[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think vidya are the hardest "drugs" of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1463333305492.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1463333305492.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
Do you guys think vidya are the hardest "drugs" of any entertainment medium and that people more prone to thrill and sensual seeking are likely to play them?

For example, I fucked up my wrists playing games a while back and couldn't really play for like 6 months. It was hell and it felt like I went through withdrawals. I tried reading books and it was boring. I tried watching movies and it was boring as fuck. TV shows and anime yielded similar results. It was like a professional athlete retiring/getting injured and then turning to drugs because nothing else matches the stimulation he receives in the middle of a match. And that's what I did-everything else was just not stimulating enough; I didn't wake up itching to watch movies or read a book.

Just look at all of these "tired gamer" threads that pop up on /v/ everyday. You don't fucking burnout that hard on non-substance induced stimulation usually, which leads me to believe that vidya are some of the most stimulating non-drug things around today.
>>
Well I didnt have the same experience as you, Ive been playing games non stop for 30 years.
But it is true that every other medium is now in a very distant second place, I used to watch anime all the time and all kinds of it, then just moe anime and now I cant really stand anime when I could be playing
a VN instead

About the tired gamer thing I never understood it, those people either only play 3-4 genres of games or their lives are a wreck and subconsciuosly blame videogames making their brains not enjoy them anymore
>>
Makes sense
>>
Video games are certainly better than movies, TV, music, literature etc.

I'll still do those every once in a while but nothing really competes with the vidya
>>
>>339832257
Have you ever considered the fact you're just pathetic and lonely?
>>
>>339834258
Its still not safe to say that out loud, there are also a lot of shit games specially phone games
Phone games are warping the perception of videogames by casuals and I think as a whole they get less respect than ever
>>
Anything that gives you reward for your efforts I wpuld imagine would have that effect.
>>
>>339834391
Pathetic and lonely people usually prefer anime though.
>>
>my personal hobby is more addicting than your personal hobby

Dumb fucking thread, sage and hidden.
>>
>>339832257

I don't think games are the culprit but rather the environment of attention-demanding devices which microfragment cognition in a sense.

An addiction to a simulation is solved by an addiction to a larger simulation {the world}
>>
>>339834664
Thanks for your opinion.
>>
>>339834391
I am pathetic, but I don't think it matters.

Lonely? Not really. I'm khv but I'm not an 8/10 or above so it can't be helped.
>>
I had a book phase when I was in my early 20s
Now I cant go back to them, maybe the phase will come back in the future?
Never cared much for movies.
>>
>>339832630
>everything
or maybe you are just an autist? i dunno makes sense dont you think?
>>
>>339832257
Sure, but something else is the matter if you absolutely can't do anything other than games
>>
>>339836475
I don't have ADD if that's what you're implying.
>>
>>339832257
Sadly I crave for stronger drugs now
>>
No.

I still browse /v/, but I haven't played vidya in some 4 years by now, besides maybe an hour of Dark Souls a week.

Let's extend this metaphor—by hard drugs, I'm assuming you're comparing vidya to heroin. With heroin, you get the hit of inescapable, addictive euphoria and you don't do jack shit for it. It's literally $8. That shit is garbage.

Vidya—you have to work for your high. Vidya is more like going to the gym.

The hard drugs are shit like YouTube and Netflix. You can just sit there, constantly gorging on mindless content, not lifting a finger for your high as your arteries rot from your amusement-induced sedentary lifestyle.

Fuck, I wish I still enjoyed vidya.
>>
>>339835795
Nah I can socialize just fine with people.
>>
>>339838802
Sucks to be you.

>>339838230
Like what?
>>
Kaguya is cute.
>>
Its true, only people under 30 can disagree.
And games keep evolving while all other media is stuck and has been stuck for a good while.
>>
>>339832257
Women are worse, need more effort to play and in the long run fuck you over more.
>>
>>339840624
It's 2016, only thoroughbred normies pursue women dude.
>>
>>339840787
Youd think that but even on /v/ I see way too many 3D enablers.
>>
>>339840624
And sex is NOT better than masturbation, what a fucking lie fed to us so we pursue pussy.
Never again.
>>
>>339842090
>he's never had sex while he was high
>or an ecstasy
>or on any psychedelic

You're right, sober sex is a complete joke.

Sex on drugs, however, is fucking retardedly delicious.
>>
>>339842475
Just fap while on that crap, same thing.
>>
>>339842475
Ive probably gotten stronger orgasms than you with no need of a pig or drugs
Enjoy your dead brain druggie normalfag.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.