[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when people did this shit for free?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 25
File: Cemu.png (494 KB, 1268x804) Image search: [Google]
Cemu.png
494 KB, 1268x804
Remember when people did this shit for free?
>>
>>339830249
It's Patreon mate. Shit's basically a tip jar.
>>
>ePSXe and No$ were both shareware with paid versions with more features
>PPSSPP has the gold version
>Most other emulators have donation links

No.
>>
>>339830249
good thing you don't have to do it

they just want support, you don't have to buy the software, retard

they still DO IT FOR FREE
>>
It's the same as a paypal button on every previous emulator's site. Don't be retarded.

If a couple NEETs want to spend NEETbux on letting them spend all their time making the emulator better, then whatever.
>>
>>339830249

Don't make me post it ...
>>
Financial incentive makes everything better, you fucking communist

Just look at how much progress they've made in such a short time. Some retro consoles are still emulated poorly to this day because some hobbyist spends 2 hours on it once a year. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>339830348
>Shit's basically a tip jar.

Depends on how people are using it mate

Some people hide their stuff behind a paywall
>>
File: 1338868235792.jpg (2 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1338868235792.jpg
2 KB, 126x126
Are you literally retarded?

Emulator developers have asked for donations since the dawn of time.

Most freeware devs do.
>>
>>339830249
Luckily there are more people with disposable income that like to stretch their ego than people who pay money for free goods.

But yeah, money corrupts everything.

There'll be a SkiDRoW patreon next.
>>
>>339830249

The only reason paid mods didn't take off was because a bunch of neckbeards threw endless shitfits about losing something they thought would be free forever. They're okay with this because they'll be paying for something that will be free eventually. The moral of this story is that neckbeards are flip floppers who will gladly suck dick if they like the moisturizer you used beforehand.
>>
>>339830249
Fuck off you self-entitled cunt. I love donating to mods when hard work is shown. You don't deserve anything for free you dumb fuck.
>>
Don't like it? Don't support it, and also don't get the stuff hidden behind the paywall.
>>
>Only way to get the latest version of the Emulator is to pay.

Only fags will defend this.
>>
>>339830591
>There is no difference between freely available content with optional donations and content that has to be bought
>>
>>339830605
>I love donating
May I ask why?
>>
>>339830370
PPSSPP Gold is literally the exact same thing with a gold icon. It's a donation thing, there are no extra features whatsoever.
>>
File: yes and.png (26 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
yes and.png
26 KB, 201x201
>>339830882
>>
Remember Bleem!, OP?
>>
So just like project 64 they'll work on it till it plays like 10 games and then just keep scrapping in the money.
>>
>>339830947
It's not the same thing as hiding your emulator behind a donation wall.
>>
>>339831076
That wasn't implied.
>>
>>339831045

My Project64 must be made of magic then because I have over 50 games working on it.
>>
>>339830703

>to only way to eat is to pay

only faggots will defend this. stealing FTW! Roofles!
>>
I had a NDS emulator on my phone but now it's paying so I removed it.
>>
>>339830249
You mean like N64 DC and PSX emulation that still doesn't work right after 15 years?
>>
I don't understand why is it not okay to ask for donations? The updates are still free though.
>>
File: nothingofvalue.png (34 KB, 391x783) Image search: [Google]
nothingofvalue.png
34 KB, 391x783
wow it's fucking nothing

fuck off op
>>
>>339830721
Because I care and when someone works hard I believe they owe a little respect and there's people out there who genuinely care.
>>
>>339831431
>Hiding new versions behind a paywall
>>
>>339831365
Hey reicast is pretty damn good.
>>
>>339830370
ePSXe has a paid version? I've been using it for ages and wasn't aware of that.
>>
>>339831480
>for a single week
are you that much of an impatient fuck?
>>
>>339831480
Heaven forbid you have to wait a week to get it anyway.
>>
>>339831478
so, ego?

