[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomb Raider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1465036136381.webm (1 MB, 928x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465036136381.webm
1 MB, 928x1080
I got Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3, Revelations and Chronicles.

Any essential mods for those?

Also, say you're given budget to create a spiritual sequel to TR. Plot? Setting? Protag? Mechanics?
>>
No mods.
They all have expansions, ranging from 1~4 extra missions, but that's it.
>>
>>339927575
Did you see this, looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9znAXvf1i4w&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>339927498
You forgot Angel of Darkness. That's the last one in the original series.

Anyhow TR1 make sure it's the Gold/Unfinished Business version which comes with extra levels.
For TR2 you want Gold/Golden Mask version which again has extra levels.
For TR3 make sure to also get Tomb Raider III: The Lost Artefact, extra levels though this time they were a standalone package.
For TR4 (Revelation) you want The Times exclusive extra level.
Chronicles doesn't have anything.
And for Angel of Darkness you want this:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=204371

Anyhow why would you play the originals? They're genuinely pretty fucking shitty and even the original devs literally actively tried to sabotage the series after 2nd game since they fucking hated it. They even killed of Lara deliberately in 4 but the publisher kept forcing them to make more shit.

The only Tomb Raider games worth playing are the 1st reboot trilogy, also known as Legend Trilogy.
>>
>>339927498
>Tomb Raider
>mods
>>
>>339928107
>playing any TR after the first four

genuinely terrible taste
>>
>>339928558
>liking garbage controls
Kill yourself fampai

http://i.imgur.com/Q3GFCOl.gif
>>
Don't play revelations or chronicles.
>>
>>339928617
>m-muh controls

literally git gud faggot
>>
>>339928558
>not including TR3 as an exception
genuinely garbage taste
>>
>>339928793
Tank controls in a platformer are a sin against all of mankind, kill yourself.
Even the fucking original devs hated your beloved game, they literally tried to actively sabotage it multiple times and went on record to say so.
>>
File: FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg (10 KB, 300x391) Image search: [Google]
FG3ACB1HJ6010K4.MEDIUM.jpg
10 KB, 300x391
>>339928107
For Angel of darkness you'll want pic related.
>>
>>339928850
they aren't even that bad and they work with the game, once again you just suck at it
>>
>>339928617
>save crystal
that's your own damned fault
>>
>>339927498
who is this spunk monk?
>>
>>339928848
3 was good tho
harder but good
>>
>>339927498
No she's way too cute to be a believable Sarah Connor.
What were they thinking ?
>>
>>339928850
and that's why eidos is now owned by gooks
because like you, they're retards
>>
>>339929041
objectively wrong, its poor design is obvious as fuck

>allows you to choose levels
>one of them includes a prison level that strips you of everything but a single medpack, and you can't get anything back, ever
>someone thought this was a good idea even though TR2's prison level takes every weapon away but lets you keep ammo
>>
>>339928107
>original trilogy
>shitty

No.
>>
>>339929374
yeah ok, that's a valid complaint, especially if you chose nevada as your last destination
still didn't ruin the game for me
I do prefer 2 and 4 because they don't have save crystals
but 1 and 3 are also good
>>
File: cheese.png (30 KB, 130x230) Image search: [Google]
cheese.png
30 KB, 130x230
Friendly reminder:
TR1 > TR2 > TR4 = Anniversary > Legend > TR5 > Underworld > fucking around with TR4's level editor while you have no idea what you're doing > TR3 >>>>> slamming your head against a wall > the gameboy games >>>>> eating shit > AoD >>>> power gap >>> any TR post 2013
>>
>>339927498
Can you faggots stop talking about irrelevant shit and tell me who this is? No way is it MOTHER OF DRAGONS, she is way too cute to be her.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.