[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your excuse for shilling this nigger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ifkpo3gkrpob.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ifkpo3gkrpob.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
What's your excuse for shilling this nigger?
>>
this guy lied to many ppl
>>
>>339915892
>>339916370
>Posters: 1
Stop samefagging your bad thread, OP.
>>
>>339917410
no but it's true, he said fable would be good, but look where it got us
>>
File: bullfrog_productions_logo.png (16 KB, 187x318) Image search: [Google]
bullfrog_productions_logo.png
16 KB, 187x318
>>339915892
he worked at Bullfrog
>>
>>339917886
Yeah but the guy has been a massive douche post DK1 etc, he hasn't done anything good
>>
Ideas guy without a competent team
>>
>>339919237
What if he had carmack?
>>
>>339919237
other way around.
The guy would make up shit announce completely new features during interviews that the dev team had never even heard of before.
>>
>>339919451
A good team will make that shit happen
>>
>>339919567
nice bait
>>
>>339919831
Nice samefag
>>
>>339915892
I never shilled him. All of his games but two were absolute garbage because he doesn't know shit about actually making games, is a pathological liar and doesn't know when to stop talking.
>>
He's a good man
>>
>>339915892
All of Molyneux's vices have been hypercharged with the trendy new crowd-funding financial model. All of the dumb shit he pulls has 10x the negative effect due to it relying on people's donations and good will to progress, and you can't get crowd funding unless the crowd trusts you.
Overall, Molyneux and Schafer are two beloved game creators who really struggle to understand how the crowd funding model works, and they both struggle with it. They don't realize that they now have public accountability for their budget and tighter obligations to stay within time constraints. I don't think they're scamming people intentionally (like Inafune did), but it's hard not to notice how utterly stupid they're being (especially Schafer, releasing kickstarter project after kickstarter project, then cancelling each mid-development).

I think kickstarter for big companies will be slowly dying after these 3 fucked it up. good
>>
>>339920647
>Double Fine will never make Psychonauts 2 using Notch's money
Sadness
>>
>>339915892
I don't, I fucking hate that nigger.
>>
>>339915892
Not an argument
>>
>>339920761
at this point, i think Tim's stuck up so far his own ass and too busy sucking up to SJW industry freshmen that he would completely fuck it up
>>
>>339920647

In my opinion kickstarter and similar platforms should be reserved for truly independent creators who don't have connections and are trying to break into the public's eye.

People like Schafer and especially Molyneux are well known, have connections, and have subsequently burned all bridges because they can't deliver and more importantly can't deliver on the budget they set.

They had their time, if they had a truly great idea and the zeal behind it they could find funding with a major company, but the truth is that they can't, so they're appealing to fans of their past works to fund their little pet projects that professionals have already deemed a waste of money and time.

Truthfully though I consider most all of kickstarter and similar companies a scam, they're almost purposefully built for people who are really great at selling an idea, but there's ultimately no accountability for the delivery of a product.

But if people want to waste their money on people who have no experience in certain businesses, who grossly underestimate costs and feasibility, that's on them.
>>
>>339921278
War for the Overworld was actually pretty good kickstarter project... though it came like 2-3 years late
>>
>>339921278
That's 100% correct. I think Molyneux genuinely wants to make good games but is held back by his idiocy and overambition, but Tim is just coasting on nostalgia dollar and stealing most of the kickstarter money for himself.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.