[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just how do you fuck up this hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15
File: Spin1.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Spin1.jpg
224 KB, 1280x720
Just how do you fuck up this hard?
>>
By being platinum
>>
>>339850869
What's bad about it?
Platinum's last game was transformers and I loved it. Felt just like the 80s cartoon. Does turtles feel to anime?
>>
I personally dont care that much about the whole 30 fps and no local coop stuff. Other than that the game is solid. I enjoyed it
>>
>>339852159
>I personally dont care that much about the whole 30 fps

It's pretty fucking scummy when all prior footage was at 60FPS, and mentioned their gameplay concessions were chosen to achieve 60 FPS. It's absolutely retarded to hard lock the FPS, then again, it is a Japanese game. Two nukes weren't enough. In fact, I don't there are enough nukes in the world for the shit they do and how often they just slide away.
>>
>>339851978
>>339852159
Basically

>Dumped into 'free roam' level of which they are only two in the whole game
>Given randomly generated objectives, essentially 'go here kill guy'
>Once done it drops you into a boss arena
>Repeat for 9 levels
>>
>>339853060
Sounds lame as fuck
>>
>>339850869
You put someone in charge who is too reserved or polite to tell his team "no, that's not good enough, do it again and change these 9 things"

Which I've begun to suspect is Shirahama's issue; you see him in interviews, he's a very meek and polite guy, almost to the point where you feel bad for him having to be there talking. I feel like when crunch time is on, he just doesn't have the asshole edge that Kamiya or Saito does that's needed to say "guys, this is just not up to par, do it again"

Kamiya sent Mari Shimazaki back to the drawing board so many times during Bayo's design that his hard-headedness almost destroyed the entire project. He fought with like, EVERYONE at Platinum and Sega about every little detail and everyone was exhausted and frustrated.

That's why the game is so amazing; it was led by someone who had a vision for what it should be and who refused to compromise on that vision unless absolutely necessary.

TMNT feels like everyone's first pass. Like Shirahama never once said "not good enough" to something that came across his desk.
>>
>>339852159
>Other than that the game is solid.

No it isn't. Stop lying.

You might have enjoyed trash but that doesn't mean the game is solid at all.
>>
Out of the Shadows was a better game. At least the AI didn't get the fuck in your way, and the levels were straightforward. if Mutants had that gameplay, it'd be much better. Instead we get DO THE THING SO BOSS WILL SHOW.
>>
Sounds like Platinum needs to step up their level design.
>>
>>339855437
Whats so bad about it?
>>
Activision wanted it out before the new movie and they didn't want to pay a whole lot of money to do so.

If this had another 6 months and was published by a company that wasn't helmed by greedy retards it would've been great.
>>
>Complaining about the AI
>In a game meant to be played co op
>>
>>339853060
And how does it play? Is the combat fun? I found the combat in Anarchy Reigns lacking
>>
>>339856313
Unfortunately, Activision owns Nickelodeon game rights, and Nick owns TMNT. I miss THQ.
>>
>>339856397
>being retarded
>on 4chan

i think i did this wrong
>>
>>339856184

Scroll up. It's repetitive garbage with no depth.

>>339856313

No amount of polish would fix how shallow and boring the game is. There are design issues that are purely the fault of Platinum and their director's lack of vision. Out if the Shadows faced the same development issues yet they spat out a better game than Platinum. It's only fault is that the devs don't have experience with melee combat games which made their system feel slow and clunky.

>>339856397

With what fucking user base?

The game is dead, has no local co-op, came out at the same time as Overwatch and you have to have friends willing to spend 30-40 bucks on a shit game.
>>
File: pure quality.jpg (101 KB, 743x576) Image search: [Google]
pure quality.jpg
101 KB, 743x576
>>
>Go with with 30fps instead of 60 because local coop
>Game has no local coop and runs on 30fps regardless
Combat is also fucking shit. No proper combo system and most moves have cooldowns
>>
>>339857992
>no combos

I can confirm this is wrong.
>>
>hey, let's take this cartoon about teenage ninjas who are also mutated turtles, and make it super dark and serious
>>
>>339858624
>hey, let's shitpost about things we know nothing about
Original comic series were pretty dark and serious
>>
>>339858159
XXXX
YYY
XXYY

WOW SUCH DEPTH

Seriously, the game is trash.

