[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch: Only Top Tier Heroes Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: 1452830955122.jpg (208 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1452830955122.jpg
208 KB, 1600x900
What heroes do you prefer to play if from each category?

>Offense
>Defense
>Tank
>Support

Do you enjoy the flexibility that comes with switching out heroes on the fly, or should you have to commit to one all game?
>>
File: Roadhog option.jpg (44 KB, 480x413) Image search: [Google]
Roadhog option.jpg
44 KB, 480x413
>Offense
pharah
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Roadhog
>Support
Lucio
>>
File: dva-screenshot-001.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dva-screenshot-001.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
D. Va is love - D. Va is life
>>
Nerf McCree and Lucio. Not in an extreme way, but some small changes need to be done.

McCree: Make him have an animation where he does something with his hand after fanning the hammer (blowing on it, for example), you can't reload or attack while this animation goes out and you can't roll out of it either

Lucio: Either make it so he can't heal himself or take away 50 HP from him.
>>
>Offense
Tracer - the movement feels so amazing.

>Defense
Torbjorn - his alt-fire shotty is more powerful than people give it credit for.

>Tank
Roadhog - if I feel confident that my team doesn't need a soaker, Reinhardt is backup-pick.

>Support
Zenyatta - not the shabbiest offence and a little immortality goes a long way. Mercy if my team need to be fed heals.
>>
>>339790521
>Genji
>Junkrat
>Reinhardt
>Zenyatta
I usually like to use one hero the whole game just to get more practice with them in different situations, but if my team really needs a certain hero at work, I'll switch.
>>
>>339790662

You just want to make life in her belly.
>>
>>339790521

USE THE CATALOG OR FUCK OFF TO /vg/ YOU CUNT
>>
>offense
>defense
Torbjorn
>tank
winston
>support
Lucio

I usually stick to Winston and Lucio(if we don't have support) for most fights.
>>
>>339790873

This thread is clearly about which heroes you'd prefer to play in which roles. There are no other threads about the topic at this time.
>>
>Offense
Genji
Soldier 76
>Defense
Junkrat
Torbjorn
>Tank
Reinhardt
Winston
>Support
Lucio
Mercy

I like playing a lot of characters
>>
>>339790891

I've always had a hard time playing Winston. I swear every time I roll that guy out, the first person that dies immediately picks Bastion.

He's like Bastion-bait.
>>
The 3 biggest pubstomp heroes (they're shit or less effective against coordination) are Roadhog, Reaper and Bastion.
>>
>>339790873

shut the fuck up faggot, use a filter

>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Torb
>Tank
D.Va
>Support
Zenyatta
>>
>>339790947

It's about the same fucking game, you retard. You could have posted your fucking OP in any one of the preexisting threads and had the same, if not greater response due to traffic.

You are the reson this board is a fucking shitshow right now. Thanks cunt.
>>
Pharah
Bastion
DVA/Winston
Mercy
>>
>>339790615
>pharah

Phara is one of those heroes I wish I could git gud at. Every time I pick her, I always end up playing semi-badly, barely maintaining a 1:1 KD ratio.

I really wish I had more skill at her, as she's amazing when I see people play her right.

And her ult is kinda' shit.
>>
>>339791093

Woops, meant Roadhog, not D.Va, she needs a buff.
>>
>>339791036
Bastion can be annoying to fight, when i see one, i try to sneak to it and throw a sheild on top of it so it cant attack me, then wittle away its HP. Or when it notices me, ill ult and try to take out as much hp as possible. As long as a mercy is pocketing it, that should be enough to take it down.
>>
>>339790662
I have seriously given D.va a shot, but I hate almost everything about her besides her E, and even it has problems (primarily that absorbing damage doesn't refund its own cooldown). Her kit is seriously disjointed/mismatched

Besides waifu-shit, why do people like this character?
>>
>>339791103

Fuck off. This board is not "one game per thread". Many threads about the same game can exist if the topics vary greatly, and at the time of creation the other Overwatch threads were just waifu-bait.

I want to hear what heroes people pick when forced to play an alternative role.
>>
>>339790671
Lucio doesn't need a nerf.
>>
>>339791364

She's fun
>>
>>339790521
i prefer to play not overwatch because not a blizzdrone
>>
>>339790521
>Do you enjoy the flexibility that comes with switching out heroes on the fly, or should you have to commit to one all game?

removing hero switching would break the game, we'd see even less variety than we already do, but the playerbase should realize that sometimes it's better to stick with an imperfect character choice just to build ult then to switch every minute as the combat situation changes.
>>
>>339790521
>pharrah
>bastion
>d.va
>zenyatta
>>
>>339791364
>Besides the waifu-shit

No, see, that's literally it.

She's a sexy young white Korean gamer girl in a skin-tight suit with a fucking mech.

