[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you import Japanese games or do you emulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: ps2-dodonpachi-dai-ou-jou-front.jpg (228 KB, 676x800) Image search: [Google]
ps2-dodonpachi-dai-ou-jou-front.jpg
228 KB, 676x800
Do you import Japanese games or do you emulate
>>
>>339785993
Why import ps2 games when their companies don't get money for purchases anymore?
It's easy to just burn discs for ps2 anyway.
>>
>>339785993
I just started to emulate since my BC PS3s keep dying. Fucking done, I've given my money over too many times, now I cheat and they can blame themselves.

Emulation isn't perfect but it is better than paying that tremendous extra cost for import and a possible council.
>>
>>339785993
i got my only ps3 games, gundam VS, because we ain't getting them for PS3 or any new ones for PS4 if they decide to make them for it in english

i know we getting the vita one, but i want one on a console people will buy it on.
>>
>>339787654
bc ps3 are dying and there just aint parts to fix them anymore like the millions of ps2 that were around
>>
>>339785993
Pretty much all my games are imports. No reason to wait for the English release when I can import the JP version and finish it before it even gets released here.
>>
>>339787802
so is this ACTUALLY GOOD or just /v/ bullshitting?

like an SO2 good or SO4 bad?
>>
>>339787924
It's really similar to Star Ocean 1 in pretty much all aspects besides combat. It's a pretty average JRPG.
>>
I live in Japan.
I download most games digitally from US PSN, Nintendo Network, and Steam
>>
>>339788034
aw man
nothing puts it above average RPG, even with it being star ocean?
>>
>>339787774
Yeah, I know. They've become a rarity, too. Those retards at Sony fuckers are also refusing to release a system that'd play their fucking games and want to rent them out. If they made a system that played PS1, 2, 3, PSP and vita games it would fucking sell like no tomorrow but instead they want to rent the games out or sell them again.

Fuck 'em, Emulation, and like I said, they brought this on themselves.
>>
>>339788237
If you really enjoyed Star Ocean 1, you'll love 5. Otherwise it's a pretty average game. It's better than 4.
>>
I import.

Anyone else getting the new 3DS Taiko?
>>
>>339788297
im just glad that even the newest ps3 can STILL play ps1 games
>>
File: 1455762165099.jpg (48 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1455762165099.jpg
48 KB, 500x557
I've purchased a few for my vita and ps3.

I emulate or pirate the rest.
>>
>>339788891
I actually heard that all PS3s are capable of playing PS2 games, they just locked it because HD remakes were becoming a thing and they wanted to be able to charge you for PS2 games in the form of digital sales.
>>
>>339789743
that sounds like BS because im sure SOMEONE would have found out about it and hacked the shit out of it by now
>>
>>339789857
>>339789743
This is true(fully software emulation) and yes they have. CFW allows you to use Sony's emulator for any game.
>>
>>339789857
There you go.
Sony got greedy on more than one occasion, their mp3 player was great but was apparently actually designed to fail at a specific time so you had to replace it, but since it failed it couldn't be repaired. With the PS3 they used sub par thermal paste and pads for the processors. If they had put in a higher quality paste it would've added so much life to the fatso PS3s.
>>
>>339785993
Pirate everything, then import games I enjoy.
>>
File: vespeeeria.jpg (263 KB, 408x576) Image search: [Google]
vespeeeria.jpg
263 KB, 408x576
Emulate games from ps2 era and older, but considering importing PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia because I felt cheated by the 360 version.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.