It's not a bad thing, just say you're doing it to feel good about yourself.
>>
File: 1421391497610.gif (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1421391497610.gif
79 KB, 600x450
>>339831569
>using epsxe
>>
>Pii U! Pii U! Pii U!
>why isn't the emulator free? I wanna play all the games for free, fucking devs

Like do you want Wii U games, or no?
>>
>>339831431
>get your name listed on the website and about menu
No thanks I prefer not being hacked
>>
File: 1448750537971.gif (3 MB, 164x267) Image search: [Google]
1448750537971.gif
3 MB, 164x267
Even if suddenly overnight everyone started making emulators as a commercial product how entitled to you have to be to find yourself pissed off about it. I would certainly be sad, I like my free shit, but it's obviously understandable.

I mean they are real people working on something, they're putting hard hours into these things just so you can enjoy it. These people don't live in a vacuum, be grateful you little cunts.
>>
Capitalism? More like Crapitalism
>>
>>339831853
Fuck off, I use whataver I want. And Mednafen sucks.
>>
>>339831973
>>339831973
>I'll eat shit and you can't stop me, the actual competent alternative is bad probably because I'm too stupid to run it
>>
>>339832085
Oh wow anon you're so smart, your parents must be proud of you.
>>
>>339830249
Money is an incentive. If they did it for free they would have no reason to hurry development.
>>
>>339832375
competition
as is the driver for most things
>>
>Have to pirate mods and piracy tools

Good times
>>
>>339831569
Even the other plugin based equivalent, PCSX-Reloaded is better than ePSXe
>>
>>339830249

Emulation developers then

>link to Paypal of devs on project site

Emulation developers now

>Patreon page

Hardly different
>>
>>339834110
>Hiding latest version behind paywall
>>
>>339834245

Oh, I didn't see that. Yeah, they can fuck off then
>>
>>339834245
>What is No$
>>
>>339830495
These guys don't.
Granted that I don't agree at all with using Patreon and similar systems for donations, because they abuse the set-it-and-forget-it system of recurring payments, if dumb people are careless with their money it's their own fault.
>>
>>339830249
Remember when people weren't entitled to what other people made?
>>
Does Mednefan/Retroarch support rendering at higher resolutions? Trying to replace epsxe.
>>
>>339835334
It does with Mednafen, but it's extremely intensive once you go past 2x.

I know they've thrown another PS1 core in there recently but I forget which one.
>>
>2005 internet
>people routinely mocked flash animators and artists that asked for more money
>2016
>it's "problematic" and "unfair" to suggest that people shouldn't try to pay all of their bills with donations from fans of your 2-3 minute shorts that involve monkeys farting or something
>>
>>339831431
>pay $5 a month to have access to updates a week in advance even though they'll be free the following week

What the fuck? That's an awful bonus. This isn't like beta testing with a game where you can possibly test out newer mechanics, items, etc. They're just updates to an emulator.
>>
>>339836091
So running at 1920x1080 will be nearly impossible? That extra bit of accuracy isn't worth having to play at 480x360.
>>
At least it's not the Alison Rapp Patreon
>>
>>339830703
>>only way for an impatient fuck to get the latest version a small bit of time earlier than its normal release to the public

fixed that for you buddy.
learn a lick of patience you ungrateful fuck.
>>
>>339837838
You wouldn't be running any PSX games at 1080p in any emulator without fucking up the aspect ratio.
>>
>>339838172
*whatever the equivalent with black bars would be. 1440x1080 then.
>>
>>339838348
There's nothing to stop you from running games in fullscreen in mednafen, or at various windowed sizes.
Internal resolution options are no different to those offered in PCSX2 and obviously won't do much to help games that are primarily 2D.
>>
>>339831906
>>emulators as a commercial product
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWY7fCXUwE

as a side-note on the topic, emulators were already commercial products since ages ago.

some of them were even commercial products before the console in question had peaked.

i personally would actually love for CEmu to be a commercial product, but the devs don't seem interested in that idea.

im also a bit salty that they've chosen to hold back on networking capability until the WiiU's online servers/presence dies, the games I want to emulate are mostly all multiplayer ones that I just wish to play with keyboard/mouse.
>>
>People are so against buying a Wii U for the risk of someone thinking they like Nintendo that they'll pay money to get an emulator a week early
>Just to prove they don't like Nintendo yet want to play their games

Jesus fucking Christ, /v/.
>>
>>339838783
You're assuming a lot.
>>
>>339838845
It's /v/, Anon. The same people who shit themselves because Bayonetta 2 wasn't on PC.

