[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was at a friends house and he had an unplayed copy of SFV,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
So I was at a friends house and he had an unplayed copy of SFV, which I decided to break in. I was initially peeved at the lame tutorial you're give at the start but did they really remove the most basic and simple game mode that is playing a 1v1 match against a computer? Like what the fuck was Capcom thinking? Should I even consider shelling out $59.99 for this or should I wait for Super Ultra Street Fighter V Arcade Edition?
>>
There may be an edition where it includes all of the previous patches, updates, characters, etc., but it won't be mandatory for people that bought Vanilla SFV. Everything can be earned for free from just playing the game. That aside, unless you really love playing online and getting "gud," then no.
>>
>>339729478
Survival is the best youve got unless you hope and pray that it comes next month
>>
No, you shouldn't pay full price for SFV but not because of a stupid reason like that you gigantic faggot.
>>
File: wow.jpg (122 KB, 1268x707) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
122 KB, 1268x707
>>339729478
>he plays fighting games against the CPU
>>
>>339729689
So you can unlock the DLC characters just by playing?
>>339729957
Okay so literally removing features and characters from a game that is basically still in beta form is no reason not to buy it? Fucking retard
>>
>>339730251
>removing features and characters
You're pretty fuckin' stupid, boy-o.
>>
>>339730251
You shouldn't be playing fighting games. That's all I can say to you.
>>
>>339730659

Basically this OP. This game is not what you're looking for.
>>
>>339729478
why are you asking for opinions on a game you have just said you played??
>>
>>339730659
Because I don't support the obvious Jewery involved in this lackluster disappointment of a sequel? Gotcha. I'll just wait for the 7th iteration to come out and go on sale before picking it up
>>
>>339730251
SFV exists in a really weird state right now, but yes, you can unlock DLC characters, story costumes, title cards, colors, and stages just by playing. That said, a majority of the in-game currency used to unlock this stuff comes from playing the single player stuff. After you burn through that, in-game currency becomes a lot harder to accumulate because:
1. You only earn Fight Money (in-game currency) by doing online matches where you only get 50 FM if you win (it'd mathematically take you playing the game 4 straight hours every day without losing online for an entire month to afford one DLC fighter.)

2. Capcom hasn't introduced daily bonuses/other ways to accumulate money after beating the single player content outside of doing the story and trials for newly released characters.
>>
>>339730924

Ok, you do that. Literally nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>339730924
Have fun waiting for something that's never coming
>>
damn op. a 1v1 competitive game that came up in arcades and is all about outplaying the person next to you? that game doesn't have ai or story mode? but you can play against people or practice in practice mode?

wow that's deep. word. sick.
>>
why don't visual novels have multiplayer? like what the fuck were they thinking reeeee haha. why do we let them get away with releasing games without core features?

blunder of the millenium
>>
>These SFV apologists
It's a shit game. It has no singleplayer content, and for you faggots who genuinely believe that it's acceptable to just have a versus mode - the game has as much depth as a paddling pool, there is ONE viable playstyle and the entire metagame revolves around throw mixups. It's garbage. Even if you pretend that 1v1 versus is all that matters, it's still fucking garbage.

They also STILL haven't fixed their netcode, lobbies, cashshop, ragequitter punishment and INBUILT 8 FRAMES OF DELAY IN A GAME WITH 15 FRAME DASHES

That said I hope you enjoy it because it's the last SF game you're going to get for a long fucking time.
>>
>>339730070
>I'm defending a company for removing basic shit that has been in every fighting game for 2 decades

Fuck off.
>>
Someone needs to update that pic with the DLC characters.
>>
>>339731874
>My biggest complaint about SFV is the lack of fighting an AI in a game focused around player vs player
Fuck off.
>>
>>339731534
>that game doesn't have ai or story mode?
They do. Some games like Soul Calibur 3 (I think) even have exclusive content to the arcade version.
>>
>>339731846
>>339731874
Good to see not all faggots on this board are complete shills. Thanks anons
>>
What is the point of playing a fighting game against the AI? There's no fun in it, even on the highest difficult the AI will still be predictable as hell.
>>
File: OP.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
OP.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>339731846
>there is ONE viable playstyle and the entire metagame revolves around throw mixups
Aww, sounds like the little fuccboi is mad that he can't crouch tech his way around an entire mechanic anymore.
>>
You can literally set up a 1v1 match against the fucking CPU using the goddamn training mode, retards just like to meme
>>
>>339731846

I don't understand posts like this, why are you so mad? Who are you talking to?

