[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so given that within another 2 years your cellphone will be more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: BGA_SSD_Main_2_2.jpg (275 KB, 706x705) Image search: [Google]
BGA_SSD_Main_2_2.jpg
275 KB, 706x705
so given that within another 2 years your cellphone will be more powerful than a ps4, do you guys think they big 3 will start competing with proprietary phones? It sounds dumb but they're going to lose such a huge marketshare if they didn't even try
>>
File: samsung-ssd-coin.jpg (54 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
samsung-ssd-coin.jpg
54 KB, 1200x792
>>
>>339840938
Are there still problems with heat dissipation? Until that's resolved consoles aren't going anywhere. I don't think a lot of people will appreciate having a fan in their phones, either.
>>
>>339841181
they're actually starting to experiment with water cooling phones
>>
>>339841257
my fucking sides
>>
>>339841257
sorry I meant liquid cooling, and it's not like we don't always figure out a way around a problem like that
>>
They'll probably become services like netflix
playstation is already doing it and so is EA
>>
>>339841153
>gooks have magicians on their coins
kek
>>
>>339841415
what's funny?
>>339841592
I guess my point is what happens to them at that point if people have almost know reason to be locked into a console anymore, I mean does the idea of exclusivity to a single game device go out of the window because people Will only ever want their one phone and have sony/Microsoft/Nintendo apps or will they try to protect it by making their own phones
>>
Have to say, Korea is dominating the electronics industry.
>>
>>339841550
If it comes to fruition, sure, but then we'll need to have batteries that last long. Note that the 3DS and the Vita have, at most, wifi and a much simple OS running in the back ground. iOS and android have multiple services/processes running in the back that enforce basic phone features (calling, messaging, emergencies) no matter what the device is doing. There's also the issue of designing games around portability, shorter distances between checkpoints, etc.

Lots of crap. Maybe they've fixed some of these, I dunno, I own a windows phone.
>>
File: 1324085822864.png (244 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
1324085822864.png
244 KB, 336x336
>>339840938
>that
>512 GB
>1500 MB/s read, 900 MB/s write
>mfw i remember buying an 80 GB ssd that was only barely faster than my raid 0 setup
The future is finally here.
>>
>>339841849
>>339841849
from my perspective it just seems like they're trying to keep the old system that just won't last, I mean in 5 years you'll have people who play games on their own and hobbyists/hardcore players who have a pc of some kind, it feels like consoles are the outdated medium of the two
>>
>>339842021
well no because they'll also just dock into your TV set up when you're home and it'll just be the brain instead of a big box, like in 5 years people will still have monitors and keyboards but the cpu will vanish from most homes
>>
File: CPU-Scaling.jpg (130 KB, 871x868) Image search: [Google]
CPU-Scaling.jpg
130 KB, 871x868
>>339842102
the law of accelerating returns is real man, Kurzweil is making everyone eat shit because of how right he always is and no one ever listens, the next 5 years are going to be fucking incredible
>>
>>339842106
phone not own *
>>
>mfw remember not that long ago using an amd 2400+ and waiting for minutes while it boots, while making breakfast.
>playing UT at glorious 60 fps was amazing
>>
>>339842557
and now your phone can not only play those games better but in VR 4k
>>
>>339842237
Depends on how you mean by docking. Do you mean the TV set will have a plug or place where you can "dock" the device? If so, then I wonder when TV manufacturers will agree to another standard. So far, all the big names seem to be forcing their own OS/chips/architectures or whatever. In a way it keeps all the tvs at best buy looking different from the competition, though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be cool, but why move yet another standard in? PlayStation Now is slowly being adopted by TV makers just now, I wonder how long something like that would take to be fully integrated in mass production.
>>
File: 1363369078942.jpg (27 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1363369078942.jpg
27 KB, 720x480
>>339842349
>transistor count going up while clock speed and performance per mhz stagnate
That makes no sense. You'd think with more transistors you would get more performance out of clock speed.
>>
File: original.jpg (120 KB, 593x640) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
120 KB, 593x640
>>339842557
>hear people talk about how they love UT
>yea man that was the shit back then
>"oh yea whats your favorite character? mines SANS"
>mfw people refer to UT as undertale instead of unreal tournament
>>
And this is what phone games may look like 6 years in the future.
https://youtu.be/nIgrCqeyhNs?t=78
>>
>>339842785
>>339842785
I think clock speed and that kind of performance are less iterative advancements and more like big architecture change in production advancements so they probably go the cheapest way to improve performance overall, which right now is just resting on Moores Law until we hit the wall and then have to do other things
>>
>>339840938
>given that within another 2 years your cellphone will be more powerful than a ps4
That just makes me wonder how powerful the PS5 will be...
>>
>>339842965
Dude in 6 years you won't even be able to imagine the advancement, no one ever believes exponential growth and price performance. It's going to be the last 6 years but exponentially more powerful, so factors of 100s instead of just 6 more years on a linear scale, so many people will tell me I'm a fucking moron simply because people usually can't imagine exponential growth because we're not built that way
>>
>>339842690
on a small screen
with touch control

>but controller attachments for phones!
>>
>>339843452
bro I'm talking about the physical phone itself will be powerful enough to replace the home console in the same set up
>>
>>339842965
too bad all phone games are shit just because they're on a phone rather than something built for vidya
>>
>>339843642
Why wouldn't consoles just come out more frequently? We are getting a NX 4 years and a few months after the Wii U, and PS4.5 3 years and Xbone 3 years.

In the future, it could be as much as 18 month console cycles. Each gen split into launch, and then an upgraded console 18 months later. Plays the same games and maybe include some kinda trade up program or some shit so people don't go insane
>>
>>339843362

Games from 6 years ago compared to now have seen very little improvement. I was expecting MORE, honestly. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>339844537
Or we could just have a tiny phone that replaces consoles since it's way more convenient and has way more uses?
Only thing missing is the tech.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.