[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: dark_sword.png (16 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
dark_sword.png
16 KB, 188x269
The best.
>>
>At being parried.
>>
Why can't we just get Dark souls 1 gameplay with better netcode? that's all they had to do for the past 4 years.
>>
>>339811763
Seriously 1 or 2 out of about 30 know how to parry.
>>
Using a refined DS in my first playthrough now. 5 hits and the crystal sage was down. It's stupidly powerful.
>>
File: astora_greatsword.png (14 KB, 189x285) Image search: [Google]
astora_greatsword.png
14 KB, 189x285
>>339811630
Sup faggot. Just gonna hyper armor through your r1 spam and laugh at half your health being gone on my second swing. Also going to laugh when you fail to parry my next swing (note: you can't), and going to laugh even harder when you try to roll away for estus when I hit L2-R2.
>>
>>339813070
Yaa okay buddy
>everyone get a load of this guy
>>
>>339813168
>I don't know the game's mechanics

Thanks for the reply, r1 shitter.
>>
>>339813224
>doesn't know the 1 2 kick
>>
File: winged_knight_twinaxes.png (23 KB, 242x217) Image search: [Google]
winged_knight_twinaxes.png
23 KB, 242x217
The LT spin spam attack is so weak but so fun.

I always use it in pvp and then just die.
>>
Best Quality weapon?
>>
>>339813315
carthus curve sword is pretty broken

enjoy it before it gets nerfed.
>>
>>339813406
>try to be a sneaky thief with dual bandit knifes
>get my shit kicked in constantly

The weapon arts is so bad, the attack stagger no one and the damage is pitiful...
>>
Butchers knife +10 is good right? S scaling with stupidly much invested in strength would wreck pve i suppose.
>>
>>339813535
R1-L1 should be an uninterruptible true combo. Use Carthus Rouge and stack on the bleed. Also, so long as you have FP, Quickstep dodges have iframes you can use and abuse.

That's all I can tell ya, man. Bandit knifes are kind of garbage.

>>339813315
Refined Dark Sword+10 has some of the highest DPS in the game for slightly heightened stamina consumption compared to other straight swords. Just don't go full retard on other players because if you go for a third swing they're just going to press parry because that shit is basically free.
Open your fights with R1-R1 and then something unblockable/crazy because everyone is going to think you're just some Dark Sword shitter, so they'll waste the time to throw a parry out. I recommend a jump attack or a Chaos Fireball aimed straight at the floor behind them. Do so two or three times to train your opponent, then go for a three hit combo before the mix-up once they stop trying to parry a third hit that's 'never coming because this guy isn't a brain dead shitter.'
>>
everyone here talks a big party game but honestly it rarely happens in pvp so fuck it.

+10 dark sword pine resin buff till I die
>>
>>339814359
*parry. Fucking hell
>>
Is the R2 viable now? I liked the sword in Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>339814451
You can use it as a mix-up after your R1-R1. Charge it just long enough to avoid the parry window before letting it rip.
>>
>>339811630
It's annoying because I like the dark sword, always sort of reminded me of Crona's sword. I'll use it anyway as a sidearm.
>>
>>339814523
Is this parry window due to it being very similar to the R1's window, or is it still easy to parry on reaction?
>>
>>339814751
Right, so here's where it gets weird.

Ceastus and other fist weapons have instant parry frames, so they CAN parry on reaction. Small shields and parrying weapons (painting guardian sword, parrying dagger) have a small, few frame delay before they parry. Normal shields have a heavier delay before the parry window starts, and it closes shorter.

The idea of charging an R2 isn't that it has a more difficult to catch parry window, but to fuck up your opponent by throwing off their timing and punishing them for mashing L2 the moment they get out of hitstun.
>>
>>339814359
I pretty much always get the parry off on r1 spammers, except for some raisin one in every 10 r1 spammers seems to be unparry-able. It might be the person's connection though, as I know i'm hitting it at the right time. I'm usually pretty good at parrying dash attacks and turn around r1's too, the only players that manage o elude a parry entirely are heavy weapon users and people with erratic attack patterns (which are rare)
>>
>>339814978
So it's extra insurance, right? The timing of the R2 is naturally different from the R1?
>>
>>339815152
Yeah. It's a few frames slower than a follow-up R1, but not so slow that someone can toss out a second parry and catch it.
>>
>>339815232
Neat.

Dark Hand seems to be net 60 in blocking. Different scaling game-wise, or legit downgrade? I've also seen the grab and it doesn't seem very feasible to land it.
>>
>>339815814
It's solid enough for a shield that weighs literally nothing. That's about it. It also can't be upgraded.
>>
>>339812670
I once encountered a host named FromSoftware in the Crystal Sages boss fight.
I got summoned where I was using my Yhorm's Great Machete because I wanted to test it with minimum strength and 2 handing. FromSoftware was using the Dark Sword. He/she didn't mash R1, was very polite too.

The weapon is NEVER going to get nerfed guys. OP cannot be proven wrong whether we like it or not, if who I played against is actually Fromsoft testing their netcode and weapon of choice.
Unless of course I'm just being a pessimist and they're actually doing actual testing for rebalancing.

Bit unrelated but I also saw IGN's official bloodstain in Nioh in front of the second boss' room. Nice that Nioh actually puts user names above the death signs so if a user doesn't pick it up you can identify them. Speaking of which, the demo had an update to v1.2. No idea what that entails.
>>
>>339811630
at least i can parry this faggotry, katanas are a thousand times more cheese.
>>
File: 1463828609940.jpg (59 KB, 453x439) Image search: [Google]
1463828609940.jpg
59 KB, 453x439
>>339816218
>Washing Pole running R1's
>>
>barbed straightsword
>34 default bleed
>infuses with Blood Gem
>Goes up to 36

>Vanilla broadsword
>Infuses with Blood Gem
>from 0 to 34 bleed

what?
>>
>>339816405
You need to go hollow luck bro, otherwise don't use bleed
>>
>>339816405
Bleed Infusion is garbage beyond garbage.

If you take any weapon with innate bleed, and use Carthus Rouge instead of Bleed Infusion, and instead of 2 or such points of bleed being added on, it will damn near double your bleed rate. It's literally better to just go refined/sharp/heavy and buff with Rouge than bother with Bleed Infusion. Plus, if you slap on an element on an innate bleed weapon, it'll keep the bleed. You can't do that if you put on a Bleed Infusion. Slap some shit with burning carthus swords. Through buffs of course; 7 times out of 10, it's better to go with a buff item than infusion.
>>
>>339815973
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>339816405
>infuse it hollow
>get luck scaling
>don't lose much of the original scaling
>get +5 free luck
>can still put carthus rouge on it
The only one to blame here is your retarded ass
>>
>>339816635
>>339816772

I guess i cant have fun with bleed unless i either go balls deep on Luck or spend thousands of souls on rouge buffs.

does Lingering Dragoncrest increases the buff duration for these items?
>>
>>339816358
Dodge sideways not backwards
>>
File: 1464783591459.jpg (54 KB, 480x371) Image search: [Google]
1464783591459.jpg
54 KB, 480x371
>>339811630
you use the dark sword? tell me how good you are at PVP????? 1v1 me with nothing but a parrying dagger and a club
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.