They'll pay to be able to say they're emulating Bayo 2 on PC, like it's some huge achievement.
>>
>>339838172
>>without fucking up the aspect ratio
there's plugins to correct this.
doesn't work in all games of course, but in ones such as Spyro it's a simple camera hack and re-positioning the UI.
there's an ePSXe package somewhere all ready to go for widescreen HD.
>>
File: madotsukipuke.jpg (110 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
madotsukipuke.jpg
110 KB, 600x600
>>339839206
>there's an ePSXe package somewhere all ready to go for widescreen HD.
>ePSXe
Now that mednafen has the same widescreen hack along with internal resolution and other graphics options along with the shader settings it's had for years there is literally no reason to use the piece of shit that is ePSXe.
>>
>>339831818
>you're doing it to feel good about yourself

First day in Earth, xeno?
>>
>>339838683
>until the WiiU's online servers/presence dies
It's so they don't get Nintendo lawyers bearing down on them with the force of 10,000 suns.
>>
>>339839564
Except mednafen is slow as shit also

>piece of shit that is ePSXe.
So, how long have you been into scat fetish?
ePSXe is fucking awesome and basically you are a faggot.
>>
File: 1445957886930.jpg (121 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1445957886930.jpg
121 KB, 808x805
>>339838783
>this persecution complex
>>
>>339840415
>Except mednafen is slow as shit also
Mednafen has a speedup function that actually works, so it's actually much faster than ePSXe.
>Implying the person who doesn't eat shit is a scat fetishist
>>
>>339830249
Remember when people used to do videos on youtube for free? Or when people made flash games/animations for free on Newgrounds?
>>
>>339840658
>ednafen has a speedup function that actually works, so it's actually much faster than ePSXe.
Nope, with epsxe I can go highest rendering resolution and it will still work smooth as fuck.
Mednafen (at least in Retroarch 1.32) just cant compare.
>>
>>339840380
this would only be a problem if they were hosting their own servers though.

if it's just distribution of server emulation, and not hosting of private servers, the courts can't do anything about it. this is why things such as the educational diablo 3 server emulator can still exist (mooege).

of course, if nintendo wanted to make a scene about it, they could take them to court anyway and likely cause enough legal costs to put them out of business. this is what happened to bleem, the ps1 emulator that won a court case against sony but then went out of business due to the huge amount of legal costs spent in court.
>>
File: 1458540715416.png (20 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1458540715416.png
20 KB, 400x250
>>339830249
I would donate a decent amount of money each month the bring pSX back from dead.
>>
>>339841594
best girl
>>
>>339830249
>pay emulator developers monthly for something that will take like, 4 or 5 years to reach 90% compatibility instead of buying the original hardware and games
I hate neo-nintendo as much as the next guy, but this is so stupid. It's not like other person won't do it for free someday.
But whatever, it's not my money.
>>
>>339830249
Who cares? It's released for free anyway, and commercial emulators was actually pretty prevalent in the past.
We're objectively in the golden age of emulation.
>>
>>339841247
Maybe you should get a computer that isn't shit, then.
>>
>>339839564
>>there is literally no reason to use the piece of shit that is ePSXe
except that it also works fine for what i want it to do, and i don't care which one you think is better, friend.
>>
>>339842140
>it works fine
So does ZSNES.
>>
>>339830591
>The only reason paid mods didn't take off was because a bunch of neckbeards threw endless shitfits about losing something they thought would be free forever. They're okay with this because they'll be paying for something that will be free eventually. The moral of this story is that neckbeards are flip floppers who will gladly suck dick if they like the moisturizer you used beforehand.
You don't know wtf you're talking about. If they get paid for mods they can't use trademarked shit without getting sued, they have to support the content they do make but have no incentive to do so.
It breeds a degenerate environment of idiots like you who should be taken out back and put out of our misery.
>>
>>339842135
>>a computer that isn't shit
but they just mentioned that ePSXe successfully achieves the exact same task without any problem....that means it's a problem with Mednafen, not their computer.