She's weeb-bait of the highest degree. Of course people will love her.
>>
File: stats.png (2 MB, 1780x1001) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
2 MB, 1780x1001
>Offense
Mei
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Mei
>Support
Mei
>>
>>339791170
Right? When I see people playing her it's like they can stay in the air forever.
>>
>Offense
Genji for fun
McRee for serious
>Defense
Hanzo for fun
Widowmaker for serious
>Tank
Roadhog for fun
Reinhart for serious
>Support
Lucio for fun
Lucio for serious
>>
>>339791525

Then why join the thread? At best you gave it a free bump, at worst this thread flew to the top of the first page and some faggot was reminded he wanted to buy Overwatch.
>>
>>339791402
this

lucio's numbers only look good, because we don't have the raw data to consider, and I'm inclined to think that lucio's numbers are mostly because of chip healing, and people still go to health packs, but just heal to max wasting most of the health pack. In the over all it seems he just takes credit for healing people would already be getting, not to mention that chip healing while full looks good on paper but is mostly irrelevant to burst damage
>>
>Offense
Roadhog
>Defence
Roadhog
>Tank
Roadhog
>Support
Roadhog
>>
>>339790891
This guy has it down pat
>>
>>339791575
>>339791364

hit and run you mongs
>>
>>339790521

>Offense
>Defense
N/A
>Tank
N/A
>Support
Mercy

I pretty much only play Mercy and occasionally Lucio and Zen
>>
File: 1464510450686.png (790 KB, 1024x1027) Image search: [Google]
1464510450686.png
790 KB, 1024x1027
>>339790521
>Offense
McCree, I don't play offense much
>Defence
Bastion, I love mowing people down
>Tank
Zarya, sheilds and damage are great
>Support
Zenyatta is love, Zenyatta is life.
>>
>>339791364
mobile as fuck, borderline unkillable if you play her right, nuke is fun when it actually works, great squishy killer, gets a fucking jetpack.

she's fun, but she does need work.
>>
>Offense
Pharah
>Defense
Torbjorn
>Tank
Each one is so fun that I actually can't choose here between Winston, Roadhog, and Zarya.
>Support
Lucio
>>
>>339791534
>less variety

I can't speak for the Americans, but at my level (20) on the EU side, I usually see most heroes picked.

Hell there are very few heroes I don't play against at least a few times per day.

Is this a big problem on the NA side?
>>
>>339791576
Consider uninstalling
>>
>>339791534
Yeah. Most counters are just soft counters that really just mean you need to work with your team better. It's only times like you're playing Pharah and the enemy team has 2 soldiers and a widow that you really need to change.
>>
>Offense
McCree

>Defense
Symmetra

>Tank
Reinhardt or Zarya depending on the situation

>Support
Lucio
>>
>>339790521
I use pretty much everyone except Bastion, Zarya, and Zenyatta but my favourites are
>Offence
Pharah
>Defence
Mei
>Tank
D.Va
>Support
Lucio
>>
>>339791668
His speed boost makes him mandatory at higher levels of play along with the survivability that he provides for the mercy. Speed boost is fucking insanity in terms of how easily it allows you to bypass a chokepoint(in chokepoint-watch no less) and dump damage into the other team near instantly.
>>
>>339791576
>10 hours played
>10 hours Mei

You two deserve each other.

Seriously though, learn some other heroes.
>>
Tracer
Junkrat
Roadhog
Zenyatta

Tracer and Junkrat are the only heroes I ever feel like I make particularly skilful plays with.

Roadhog I don't even play as a tank, I play him as a flanker on maps that have multiple routes. His sustainability means he can often harass the enemy backline and keep multiple people tied up while getting a few kills, making it much easier for your frontline to push forward.

I like Lucio's kit more than Zenyatta's, but I cannot stand using Lucio's Mouse1, so I prefer Zenyatta purely on the basis that his Mouse1 actually feels like a weapon.
>>
File: Merci.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Merci.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>339791731

Pic related
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Junkrat
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Winston
>Support
Lucio
>>
Pharah

Junkrat

Reinheardt

Zenyatta
>>
>>339791668
The slippery little fuck is an enormous pain in the ass to kill without splash damage though, which gives him yet another reason to be required in every king of the hill team.
>>
>>339791595

There's a trick to it, I hear, where if you tap the spacebar juuust long enough you can maintain yourself quite a bit longer.

Someone who considered themselves a "Phara main" (I don't understand how the concept of "mains" apply to this game) argued that a good Phara should practically never touch the ground.
>>
>>339791771
I wouldn't say it's a big problem, it's more the fact that I almost never see a team without a Reinhardt, Mercy, and Widow. Some characters feel pretty "staple" at this point in the game, but I feel like that will change with balance patches. Yes, I also agree that Lucio is a generally better pick than Mercy, but I do see Mercy more.
>>
>>339791875
>average 1.2 eliminations

>only playing 4 characters

get some variety faggot.
>>
>>339790521
>Offence
Mcree people of all the Mcree, tracer, reaper and Mei players.
>Defense
Toblerone because of the billion tracer players
>Tank
Roadhog is the funnest, but because he's a worse Reinhardt I usually end up playing Rein.
>Support
Zenyatta is the only fun support in the game, and it blows that he is the worst.
>>
>>339790615
First post, best post. This is my exact set up. Occasionally I'll do Soldier 76 instead of Pharah, but that's dependent on the map and team comp.
>>
>>339791995

But I like Mercy and I excel at her as well as Lucio, I let my pocket do the killing
>>
>>339791481
She's fun because she's fun?

go fuck yourself

I asked for support for that assertion, and repeating the assertion does not help your case

>>339791693
>hit and run
she does chip damage, and self slows, how the hell do you hit and run? her fly mobility doesn't make up for tickle damage

>>339791762
>borderline unkillable if you play her right
and how do you do that?, because I've never seen a D.va I ran from, nor who survived any encounter, her hitbox is massive, has no health regen, and her tickle damage makes people run toward her, not away
When i see a d.va coming we kill them, and then kill them again

>nuke is fun when it actually works
It never works, it gets one person who was probably already CC'd
>>
File: 1463369558142.png (96 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1463369558142.png
96 KB, 500x475
>>339790521
>Offense
Soldier 76, I'm boring and I find his kit insanely useful for any situation.
>Defense
Mei since I'm a huge faggot and I love close quarters and annoying abilities.
>Tank
Reinhardt, don't really like tanks at all. Rein atleast is the most fun to play.
>Support
Zenyatta, does the most damage and you have to be awake to play him.
>>
>>339791668

I feel this too.