That's coming from someone who thinks Transformers Devastation is Platinum's best game to date; I have no bias against the licensed "shovelware".

TMNT is a poorly-designed game. It tried to borrow too much from MMO design and it sucked as a result.
>>
>>339857647

TMNT reaction image thread?
>>
File: Sad Lizard.jpg (7 KB, 187x166) Image search: [Google]
Sad Lizard.jpg
7 KB, 187x166
>>339858979

Original comic was a parody of the dark and serious comics coming out.

Those comics went really fucking goofy shortly after it started to do a regular run.
>>
>>339856713
its anarchy reigns combat but dumbed down so any retard can play it your light combo string ALWAYS end in either a launcher on the ground or a slam down in the air. Your stinger goes barely anywhere.

Another problem is the fact that charms are needed at higher level to S epecially damage boosting ones but they did not balance health to go with it, I have a few very good damage and speed charms and barely have 2 pizzas.
>inb4 you do not need health
you do in single player when the turtles keep dying on you making it even harder to combo
>inb4 playing singleplayer
if you did not think turtle switching mid combo would be cool as fuck you are a fucking retard, though obviously the combat designer is a retard because he gave priority to items rather then the turtles on the dpad. I miss when items used to be something that negatively affected your score.

Also compared to every other turtles movie/game/tv show there is no fucking fan service the most we get is some 80s turtle references and by some I mean like 5 and a rat king reference.

the ui is garbage and the stupid glowing "watch out don't stand here" circles are retarded

basically instead of just making transformers devastation with the turtles and co-op and turtle switching we got a turd.

there is also a lack of enemy variety or consistency with rock soldiers popping up and the turtles not even commenting. The ninjutsu don't fit in a turtles game and the game is far to goofy, the turtles as a concept is goofy not the series itself only the 80s turtles were goofy.
>>
>>339860545
to add to this, they took the idw designs and butchered them, who the fuck wanted buff as fuck shredder or turtle noses? for fuck sake the cover art looks completely different to the in game turtles

also
>no actual tmnt costumes
what was up with that, the samurai one is fine but why not use one they actually wore instead of a new one? or how about using one of their more common alt costumes like raph ina trench coat
>>
>>339860972
>>339860545

The lack of fan service in this game is awful. You can tell this game didn't care about this game.

Red Fly at least showed they had their heart in their game despite it being buggy and clunky.
>>
File: 1277462551943.jpg (207 KB, 500x719) Image search: [Google]
1277462551943.jpg
207 KB, 500x719
>>339861580
yeah the total lack of any kind of TMNT references bugged me, even Out of the Shadows had a ton, hell the title screen was from the 1990 movie
>>
>>339861858
the title screen was the mirage comics issue one, but they had a ton of great references to all parts of tmnt.
Also how the fuck do you not make combo attacks not use all 4 turtles?
>>
>>339861858
>>339862857

>Boot up game
>Get to title screen
>"T. U. R. T. L. E. POWER! "
>Those poses
>That rooftop
>MFW
>>
>>339861858
T U R T L E POWAH
>>
>>339853060
how are these bad things?
>>
It's showelware designed to pay the bills, probably aimed for a young audience. They definitely weren't aiming nowhere high.
>>
>>339860545
>I miss when items used to be something that negatively affected your score.
why?
>>
File: 1409186318524.jpg (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409186318524.jpg
18 KB, 640x480
>>339865267

Explain how it's good.