you don't need a super computer to emulate PS1, heck even my shitty mobile emulates it perfectly at 720p, and that's a severely primitive version of ePSXe compared to the PC version.

why do you care so much about whether or not someone uses the same software as you?
>>
Patreon is doing it for free dumbass. You aren't buying anything when you donate on Patreon.
>>
>>339842528
>the exact same task
It doesn't though. It produces an inferior result that requires less processing power.

>you don't need a super computer to emulate PS1
Yeah, that's right. My computer was mid-tier back in 2011 and it has no problems running games in mednafen, so what's your excuse?
>>
>>339842215
You're not making any sense, that's not even a PS1 emulator...
>>
>>339842135
>epsxe works flawlessly on a shit computer
>mednafen doesnt work nearly as well on the same shit computer
>this is a proof that mednafen is somehow better

Anyway, if you actually check discussions on mednafen its higher res and speed up function you will notice that it chokes computers that are very far from being shit.
Its just much more resource hungry than epsxe with all its bells and whistles.
And keep to yourself "muh superior compatibility, you mednafenfags like to use when you have no real argument why mednafen is better than anything else"
Unless I'll see there is actually issues with compatibility, like water not being transparent, AI behaving weirdly, crashes and what not, there is no superior compatibility.
>>
File: 2.png (239 KB, 604x345) Image search: [Google]
2.png
239 KB, 604x345
WHEN WILL WIND WAKER HD WORK ITS A FUCKING PORT NO I DONT WANT TO PLAY THE GAMECUBE VERSION
>>
>>339842760
The point is that ZSNES "works fine" in the same sense that ePSXe "works fine", that being that it actually runs games like shit but the idiots who defend it don't know any better.

>>339842773
>>this is a proof that mednafen is somehow better
And higan runs like shit because it requires more resources to accurately emulate the SNES than ZSNES and SNES9x's patchwork jobs, yes.
>Its just much more resource hungry than epsxe with all its bells and whistles.
How ironic when the entire point of ePSXe is to have the bells and whistles that mednafen lacks.
>Unless I'll see there is actually issues with compatibility, like water not being transparent, AI behaving weirdly, crashes and what not, there is no superior compatibility.
Well it's a good thing you'll get all of that in plugin based emulators then isn't it?
>>
Why is N64 emulation still garbage?
>>
>>339842663
>> It produces an inferior result
please provide a source to this, including a comparison, otherwise i have no reason to believe this matters, epsxe still appears to achieve this in a manner that is perfectly fine for the task and playable.

>>less processing power
nothing wrong with that, it can either mean its more optimized or that its taking intelligent shortcuts that achieve the same result.
again, you need to clarify on the relevance of this fact.
this would be like saying it's a bad thing that PPSSPP uses a JIT compiler, rather than the alternative method that would gain the exact same results but would need more processing power. if you're going to bring up processing power, at least understand what you're talking about.

>>339842663
>>and it has no problems running games in mednafen
>>so what's your excuse
Excuse for what? I never said my computer has any problems running mednafen.
Stop putting words in peoples mouths. Also inb4 you don't realize there are multiple people talking to you.
>>
>>339830249

Paid emulators have been around forever, faggot.

