[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get more people to watch my Twitch stream? I just wanna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: 4524357625437.png (2 KB, 153x217) Image search: [Google]
4524357625437.png
2 KB, 153x217
How do I get more people to watch my Twitch stream?

I just wanna entertain people...
>>
>>339757775
Stream Overwatch.
>>
File: America by states.png (362 KB, 1513x983) Image search: [Google]
America by states.png
362 KB, 1513x983
Depends: do you want to pander to the lowest common denominator while selling your soul or do you want to have a tight-knit group that respect you and don't expect you to make an ass out of yourself?
>>
File: berfwide.png (13 KB, 189x100) Image search: [Google]
berfwide.png
13 KB, 189x100
>>339758178
>Stream Overwatch

I neither have, nor particularly like Overwatch.

And I have a feeling I know what kind of reaction saying this will get me, but I don't exactly have the best computer in the world, nor a very great internet connection, so I've mostly only been able to stream older emulated games.
>>
>>339757775
What games do you play while you stream?
How many viewers do you get on average?
These are important questions.
>>
>>339758395

I prefer that latter option, but I'm not even getting anything like that. My viewership has literally been just a couple of my friends... and I'm getting a bit self-conscious about that because I'm afraid they feel obligated to be there.
>>
>>339758640
>What games do you play while you stream?
>>339758542
>older emulated games

>How many viewers do you get on average?
>>339758657
>just a couple of my friends
>>
>>339757775
keep streaming, get a twitter, advertise when you are about to stream using @twitch and #tags, talk to yourself about the game even if there are no viewers (in fact, just hide your viewer count). Do this for 2 months everyday and MAYBE you'll break 100 viewers.
>>
>>339757775
Are you a girl
If yes, then add a webcam and people will start watching even if you're shit at games
>>
>>339758542
Go stream Undertale then. It's barely any power off of your pc.
If you aren't going to change games, you ain't getting shit for viewers unless you advertise your channel somewhere (that has people that have the same interests as the games you play).
>>
stream because you want to stream and not because you want thousands of people to watch

I'd consider starting streaming some of my favorite obscure games if I had a capture card, just to enjoy the occasional complete stranger popping in and starting watching
>>
Be entertaining.
>>
Linking it might be a start
>>
If you're cute, I'll watch you

Link pls
>>
>>339759318
And be loose and be natural, have a sense of humor. Unless you wanna be the new LowTierGod and get views for making an ass of yourself, which I suppose also works
>>
>>339758928
>stream using @twitch and #tags

I've actually been using Twitter, but I'm kind of clueless on using it other than bugging twitch retweet bots.... but those have been a bust, so I'm trying to figure out better things to do.

Do you have any recommended general tags?

>>339759060
>advertise your channel somewhere (that has people that have the same interests as the games you play)

Well... so far it's been almost entirely SNES and N64 stuff... so... any recommendations?

>>339759149
I do want to stream, and it's not so much that I want attention, it's more that I want to be able to entertain people in some way. My mood kind of falls flat when I feel like people aren't enjoying something...

>>339759570
I mostly just make silly comments about the games I play or just kinda... talk about whatever. Lately I've just been telling topical stories related to what's going on in the game, though it's been relatively nostalgic and possibly unrelatable.
>>
>>339759318
4changs don't allow twitch links anymore. Labels them as spam.
>>
>>339759870
say something that will make me laugh.

If it doesn't then we can establish the problemo
>>
File: 1412825389549.png (624 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1412825389549.png
624 KB, 722x525
>>339760030
>>
File: 5xuLQPx.png (60 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
5xuLQPx.png
60 KB, 250x250
>>339759318

I would if I was able to.
>>
>tfw when the only game you play has less than 150 people online so even if you stream it, less than 10 people would watch
>>
File: Battler_mike.png (4 KB, 163x163) Image search: [Google]
Battler_mike.png
4 KB, 163x163
You don't want to entertain people.

You want validation.
>>
>>339758772
>older emulated games
Stream something people like then.
I Wanna be the Guy Fangames always net a few people.
>>
>>339758542
It's not about what you like. If you "just wanna entertain people" then why does the video game have to be a good one?
>>
>>339761285
>>
File: Moloch_the_god.gif (112 KB, 319x561) Image search: [Google]
Moloch_the_god.gif
112 KB, 319x561
>>339757775
Asriel = another name for Azriel (AKA Izrail, Azrin, Izrael, Azrael, Azrail, Ezraeil, Azraille, Azryel, Ozryel, or Azraa-eel), a Hebrew Angel/Demon, the God of Death, and some say he is the same entity as Sariel (AKA Seriel, Sauriel, Surya, Saraqael, Sarakiel, Suruel, Surufel or Sourial), demon son of Lilith and Samael, the blind God, who also identifies with the Angel Metatron (UNDERTALE's Mettaton). Yet another deity associated with Azriel is Raziel, and some believe they are the same being. Raziel (under the alternate name Galizur ("Revealer of The Rock")) is described as the "ruling prince of the 2nd Heaven." He is said to expound the "Torah's divine wisdom," and protects the ministering angels from the Hayyoth (four-faced anthropoid beasts), the "holy Creatures" that uphold the universe. He is the Archangel of the Ophanim, the wheel angels.