/v/'s salt at SFV is hilarious to me, you can really tell who hopped online and got blown the fuck out. The same people who want to grind against braindead AI for 5 hours and then put the game down.
>>
They aren't making an "Ultra" or "AE" etc edition for SF V. This is it. We're hopefully getting multiple updates to the game, because as it is it's fucking horrible. 8f input lag is unnacceptable, even if it was the same for Ultra on ps4.

Crush Trigger does ridiculous amounts of damage. Jump In's net you loads more damage than your AA which means you can go ham with forward jump.

No execution so babbies can do the parry xDD Game is super casualised rock paper scissors that deserves to die for how badly Capcom released it, and has been maintaining it with almost zero PR.
>>
>>339732176
Believe it or not there are some people who are just so bad at fighting games/vidya in general that they can only win against AI.

But I still view it as inexcusable. How can you justify no singleplayer mode in a console game and still charge full retail price? May as well charge a ~$15 monthly fee instead like MMOs. With so many bad decisions and middle fingers to their (former) fans, how is Capcom still alive?
>>
>>339730070
Yeah, against who else am I going to be playing when the game dies 1 month after EVO.
>>
>>339732580
>no singleplayer mode
So you didn't play it?

For little babbies there's a story mode locked on very easy and for people who want to fight the AI (idiots) there's survival.

>Middle fingers to fans
Yeah, putting fan favorites that constantly top popularity polls like Mika and Karin in the game sure is giving us the middle finger.
>>
>>339731846
i don't want to be a soulless retard who can't find joy in living though. yeah capcom fucked up a lot. they also did plenty right. i choose to play the game.

>>339732006
i guess that's why soul calibur is still a thriving series with a large competitive scene.
>>
>>339732582
You might as well just admit that you don't play fighting games and fuck off.

You're the guy that claims to like fighting games, mashes buttons, loses, then never wants to play them again.

You're the average Skullgirls player.

Get out of my genre.
>>
>>339732537

>"Crush trigger"

Oh lookie, another shitposter who in all likelihood has not even played the game, parroting the same complaints he sees getting tossed around online without any understanding of the words he's regurgitating.
>>
>>339732510
Yes anon I am sure you can react within the 7 frames you have to stop Nash dashing in due to input delay covering the rest (all of which are before he actually starts moving) and getting free pressure because Capcom are incompetent

The game is made to appeal to online only shitters actually, people who would actually take it to the next level are the people who are panning it as shallow. Once you understand the game you realise how fucking stupid it is. The game is literally nothing but frametraps and throws. You can't zone, you can't play a reactive game, you can't even play a real rushdown game. You can literally play the one shitty playstyle that works and if you don't you will lose to anyone decent.
>>
>tfw love fighting games, but have shitty internet and local scene is nothing but MKX and Sm4sh

I can have decent matches after 21:00 PM on weekends for some reason though, but for now I don't feel like shelling out the money for SFV.
>>
>>339730251
>>339731047
But you get like 70k fight money per character for doing their single player stuff alone. A character you buy almost pays for itself if you do the survival mode on 3 difficulties, "story" mode, read their tutorial and do the trials (and the bonusses you get for leveling up). And seeing how people managed to amass 1 million FM just on the basic 16 characters, and the real story mode and daily challenge thing are still to come, completely apart from the admittedly tiny bonus you get for online matches, it seems like it's gonna be really easy to unlock all the characters for free.

That is, assuming you really only want the characters but can live without the stages and costumes and stuff. Which I can. And I mean obviously you're not gonna get all the cosmetic stuff for free but honestly the FM they supply you with seems more than enough to supply people with content.
>>
>>339732851
Projecting pretty hard there anon
>>
>>339731846
>It's a shit game. It has no singleplayer content

stopped reading there
>>
File: eldonte.jpg (26 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
eldonte.jpg
26 KB, 426x240
>>339733225
>You can't zone
Just because you can't sit at fullscreen and spam fireballs doesn't mean you can't zone. Zoning is more than staying a full screen away. Birdie is a fucking zoning monster.