And at least the PS1 was a simple console in terms of hardware, the Wii U is a clusterfuck by comparison.
>>
File: logo-mame.jpg (36 KB, 800x276) Image search: [Google]
logo-mame.jpg
36 KB, 800x276
>>339830249
Yes. Yes I do.
>>
how playable is N64 majoras mask on PC? I want to play it but the gamecube version I have it glitchy as fuck and the 3DS one ruins muh nostalgia thanks to shit features like swimming fast drains magic for literally no reason
>>
>>339843908

It's a Nintendo 64 game that everyone has heard of, therefore it works perfectly.
>>
>>339844138
>people haven't heard of Gauntlet Legends
>it'll never be playable again, even the N64 version is crippled with needing a memory pack that you can't get anymore
a literal dead game, such a shame ;_;
>>
>want to play a game
>doesn't work in mednafen because of reasons
>works perfectly in epsxe all the time

I don't give a shit about accuracy and sperg shit like that I just want to be able to play the game.
>>
>>339843090
>>The point is that ZSNES "works fine" in the same sense that ePSXe "works fine"
I'm not understanding the comparison anon, and I really don't see how comparing a PS1 emulator to a SNES emulator is relevant.
What parts of ePSXe don't "work fine", or don't meet this oh so high standard you apparently think people should care about?

I still don't care, and I'm still going to use ePSXe to play the large list of titles that have worked fine in it for ages, and still continue to work fine in it, regardless of how simple or complex the game may be.

>>339843090
>> it actually runs games like shit
Again, please provide a source on why you think this is the case, and why it's apparently the case for such a large amount of titles that ePSXe is not in any way usable and I should just drop it because this other emulator is apparently oh so superior that I should care about it.

I don't care about perfect emulation, I care about it being playable enough that I get the same enjoyment as I would playing it natively. ePSXe has never had a problem catering to this, and I don't care about your superiority complex that you feel the need to push about mednafen.
>>
>>339844362
I'm glad the N64 I bought used years ago had one in it.
>>
>>339830370
>PPSSPP has the gold version
its just there to support the devs, there is no difference
>>
>>339842936
they aren't that far into development right now they have to focus on accuracy then performance, even if WWHD did work unless you had the progress report pc they use level specs you couldn't run it
>>
>>339843760
>>the Wii U is a clusterfuck by comparison
Surprisingly not too much, at least the CPU is pretty straight-forward to emulate.
It's the GPU that's a bitch.

Now PS3 and the original Xbox, those are clusterfucks.
>>Xbox games were so clusterfucked that some of them came with custom versions of DirectX on the game disc, so that they could do their own tricks that the box couldn't.
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
Remember Project64?

Nothing wrong with CEMU's donations going through patreon. They're not locking their emulator behind a paywall
>>
>>339844831
you forgot to mention that the ps3 has an alien architecture that even its successor can't play any of the games, even from emulation
>>
>>339845131
good point.
yeah that's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>339844851
the thing that barely works and has actual malware inside the installer?
Yeah, nothing wrong at all here folks
>>
>>339830370
>using ps2 emulators as an example

Oy vey am I old.

>NO$GBA
>project64
>>
>>339830456
Youd better fucking not.
>>
>>339830348
It stops being a tip jar when you lock your product behind a specific donation amount.

how is this even allowed on patreon? Its illegal.

>inB4 muh homebrew.

No, cemu doesnt run homebrew, its sole purpose is piracy which is illegal.

Its even more illegal because you're SELLING it.
>>
>>339845990

>Its illegal.
Unless they're including a BIOS or any ROMs, you're factually incorrect.
>>
>>339843625
>>339842773
Just for you guys, I'm making a comparison right now. Look forward to it.
>>
>>339846076
>selling a program only used for piracy
>not illegal

Not even gonna touch on the fact that its made with stolen code from Nintendo.
>>
>>339830249
If there are fags with too much money, why not let smart people milk them?
>>
File: megamano.jpg (900 KB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
megamano.jpg
900 KB, 986x1378
>>339846637
cool argument bro
>>
>>339837020
>you are not allowed to make money doing something you enjoy
>>
>>339830249

Can't you just pledge the lowest amount, quickly download whatever it is you want and then withdraw the pledge before you're billed?