UNDERTALE is Jewish mysticism propaganda. Toby Fox is, quite literally, a Jewish shill who secretly tries to normalize the Hebrew Satanic cult of Remphan and Moloch and make it accessible to children.
Gas the kikes.
>>
>>339757775
kill yourself Undermemer twitch cancer newfag nigger
>>
>>339760785
Just write your fuggin twitch name, christ
>>
>>339757775
Leave a link, make your own website, get some streamers into your team of streamers, wait a couple of years.
>>
>>339761584
So SMT is Gnostic or hindu propaganda?
>>
>>339762060

The attention this thread is starting to get has convinced me that doing that is now a terrible idea.
>>
>>339757775
Try shooting yourself on stream.
>>
>>339762526
you're a faggot, no wonder no one watches someone that doesnt want to be watched
>>
>>339757775
Have you tried actually being interesting and entertaining? Streaming is about the audience, not your personal enjoyment.
>>
>>339761584
Sounds bitchin'.
Sort of interested in the game now..
>>
>>339762793

Man I wonder why someone wouldn't want to be watched by limpdick retards that are just going to sit there and call him "faggot" over and over.

:^)
>>
>>339758178
>Stream the most competitive game in terms of streams on twitch currently

Fucking retard.
>>
>>339757775
The most important thing is a regular and long schedule.

Game selection and timing matter. Your target audience may be watching another stream during your time slot and you simply can't compete.

A new online game is a great opportunity to build a viewer base, as people hooked on that game will be searching for any streams to watch.

Niche games are also a good bet.
>>
File: 1454010907690.gif (2 MB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1454010907690.gif
2 MB, 435x419
>>339763141
>making fun of your audience

and you wonder why you can't get viewers.
>>
>>339763497
This is the truth. Before I quit streaming I built up a reasonable audience because I was streaming early access games at times that bigger streamers weren't using. Started with Robocraft where I'd let my chat help me build and then I'd earnestly try to win matches with the abominations they had me build. Then when Space Engineers started up I switched over to that and would dedicate days to playing with my chat and days dedicated to working on projects they set for me. It was a lot of fun, but my new job demanded too much time and I had to quit. I'd love to try it again though.

>>339764181
Being an abrasive alpha that can poke fun at themselves can net you a pretty fun audience. There's a fine line though.
>>
>>339762947
Sorry to burst your bubble but its just the combination of Asgore and Toriel, the kids parents, because Asgore is shit at naming. He called the snowy area Snowdin and the lava area Hotland.
>>
>>a little bit of humility and making fun of yourself when you mess up is alright, but calling your audience names or getting angry after they laugh at your messups is a fag move
>>
>>339764735 meant for >>339764414
>>
>>339757775
Stream regularly, stream popular stuff every once in a while, stream with commentary and facecam, and of course, talk to your viewers.

You don't necessarily have to be good, just keep doing that and eventually you'll get a small following.
>>
The problem you have is that Twitch has become extremely saturated with streamers. The barrier of entry is extremely low when all you need nowadays is a half decent upload speed and a microphone. You're going to find it stupidly hard to grow any sort of audience if you play any top game that already has big streamers with their claws in that particular market as you'll be just another one of those low viewer streams nobody will give a second glance to.

Your best bet is to just stick with the games you enjoy playing, especially if they're games that not many other streamers flock towards on a daily basis. Build up a small, core viewer base before moving on to any bigger game.
>>
Not OP but I've got a buddy in a sorta-similar situation looking to expand too.

He's been playing old shit in thumbnails as some sort of challenge to himself or whatever.

Look up "lowresatari" on twitch. He's doing Link to the Past... like... right this moment.
>>
>>339765948

Faggot
>>
You gotta be a complete degenerate.

LIKE ME: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUqNCJ-rCkhCuQcUuji5NxQ
>>
>>339766428
What a fag
>>
>>339766893
I sit on my ass all day playing video games for free and talking to my viewers. Nigger i'm the king of degeneracy.
>>
File: Oshawott31small.png (92 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
Oshawott31small.png
92 KB, 300x219
>>339765948

Listen to this fucker, since I am this fucker.
>>
>>339761490
He's right tho
>>
>>339757775
>How do I get more people to watch my Twitch stream?
Be more entertaining
>>
>>339761285
this
>>
File: 1445742079944.jpg (42 KB, 1400x792) Image search: [Google]
1445742079944.jpg
42 KB, 1400x792
>Do streaming when I feel like it
>people chill while I chill out with vidya
>>
OP is >>339765948 this faggot. The stream and his twitter matches too closely for it to be a coincidence.

Get a load of this attention whoring faggot.
>>
>>339764181
you retards arent and never will be his audience lol
>>
>>339757775
Be entertaining
That's literally all you have to do. You're streaming for the sake of streaming, yet what you're currently offering isn't enough to draw people in.
>stop streaming for the sake of streaming
If you were entertaining, viewers would already be there, or you could always go the sadsack route and play the newest flavor of the month to further mislead yourself into thinking people like you
>>
Dear OP if you post your twitch name in here I will personally bombard the fuck out of your twitch with reports.
>>
>>339770985
Wow, so I take it you have nothing better to do with your time then.

Granted attention whoring is pretty fucking retarded but isn't that like? Petty and pathetic? i'm also not familiar with twitch's rules like at all but shouldn't submitting false reports get you in some kind of trouble or atleast a penalization?
>>
>>339757775
Open a bunch of crates/ packs in something.

Pray the seed money pays off.
>>
>>339757775
1. Be a girl and be scantily clad
2. Have an established non-twitch personality beforehand
3. Be absurdly good at a multiplayer game

If none of these apply to you, abandon hope. IT isn't going to happen.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.