>you can't play reactive
You go ahead and try to stop a Bison mixing his shit up without reacting to his heavy punches or stopping Cammy's hooligan nonsense without reacting
>You can't even play a real rushdown
lol wat? You just finished complaining about Nash rushing you down.
>>
>>339733225

You're right, I have absolutely 0 problem jabbing out dashes. It's hard to react to if you're not expecting it, but easy to stuff if you're watching for it - just like jump ins, reversals, and everything else in the game. It's as it should be.

Yeah, I'm sure YOU understand the game, that's why you're pro platinum league evo champ right?
>>
>>339732827
Literally every single arcade game has a single player mode and CPU AI that I can think of, this isn't an argument.
>>
File: peridance.gif (273 KB, 470x810) Image search: [Google]
peridance.gif
273 KB, 470x810
>>339733573
>Literally every single arcade game has a single player mode and CPU AI that I can think of, this isn't an argument.
What a coincidence, so does SFV
>>
>>339733573
why not just play against people? what value do story content and ai add to a fighting game?
>>
>>339733573

Is there anything worse than "not an argument" fags?

The implication (or "argument") of his statement is that the game's focus is on competitive multiplayer rather than story mode - evidenced by the game's large competitive scene compared to other games that spend resources on expansive single player modes. You dumb shit.

It's also not an argument, and in fact a logical fallacy, that just because one game has something, another should too.
>>
>>339733225
all the players that are doing good dont give a shit about the 8 f, all the ones that are not adapting re crying non stop mmmm.
>>
File: tumblr_o03mufjgHy1rg3vrmo3_400.png (92 KB, 295x229) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o03mufjgHy1rg3vrmo3_400.png
92 KB, 295x229
>>339733225
I keep seeing this claim that pro players are trashing sfv, but the only thing anyone brings up is infiltration saying he thinks the game will be too simple back in 2015. Pro players love 5, and with good reason. Everything you're saying is bullshit, this 8 frame thing is such a meme.
>>
>>339733546
>Just because you can't sit at fullscreen and spam fireballs doesn't mean you can't zone.
No you literally can't AT ALL because almost every character has a move they can do that absolutely shits on any attempt to throw fireballs as anything but a close range poke

And you think 'reactive play' is a playstyle. The input delay makes whiff punishing against all but the absolute slowest normals not possible. In addition, the damage isn't worth it. You CAN do that to maybe get a knockdown with a sweep and then begin the thrilling SFV gameplay of 'frametrap and throw' to get actual damage like everyone else.

And seriously, learn what rushdown is. Dashing in with an unreactable dash from halfscreen and doing a frametrap and then poking with normals from a safe distance is not 'rushdown'

Seriously man, play a game that isn't SFV in your life please. It is incredibly obvious to anyone decent at fighting games that SFV was designed for shitters to shut out 'unfun' tactics like having a real fireball game and it has manefested into the turd it is today because all the characters either boil down to the same thing or have the SF3 problem where they just don't fucking work in the game engine.
>>
>>339733845
Please tell me how to play a versus match against a computer that is an actual match and not just aimless fighting against an AI sandbag in training mode
>>
File: sd.png (150 KB, 482x148) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
150 KB, 482x148
>>339732851
Stay in denial, retard. I've been playing fighting games since before you were born. I know how the circle goes.
>>
>>339734427
>No you literally can't AT ALL because almost every character has a move they can do that absolutely shits on any attempt to throw fireballs as anything but a close range poke
You don't know what zoning is, and even besides that you're still wrong. Those anti-fireball moves can be baited and punished hard.

>muh input delay
I seem to be able to AA and punish on reaction just fucking fine, and I'm no pro. The pros seem to do it just fine as well. Ever thought maybe that you're the problem?

>Nash
>Dashing in from halfscreen
Have you ever actually played SFV?
>>
>>339734427

lmao look at this mouth breather getting pissy about getting face fucked trying to spam fireballs
>>
>>339734112
lmao yes I'm sure no one gives a shit about frame delay that is longer than the recovery of the majority of normals in the game and makes a large amount of moves that are meant to be punisable literally unreactable.

Fucking hell you are every developer's dream. I bet they could release the game with two characters and you would still defend it.
>>
is there a single competitive 1v1 game where good players grind against ai?

like i've played starcraft, street fighter, quake, reflex, warsow, rocket league, and a lot more minor games based around 1v1 play and ai has never been a big deal aside from things like play against 20 top level ai just to see how it is.
>>
>>339734573
Click "survival" in the main menu.

