[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks to Microshit master jewery, I'm about to main Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Tux.png (12 KB, 265x314) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
12 KB, 265x314
Thanks to Microshit master jewery, I'm about to main Linux and use Windows exclusively to play vidya.

Should I dual boot Windows or run it in a Virtual Machine from Linux? Which one will give me better performance?

Can I keep Linux on one monitor and Virtual Machine in an other without much performance loss?
>>
>I will use the superior OS, Linux!
>...but I still need to have windows installed to do everything I want
linuxcucks, everyone
>>
Install linux.
Spend hours trying to get Nvidia drivers to work.
Cry in a corner.
Finally ask MS for forgiveness.
>>
>>339936668
It's a little advanced for someone of your limited knowledge, but look up KVM and qemu. It allows for near native windows performance on a Linux host. You'll need a second GPU to be dedicated to the windows machine though
>>
>>339936668
Linux itself is solid, but everything on top is still buggy as fuck, even the so-called "beginner" distros and DEs.

If it took you this long to make the switch, you'd be better off on Windows. If you don't care mind the shitton of bugs, go for it.
>>
>>339938354
what's the best beginner distro?
>>
>>339938525
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
>>
>>339938525
Either vanilla Ubuntu or Linux Mint
>>
>>339936668
Dual boot. If you try Windows in a VM, you're going to find yourself disappointed more often than not. Some things work well, others don't work at all.
If you want to go the VM route, install a Linux VM on your Windows disk. Use the VM for your daily stuff, and bare-metal Windows for your videogames. Best of both worlds.
>>
>use WIndows exclusively to play vidya

Why switch at all then?
>>
>>339936668
>use *Linux for general internet dickery
>it STILL finds ways to break
yeah
nah
>>
>>339939072
Did you file a bug report?
>>
you'll be crawling back to windows 10 when you find out that your phone, printer, and GPU drivers don't work and that you have to look up every command on stackoverflow to do anything
>>
>>339939237
>Not fixing it and submitting a patch
>>
>>339939265
>10
Nice try, MS.
>>
>>339939265
>Not learning how to use command lines
>Not using your computer like what hollywood imagines l33t h4xxors do
Green on Black or go home n008z
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.