[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you play it /v/? Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: soma_Open.jpg (56 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
soma_Open.jpg
56 KB, 640x360
Did you play it /v/?

Is it good?
>>
yea its breddy gud. dont expect to be spooked by a skeleton popping out so much as have an existential crisis over what it means to be a living thinking being.
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11 KB, 645x773
>>339879039
>have an existential crisis over what it means to be a living thinking being
Same old then.

That's the main reason why I'm thinking about playing it.
>>
File: 1407802172410.png (89 KB, 883x990) Image search: [Google]
1407802172410.png
89 KB, 883x990
Great game, shit monster segments
The horror atmosphere was already pretty good without the monsters, the monsters just felt out of place and annoying
I just wanted to get to the next part of the story and see how Simon was retarded next

Other than that, yeah, great game, good writing, good setting, abyss portion was legitimately spooky and great
Also feels
>>
bumpo
>>
>>339880175
Well for me monsters give the much needed feeling of danger. It would be pretty lame knowing that nothing can actuallly hurt you.
>>
>>339880889
I'd be ok with it being a creepy walking simulator with more puzzles
>>
>>339880950
>with more puzzles
If it's not going to have monsters to avoid then it had better have some kind of other gameplay besides walking and exploring although this risks developers just throwing gameplay in that doesn't fit or feels like filler since it's unrelated
>>
I thought the monsters were fine. I liked how you kept a finding different type each area instead of it being the same one tracking you for most of the game. Only fault was the 'knock out' mechanic made them feel less of a threat.
>>
>>339878569
not as good as Amnesia: the Dark Descent but still really good
>>
It felt refreshing to see your character struggle with and almost deny the concepts of what was going on within the game even though that asian chick clearly and thoroughly explained what was going on in the process. It helped cultivate that helpless feeling.
>>
>>339878569
What the FUCK?

PEOPLE LIKE THIS FUCKING GARBAGE?

NEO VEE GET OUT
>>
>>339883026
>He prefers Gone Home to Penumbra

ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>339883026
Go talk about a game you like, sperglord
>>
File: KNOXVILLE WORLD'S FAIR 1983.jpg (38 KB, 958x785) Image search: [Google]
KNOXVILLE WORLD'S FAIR 1983.jpg
38 KB, 958x785
Disturbing as fuck, and actually brings up a variety of hardball scenarios and questions. Takes the familiar existential road, but goes way further than a game ever has and knows exactly where to put emphasis to really shake your shit up. Monsters are frightening. The running/hiding game gets kind of samey towards the end, but the story is engaging enough that you'll want to see it through. Might want to play a Kirby game when you're done to detox for the existential horror.
>>
>>339878569
I hate the gameplay but I loved everything about it otherwise. Hate to say it but its one of the few games where I think removing the monsters would've been better than what we got.

That or rework the mechanics to allow for limited combat.
>>
>>339878569
Better than machine for pigs and had great atmosphere. Shame the main character was braindead.
>>
File: you now have a new fetish.gif (2 MB, 180x305) Image search: [Google]
you now have a new fetish.gif
2 MB, 180x305
Yeah it's pretty excellent. Compared to Amnesia or Outlast I'm not sure which I like best. I think SOMA had a better story than both but it lacked in action scenes a bit. Anyways it's an absolute must play for any horror or sci-fi fan.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.