Say what you want about Mercy, but you can sorta' feel safe when she's healing you because there's a chance she can heal through incoming damage.

A Lucio won't do this in my experience.
>>
Why are these maps so broken. Temple of Anubis and Hanamura almost make having Torbjorn a win button
>>
>>339791870
Lucio's gun is fucking strong.
>>
>>339792078

I like the character because she's fun. That's my reason you uppity faggot.
>>
>>339792078
>ask why people think she is fun
>argue when they provide their reasons

nah m8
>>
>>339791845
Both Lucio and Mercy are mandatory because they're the only real healers.
>>
>>339791845
yeah but people don't fucking think he's overpowered because of his speed boost, they just see the 10k chip heal he did over 12 min
>>
Where the hell is DVa's head? Like on her mech? I swear I thought it was the window but I can never seem to tell.
>>
>>339791756
>Bastion
>>
>>339792189
They do that and have insane utility(Lucio) or the most broken ult in the game(mercy) Zen has strictly worse healing and utility, and a worse ult than both of them. Discord is fucking OP though so its the only reason I don't write him off completely.
>>339792206
They really do, at low levels it just seems like its the healing, wait until you play against coordinated teams that actually use the speed boost. Its beyond overwhelming in a game where everyone moves like they are trudging through molassus.
>>
>>339792078
>she's fun because she's fun? go fuck yourself

How about you take the stick out your ass and calm down. It's called difference in opinion and taste. Don't nobody gotta explain shit to your entitled ass.
>>
>>339792152
But if someone is moving horizontally relative to you, it's virtually impossible to land more than one shot from the burst and that drives me mental.

I hate Genji's mouse 1 for the same reason.
>>
>>339792454
Learn to lead your shots, senpai.
>>
>>339792174
>point out they didn't provide reasons
ftfy
"Just because" is not a reason its a vapid answer given by mental deficient. A lobotomy would improve their response

>>339792171
You are the retard who makes conversations idiotic
what kind of reaction do you think "why X" being answered with "just because X" will cause?
>>
>>339790521
>Offense

>Defense
junkrat

>Tank
roadhog

>Support
fuck this role

I don't see a reason why you should have to commit to a hero, it makes sense in MOBAs because of the mechanics MOBAs have but in a class based FPS where people can drop in or out at any given moment you need to be flexible
>>
>>339792429
I didn't say they can't have their opinion, I asked why its their opinion, and They don't know why so they use "just because" like an infant, instead of just saying that they don't know why

Why not put the stick up your ass, it might give you a better point
>>
>>339792095
>play Roadhog because fuck yeah, Straya'
>go up against Mai
>keep dancing around her icicles
>decide to go in for the hook-shotgun-to-the-head combo as she's down to her 50% HP and I think I can pull it off
>don't notice she's been slowly freezing me
>my hook gets frozen mid-air as it heads towards her while I stand still like a mongoloid

I fucking hate Mei, but I will admit that I was just downright outplayed.
>>
>>339791815
>Defense
>Symmetra
I see what you did there

she really belongs in that role if you ask me, there's nothing worse than someone picking symmetra as the only support on the team
>>
>>339792354
Zenyatta would be good if he had some way to protect himself but putting him in support is kind of dumb when you consider that Soldier is a better healer than him and Zen's biggest strength is his damage.
>>
>>339792240
The window on her mech
>>
File: RIP Tire.webm (3 MB, 1024x760) Image search: [Google]
RIP Tire.webm
3 MB, 1024x760
I play Zenyatta and throw rocks at people and get bullied by Widowmaker.
>>
Is there a Roadhog-Pacha meme? If not, there should be.
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Soldier 76
>Defense
Torb or Mei
>Tank
Reinhardt
>Support
Lucio or the chick with the teleporter... I like turrets, fuck you
>>
>>339792886
>2 kills is POTG

I can't stand this.

I don't know who on the coding team thought THIS would fucking do for a POTG-algorithm, but picking a double-kill as the POTG is madness unless the team is really fucking awful.