There you go, turbonigger.
>>
>>339734573

Survival mode. You even unlock fight money and colors.

Any other questions? You are clearly very ignorant.
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45 KB, 600x375
>>339734804
>makes a large amount of moves that are meant to be punisable literally unreactable
Name one.
>>
>>339734832
Can I choose the computer I play against as well as his difficulty?
Is it a single match where I can determine the number of rounds to play?
Fuck yourself
>>
>>339734785
It's harder than doing 'pressure' of mp, mp, throw/special

It might even be mp, cr.mp if you are a particularly advanced character
>>
>>339734824
Tetris
>>
>>339734918
I already did, Nash's dash. 15 frames is the absolute borderline of reactable in the first place, and now that it's 7 you have to literally guess by throwing out normals to prevent it. If you watch high level Nash play you will see people abusing the shit out of it and other players randomly doing cr.MP and similar moves in the hope of guessing right and stopping it.
>>
File: R1l3pa7.png (577 KB, 893x895) Image search: [Google]
R1l3pa7.png
577 KB, 893x895
>>339734950
Would you look at that, the goalpost moved! Well isn't that just the strangest thing?
>>
>>339734971

There's no way you're seriously suggesting that spamming QCF+P is harder than doing pressure strings/mixups.
>>
>>339735117
then were are all the nash in top 8, at the top they are playing a different game, if you dont like the game dont play it
>>
>>339735217
Please get good at fighting games, I can't believe I'm arguing with someone on the level of player that thinks throwing fireballs is easy/cheap? Do you ban blocking/throwing among your friends too? Fuck off, I'm not wasting my time with someone with such a basic fucking knowledge.
>>
>>339735169
Survival mode =/= Versus mode
You are literally retarded
>>
>>339729478
Wait until story mode if you're that focused on a vs CPU mode. They also actually have real tutorials in the game but it sounds like you don't have eyes since you didn't see it.
>>
>>339735318
>This mechanic is stupid and makes things literally unreactable
>THATS NOT TRUE FAGGOT NAME ONE
>Names one
>THAT DOESN'T COUNT
lmao I'm not sure you realised this but removing 8 frames of reactable time is something that can be abused by every character with a reasonably fast mixup or gap closer and completely destroys any sort of footsie/fundamental game. The game is fucked, I know you're probably one of these players that has only played SF in his life but you need to have the ability to realise when a game is shit and play something good instead.
>>
>>339729478
If it would be new fighting game IP it wouldn't be worth paying $60 for mostly online experience but SF has the potential to grow, buy.
>>
>>339735570
the solution is simple there is game a and game b, i like game a, if i dont like game a i stop playing game a and play game b.but i have fun with game a so i play a.
>>
>>339735570
>there couldn't possibly be multiple people disagreeing with me!
Learn to detect samefag.

I don't know why you think Nash's dash is un-reactable, people jab him out of that shit all the time
>>
>>339735818
Because 7 frames is well below average human reaction time jesus christ

It's less than HALF average human reaction time

Sorry man you must just be a godlike player who can whiff punish single jabs, my bad
>>
>>339736128
if what you say is truth(i dont know)
then people with good reads and above average reaction time will do very good, like in all fighting games, and other players will have to play with other strengths like good neutral game. adapt
>>
>>339736128
You do realize that human reaction time speeds up considerably when "primed," right? If you're expecting something your reflex will be significantly faster.
>>
>8 frames input lag

can we stop this meme

It's not input lag when it's intentional. That was a conscious design decision, everything comes out 8 frames slower but then Ryu's overhead is 20 fucking frames and everyone gets hit by it. It's not like they just made a game and then put lag in, they designed it around having everything come out 8 frames slower from day 1 and adjusted all the values to fit that. We can talk about shitty pacing, there's games where the fastest attacks are 14 frames and those feel atrocious to me, but this is not a "flaw" or anything but a matter of taste.

