[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they get so much praise when only Kamiya's games are good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11
File: platinum games logo.jpg (15 KB, 354x134) Image search: [Google]
platinum games logo.jpg
15 KB, 354x134
Why do they get so much praise when only Kamiya's games are good?
>>
MGR is pretty good, though
>>
>>339928623
Inafune was better, but not at running a company.
>>
>>339928623
They are overrated, especially on this board. For every great game, they make a mediocre one.
>>
File: starfox zero.jpg (460 KB, 1024x1458) Image search: [Google]
starfox zero.jpg
460 KB, 1024x1458
>>339928801
A REALLY mediocre one.
>>
>>339928801
They've made 4 dogshit games in a row
>>
It's the RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>339928623
They're not self-published, which means any games they made are at the requirements of their publishers. Some retards think they have 100% complete control over every project they touch.

Like this retard >>339928874
>>
File: platinum.png (36 KB, 479x527) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
36 KB, 479x527
>>339928896
I'm not counting 4
>>
Only problematic stuff is that Korra/TMNT director. Others are at least good, and in some rare cases, great.
>>
>>339929026
I didn't say they had 100% control, either way they still were the developers for the game and fucked up pretty much every single aspect. Don't even try to pretend like they aren't at fault, the forced wii u controls are the least of that game's problems.
>>
>>339929054
Damn 5 in a row.
>>
>>339929054
>4 good games and 1 literaly copypaste with mild combat improvements that make it way easier (Bayo 2)
Damn, they're worse than I thought.
>>
>>339929118
TMNT is not bad. It's just middling. Korra should just have been $10 instead of $15.
>>
>>339928801
well as long as they still do great games

better than devs that just keep pouring out mediocre games, no?

just ignore the franchise cash-in games
>>
>>339929227
Found the sony cuck
>>
>>339929264
Trying too hard.
>>
That transformers game was the shit. My dick was diamonds during the blitzwing fight
>>
>>339929118
As long as that director stays at small licensed project I don't mind, they make more money for Scalebound
>>
>>339929143
The game was well developed within the confines of what Nintendo wanted out of the game. Don't pretend Nintendo wasn't in charge of the design decisions.
>>
>>339929054
>Korra
>Transformers
>Star fox zero
>TMNT
Is what I'm talking about, guard wasn't even worth mentioning, make it 5 dogshit games in a row.
>>
>>339929143
Holy shit you're still acting like a retard. Get out summer fag.
>>
>>339929227
But Bayo 2 has
>vastly improved animations
>Far better graphics
>New locations
>New enemies and bosses
>a co-op mode for some mini sections
>new costumes
>new music
>new story
How is it copy paste in any way other than being set in the same universe?
>>
File: 1460092242815.jpg (209 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1460092242815.jpg
209 KB, 500x706
They will have many love threads when nier comes out sonytards are just upset they haven't got an exclusive yet
>>
>>339929409

Yeah, this. I don't see what's so bad when the licensed shit is funding the larger projects.
>>
File: moot summer.jpg (105 KB, 960x886) Image search: [Google]
moot summer.jpg
105 KB, 960x886
>>339929439
>The game was well developed within the confines of what Nintendo wanted out of the game.
What a cheap excuse, might as well not credit PG at all since by your logic it was all Nintendo. I guess Nintendo is responsible for W101 then? Zero credit for Kamiya and company.

PG developed the game, guidelines don't restrict you to making a game total dogshit in every single aspect besides maybe the music. Hell as far as I know the only ''guideline'' they told them was one that didn't even make it into the final game: ability to access any map at any time.
>>339929472
>summer fag
Trying to fit in by spouting what the cool kids you've seen say?
>>
>>339929449
Guard was good though. Just not memorable
>>
>>339929680
>muh Nintendo dindu nuffin
>>
File: 148.jpg (38 KB, 680x593) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
38 KB, 680x593
>>339929680
W101 was pore Pgames

Star fox is nintendo with Pgames literally just helping
>>
>>339929449
Wait, why did you think transformers was bad? I thought it was great.

But, I was also a transformer fan so came in biased.

I'm honestly curious as to why it was seen as bad?

