[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't own any of the 3DS Fire Emblem games and I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png (287 KB, 456x409) Image search: [Google]
PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png
287 KB, 456x409
I don't own any of the 3DS Fire Emblem games and I want to get one. Which is the best?
>>
any of the gba titles imo. no waifushit and more focus on gameplay.

(don't savescum)
>>
>>339940685
I've already played the GBA ones. I'm asking about the 3DS ones, as you can see by reading the original post.
>>
>>339940574
Conquest. Pirate Conquest. Best in terms of story and gameplay when we're talking 3DS FE games. Though if you're gonna play an FE game on the 3DS expecting a good story, I'd say give up and just buy and play Radiant Dawn if you're a eurofag, if not, tough luck.
>>
Save your money or Gateway space and don't bother with any of them.
>>
Awakening: bad story, absolutely godawful gameplay
Birthright: bad story, bad gameplay
Revelations: bad story, bad gameplay
Conquest: awful story, great gameplay

Take your pick.
>>
>>339941976
>being a memer
>>
>>339941976
>Conquest: awful story
Change it to decent and this'll be right
>>
>>339942135
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1461990567455.png (1 MB, 599x1166) Image search: [Google]
1461990567455.png
1 MB, 599x1166
Conquest.
>Best music
>Best objectives and maps
>Gives a good challenge even on Normal, especially with conserving gold for master seals and shit
>Isn't a retarded open ended game like Birthright where it screams BUY REVELATIONS

It's a decent FE, with the rest being complete trash.
>>
>>339942746
I agree with everything you said, though you're shitting me with that last bit. Conquest's ending makes absolutely no fucking sense without playing Revelations. Conquest (and honestly, Fates as a whole) has pretty atrocious writing. The characters are mostly fine, but the actual plot for 2/3 Fates games are garbage.

Birthright's plot's okay though. Boring and generic, but nothing really jumps out as wrong with it.
>>
7>6>8>11>12>4 (bookofholsety translation)>9>10>Awakening>Fates (Birthright, conquest, revelations)
Do your homework lad
>>
File: 1454465994682.png (30 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1454465994682.png
30 KB, 640x400
>mfw I got the limited edition today
>mfw I dont even like FE that much
>>
>>339940574
New game is better, but has references to Awakening so you might want to play it first.
>>
Conquest is all you need.
>>
I personally liked Awakening more than Fates.
>>
>>339940574
Conquest has the best gameplay by far. You don't need to play Awakening since all it has is 3 characters recurring and the reason they're even there is locked behind DLC.

Also those 3 characters arent important to the main story.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.