But when a Mercy 5-man ressurects it still gets overshot by some Genji getting a double-kill.
>>
>>339792907
>I like turrets
>"I'm not good at video games so I let the games play themselves as I watch"

Literally (You) right now.
>>
>All this support for Lucio

He shouldn't be a better healer than Mercy since he doesn't need to think to heal and is still capable of outputting decent dps and crowd control.
>>
>>339793090
Ult shutdowns and saving someone from death like a Roadhog hook or McCree flashbang contribute highly to PotG. That one was an ult shutdown.
>>
>>339793090
Nothing will be play of the game if it isn't next to the capture point/payload
>>
File: 1462829181925.png (796 KB, 1920x1100) Image search: [Google]
1462829181925.png
796 KB, 1920x1100
>Offense
Pharah
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Roadhog or Reinhardt if I need to
>Support
Mercy or Zen
>>
>>339793090
It was a highlight, but yeah. The PotG system is fucking stupid.
>>
>>339793090
Mercy ult doesn't take any more skill, dude.
>>
>>339793173

>HIS PLAYSTYLE IS DIFFERENT FROM MINE RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: AotG.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AotG.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339792907
>>339793173
Symmetras "turrets" are less turrets and more small peudo-AoE slows

If you don't pay attention they are useless

Meanwhile torb gets fucking PotG and is afk fapping
>>
>>339792907

the turrets destroy. set em up at choke points, maintain a reasonably adequate defense, watch the other team cry and cry
>>
>offense
pharah/76
>defense
junkrat is love
>tank
zarya, holy shit why didn't I play her sooner
>support
lucio best allrounder, but zenyatta is more fun
>>
>>339790671
Lucio already had an hp nerf.
>>
>all these people playing Roadhog

Good job feeding the enemy team Ults, there's a reason why he's in the bottom 3 along with Mei and Hanzo.
>>
File: 1462921016017.jpg (44 KB, 540x335) Image search: [Google]
1462921016017.jpg
44 KB, 540x335
>Offense
Phara
>Defense
Junkrat or WM
>Tank
D. Va
>Support
Lucio
>>
File: ow.png (914 KB, 1418x466) Image search: [Google]
ow.png
914 KB, 1418x466
I'm trying to play more shit but everyone always picks offense and shit first and I don't mind support

whatever, I'm not great anyway. Still think it's fun.
>>
>Offense
Pharah
>Defense
Bastion
>Tank
The Hog
>Support
Mercy
>>
>>339793579
I regularly get gold medals for eliminations and damage with Roadhog, and I can waste the time of 2-3 enemy players as they chase me through back alleys trying to kill me after I hook/OHKO their healer.

Until I get to a level where people actually listen for my jingling and know where I'm flanking from, Roadhog is top tier.

Even then I reckon he's still gonna be my go-to on any map you can hook someone into a pit.
>>
>>339793340
https://youtu.be/Aqksc8F-kEo
>>
>>339793579
I play him purely for selfish reasons

playing a tank like winston or reinhardt in pubs is a nightmare when people won't pick lucio or mercy, or when they do they don't heal properly
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Genji
>>
>Offense
Reaper
>Defense
Widowmaker
>Tank
Everyone but D.VA is fun but if I have to choose one, it'd be Roadhog
>Support
Zenyatta
>>
>>339793579
Its a shame that he does this, he's easily one of the most fun characters in the game.
>>
>Offense
Zenyatta
>Defense
Zenyatta
>Tank
Zenyatta during his ult
>Support
Mercy
>>
>>339793330

Timing and placing so that you end up in the sweet-spot between 5 fucking allies is no easy matter.
>>
>Offense
Pharah
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Cant choose between Winston, Roadhog, D.va, and Zarya
>Support
Lucio or Zenyatta
>>
>>339793579
Shotguns are pretty much the only weapon I like in FPS games, and Reaper is overplayed. I don't have much choice. I'm praying for a Scout ripoff.
>>
>>339793090
>>339793316
>>339793278
>>339793268

I think the entire POTG system requires a rework.

The way endorsements are handled is much better than the POTG system works now.

Endorsements should show up first, and whoever gets the most endorsements should win "a moment to shine" with their best move as POTG.
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Soldier 76
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
D. Va
>Support
Lucio

>Do you enjoy the flexibility that comes with switching out heroes on the fly, or should you have to commit to one all game?
I believe switching is fine for quick play. However, I feel that ranked matches would be more fun with one pick for each of the three rounds. So you could switch team composition between rounds.

Or a limited amount of picks, for example 5 per game per person.
>>
>>339793340

That's actually kinda' funny though.

>racking up the kills while staring up the sniper's skirt

Life is good when you're Torbjorn.
>>
File: fighting roadhogs.jpg (262 KB, 720x501) Image search: [Google]
fighting roadhogs.jpg
262 KB, 720x501
>>339790521
have some OC
>>
>>339793579
Yeah most people who play him are aware that he's bad. They do it because he's a joy to play. Grabbing and 1-shotting people is so satisfying. Same reason why Pudge is so popular in Dota.
>>
>>339793579

Calm down m8.
>>
>>339794173
You really should give the enemy less ult charge if you are Hog, he's such an easy target to blast, no need for him to have so many downsides.
>>
>>339794112
Its funnier because its the PotG and EVERYONE saw it at the match end
>>
>>339793791
>Genjifags

I can wait 2 seconds. When those 2 seconds pass there is no more Genji.
>>
Junkrat
Rein
Lucio

I want to git gud with winston, zenny, and genji though
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Zarya
>Support
Zenyatta
>>
Pharah is way too fucking easy to score kills with. The rockets travel so fucking fast, might as well be hitscan at medium distance. And concussion blast is fucking retarded as a skill, it's like Lucio's but you don't even need to be close at all so on maps like Nepal you can solo defend.
>>
>>339794251
This

additionally Zarya at 400 hp, half shields, that effectivly means she gets a a free half health recharge every 3 seconds, meanwhile roadhog needs a dedicated heal button, thats not always available and becomes immobile while healing
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Zenyatta
>Defense
Zenyatta
>Tank
Zenyatta
>Support
Zenyatta
>>
>>339794054

I agree with your opinion on the pick-rule. Most people aren't going to remember Longasiannamehere but they're going to remember Theguywhoplayedthatawesomemercy.