I loved the music and the story was right out of a sat am cartoon
>>
>>339929479
>vastly improved animations
>Far better graphics
>New locations
>New enemies and bosses
>a co-op mode for some mini sections
>new costumes
>new music
Hey look, it's NSMBU!

Come on dude, anyone with a brain noticed how extremely samey Bayo 2 was to the first, even with flipped locations, especially thanks to the fact that it came bundled with the first game. You can barely say anything noticeable about the gameplay that wasn't already in the first.
>>
>>339929565
>That picture.

You know, I think Spiderman by Platinum is likely. The turtles all have a wall crawling animation, when they scale up buildings and Activision owns the license, and the Bayonetta 2 director said he wanted to make a game.

https://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-2-director-would-like-to-make-a-spider-gwen-game-289023.phtml

>Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto, daydreaming on Twitter, expressed interest in making some kind of Spider-Man, or "Spider-Verse," game.

>"If I had to work with an existing IP," Hashimoto said, "I'd want to make a game in the Spider-Verse. Especially a Spider-Gwen game."

Also I don't get why people go so hard on their licensed games. Licensed games aren't inherently bad. And they were never meant to be on the same level as their personal projects.
>>
>>339929565
Pretty much this. Nier Automata will suddently become the best game ever made by Platinum and something to bring up in console wars forever.
>>
>>339929759
Do you have proof or not
>>
>>339929797
It has more new stuff in it than a game like Uncharted 4.
>>
>>339929768
I think it's the 'best' of the ones I listed, It wasn't totally unredeemable, but it sure as hell wasn't worth its price tag. It has the same problems as Korra, in that there isn't any real difficulty to speak of and the AI isn't any fun to fight. Korra was at least a budget game.
>>
>>339929808
>spider gwen
I look to look at a pair of tits and a smokin ass on screen because I'm a monster, but is Spider Gwen alright? Never read the comics
>>
File: w101 prototype.png (356 KB, 788x389) Image search: [Google]
w101 prototype.png
356 KB, 788x389
>>339929750
>muh Platinum dindu nuffin
I never said Nintendo aren't to blame you monkey, I said PG is a mediocre dev for churning that turd and many other games that aren't Kamiya's + MGR. How come the publisher excuse doesn't come up when the game is good?
>>339929759
Bullshit, read the Iwata Asks, they controlled everything, hell they reworked the WHOLE game's style and Kamiya threw a tantrum about it to Inaba. Pic related how it used to look like.
>>
>>339929941
I can understand that then. Valid points
>>
>>339929972
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Gwendolyne_Stacy_%28Earth-65%29

Decide for yourself.
>>
>>339929912
check the wikipedia page for both games
>>
>>339929825
>>339929565
This is why I really hate sonyggers, you can see this coming a mile away.
I'm sure it'll be good, but I'm honestly just expecting a MGR quality game. Which, while good, doesn't reach the heights of their Kamiya games or Vanquish. But it'll be praised as if it's the second coming of christ because it's an exclusive for sonyggers.
It's not just sonyggers either though, same thing happens with PC users, which is why MGR is so praised in the first place.
>>
>>339930057
cool it looks like viewtiful joe

probrably would have sold more this way too
>>
>>339930136
Not them but your problem isn't with the games, but the praise they get.

I mean that's totally understandable. I recognize the games I like aren't going to be liked by everyone (Transformers, TMNT, etc) and acknowledge their flaws, but still see them as competent and solid.
>>
>>339929759
>Star fox is nintendo with Pgames literally just helping
PG were the main devs actually, including the director, Yusuke Hashimoto.
>>
>>339930057
>>339930154
The final style is better, it gives it a Saturday Morning Cartoon + Super Sentai style.
And please, even in the Iwata Asks they talk about how Platinum wanted the style change and was happy with it not being a Smash Bros style action game.
>>
>>339930320
>and was happy with it
Kamiya threw a tantrum about the style change. He admits that he ''cried to Inaba like a child''.
>>
It's just people talking in hyperbole, it happens with fucking everything on this board and not just P*. Pretty sure it's always been generally agreed that the company's output has been hit-or-miss, even back when Sega was financing/publishing their stuff.
>>
>>339929768
Most people were angry that its length was so short and that it wasn't as good as MGR to justify that, even with replayability.
>>
>>339930405
INITIALLY he was upset about changing the style, but he and everyone else at Platinum was happy how it turned out.
Kamiya was also the only one that wanted so much dark shading everywhere originally.