I see to recall doing that once.
>>
mednaphen+pgp when?
>>
>>339830249
Time devs put in to projects is lost money.

>tfw only neets living off of social security have to do projects
>>
Well it explains why he refuses to open source it.
>>
>>339846390
Almost done. Don't die yet, thread.
>>
>>339851271
Also waiting.
>>
It's still free, you can wait a fucking week.
It's no different than waiting for an official release instead of a beta release
>>
File: 1464758618644.jpg (90 KB, 591x610) Image search: [Google]
1464758618644.jpg
90 KB, 591x610
I bet 10 bucks Nintendo will shut down this patreon in 2 weeks or less
>>
>>339852716
Arent emulators are legal as long as you dont provide anything copyrighted and all the code is your own.
>>
ePSXe:
https://a.pomf.cat/hkhxbj.webm

Mednafen:
https://a.pomf.cat/ktwhml.webm

Unfortunately between my main video recorder (Shadowplay) not working here and the one I used instead (ShareX) tanking my framerate in both emulators past this point, this was the best I could shit out. Still, it's more than enough to show that menus look like shit in ePSXe, ePSXe is bad at handling FMVs, and most importantly, ePSXe's sound emulation is vastly inferior to mednafen's, which is most noticeable with the battle sound effects.
>>
>>339852882
>more than enough to show that menus look like shit in ePSXe
Nigga you had filtering enabled in ePSXe and nothing in mednafen, thats the only thing I noticed in menus.

>ePSXe is bad at handling FMVs
Havent noticed but whatever

>ePSXe's sound emulation is vastly inferior to mednafen's
I havent noticed "vastly inferior" sounds but out of curiosity, what version of epsxe and what sound plugin.
There are a few sound plugins that have great tremble and sound actually good.
If you want "vastly inferior" sounds try War of the Lions compared to original FFT.
That shit can scratch your eardrooms, literally.
>>
File: okay.png (65 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
65 KB, 540x527
>>339830249
I don't see anything wrong with this.
>>
>>339854067
>Havent noticed but whatever
Nigger please, as soon as new game gets hit you see ePSXe sperging the fuck out trying to replace the previous FMV with the new one, which doesn't happen in mednafen.
>I havent noticed "vastly inferior" sounds
You might be deaf. Compare Koudelka's strength boosting spell in each video, they sound significantly different.
> what version of epsxe and what sound plugin.
2.0.2. and P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9, using all the highest quality settings.
>>
File: 1307230885001.png (163 KB, 316x310) Image search: [Google]
1307230885001.png
163 KB, 316x310
>>339852818
Nintendo and Sega were able to shut down Alvin Earthworm's Patreon because he made the mistake of explicitly linking early access to Super Mario Bros. Z to donations.

If the devs of CemU are dumb enough to lock access to future versions behind a paywall, which I doubt is the case, it could easily be determined that they're making money off of a way to play Nintendo's shit illegally.
>>
>>339830249

No
>>
>>339855318
>as soon as new game gets hit you see ePSXe sperging the fuck out trying to replace the previous FMV with the new one
Insignificant since it happens only for a fraction of a second and doesn't influence cutscene itself.

>Compare Koudelka's strength boosting spell in each video, they sound significantly different.
Wouldnt call it significant but there are some differences quite honestly epsxe has more tremble and less distortion so I am not sure why you said mednafen has better sound.
>>
>>339845386

>install project64 not too long ago
>uncheck all the side install shit
>my PC gets so infested with spyware it breaks my start menu and I'm forced to reinstall windows
>dev says it was an honest mistake he'll promise to fix it :^)

Project64 is the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. Not to mention the forums are filled with people screaming how much they love the spyware and adware and how they willingly install it to help him out.
>>
File: youtube then - youtube now.jpg (218 KB, 1436x674) Image search: [Google]
youtube then - youtube now.jpg
218 KB, 1436x674
>>339830249
Fucking Web 2.0, social bullshit, normies and kikes ruining the Internet since 1998.
Mother fuckers.
>>
>>339856403
>I-It's an insignificant problem! It doesn't matter that it's a problem!
>They just sound different, it's not like one is better than the other!