I'm still not sure if Blizzard are actually pushing for this being an e-sport or not though.

If they literally just WANT it to be something for casual-play, then I guess it's fine as it is?
>>
>Offense
Genji or Reaper
>Defense
Junkrat or Toblerone
>Tank
Zarya or Winston
>Support
Mercy or Zen

I will also auto use Lucio in KOTH cause he's just silly broken in them but i don't enjoy it.
>>
>>339794135

Haha, that's actually not bad. Consider it saved for future bullying of Pharafags.
>>
The only thing I will never get about Phara is why her ult falls off at range.

It seems like an ult that would be so good at flushing a Sniper out of her/his hiding place, but instead it's mostly used for close-range fights.
>>
>>339794054
>those picks
Are you me? Though sometimes I'll do Reinhardt for tanking.
And sometimes Bastion for Defense when I wanna be a cheesy cunt.
>>
>>339793090
I just went along with the POTG system being a gag thing that nobody had to take seriously. I doubt you can make an effective scoring system while being correct, too.
>>
>>339791364
She's a weebafu who plays vidya

That's really it
>>
>>339793234
Because Lucio's play style is about knowing when to heal, when to speed boost, when to amp, when to hang back and when to help push up. He won't outheal Mercy except if the entire team is stacked up taking small tick damage. They do different things and are best used together.
>>
Just played my first 2.5 hours of the game.

So far all I've played is Winston, Reinhardt, Soldier, and Pharah.

I don't like Winston at all, Phara is fun, Reinhardt is loadsafun.
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to use concussion blast? Sometimes I I'll direct hit them and they'll go like 2 feet and other times I'll hit a while 50 ft away and they'll go flying. Also why is the cool down so long for it?
>>
>>339794794
same way you use lucio's pushback
>>
>>339791364
She's the tank with the highest mobility, which makes her fun.
>>
File: 1464427377437.gif (674 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
1464427377437.gif
674 KB, 414x317
>mfw playing pharah for the first time
>>
>>339794794
Use it like a adult in a middle school dance.
And break people up from getting to close to each other
>>
>>339794945
>Winston
>Reinheart
>>
>>339794794
Pharah's knockback is better used for knocking yourself away from danger than knocking enemies away.
>>
File: whole hog.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
whole hog.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>339791672
I once played a match against six Roadhogs. It was fucking awful.
>>
>>339795113

We had that exact same match, so we decided to cheese them with McCree.
>>
>>339790521
Offense
its high noon
Defence
iron forge
tank
german with shield
support
zenyatta
>>
>>339795029
>Reinhardt
A dash in one direction you can barely control
>Winston
Closer but you still don't have the same control as D.Va.
>>
File: junkrat and roadhog.jpg (703 KB, 901x750) Image search: [Google]
junkrat and roadhog.jpg
703 KB, 901x750
>Offense
Reaper originally but starting to like Tracer more and more.

>Defense
Junkrat

>Tank
Zarya if playing with friends, Roadhog otherwise.

>Support
On Defense Symmetra, on Offense Zenyatta.
>>
>>339795113
So did I and even though we won it was still really not fun. 6 soldier is worse though.
>>
>>339794731

I don't know, I think it's doable. The endorsement system already does a pretty solid job of showing when someone's done well in their given ROLE.

POTG just seems to award to whoever had the highest kill-chain.
>>
File: Unfortunate.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Unfortunate.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>339790521
Pharah

Junkrat

Zarya

Mercy
>>
File: --.png (497 KB, 818x465) Image search: [Google]
--.png
497 KB, 818x465
Why can't Zenyatta just have 175 Health? getting 1 shot by Widowmaker and 2 shot by Reinhardt is just burdensome.

I can't even care that he has absolutely no mobility or speed, especially compared to the other support (speed boost, revive, teleporter), If he is gonna be a power monk healer, at least let him survive more than a single shot.

There is a glass cannon and then there is just being an unstable bomb.
>>
File: 1464203335932.jpg (164 KB, 1721x819) Image search: [Google]
1464203335932.jpg
164 KB, 1721x819
>>339790521
>Offense
McCree, Reaper, 76, Tracer
>Defense
Bastion, Junkrat, Torbjorn, Widowmaker
>Tank
D.Va, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Winston
>Support
Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta
>>
>>339790671
They already said they are changing Fan the Hammer so he doesn't insta-kill shields/barrier and tanks.
>>
File: 1464922532854.jpg (134 KB, 1007x827) Image search: [Google]
1464922532854.jpg
134 KB, 1007x827
I only play Junkrat and Lucio
>>
>>339795203
>control over 2 seconds

why you so impatient to get to your death so fast?