Objectively it's also a more fitting style for the themes of the game too. TW101 is a super sentai, so it's more appropriate for it to have a super sentai look to it than a comic book look it was going to have.
>>
File: 20160527220701.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160527220701.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>339930989
>INITIALLY he was upset about changing the style
He hid his feelings until Inaba called him out and made him admit how he disliked it so much he threw a tantrum. He never said he liked it afterwards.
>TW101 is a super sentai,
How do you know it'd have the same tone too? Hell the whole reason the style was changed was because Nintendo thought the game at that point was too dark and serious and wanted it to be more light hearted, you don't do that by simply amping up the color hue.
>>
>>339931153
>He hid his feelings until Inaba called him out and made him admit how he disliked it so much he threw a tantrum. He never said he liked it afterwards.
He obviously did given he was the one who redesigned it.
>How do you know it'd have the same tone too? Hell the whole reason the style was changed was because Nintendo thought the game at that point was too dark and serious and wanted it to be more light hearted, you don't do that by simply amping up the color hue.
Because it was ALWAYS a super sentai game you retard. It was originally called "Wonderful 100". And the current game is dark and serious as well, but with lots of lighthearted moments and comedy to brighten it up.

TW100 style was too similar to VJ. TW101 style is unique and original.
>>
tw101 was shit and bayo 2 was far superior to the first one

kamiya's a hack
>>
>>339931378
>tw101 was shit
Your opinion is objectively shit.
>>
>>339931353
>He obviously did given he was the one who redesigned it.
First of all redesigning something because your boss tells you to doesn't mean you like it, second we don't know if he even did it himself or even if he did, if Nintendo wasn't breathing down his neck at every stroke.
>Because it was ALWAYS a super sentai game you retard.
With a darker, more serious tone, not just artstyle.
> And the current game is dark and serious as well,
Oh fuck off, it's as serious as an average children's cartoon, yes those have deaths too here and there.
>>
File: 20160530205917.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160530205917.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339931353
>Because it was ALWAYS a super sentai game you retard. It was originally called "Wonderful 100". And the current game is dark and serious as well, but with lots of lighthearted moments and comedy to brighten it up.
Wasn't it originally some Mario characters collaboration idea?
>>
>>339931532
>First of all redesigning something because your boss tells you to doesn't mean you like it, second we don't know if he even did it himself or even if he did, if Nintendo wasn't breathing down his neck at every stroke.
He has made many twitter posts saying that Nintendo gave him a lot more freedom than Sega, and that he enjoyed working with them and would do it again.

>With a darker, more serious tone, not just artstyle.
And, again, the current style fits both but is geared towards a super sentai look. The original look has nothing to do with super sentai, it looks comic bookish.
>Oh fuck off, it's as serious as an average children's cartoon, yes those have deaths too here and there.
It has themes of PTSD, loss of family, and the long term consequences of imperialistic expansionism. Did you play it?

>>339931707
Yea but that was essentially a different game entirely.
>>
File: 20160527225209.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160527225209.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
Vanquish wasn't a kamiya game.
>>
>>339931812
>Yea but that was essentially a different game entirely.
Not the same anon but that's just moving the goalpost, it wasn't ALWAYS a super sentai game
>>
>>339931812
>He has made many twitter posts saying that Nintendo gave him a lot more freedom than Sega,
That doesn't mean shit considering we read the Iwata Asks and it says that a) they controlled and had to approve everything and b) they reworked things to the point of making Kamiya cry. Also way to ignore what I said and going on about some twitter statement as if that's a counter argument. You know what else Kamiya's said on Twitter? That Bayo 2 would run at a buttery smooth 60fps, hilarious.
>And, again, the current style fits both but is geared towards a super sentai look.
It doesn't fit both considering Nintendo told them to scrap it and make it more light hearted, not just the artstyle.
>The original look has nothing to do with super sentai
Meaning the tone was different, darker and _MORE_ serious.
>It has themes of PTSD, loss of family, and the long term consequences of imperialistic expansionism.
This doesn't fit in a children's cartoon because? You think that's deep or something?
>>
>>339929920
who's talking about uncharted 4?It is not even related to the subject. A comparison with god of War would have been way more fitting.
>>
>>339932189
God of War is like the bottom of the barrel in terms of hack'n slash games' complexity though.
>>
>>339932140
>That doesn't mean shit considering we read the Iwata Asks and it says that a) they controlled and had to approve everything and b) they reworked things to the point of making Kamiya cry. Also way to ignore what I said and going on about some twitter statement as if that's a counter argument. You know what else Kamiya's said on Twitter? That Bayo 2 would run at a buttery smooth 60fps, hilarious.
Oh please, Kamiya throws temper tantrums on twitter over people not using the twitter search function and you think it's hard to make him go into a tantrum? And it is never said he almost cried, he said he complained like a child. He said that himself, not someone else.
>It doesn't fit both considering Nintendo told them to scrap it and make it more light hearted, not just the artstyle.
It does fit though. The current style and themes are all very super sentai while being unique. Kamiya himself complimented it as "both pop and realistic at the same time"
>Meaning the tone was different, darker and _MORE_ serious
Prove it
>This doesn't fit in a children's cartoon because? You think that's deep or something?
No, not deep, but plenty dark and serious.

