[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real nigga talk:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
What went so horribly wrong?

The controls in this game are god-tier, but everything else is garbage. Forget about the story. The level design is redundant bullshit. Every mission has a million different ways to be completed, with no hint at which rout is most effective. The game just becomes trial and error if you try to use stealth. It's almost always just easier and quicker to kill everyone. The goals in each mission are extremely boring too, and by the 5th mission, I noticed I was already infiltrating the same bases. Also, it's possibly the worst use of open world I've seen in a game. Everything looks the same, and there are no unique locations or anything worthwhile to discover.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>white
>"nigga"
>>
>>339785579
Sorry Billy Bob I mean "niggER"
>>
Even in Ground Zeroes, Big Boss looked nothing like any iteration of Snake ever.
>>
>>339785345
>Million ways to complete a mission with no hand holding
>bad thing

>I'm bad at stealth

3/10 made me reply
>>
>>339785935
It really doesn't seem like the devs tried to strategically place enemies or make any cool routs to utilize. Games like Deus Ex HR and Hitman BM have such great level design in comparison.
>>
>>339785345

Wrong ?

Nope, it just incomplete perfect stealth game.
>>
>>339785345

Most of the attraction of the game is the facebook-tier base development. Afterwards, it gets old really quick and there is no reason to keep playing since the story is hot garbage.

Not to mention all of the fucking save bugs.
>>
>>339785345
>too many ways to be completed
>mad cuz bad

lmao
>>
>>339787539
>perfect stealth game.

hang yourself
>>
The way I expected it from the E3 2013 trailer:

>Snake gets air dropped in the middle of Afghan wilderness
>Has to subsist on weapons and ammo he can find
>Neutral/friendly NPCs will help/hide Snake if he in turn helps out their villages
>Missions are varied, various factions are fighting each other while you infiltrate them among the chaos, etc
>Expeditions away from base last many in-game days, and if you don't do something by a certain time, there are consequences (e.g. Majora's Mask)
>Returning to base would be a treat; you would often have to save your game in the middle of a field

I never played Portable Ops. I was innocent.
>>
>>339788141
It's actually very easy if you just kill everyone you see, but that just makes it feel like it's not a MGS game.
>>
Quiet with her last rifle is so strong. You can just order her to kill everyone for you while you wait outside.
>>
>>339785345
To be fair it was always easier to kill everyone in every MGS game. Non-lethal is a challenge.
MGS2 and 3 are trivial if you play lethally as soon as you get the USP/SOCOM Silencer.
>>
>>339788283
>He makes up fantasies of how the game will work instead of just taking for granted exclusively the things that are promised
What a fag.

MGS V is a great game, by the way, second best Metal Gear game. The only thing that went wrong was your taste.
>>
I'm really enjoying Peace Walker right now and am seriously considering going straight to TPP.

Good idea or bad idea? I'm not worried about missing out on story because I'm YouTube'ing that shit anyways
>>
>>339790075
>second best Metal Gear game.

Should take your word for it. Nice God complex you miserable cunt.
>>
shit game
>>
>>339785345
>grinding fest
>"JUST FULTON MY SHIT UP" in every mission
>story is a trainwreck
>underdeveloped characters
>the fucking TAPES
>Facebook Farmville-tier mechanics
>literally waiting hours in order to get a fucking weapon
>bosses: literally a rehash + a bulletsponge
>cut content
>jewing FOBs with real money
>DIRECTED by HIDEO KOJIMA
>WRITTEN by HIDEO KOJIMA
>STARRING HIDEO KOJIMA
>HIDEO KOJIMA by HIDEO KOJIMA
>"Look guys, I just read a couple of English High School recommended readings, am I profound yet?"
>not to mention the spoilers made by the own game in the credits
>sitting in helicopter for hours
>repeating the same missions over and over
>most main missions don't even relate to the plot since are generic garbage ("Who knows? That might lead us to Cipher")
>soulless open world
>Mother Base is shit
>the feeling that reviews in main sites are more bought than ever

But MUH GAMEPLAY, MUH "IT WILL BE APPRECIATED IN A DECADE LIKE MGS2 WHICH BY THE WAY IS A SHIT" HURRR DURRR
>>
>>339785345

The game was easy as fuck senpai

And it was reasonably fun, it was just not what I wanted out of MGS at all.
>>
>>339785735

He absolutely did, just with more realistic and aged skin. Look at the lines under his cheekbones.

The games after 1 are actually fairly consistent in this regard.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.