It just so happens they managed to hide *actual* lag in that 8 frame period so online is virtually lag free on decent connections. Which of course was one of the reasons for the decision, but it doesn't detract from gameplay from a balance standpoint so you gotta give them major props to that. It's the same thing Rising Thunder did btw, felt like there's an even heavier delay in that game but everyone made it out to feel amazing because it says GGPO on the top and that's good because it's the same software that allows you to play your shitty mame games.
>>
>>339736497
Sorry man it is not humanly possible to react within 7 frames. Even basic fighting games players know this. ~20 frames is generally considered in the 'reactable' area and when you get to under about 18 you're getting into guessing territory, which is why the vast majority of overheads fall into that speed.

The reason you seem people 'react' to Nash dashing with jabs is because the player is guessing and has to do a low commitment normal because doing anything else on a guess is too risky. You see it in many other games. People will for example randomly do standing jabs periodically against Kim in KoF to stuff any attempts at EX hangetsuzan, which is a similar safe gapcloser that cannot be consistently reacted to.
>>
File: Blunder of 2016.png (1 MB, 1212x1109) Image search: [Google]
Blunder of 2016.png
1 MB, 1212x1109
>>339729478
The game is utter garbage OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwalITH_cGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw
>>
>>339736621
>they designed it around having everything come out 8 frames slower from day 1 and adjusted all the values to fit that.
They blatantly didn't. Few normals can be whiff punished because they have too little recovery for that delay, as do a great deal of special moves. Just accept that Capcom fucked up as if it wasn't obvious enough by literally everything else about the game.
>>
>>339736909
>~20 frames is considered reactable and when you get under 18 you're guessing
And Nash's dash is 15 frames, so by your own standards it would be un-reactable regardless of any delay.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>339737325
It's not 'my own standards' that has been the standard for a long time and it really shouldn't be news to you, and it tells me a lot about you that it is.

And yes, 15 frames was already too fast for a dash of that range, which is why people were complaining about it before the 8 frames thing was even discovered. Nash in general is a terribly designed character but I don't think that's news to anyone, even the people who like the game.
>>
Anyone actually trying to defend 8 frames of input lag needs to be dragged into the street and shot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
>>
>>339736621
>this whole fucking post
This actually needs to go on that /v/ scrub quotes image what the fuck
>>
did anyone else catch chris g's guile on wnf last night? he popped off and landed a nasty 38 hit combo. it was nuts
>>
File: 1464204990752.jpg (52 KB, 410x385) Image search: [Google]
1464204990752.jpg
52 KB, 410x385
>>339734427
You sound like you are fucking terrible at fighting games.

kys yourself faggot
>>
You can't do "Versus CPU?" Why would you make a fighter with a versus mode and no vs.cpu option? How are you ever going to debug the game or replicate glitches/infinites or other exploits?
>>
>people who probably aren't good enough to whiff punish in the first place complaining about 8f
>people who probably try to play on 360 controllers complaining that doing a dp is hard
>>
>>339740638
>shit I pulled out of my ass because I can't actually respond to criticism
>>
I played SFV online and was like "hey this feels alright" and then you play it offline and it feels the exact same.

I played FM2K games with 12 frames of lag (not native to the game but added by the netplay client) and it felt alright but then you play it offline and it's a completely different game (which also feels like shit all of the sudden).

I aprove of putting in input delay into games intentionally to level the online and offline experience. If you don't, well, sucks to be you. I don't feel ashamed admitting that playing once a week at our local gaming shop doesn't cut it for me. At the end of the day I spend most of the time playing online. And unless you make a living playing fighting games or are content beating up your roommate day in day out I take it that's the same for everyone really.
>>
>>339741491
>I take it that's the same for everyone really.
Not anyone actually good no

From a purely framedata level that kind of input delay ruins the game and the reasons why have been explained in this thread multiple times
>>
Daily reminder that the 8f delay is completely insignificant (literally 1/20th of a second slower than the average 5f delay) and is the latest excuse /v/ will regurgitate for why they suck shit at fighting games now that it's in the news, even though 99% of /v/ would never in a million years have noticed this if it wasn't a hot topic right now.
>>
>>339741668
More like, it changes the game. I don't feel it's necessarily a bad thing to make high level play focus more on reads than on reactions.
>>
File: 1459280227612.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1459280227612.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>I can't win because of muh 8 frames
Jesus Christ, you people are delusional.
>>
>>339729478
are you a retard?

