[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so utterly, completely, absolutery right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: NWN2.jpg (28 KB, 671x252) Image search: [Google]
NWN2.jpg
28 KB, 671x252
What went so utterly, completely, absolutery right?
>>
expansions
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-12-18 13-01-38-46.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-12-18 13-01-38-46.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>339936664
>you will never romance best girl
>>
>>339936431
I love the NWN games, really wish we got a 3 instead of that shit FTP garbage that is only NWN by name.
>>
>>339936431
I guess they got the custom modules right even though it's harder to use. The quality of this game makes way more sense now that Feargus said Atari only partially funded the game and Obsidian almost went under.
>>
File: nwn2main 2014-07-11 15-12-30-93.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nwn2main 2014-07-11 15-12-30-93.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>339937029
NWN was raped twice in fact.
First by that online game, and then by the watered down as fuck Sword Coast Chronicles which actually marketed itself as a NWN successor.
Truth be told SCS main campaign and expansion aren't really bad, they work as standard DND adventures. The fact is the game doesn't even have a tenth of NWN customization and power and now that the company went under it will forever remain as that
>>
>>339937102
>Atari only partially funded the game
they had also money from a German investment fund iirc
>>
NWN1 Class Tier List

>God Tier:
Druid

>Top Tier:
Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Shifter

>High Tier:
Champion of Torm, Black Guard, Bard, Weapon Master

>Mid Tier:
Paladin, Harper Scout, Fighter, Red Dragon Disciple, Dwarven Defender

>Low Tier:
Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Pale Master, Arcane Archer, Shadow Dancer

>Trash Tier
Barbarian, Assassin, Purple Dragon Knight
>>
>>339938325
They had to put 1 million themselves into the game.
>>
>>339938624
I really can't see a purpose of assassin, it's literally downgrade of rogue.
Is this class better in tabletop?
>>
>>339939193
Yes, as they get a full spellbook with caster levels so they basically get to be bastard casters like paladins or rangers but with sneak dice progression and some rogue skills
>>
>>339936431
Pretty much everything. I know MotB gets the attention, usually, but outside of some flaws I like the OC, and Storm of Zehir is absolutely my favorite NWN2 entry.
>>
>>339938624

Sorcerer all day erry day, personally, but with the note that I really wish Air Savants were a thing, and that NWN and NWN2 had mechanics to support their mobility options.
>>
>>339940558
I find sorcerer and wizard so boring in NWN games though.
Mostly because it takes ages for them to actually get good, the damage always gets outclassed by a cleric or fighter or even rogue, I dislike excessive resting so they are mostly played as buffbots, have worse aoe spells than clerics and druids.
Honestly I can only stomach arcanes with kaedrin prc for the reserve feats that actually let you feel like a caster without having to rest every encounter
>>
no bioware
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.