Are you a paid shill?
>>
>>339856530
>skolnick
They are not even trying to hide it anymore
>>
I "paid" for PPSSPP on android using credit I got through the google rewards thing. Where does that put me?
>>
File: I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS.gif (47 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS.gif
47 KB, 150x150
>>339856530
>all someone has to do is type my name into the search bar and they can see all the Let's Players I've subscribed to
HELP
>>
>>339856530
Remember when people used to make fun of those weirdos who used their real name as their username?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle.net#Privacy_and_Real_ID
holy shit it was 6 years ago?
>>
>>339855652
Wiki says that emus are legal in states as long as you dont include copyrighted stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console_emulator#Legal_issues

>>339856595
>paid shill
>For ePSXe
Whatr you shown is insignificant and in some cases epsxe actually wins.
Neither of those things convincing anyone that epsxe is literally shit and mednafen is blessing of god, certainly not if you take awesome performance and functionality of epsxe into consideration.

I would really like for mednafen to be better (mainly because retroarch has all the coolest shaders) but as for now epsxe look and sound better even in those webms you made to show the difference.
Few small things do not erase all the awesomeness of epsxe.
>>
>>339857157
>There was also concern that this would lead to real-life harassment and safety concerns, especially for women and transgender gamers who are already harassed quite often in-game.

ABLOOBLOOBLOO
>>
>>339857289
>and in some cases epsxe actually wins.
epsxe doesn't do better in anything except model quality and that's only because mednafen was at the lowest settings.
You're retarded.
>>
>>339852818
I don't think they are if you're making a profit.
Same with fan-art. Fan-art ceases to be fan-art when you're taking money for it. Patreon is full of illegal stuff.
>>
>>339857479
>ABLOOBLOOBLOO
And then some kid gets swatted.
Abloo indeed.
>>
File: Peasant_Woman.jpg (47 KB, 380x560) Image search: [Google]
Peasant_Woman.jpg
47 KB, 380x560
>>339830249
These times are hard. We must count our blessings
>>
>>339858204
>epsxe doesn't do better in anything except model quality
Better model quality and obviously better performance, after all you couldnt run mednafen to look as good as epsxe.
Sound was better.
I have absolutely no idea whats your problem with menu was, if you mean slight blurriness its because you had enabled texture filtering.
The only real issue I saw were those few frames of previous cutscene but thats absolutely irrelevant as a proof of anything since it doesnt affect gameplay or cutscene in any way.

>You're retarded.
Are you gonna make a webm comparison of that too?
>>
File: 1308477303356.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1308477303356.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>339859039
>Sound was better.
>>
>>339845990
>what is backing up games
Emulators are completely legal.
>>
>>339859140
Cheer up, at least you recognised your mistake.
>>
>>339845386
>>339844612
Did either of you read his post?
>>
File: 570117850[1].png (128 KB, 414x225) Image search: [Google]
570117850[1].png
128 KB, 414x225
>using a closed source emulator
Enjoy being at the mercy of one guy and his whims.
>>
File: 1450995357021.jpg (67 KB, 622x459) Image search: [Google]
1450995357021.jpg
67 KB, 622x459
>>339859993
You made me remember what happened to samurize.
>>
>>339859993
>want online emulation
TOO BAD I DON'T
>want speed fixes at the expense of theoretical correctness
TOO BAD I DON'T
>what about anything that isn't your current priority Exzap, I'll even develop it myself?
FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING LEACH THIS IS MY PROJECT

Funfact: None of this is hypothetical, this is all shit he's bitched about in writing. It's closed source because he's a control freak.
>>
File: boomers.png (462 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
boomers.png
462 KB, 800x524
Remember when the economy wasn't shit? Oh, course you don't
>>
>>339859993
the dev is a faggot
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.