D.va's control over her mobility is useless, because shes impotent when she gets there
>>
>>339794770

Reinhardt is fun, but you should consider trying a support champion too. Lucio is very powerful right now, and you'll be an evasive little motherfucker.
>>
>>339790521
>mcree
>Torbjorn
>roadhouse
>zenyatta
>>
File: 600px-D.Va_Skin_Scavenger.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-D.Va_Skin_Scavenger.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
>Offense
Soldier 76
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
D.Va
>Support
Mercy

I switch around constantly though, as long as I'm filling a role.
>>
File: six million hours in paint.jpg (93 KB, 743x742) Image search: [Google]
six million hours in paint.jpg
93 KB, 743x742
>>
So we can agree that:

>Need small buff tier
D.va (less critbox on mech + something else), Symmetria (30 shield), Zenyatta (Left click orb now deals 50 from 45, allowing him to discord[+50%] 1HKO 150HP heroes)

>Need small nerf tier
Widowmaker, McCree
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Genji, although I'm starting to really enjoy Pharah
>Defense
Hanzo
>Tank
Reinhardt (I don't play tank much)
>Support
Lucio
>>
>>339795386
Because zooming around the map is fun. That's why I play video games.
>>
File: 1463925494376.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463925494376.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Offense:
Soldier 76
Defense:
Hanzo
Tank:
D.Va
Support:
Mercy (Main)
>>
>>339790521

>Offense
Soldier: 76
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Hate tanks, but Reinhardt
>Support
Mercy. I'm deeply in love with Mercy.
>>
>>339795389

Yeah, the last match I played had one and he was a surprisingly tough little dubstep rollerblade negro motherfucker.

I'll probably give him a try tomorrow.
>>
>>339795505
I agree, I'm pretty sick or McCree
>>
>>339791986
>a good Phara should practically never touch the ground
I don't see how that could be possible without getting sniped out of the sky. Phara is great for flanking from above, but once people get wise it turns into Duck Hunt. Especially when JUSTICE RAINS FR- AHHH!
>>
File: wub wub wub.png (617 KB, 1240x1259) Image search: [Google]
wub wub wub.png
617 KB, 1240x1259
>>339795493
>>
>>339795505
Aren't there only 3 150 heroes.

Tracer, D.va out of mech and Zeny?
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Reaper. He feels too good. Soldier 76 is also excellent. I literally cannot use any of the other heroes competently.

>Defense
Junkrat for "fine, fuck it" modes. I use Mei sparingly because I enjoy her kit and have long before the "NERF HER" meme shit. I'm trying to get good as Widowmaker. Just give me a PoTG. Just once. Please. Jesus.

>Tank
Winston is my go-to if I see a competent team line up that can support him. I love giving teams Hot Monkey Dick when applicable. Otherwise it's D.Va. Reinhardt feels great as well but until I unlock an outfit for him he's sitting on the sidelines.

>Support
Symmetra. We share similar names and I love fucking people with her. When I first saw her I felt she was the weakest hero. Don't know how I fell into her but I haven't looked back.
>>
>>339790521
Tracer
Mei
Roadhog
Zenyatta

Yeah my choices are all bottom tier garbage except Tracer. What of it? They're fun.
>>
>>339795505
>Zen
>needing more damage

Retard.
>>
File: 1462429722975-v.png (2 MB, 1390x1640) Image search: [Google]
1462429722975-v.png
2 MB, 1390x1640
>>339794945
>being a bumpsyfag
>>
>>339795505

Widowmaker doesn't "need a small nerf".

She needs a more solid counter. She can peak-and-kill almost anything without having any real counter to speak of except maybe Phara who can very easily be out-played.

Widowmaker doesn't need a re-design, she needs a hero who can actually deal with her.
>>
>>339795743
he needs mobility if anything imo
>>
>>339795505
zen is fine lad
>>
>offense
McCree
>defense
McCree
>tank
McCree
>support
McCree

Heh. Too easy. Someone call the undertaker.
>>
>>339795534
losing, because your tank is zooming around the map, and not playing the objective, is not fun
>>
>>339790615
>>339792003
My niggas. This is my exact setup but add Reinhardt
>>
>>339795787
her counter is D.va who is shit except for taking out widowmaker
>>
>Entire team gets their shit pushed in by one widowmaker
>While on defense
Just nerf the bitch into the ground. This shit playerbase will never be able to adapt to her
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 396x388
>every game on console past 40 is 6 stacks
>all thats played is lucio+tracerx2+3 of whatever
I feel for the console is fun with friends meme
>>
File: DARK_TWISTED.jpg (113 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
DARK_TWISTED.jpg
113 KB, 960x540
>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Reinhardt
>Support
Lucio
>>
>>339795570

Don't forget that he's also canonically ultra-liberal and believes in peace, tolerance, and freedom of gender.

Congratulations, you will never truly like him.
>>
>>339795778

oh god, she IS Bumpsy.
>>
>>339795787
>Widowmaker doesn't need a re-design

nigger she needs a cooldown between firing while scoped
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 960x960
>Offense
Reaper, great movement abilities, invulnerability that can be used into his ult, can heal by getting kills.

>Defense
Hanzo bc infinite arrow spam & broken ult and I'm not enough of a faggot to use bastion.

>Tank
D. Va bc infinite bullet spam, jet pack, & self destructing mech suit. Also she a cute.

>Support
Mercy just bc it's fun I guess.
>>
>>339795787
What kind of god tier pharahs are hard counters to widow?

Pharah is like the weakest against her.
>>
>>339795631
>JUSTICE RAINS FR-...
>[Hooks intensify]
>>
>>339795113
>not also picking roadhog
>>
>Offense
Reaper, I like the teleport to get around and the 3 secs of invulnerability really helps for getting out of some bad situations.