just go into training mode and activate the CPU
>>
>>339731846
pffffhahahahhahahah
>>
>training
>set cpu level
>set health/bars to be normal

there you go
>>
>>339741937
>>339741792
I'm all for defending SFV
8f of input delay is absolute shit for ANY game though, moreso inexcusable for fighting games

go into skullgirls and use valentine's level 3 lag poison, it adds 8f of input delay to the opponent and then try to do any combo and come back and tell me that it's "insignificant" then
>>
>>339741792
This

it's also probably the same people who use a 100 bucks samsung monitor and xbox pad to crank the delay up some more who are complaining about this

people on /v/ have also shown time and time again that they have no qualms playing online on wireless connections, the sentiment that a small couple additional frames of delay put into the game *by design* is a dealbreaker for so many people is ridiculous
>>
>>339740469
because there is vs CPU in training mode
>>
>>339742369

COMPLETELY different situation in skullgirls because you then have an imbalanced delay compared to your opponent. Skullgirls is also a generally faster paced game.

I honestly cannot believe you are retarded enough to make that comparison in all seriousness.
>>
>>339729478
Anyone who bought this at full price and doesn't compete actually has a vegan dick diet.
>>
>>339741860
How is 'you literally cannot react to multiple moves designed to give an advantage if not reacted to' and 'you cannot whiff punish all but the slowest normals' not necessarily bad?
>>
>>339742576
If you think 8 frames is insignificant all I can say is get fucking good

There are entire normals that take less than that.

It's hilariously ironic that you think the people who think 8f delays matters are the bad players. If I remember KoF13 had 4f delay on normal moves only (discovered quite late in the game's life) and surprise surprise that game revolved around special move/supers as reaction moves/punishes as a result because doing so with normals was completely impractical. Now consider SFV has that on EVERYTHING and TWICE AS BAD.
>>
>>339743254

Sorry buddy but you aren't missing your whiff punishes because of 3 frames. Not sure if you even know what whiff punishing means.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but does input delay even come into play if you're buffering a normal out of block stun?
>>
>>339743009
how is it any different?q
it increases your input delay to 8f, you WILL fuck everything up with that and you won't be able to react to tech grabs or crossups in time

which is the exact same situation in SFV but all the time, your brain/fingers might react to a grab in time but 8 frames later and it will be too late to tech it

has nothing to do with skullgirls being a faster game
IN FACT, SFV is faster in certain aspects:
SFV grab tech window is 11f while Skullgirls has a grab tech window of 13f

so in reality, adding the ridiculous input delay of 8-9f depending on whether v-sync is on or off, you have about 2-3 frames to react to a grab (which is not possible for a human) in SFV while you have 10 frames in Skullgirls

don't talk big when you don't have the facts to back it up
>>
>>339743491
>tells others to get good while he can't deal with a little bit of input delay
/v/ - the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>>339743525
You are missing them because of 8 though anon. You have arbitrarily decided that every game has 5f which is not true.
>>
>>339743525
not 3 frames, 8 frames, and those are HUGE for whiff punishes even when you DO predict the whiffed normal
>>
>>339743628
No one on the planet can deal with input delay that covers more than half of an entire move's frames and often the entire recovery period.

Again, get fucking good before you start pretending to know shit.
>>
>>339743525
>Also correct me if I'm wrong, but does input delay even come into play if you're buffering a normal out of block stun?
for mashing, input delay does not play as big of a role

but nobody would mash while in blockstun.....right?
>>
>>339743763
Post your CFN and I'll floor you.
>>
>>339743659
>>339743680

Almost every fighting game ever made has input delay averaging around 5 frames. /v/ once again proves that they have no idea what they're talking about, clinging to bullshit excuses as to why they suck.
>>
>this thread
/v/ casuals hurt my soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CBEVIDwge0
>>
>>339742369
Giving the other guy lag while you don't have any yourself is a whole different story. When my moves effectively comes out 5 frames slower than the frame data says it's considerably more likely to be beat by your buttons, just you now also have 5 frames less to react to it. As far as the neutral game goes. Obviously Val's orange vials skew that balance and make it way harder to not get opened up. Do it midcombo to set up an IAD reset and you can force the opponent into guessing.