Level design is boring and unappealing. Enemy variety is non-existent. Combat mechanics might as well be an MMO.
>>
>>339866226
answer my question first
>>
>>339866172
because someone who uses healing items and turret spam should not be getting s ranks, and in this games case in particular it fucking ruined single player turtle switching
>>
>>339865267
the layout and size of the areas are so small its shit.

the randomly generated objectives are tedious besides the main one kill all the enemies, might as well just make it like a traditional platinum game

the boss areas are fine I do not see why he hated them, I hate the stupid red circles more.

9 levels of repeated stupid tasks instead of focusing on platinum combat is horrible. Thats why the best levels of the game are the straight forward areas and if you get only kill all enemies objectives in that run it becomes almost a good game.
>>
>kevin eastman covers as collectibles
>no kevin eastman designs as alts
I get that they did it because he was the co creator and did a cover for every issue but seriously I could at least have had fun playing the game on very hard with them rather then doing it just because.
>>
>WHAT IF PLATINUM MADE [Blank]

Will this game finally stop this shit?
>>
>>339870367
I still think a tmnt platinum game would be great, just not made by the korra team like this one
>>
File: 1349279668267.jpg (83 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
1349279668267.jpg
83 KB, 500x273
>>339870553

>You will never have a TMNT game with

Out of the Shadow's fan service
Mutants in Manhattan responsive controls
TMNT 2007's level design
Mutsuhiko Izumi composing
>>
>>339871946
I know where you were going with this but it also needs 60 fps turtle switching having priority and better combos and co op moves
>>
>>339873924

Notice that I said platinum's responsive controls.

Their mechanics were fucking garbage.

Out of the Shadows had some pretty cool combat stuff going on but awful response time.
>>
Overall the game is really fucking fun if you play it with friends, the combat is great and it feels like the cartoon the only problem is the lack of content.
>>
>>339875118
the combat is the worst they ever given us how the fuck can you say its good you have a heavy combo that can not be cancelled out of and a light combo string that reuses your launcher as an ender, and stinger if you press heavy during the combo its so bare bones, and its not a good thing to be like the 80s cartoon, thats the worst version

also its not very fun with friends its like a shitty mmo on very hard where you have to plan on what charms to use, it should come down to skill not charms, and don't fucking say don't use them you do know damage otherwise
>>
>>339875710
Everything except special can be canceled
Dodge cancels can even create new combos like YY dc XXX dc XY you get the idea
>>
>>339876496
you do not seem to understand what I mean combo enders are only launcher stinger havey ender and one or two unique animation. canceling means jack shit when you end up doing the same strings with maybe one different move in them

don't get me started on air combat no wonder they make it impossible to launch most characters all you can do is either launch them again or do 4 fast hits
>>
>>339853060
Just like Madworld and Anarchy Reigns.
And people love those games.
What's your point?
>>
>>339877603

Oh, it's this guy again
>>
>>339877603
>mad worlds biggest complaint was the repetitive missions
>anarchy reigns was disliked due to the lack of combo potential
this game takes the worst aspects of both madworld had unique objectives in each level and unique weapons this game has neither.
anarchy reigns has dumbed down platinum combat and this game takes it one step further
>>
>>339877603

Madworld's fun was in the interactive levels and the great atmosphere.

Anarchy Reigns' fun was in the large roster and multiplayer versus.

Notice how this game does not have any of those aspects.
>>
>>339878394
exactly what I was saying why did they not just make transformers devastation with co-op and a single player with on the fly switching of the turtles no one wanted this.
>>
Wait,

If these were the same guys that gave us the 80's Transformers game, why didn't they give us 80's Turtles?
>>
>check out video
>april doesn't wear a yellow jumpsuit
>isn't even half as hot

fuck
>>
>>339878547
Because Transformers was directed by Kenji Saito (who directed MGR and was the lead gameplay programmer on Bayo)

And TMNT was directed by Eiro Shirahama, who directed LoK
>>
>>339878627

It's not

It was the Korra team
>>
>>339878627
please no they are the worst version of the turtles, also it was not the 80s transformers it was based on the idw comic designs which are the based on the 80s design. also the game mostly references the shitty 80s turtles.
>>
>>339879030
I thought the Korra team also made the transformers game
>>
>>339879149

I wish they gave us costumes based on all the designs throughout the years
>>
>>339879409
you got to look at the credits rather then listen to people on 4chan calling these games the c team games.
>>
>>339860352
They balanced goofy and serious. They aren't as dark or as violent as some people like to think, and it did some goofy shit, especially with crossovers. Sans Image nothing was super in your face violent, but they had an edge that the 87 cartoon didn't and weren't afraid to do something serious.

