[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch is TF2 and I already know its been said before on here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Widowmaker_Over_the_Shoulder.jpg (59 KB, 552x727) Image search: [Google]
Widowmaker_Over_the_Shoulder.jpg
59 KB, 552x727
>Medics
>PAYLOAD GAMETYPE
>Class based fps objective gameplay
>sniper class is the exact same TF2 sniper, except she has a grap hook
>medic heal animation is the EXACT FUCKING SAME

I can go on and on but I literally have only owned this game for 8 hours and this is what I see, Blizzard steals a once amazing game concept and puts their own graphic over it, and changes minor details, what the fuck, this pisses me off, I like the game, but seriously it pisses me off. its greed masked by innovation. fuck it though, it's fun I guess, and im glad the original concepts of TF2 aren't collecting dust anymore, at least for a little while.
>>
>tf2 invented medics
>>
>>339909794
like i was implying that
>>
File: 1465022957643.png (27 KB, 335x341) Image search: [Google]
1465022957643.png
27 KB, 335x341
>>339909874
Not him but
>>Medics

What exactly were you implying then?
>>
>>339910458
i was stating that the medic class in overwatch plays and actually has the almost exact healing animation of that in TF2. you would know this had you played both.
>>
>>339909727
I honestly don't understand why some people complain about it being so much like TF2 (I know /you/ aren't, OP.)
If a formula works and isn't copyrighted everyone should be happy there are people out there building upon it.
>>
>>339910806
i am op, i am not mad, i am somewhat glad that tf2's mechanics are being adopted but for some reason at the same time, I feel like it's wrong. the game is almost an exact copy in terms of mechanics and gameplay, the only difference being aesthetic. I LIKE IT BUT IT FEELS WRONG COMING FROM 2 YEARS OF TF2
>>
>>339909727
TF2 wasn't so great either for those of us who played TFC or TF. It was iust a casualized meme game. What's really sad is that no one even remembers all the delays in TF2's development; what could have taken a year to develop took them six or seven years at least. It was completely pathetic. The game loterally got popular because the people who were waiting for it from the day it was announced already lost interest by the time it was released, and therefore did not comment on how shitty it was.
>>
File: 1464491539520.jpg (259 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
1464491539520.jpg
259 KB, 575x575
>>339910806
This. Like its making the game less fun
>>
>>339911132
not everything is a great idea or concept from the start, but what sucks is that overwatch waits for the 6 years of flaws to take note of game mechanics and create their own masked version. its similar to how lol came from dota I guess.
>>
>>339910806
This, honestly. TF2 has been garbage for years now; I would've thought people'd be happy that replacement's come around.
>>
>>339910636
this, tf2 was fun while it lasted but its glory days are over. I loved tf2 so its nice to play something similar, yet different and new
>>
>>339911492like i mentioned before I believe, I am happy, but it feels wrong in a sense. i love the game but seriously they took TF2, created their own story, characters, skins, and aesthetic, and improved on the flaws. if I were tf2 I would feel so fucked over.
>>
>>339909727
My gripe about the game is the damn overtime. I don't know how many games I lost at 99% just because of it. Does TF2 have something like that?
>>
i will lol if in 5 yeats overwatch is f2p with hats
>>
You've only just realized all Blizzard does is to make streamlined knock-offs of popular games?
>>
>>339912102
eh i guess. i also just noticed the dota knock off today as well.
>>
>>339912525
You do know that dota was a warcraft 3 thing right?

Blizzard was doing nothing with dota, Valve saw the opportunity and remade it.

Valve was doing nothing with TFW, Blizzard saw the opportunity and remade it.
>>
>>339909727
I have never played TF2 but love Overwatch, almost 40h in now.

I must say that I love the polish graphics and nice visuals of the game and general, which grabbed my attention compared to TF.
>>
>>339909727
Y u mad tho?
>>
>>339913492
>polish graphics
polished* or aesthetics. Anyways, kind of wish I played TF2 back in the day but its fine anyways, its fun.
>>
>>339913251
it was a WC3 mod but it wasnt made by blizzard, they tried buying IceFrog after LoL started to gain speed
>>
>>339914270
Clearly they did not try enough if even S2 could get him in.
>>
>>339909727
>it's exactly the same!
>except for these differences that you shouldn't pay attention to!

I'm getting mixed messages here OP
>>
>Medic is the same

Never knew medic could fucking fly arround and launch himself at full speed towards an ally player that's on sight.

>Sniper is the same except she isn't as Sniper never could use his sniper life as an smg nor had the very hook I'm mentioning nor infravision.

Totally the same game, valvedrone.
>>
>the 2nd FPS in history to implement CTF was a copycat
>the 2nd FPS in history to implement territory control was a copycat
>the 2nd FPS in history to implement payload is a copycat
>>
>IT'S THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE DIFFERENCES

no shit
>>
>>339909727

Serves Valve right for copying Blizzard characters in Dota 2.
>>
>>339914776
Quick fix says hi :3
>>
sperg
>>
>>339914776
>these small and insignificant differences make it not a TF2 clone
>PLEASE BELIEB ME

blizzdrones have arrived i see
>>
File: JUST.jpg (216 KB, 647x955) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
216 KB, 647x955
>>339909727
>Medics

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>339911032
>2 YEARS OF TF2
>2 years
Lmao. Try eight, baby.
Overwatch is fun and I'm glad my friends can hop back on a TF2 like game and have a similar, if different experience like we did in high school.
>>
>>339917383

>Have you played counter strike? That had a sniper rifle so technically tf2 copied counter strike.

this is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>339909727
>only 6v6 matches

fucking dropped
>>
>>339909727

>overwatch is tf2

I'm pretty a week after tf2 came out the community had made more maps for everyone to play instead of waiting for the devs to get off their asses.
>>
>>339912009
if they havent made Diablo 3 free, they wont make overwatch free
>>
>>339909727
>Blizzard stealing ideas from other games

Breaking News
>>
I wish there were more game modes instead of just the two. We've already played payload and checkpoints to death in other games. It's just stale now.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.