[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrong time for this thread but fuck it. >That soundtrack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11
File: download (13).jpg (13 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
13 KB, 191x264
Wrong time for this thread but fuck it.

>That soundtrack
>The mission length
>The ending

I enjoyed the fuck out of this game but damn the ending feels rushed, was there cuts?

Poor Sev didn't deserve that.
>>
Shameless bump because I need to know more about these troops and the process behind this game.
>>
>>339909591
There is a book series. The badass mofo you play as actually are pretty cool guys and other troopers dislike that we brother have been together since birth. Look up republic commando, book two we save the main clones.
>>
It's a shallow corridor shooter with a bunch of AI partners that do jack all unless they are required for a puzzle room (or in better terms, they remember shooting only if you place them in certain places), the guns are terrible in full compliance of the SW canon, and the enemy encounters are really boring. Good riddance.
>>
File: 1463777223539.jpg (29 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1463777223539.jpg
29 KB, 480x454
>>339910494
Good try budd, not bothered at all.
>>
One of the best SW games out there and at the time it blew my fucking goddam mind, a game where I play as a clone trooper finally.

I loved that they gave us this instead of more fancy lighsabery action games, I know that the SWTCW showed off a bit of republic commandos in one episode, they had such good reaction they added them in to another one I think basicly making them canon in the new universe.
>>
>>339910941
I didn't hear about this game til recently surprising since I played the fuck out of Battlefront 1&2 but not Republic Commando.

How was the marketing for these games? I played Battlefront 2 from the ROTS bonus disc and Battlefront 1 at a friends house.

I barely recall seeing ads on t.v. only reason I ask.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>339910494
Althought I do agree with the corridor shooter syndrome and the shit AI that you just have to be telling them what to do,not to mention the bullet sponge enemies all of this adding to the list.

The main selling point of this game for me atleast was the fact that I got to play as a fucking goddamn trooper and was prety great.

I guess if you arent that bothered by those other aspects of the game it can be pretty good as a shooter game you can play once in a while to get the pew pew feel out of youre system, altought since I completed this game way back in the day I have yet to replay and complete it, I tend to just isntall it, play one or two chapters, shoot stuff and get bored with it.

Still I love everything thats come out of it lorewise, even if it seems to fuck shit up its still pretty cool to have the commandos around.
>>
>>339911423
The enemies are bullet sponges but it's still a damn good time imo idk when I'll replay it.

Think when episode 8 comes out I'll just binge on star wars just hope 8 isn't such a fucking blatant rehash, I still enjoyed 7 but regretted not seeing Hateful8.

I'm not optimistic for Rogue One...
>>
>>339911396
Honestly I only ever saw video game commercials on television at night and it was during commercial brakes for RAW or WCW and it was just glimpses of the game. Only reason I re-found this game was coming here on /v/.
>>
>>339911423
Some of the mission layouts make no sense at all

The fucking droid factory
> almost a completely linear path
> way deep under ground
> not really , just walk to open hanger that's mabey only 100ft underground
>>
>>339912165
Same one of the few times I respected /v/'s opinion.
>>
>>339912000
Many people are being optimistic about episode 8 simply because Its a rehash of empire. Still Im not getting any hopes up, 7 was ok but I didnt pay to go see a condensed remake of episode 4 FUCK YOU J.J.
>>
>>339909591
SUPER BATTLE DROID INCOMING
>>
>>339912198
Yes I did feel it was a pain in the ass in those parts where it seemed as if they didnt give a shit and just spew out a map. I do enjoying shooting lasers and it reminds me of swat 4 with the whole tactical team command thing. But yes it is not without its horrible downsides.
>>
>>339912494
FUCK SBDs
>>
File: GregorInAction.png (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
GregorInAction.png
2 MB, 1920x816
>>339909591
GET SOME VECTA COMMANDO
>>
>>339909591
Probably the best original soundtrack that didn't merely feel content to rely on John Williams's score. Hell, sound design overall is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rzM6WNhS78
>>
>>339912441
Honestly I thought 7 was more of 4&5 combined the reveal of kylo that really wasn't shocking/death and everything else was just 4.

I don't mind rehash of 5 but hope it does more if it's own thing, I want snoke to jump in a tiny backpack and ride kylo most of all.
>>
>>339912726
>VECTA
It's Bacta
>>
stop it /v/, i dont want to reinstall
>>
>>339911423
>and the shit AI that you just have to be telling them what to do

Well, yes. Controlling your team mates is kind of a big element in the game, just like in Brothers in Arms. Game also benefits from AI that just works because it's simple "point to A, character goes to A and does his thing". It's not complex or inventive, but it works and that's what matters.
>>
File: 1464500567847.gif (264 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1464500567847.gif
264 KB, 256x192
>>339912494
FUCK ME ALMOST OUT OF AMMO.