>Defense
Junkrat, traps are really useful in narrow areas and his ult can devastate if used on clustered enemies

>Tank
Roadhog, hooking and instakilling most smaller heroes never gets old and the self heal really helps when you're off on your own

>Support
OH LET'S BREAK IT DOWN
>>
>>339795951

An airborn-Phara is a sitting duck for Widowmaker. A stationary Phara firing from afar can easily get in 3 rockets before Widowmaker wises up to what's heading her way.

It happens all the time. I play Widowmaker quite a lot.
>>
so other than balancing heroes what else should they fix in the next patch?

no turret potg
remove the 'sharpshooter' potg since most of time they end up being garbage

slap 20 seconds on the waiting for match estimate
>>
>Offense
Edgeman

>Defense
Joker

>Tank
Piggu

>Support
Cocksleeve
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>339796161
>can get one hit by widowmaker
>a damage boosted direct hit pharah rocket cant one hit
>>
>Offense
Tracer - good damage output with good survivability
>Defense
Mei - good damage, survivability, and stun disruption
>Tank
Roadhog - GUESS WHAT, good damage and survivability, plus stun disruptor
>Support
Zenyatta - Best character design, good for offensive support
>>
>>339796192
1 hero per team limit in quick play
>>
File: highnoonAD.jpg (80 KB, 553x600) Image search: [Google]
highnoonAD.jpg
80 KB, 553x600
>>339790521
>>Offense
Mccree
>>Defense
Mccree
>>Tank
Mccree
>>Support
Mccree

Its High noon somewhere
>>
File: tumblr_o7rhakuwVP1vuge5do1_500.png (192 KB, 447x205) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7rhakuwVP1vuge5do1_500.png
192 KB, 447x205
>>339796219
>Cocksleeve
High-five my omnic brother
>>
File: 1464640626663.png (340 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1464640626663.png
340 KB, 700x900
>Offense
Mei
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Mei
>Support
Mei
>>
>>339795493
>>339795646
How the fuck is lucio fun to play ? I only play him when I just want to win the game. Fucking boring character 2bh
>>
>>339795884

I too fell for this meme. I did however also buy it on PC, and it really is more fun.
>>
>>339796192
They absolutely need to add a new support that can compete with Lucio and Mercy. I am so fucking sick of playing Lucio, hate Mercy, and if any little thing goes wrong while playing the only fun support (Yatta) everyone beefs on you.

What's with this game being so toxic? It's not even got as many of the reasons MOBAs do
>>
>>339796192
You can only play a sniper twice in a row before you have to wait six matches
>>
>>339796528
I believe you are actually contributing to the team's victory.
This is the boring way to play Lucio
>>
>>339791364

Because it's a cool concept, and she's hot, so people try their best to make her work.

Her playstyle is fun in theory, they need to make her better at it.
>>
>>339796528
>wall riding everywhere
>knocking niggers off the payload
>ulting off a roof
>>
>Quick Play
>Attack
>Hollywood
>entire team picks Torbjorn
>we all stack our level 2 turrets on the car
>win

Trollmatches are best matches.
>>
>put in an instantly losing game (like in the literal sense)
>0 exp awarded

That's not fair Blizzard
>>
>>339796758
>team keeps getting their shit rocked
>don't change tactics at all
they deserve it
>>
>>339796758
>Pick bastion
>obliterate everything on the car
>>
>>339796458
are you >>339791576
?
>>
>>339796579

Do you play NA? Because no one talks EU, so there's no toxicity going around.

I once had a guy who was a real shithole that boasted being the best Genji (lol!) but everyone just ignored him.

That's probably the only case of smacktalk I've experience in my 20 levels thus far on EU.
>>
>>339796860
fucking hate this shit
shouldnt be counted as a loss if you join within 1 minute of losing
>>
>>339796740
>ulting off a roof

Gotta try that some time, sounds cash as fuck.
>>
>>339796860
I hate that. Loading up Defense Gibraltar and being fucking dominated with only a minute left into the map. Then being on Gibraltar attack and getting fucking dominated again.
>>
File: roadhog_by_faebelina-d9q5d00.jpg (2 MB, 2743x2787) Image search: [Google]
roadhog_by_faebelina-d9q5d00.jpg
2 MB, 2743x2787
>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Mei
>Tank
Roadhog
>Support
Lucio

Everyone should commit to one all game but im sometimes forced to change character for balance
>>
>>339796924
>thinking you can do shit against MOLTEN CORE
>>
>>339794054
I agree with this. It's really frustrating when matches stop becoming, "let's play the hero's we like and have a good time "and turn into "let's counter their counter to our counter picks for their team comp."
>>
>>339790521
>Offense
Reaper or Soldier 76
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Roadhog or Reinhardt
>Support
Lucio
>>
>winston gets play of the game
>Every time it is just him W+M1 the entire team
>>
Can we all agree that attack is a lot harder than defense in this game?

Also, how the fuck is there no "Death Match" or maybe a "Team Death Match"? How can this game ape arena-shooters without these modes?
>>
>>339795807
Reindhart is really the only tank that can do that tho, every other tank is made for disruption of some sort.
>>
File: 1419886904094.png (441 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1419886904094.png
441 KB, 4500x4334
>>339790521
>Offense
Reaper
>Defense
Reaper
>Tank
Reaper
>Support
Reaper
>>
Mei
Mei
Mei
Mei
>>
>>339795906
He's a freedom fighter fighting against Symmetra's organization.
>>
File: tracer.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tracer.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
>>339790521
youtube.com/watch?v=QYtOlVqiZII
tracer
>>
>>339797148
>Reaperfags

You cunts ruin games.
>>
>>339790521
Galilea
Toby
Montana
Reyna
>>
Pharah is fucking garbage. Her rockets barely do any damage and she's squishy as hell.
>>
>>339790521

>Offense
Genji
>Defense
Junkrat
>Tank
Reinhardt, trying to get used to Zarya
>Support
Lucio (dat boi)
I like the switching and the counterplay, though I wish I could play something besides support more often.
>>
>>339797186

How was that lucky? I've seen plenty of Tracers get out of falling down by reverting time.

