[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it apparently so difficult to make a good Mario Party game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: they all fucking suck.png (3 MB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
they all fucking suck.png
3 MB, 1049x1500
Why is it apparently so difficult to make a good Mario Party game?
>>
Lack of passion and creativity
Also the fucking car
>>
>>339794557
This, along with attempts to casualize the series.
>>
Blame Konami.
Most of the amazing Marion Park games were made by Hudson Soft, and Konami bought them and subsequently kept them to developing games.
>>
you didn't like 8?
>>
>>339794181
https://youtu.be/U_RjQXie9Q0?t=6m13s
This is why. 9 and 10 were due to this thought process.
>>
>>339794181
>>339794557
>>339794896
The reason the system from MP 1-8 was dropped altogether was because the developers realized that there was really no player interactivity unless it was their turn, all you did was watch someone else take their turn on the screen. You arguably played 25% of the time, and that was boring.

The focus for newer Mario Partys is to make it so that all players are contributing to gameplay all the time, and their vision of that path is making it so that all players move together and face the pros (or cons) of the game as a team.
>>
>>339795529
Yeah instead of playing a good game 25% 9f the time you play a shit one 100% of the time
>>
>>339795329
not really

it's not as bad as 9/10/3D, but it's pretty fucking boring

>>339795529
>You arguably played 25% of the time, and that was boring.
that's still how it is though, at least in Island Tour, and there's even less play in that because there's not minigames every turn
>>
Hudson died.
>>
Mario Party will never be as fun or great as an adult as it was when you were younger.

If you somehow convince yourself otherwise, you are just lying to yourself.

No matter how many drunken hangouts you have with your coworkers on the one day you aren't all dead fucking tired from work, no matter how many twinkie and pocky and mountain dew get togethers to watch Game of Thrones and then play Mario Party, none of that matters.

Mario Party is always gonna be better when you are younger, years ago.

There will never be a new Mario Party that will live up to the standards of the Mario Party games you played when you are much younger.

It's never going to happen.
>>
>>339795529

That's what a board game is though. You take turns. Same with shit like Pokemon.
>>
>>339795529
They made it shit tho. I'm paying even less attention during the other players' turns now because I cannot strategically decide what to do since we're all going on the same linear path grabbing the same little stars that I can't plan how to get. I just roll the die and hope for the best, it's terrible. And since there are even less minigames now, I'm basically only paying attention 10% of the time. Don't even get me started on the boards that are now worse than ever.

Sure, watching others play their turn was never too much fun, but at least you got to see what their part of the board was like and what their strategy was.
>>
File: georgeofthejungleguidelaugh.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
georgeofthejungleguidelaugh.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>339796593
>pocky
>>
>>339796816
you make it sound like the problem is nostalgia and growing up

the problem is the damn car and the linear boards
>>
>>339796816
>play old ones as adults during drunken hangouts
literally whats the problem?
>>
F
>>
>>339796865
Even worse that the entire fucking board is a one-lane path in those games. At least Mario Party 8 had some entertaining minigames and sound spams to make up for it, but it was still a clear downgrade in series design. Before you had to pay attention to the board layout and try to best position yourself for stars/boo/not getting fucked by map effects/etc. Now it's literally 'roll high numbers except when you have to dodge this bad thing once or twice'. I mean sure, you could argue that the originals boiled down to this if you really think about it, but they still had the other angles going for them, and you still had to make decisions for yourself. There's a distinct lack of decision-making in Mario Party 9/10, and that's made a much harsher impact on the game quality than perhaps anyone at Nintendo has yet realized.
>>
>>339797362
Fuck, I don't even need to be drunk, and I can even play it with actual kids who get mad or glad as fuck at stuff just like I did. Kids didn't change and I didn't change, Mario Party just changed, and it was for the worse.
>>
>>339796816
Nice projecting faggot.
>>
>>339796816
playing the game drunk or high with a group of friends are always fun.
>>
File: 1446026368454.jpg (86 KB, 639x716) Image search: [Google]
1446026368454.jpg
86 KB, 639x716
>>339797481
F

rip bomberman
>>
File: 2663970-jeff+mario+party.jpg (35 KB, 491x526) Image search: [Google]
2663970-jeff+mario+party.jpg
35 KB, 491x526
Because they're shitty luck based games.
>>
>>339799880
Then why do you get rekt consistently, casual?
>>
>>339800074
Casuals are better at luck based games because it takes no skill.
>>
>>339800170
Proving my point that MP is not entirely luck based. I would argue that the first couple of ones have almost no luck involved since you can predict the dice roll.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.