I saved sniper just for them, I had more problems with goddamn dispensers if anything.

>Fighting dispensers
>>
>>339909591
I hope you weren't using alien guns when your duty issued gun is the shit.
>>
>>339913164
Bestblaster in the galaxy.
>>
>>339913164
Nah man only used those dirty lizard guns when out of ammo and that crossbow had punch.
>>
>>339912862
Vecta is Killzone no?
>>
>>339909591
>playing swtor
>new chapter of dlc
>all about mandos
>big battle starts
>VODE AN starts playing

damn i miss RC. i wish they made imperial commando
>>
File: YES_face.gif (239 KB, 224x198) Image search: [Google]
YES_face.gif
239 KB, 224x198
>walker droid was a mini-boss in one level previously
>another level towards the end of the game
>two of them bust put as regular enemies at the same time
>mfw your squad yells you must keep going and this starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsMRHu1GhbY
>>
>>339913090
Some weapons I had to save ammo and ended up barely using them, I liked the alium guns they were interesting. Wish they had included more weaponry hell maybe even some close quarter ones aside from your trusty knucle knife.
>>
>>339912726
I haven't watched cw in years and only watched a couple of episodes of rebels was he the crazy one or the one that called the empire?
>>
>>339913164
If I used alien weaponry I used them to save ammo on my main gun. And yea, Bowcaster is the shit along with Trandoshan minigun.
>>
>>339913406
Grenade launcher I saved for sure but sniper was free reign on sbds and trando minigunners.
>>
>>339913395
For moments like these is what the game was great in. I know it has its shit stains but the feeling it gave you to be one of the many soldiers and to fight for your life and that of youre fellow bros was and amazing feel.
>>
>>339913164
Fuck I love me moddable weapons.
>>
>>339913385
If you do some digging , an imperial commando game was in production when Disney bought Star Wars , and was canceled at the same time as 1313
I would not be surprised actually if EAfront Incorprated bits of it
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>339913439
I'm not sure, I didn't really watch many of the SWCW episodes especially not one with any commandos on them, all I've seen are some webms and some pics from /co/. I recently watched the clone one from rebels and was enjoyable I'm not sure if there will be any more apparences of the squad in the future but hope they do use them more, I mean they are canon now after all.
>>
>>339913763
Is 1313 back in production? I'll be honest when I saw Prey2 gameplay I thought a Star Wars game like that would be fun as fuck.

Lucasarts made some good shit it's sad that they went out with a wimper, much like EA did with Pandemic.

I enjoyed that lotr game by them even if it wasn't their best work.
>>
>>339914351
>Is 1313 back in production?

Apparently so, with Amy Hennig heading the writing department so at least that will be good.
>>
>>339914135
I stopped when they changed the air time and days like that Thundercats reboot I enjoyed the fuck out of.
>>
>>339914431
That's good news, I'm apprehensive since EAttlefront hope it's good.

Why couldn't they just work on it more? The heart was in the aesthetics/sound design but the gameplay is so ehh.
>>
>>339914558
I know what you mean, same reason I didnt watch any new episodes of clone wars, at that time when it was airing I was fucking tired and still asleep.
>>
>>339915007
Thundercats started on Fridays nights if I recall then it died when it went to Saturday mornings.

I have too many shows to watch/catch up on.Anybody know of streaming sites for cartoons on mobile?

My pc is dead and I wouldn't ask if not for that. Every site other than Kissanime has a pop up midway through that interrupts and can't continue.
>>
File: wookie.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wookie.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
I feel like with RC, they looked at the existing movie canon and said "fuck it, how would a clone have seen it?"

You can see it everywhere, from the Super Battle Droids becoming clanking terrifying behemoths, to the shiny slim clone armor getting the Gears of War treatment, to the classic Star Wars music being mashed up with Mandalorian war drums and battle hymns. My favorite is the Wookiees - it's the only piece of Star Wars media where they're portrayed as giant rape monsters instead of oversized furry people.

The whole style of the game is wonderful, a real testament to the creative freedom Lucasarts gave to individual projects.
>>
Was the multiplayer for Republic Commando any good? I wonder if /v/ would be down for RC Gameranger lobbies like we do with Battlefront 2 sometimes.
>>
>that every enemy being a bulletsponge
>that awful gunplay
>that awful enemy and weapon variety
Game has aged like shit.
>>
>>339916057
Thats saddly the case friend we may never know if we will get an actual good release any time soon...
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.