Why are you so butthurt about the game style getting better? The game was got was one of the best Platinum has put out. Regardless of where you put it on Clover's pedigree, it's easily ranked 1, 2, or 3 for Platinum's.
>>
>>339932481
>Oh please, Kamiya throws temper tantrums on twitter over people not using the twitter search function and you think it's hard to make him go into a tantrum?
That's not even remotely close. I can type in all caps and have the most stoic face of all. When your boss tells you that you threw a tantrum and then you admit that you whined like a child, that's different.

Nice job ignoring the rest of the point again, I take it you've admitted I was right then?
>It does fit though
No it doesn't, again, they told them to rework the whole game since it was too dark, not just the artstyle.
>Prove it
In the Iwata Asks it says that they reworked the game because it was too dark and serious, you don't get that out of something as simple as an artstyle that happens to have duller colors.
>No, not deep, but plenty dark and serious.
Nothing special.
>Why are you so butthurt about the game style getting better?
I have never even stated my opinions about the styles, what posts are you reading? Starting to involve emotional investment here? The main point (Nintendo controlling everything about W101) has been decided a long time ago so I don't even know why I'm still arguing about side things that don't even matter.
>>
>>339929565
>>339929825
>>339930136
>This much hate for sony

Holly shit, are you niggas alright? This is a new level of autismo right here. Platinum hasn't released a good game is 2 fucking years with 5 fucking blunders in a row, Even if Nier and Scalebound turn out to be good platinum will get the retarded amounts of praise as much they had when they did the bayoneta 2 stunt.

You niggas need to chill out.
>>
>>339933132
The hell do you care about a fanbase getting mocked?
>>
>>339932938
>Nice job ignoring the rest of the point again, I take it you've admitted I was right then?
I ignored it because you dismissed my statement. You said "well he said this here... and that there doesn't count". As if what he said on Iwata asks has more merit on his personal opinion than what he says on Twitter, which is retarded.

>No it doesn't, again, they told them to rework the whole game since it was too dark, not just the artstyle.
And, again, it does fit. The styles, themes, and art all fits in the current game.
>In the Iwata Asks it says that they reworked the game because it was too dark and serious, you don't get that out of something as simple as an artstyle that happens to have duller colors

Unite morph was literally inspired by children's books in the first place though you tard. Also, there is ZERO indication the story was changed. If anything, the core of the game was the same as what we got
>That's true. As we mentioned earlier, the foundation of the game, which used Unite Morph wasn't changed much from the very beginning. The player is bringing an army of many superheroes with him or her and can use Unite Morph to transform the army into one large character and use its function to solve problems on the map. There are all kinds of Unite Morphs, so you decide how to solve each problem as you play. You can use and select all sorts of different weapons.

>Nothing special
Still dark and serious

>Nintendo controlling everything about W101
It was Platinum's decision not to go with the Nintendo characters.
It was Platinum's decision how the style ended up.
Platinum 100% decided on the gameplay and story
etc.
>>
>>339928874
they didnt even make that, just the assets
miyamoto was responsible for that one
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.