The new comic is much the same in that regard.
>>
>>339878627
Because aside from the Next Mutation turtles, the 87 turtles are kind of the worst ones. And it still infuriates me how people think it's a slight and not being faithful to the 'original' turtles when something makes the right move of staying as far away from it as possible.
>>
>>339879409
No

Transformers was led by the MGR team lead and is running on the Bayo framework
>>
>>339879741
I would not mind that as long as we get mrage and idw and used the idw designs as the main ones the 80s turtles really do not embody anything turtle related except nostalgia
>>
File: 1410074374687.jpg (18 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1410074374687.jpg
18 KB, 500x385
>>339881112
>80s turtles really do not embody anything turtle related except nostalgia

What are you, Peter Laird?

I'll agree that 80's turtles aren't the best representation for them, but it's ridiculous how it's cool to hate the 80's turtles when they're the only reason anyone gives a fuck about their existence or are still around to this day.
>>
>>339882415
I am just saying they are the worst version to base a game off of because they really do not match any other version.
>>
>>339882415
>I'll agree that 80's turtles aren't the best representation for them, but it's ridiculous how it's cool to hate the 80's turtles when they're the only reason anyone gives a fuck about their existence or are still around to this day.
I don't HATE them...that first season is good, I just get annoyed at the blind reverence from the general mainstream nostalgia fags that modern turtles are shit and 87 was the apex. It has brought us good stuff though, Bebop & Rocksteady as well as Krang are legitimately good additions to the franchise, and I doubt Shredder would be the main villain of the franchise if not for the cartoon putting him center stage. I also slightly prefer the idea of Splinter being a human instead of a rat before the mutation.

If the cartoon didn't happen, TMNT would not be what it is today.

That does not make it a good cartoon or any less frustrating when people blindly slam any TMNT thing that distances itself from it. When a co-worker is bitching about them making Baxter Stockman black because of ethnicity representation, it's kind of annoying.
>>
>>339882679
Agreed.
The 80s cartoon established a lot of great concepts and characters for the series, but there's a LOT of shit mixed in there too that people forget about.
>>
File: Match ya for it.jpg (128 KB, 470x254) Image search: [Google]
Match ya for it.jpg
128 KB, 470x254
>>339860226
I'm game
>>
File: 1399396603530.jpg (115 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
1399396603530.jpg
115 KB, 400x349
>>339860226
sure
>>
>>339850869
you give it to the C team
>>
>>339882679

You'll get that bullshit with anything that gets an adaption.
>>
>>339883426
This is true.

But with TMNT, it feels like a large amount of the representation it ever gets is tied to either the 87 turtles or the current cartoon. Sometimes it's hard to find something related to even the comics, where the damn thing originated.
>>
File: 1348951726648.jpg (66 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1348951726648.jpg
66 KB, 300x203
>>339883560

How do you think about Spider-Man and the Raimi films?
>>
80's turtles had best April.
>>
literally havent made anything good since the Clover days.
how many more flops before people wake up to this hack's shit.
>>
File: 60454_front.jpg (136 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
60454_front.jpg
136 KB, 640x908
>>339850869
This was the last tmnt game I played, and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>339883886

Didn't this have an annoying shared health pool mechanic?
>>
Secondary bump, where turtle reaction pics?
>>
So, anyone up for some co-op?
>>
>>339886903

What do you play on?
>>
>>339886992
PC.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.