It's honestly more impressive when Phara does it because the cooldown on her blast-off ability is so long.
>>
>>339791958

I dunno if I'm just good at Roadhog, but I hook him all the time and beat his black ass into the ground

Maybe it's because I play against arrogant Lucios who think that they can't get hit? Or Roadhog's hook hitbox is way too large.
>>
>>339797132
Because it's not. The way different classes work with each other relative to the objective is the core of the game. If you want death match you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>339797287

The way I play is that I always go in, and lock the hero I really WANT to play right away. Then I wait and see how my team fills out.

If my team has any clear weaknesses (no support/tank/sniper) I change to accommodate.

Just always make sure no one else is more eager to do so, and you'll end up playing your number 1 pick most of the time.
>>
>>339792550
Why are anti-D.vaFags so absolutely retarded?
>>
>>339793990
Torb has a nice shotty too
>>
File: 037.png (278 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
037.png
278 KB, 500x281
>>339797297
well then again it depends on how often you use phara's blast off...because then in that case if you're just walking and you end up falling down the hole, you could just thrust out, or if it's up use your blast off.
So in this case Pharah has two ways of escaping situations like that, where Tracer only has one.
>blink
You can only blink left right forward backward, you can't blink up, so reverse time ability is your only option to survive that type of shit for tracer.
>>
File: dva_stats.jpg (62 KB, 999x339) Image search: [Google]
dva_stats.jpg
62 KB, 999x339
>>339791364
I play her every so often. I love how she's the most mobile tank. She absolutely ruins the days of snipers and supports. Nothing seems to surprise them more to suddenly have a mech auto-shotgunning them in the face out of nowhere.

Can't wait until Blizzard buffs her, I'll only become even more unstoppable.
>>
>>339795778
Rock-Out Randal > the rest
>>
>>339797190
>hating based reaperbro when he's best flanking hero, crushing defense with no survivors
>>
What if flashbang just put all abilities on cooldown for like a second or two
>>
>>339797510

Well no, a Tracer that's on the WAY down the hole can blink out of it as long as she can reach the ledge. THAT'S an impressive feat to pull off.

Giving her technically 2 ways to escape too.

I love that picture though.
>>
File: 324px-Tracer-portrait.png (117 KB, 324x350) Image search: [Google]
324px-Tracer-portrait.png
117 KB, 324x350
>>339797724
True, but thats only if she can reach the ledge, listen lmao I was just happy as fuck I pulled that off and then managed to turn around and kill junkrat and escape afterwards...and yeah it's a nice pic...although I don't beat off to any of that really...
>>
>>339797583
>not maining One Shot Johnny
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-03_00-23-00.png (29 KB, 751x251) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-03_00-23-00.png
29 KB, 751x251
Symmetra is auto-win on defense.
>>
>>339796758
Don't lie, you guys didn't even unlock the cart.
>>
File: 1462050664405.jpg (51 KB, 250x390) Image search: [Google]
1462050664405.jpg
51 KB, 250x390
>tfw you finally have your first amazing game as Hanzo and your team fucking sucks
>>
>>339797624
Gotta love being a sneaky faggot and racking up the the kills.
>>
what is facetanking?
>>
>>339791756
>McCree and Bastion
You only need Roadhog there to be a total ass.
>>
>>339792708
>>Why not put the stick up your ass, it might give you a better point
Savage.
>>
>Offense
Pharah is who I'm best at, despite my decent runs as Reaper.
>Defense
Torbjorn is my boy, turrets, ammo packs, going molten core and just distracting people with the lava midget they have to fight now. I would've said Junkrat but I only ever use him on offense.
>Tank
Reinhardt is the only one I've had any luck with, I can't get up on people as Roadhog and I whiff his hook, D.Va is weird, Winston is fun but I don't feel like he's that useful, and how Zarya works is a mystery to me.
>Support
Lucio. Mercy is okay, but I can't for the life of me play Zenyatta, I just die every time I pop my head out of spawn.
>>
>>339791998
>Zenyatta is the only fun support in the game, and it blows that he is the worst.
He's good if there's a Reinhardt but really ONLY if there's a Reinhardt. He's too slow and squishy to be exposed at any time.
>>
>Tracer
>Junkrat
>Winston
>Mercy
Winston is fucking insane, no idea why people don't play him often, I can always kill Widows in the back as soon as the doors open
>>
>>339796959
Yeah I play NA. I've never heard anyone over voice but in chat there's just constant
>gg ez
>ez win
>x learn to play you fucking lost the game for us
>x stop throwing
>x I have more y than you and I'm not even z
>>
>>339798336
Walking face first into oncoming damage
>>
I play to counter whatever is killing most of my teammates
I've found junkrat is pretty good at breaking a defensive stalemate
>>
>>339797015
>Everyone should commit to one all game

I *always* have to swap to Winston to go chase down their enemy sniper
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.