[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any recommendations for a beginner build ? I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: PTDE_Box_Art.jpg (29 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
PTDE_Box_Art.jpg
29 KB, 250x310
Any recommendations for a beginner build ? I don't want to start my character without knowing shit and realized i truly fucked halfway through the game.
>>
Recently beat this for this first time and my strategy consisted of the following:
>loot black knight weapon early on
>R1
>>
Level resistance.
>>
>>339760986

This.
>>
>>339760716
Don't level Resistance under any circumstances and don't level Intelligence or Faith unless you want to use Sorceries or Miracles. Whether or not you want to level Strength or Dexterity is dependant on your weapon of choice, although there are weapon upgrade paths that can still make them powerful with minimal stat investment. Vitality and Endurance are always useful.
>>
>>339760716
Quality. Start warrior, level vitality, endurance, str and dex to 40 each.
>>
just play the goddamned game you inept pussy
>>
>>339760716
you can't fuck up the game unless you are really focused on pvp
>>
>he needs a build
>he doesn't play deprived without leveling
>>
>>339762104
>not playing SL1 pyromancer
do you even play the game?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 256x256
I was able to do my whole first play through using strength, endurance, some vitality, and a little dex.

It's not complicated, but it's not as "good" as many other builds. I also used shields which many people say is scrub mode, but it allowed me to learn the mechanics and develop confidence with rolling as I went as opposed to just getting good before making any progress.
>>
>>339762104
>>339762282
>Not doing a SL1 fist-only, no damage, gravelorded run.

r u casul?
>>
>>339762290
I've cleared all games with rolling, I have no idea how to use a shield. The way I see it no one is going to learn how to roll unless they start rolling from the beginning in the same way I still have no idea how to parry. The beginning is the BEST TIME to start rolling because everything is so slow, fuck trying to learn something new while the difficulty is ramping up, especially in Anor Londo and beyond.
>>
>>339760716
Stoping you right before you do it. Drop that shield and learn how to roll. That's my advice. Parrying with them is fine though, but you can do it with your empty hand anyway
>>
>>339760716
Dex build with Chaos Blade +5
>>
>>339762694
>I've cleared all games with rolling, I have no idea how to use a shield

I literally can't play DS1 using a shield for blocking or anything other than fast roll. It's like I never played the game before and die to anything that isn't a babby mob
>>
>>339760716
Greatshield with great weapon and heavy armor.

Work towards shields with high stability. Stack poise. Get a zweihander and never roll or parry. Just block. Level that weapon to +15 and put 40 in both str and dex to use all the best melee weapons. Pick your favorite for new game plus.

Honestly the best way to play DS1 is to do your first run blind. That's impossible now. You know exactly what you're expecting now and if you don't, your friend will probably mention it.
>>
Recently finished this.

Pyromancer+DEX Weapons make most bosses laughably easy, even the final boss.
>>
>>339760893
Drake sword is even easier to get if you're patient
>>
>>339760893
Playing through it for the first time and this is basically what I'm doing
>>
>>339760716
>I don't want to start my character without knowing shit and realized i truly fucked halfway through the game

This is an irrational fear about this series. If you can basically grasp what each stat does, like by pressing the help button and hovering over each one, you can trust yourself to make your own build as you go and find weapons you like.

I'd recommend you learn as you go that way rather than collecting info on the game before even playing out of fear.

The only way you can fuck up is if you intend to seriously PVP and your build isn't as meticulously thought out as someone else at your level so you have a bit less damage or health, which you can overcome by fighting well anyway. Its also not true that you have to stay in the agreed upon level range of everyone else to find people to play with, lots of people level up into the 200s.

As far as the enemies and bosses go don't worry about it, you won't gimp yourself.
>>
>>339760716
Strength and endurance, get the Zweihander from the part of firelink with the skeletons and the graveyard, its just on the ground there. Hit 14 Faith at some point so you can pack some good pyromancy when you get the chance, maybe 14 dex if you need it to qualify for a good weapon, but probably leave dex at 10. Stop strength at like 40 and then go for endurance/vitality
>>
>>339766525
You're right my nigga, I'll take your advice and go put 30 points into resistance.
>>
>>339766867
Nice, have a good run!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.