959_1.jpg (403 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160603153959_1.jpg
403 KB, 1920x1200
>>339942856
I haven't been disappointed with the levels so far. I would just rather the targets used the location a bit more, although Marrakesh will be an interesting level for contracts.

>>339942947
Small levels can be good too, but the way that 2016 Hitman has been going with very large levels also seems to be working pretty well.
>>
>>339943142
It does seem like the episodic format allows them to put more effort and flesh each mission/lvl more out. Rather than if they made all of them and put them as a single game.
>>
File: 1453167308566.jpg (17 KB, 373x275) Image search: [Google]
1453167308566.jpg
17 KB, 373x275
Episodes 1 and 2 were really good but 3 was just bad. Aesthetically awful level and nothing about the design made sense or felt helpful to the player. It's not about "gitting gud" either, it's just all of the entryways, disguise opportunities, assassination choices pale in comparison to previous levels. I think I'm done with Hitman. I have no desire to reach level 20 or finish the challenges in this level.
>>
>set off a bomb in the consulate
>guy goes down into the tunnel
>gets led all the way to the entrance of the school where the general is
>stops
>doesn't move
>general doesn't come out to meet him
>everyone just stands still in that spot
Did they even finish the level?
>>
>>339943247
Well, that is the idea, and they kind of have to do it this way since each level needs to keep people interested until the next one comes out. Smaller levels wouldn't work as well unless they were releasing them every other week or something. I think the second "season" has already been confirmed, too.
>>
>>339942736
>Hitman 2016 is shit. Absolution took the series in the right direction
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>339942742
This. I hope they will patch some native voices or at least accents in the future.
>>
File: Dr.Pepper.jpg (58 KB, 460x522) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Pepper.jpg
58 KB, 460x522
A miss the dark & gloomy atmosphere and music of contracks.

Also the NPC voices are super fucking repetitive, fuck Yuri Lowenthal.
>>
>>339944383
Every third guard on the planet is Steve Blum, apparently.
>>
Fuck the new developers.

And fuck the old ones too, they left Hitman to make that shitty f2p ww2 game.
>>
>>339941861
Paris is okay, Italy is nice, Morocco is trash.
>>
>>339944352
it's not just that they speak english, is that they act completely american as well, with their quips and jokes.
>>
File: Lex_Luthor.png (63 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Lex_Luthor.png
63 KB, 300x225
>>339945481
>>
is there a way to unlock everything without having to play the same mission a million times?
>>
>>339945974
You can do every challenge in a few playthroughs at most since you just have to do them once, then reload a save to do something else.
>>
Death to Spies is the true successor of Hitman.
>>
>>339946375
>shilling the cheap Russian knock-off
Leave, faggot.
>>
>>339946483
2ru4u, m8
>>
Is it just me, or are the levels getting more and more obtuse? Trying to find the consulate intern, or getting that food delivered to the general have no or almost no hints in game, and definitely no opportunity highlights.
>>
>>339946852
I don't use opportunities on any level, but the food was easy to figure out, I haven't tried to find the intern, so I can't say anything about it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.