Also to nitpick, the lvl3 vial actually does 9 frames. And again you need to realize that you can expect 5 frames on any game you play by default, it's not that SFV is "adding" 8 frames so much as putting in ~2.9 which are apparently intentional on top of what you have "by default" just between the monitor, input device, and how well the game is made. People are overexaggerating this issue like crazy.
>>
>>339743919
Name them with proof.
>>
>>339743919
>>339743935
>Almost every fighting game ever made has input delay averaging around 5 frames
>And again you need to realize that you can expect 5 frames on any game you play by default
MKX and Skullgirls have 3 frames

third strike:
3S Lag Results - Spreadsheet
CPS3 - 3.6
PS2 - 4.7
PS3 (filters off) - 3.8
PS3 (filters on) - 3.8
360 (filters off) - 4.1
360 (training mode) - 3.9
Dreamcast - 6.
>>
>>339743924
>e-celebs
Fuck off.
>>
>>339744160
mkX was changed to 6 when they changed the netkode
>>
>>339744387
didn't know that

offline it's still 3 though, right?
>>
>>339743254
>'you literally cannot react to multiple moves designed to give an advantage if not reacted to'

What do you even mean by this. Overheads have been slowed down to match the additional delay.

And whiff punishing doesn't usually happen on reaction anyway
>>
>>339744387
i dont remember it was in the explication of the implementation of the new netkode.
>>
>>339744464
Most overheads accounting for the delay still fall into unreactable territory, as do several character's gapclosers.
>>
>>339744329
>not even 200 subscribers
BTFO much?

>>339744464
>And whiff punishing doesn't usually happen on reaction anyway
they do when you get better at the game

don't tell me you can't punish a sweep on reaction
>>
>>339744464
>And whiff punishing doesn't usually happen on reaction anyway
Juicebox pls
>>
>>339744589
>posting your own shit videos
Pathetic.

>punishing one of the slowest moves in any fighting game
Great accomplishment.
>>
>It's another shitposters use whatever buzzword to shit on a game they can't play episode

And you fucks responding without saging aren't much better.
>>
>8f delay doesn't matter in a game with 3f normals and 20f throws
>>
>>339744687
sorry you got proven wrong

we can still play SFV if you want though, post your CFN
>>
File: Alex Valle.png (171 KB, 281x326) Image search: [Google]
Alex Valle.png
171 KB, 281x326
>smash4 has 10f delay
>SFV has 8f
>>
>>339744793
Sorry, meant to say 20f overheads
>>
>>339744842
>post your CFN
He won't. You see, SFV has its own fair share of dedicated shiposters that turn tail and flee the moment you expect them to back up their words with action.
>>
>>339744889
Smash 4 is a joke to begin with and no one takes it seriously except smash 4 retards anyway, it's pretty much expected that the game is retarded.
>>
>>339744842
Post yours first. I don't play anyone below Gold.
>>
>>339744889
>smash4 has 10f delay
I'd like a sauce for that
>>
>>339744981
Not him but I honestly don't blame them considering how shitty the SFV online environment is. It's possible and likely that you'll play some laggy shitter you can't even aa and that's assuming they're even on the same continent.
>>
>>339744981
To be fair, he asked him to post his CFN first and now he's shifting the responsibility.
>>
File: 20160404222309_1.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160404222309_1.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
>>339745010
well glad I'm gold then, let's go
>>
>>339729478
>Capcom states everywhere it's just base game and things will be added later
>Game advertised as barebones tournament version and non-important things like vs AI will be added later
>People still buy it
>bitch at capcom

? ? ?
>>
File: smash4 players.jpg (47 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
smash4 players.jpg
47 KB, 600x900
>>339744987
fair enough

>>339745030
It's a 10f buffer my b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IHxv6NHsfc

you can also just google smash4 10 frame buffer and find more about it
>>
>>339745191
>Germany
LOL
>>
>>339745345
>It's a 10f buffer my b
so it's alright then

>>339745410
Figured you weren't going to play you sissy.
>>
>>339745191
>German
>animufag
>broken English
>known ragequitter
Nah, thank you.
>>
>>339745010
>>339745410

Everyone take note and have a chuckle - classic pussy ass beta bitch boy in his natural habitat.
>>
>>339745486
refer to >>339745475
>>
>>339745567
>>339745475
>plays for over 200 hours
>still only Gold
There's no need to play you, I have already won.
>>
>>339742643
Yeah but the CPU can't die in training mode, surely you would agree a combo done in training mode is not as viable as one done in versus mode?
>>
>>339745574
>>339745716

Not even the same anon, I'm
>>339745567

but honestly, you called him out and then pussied out, how can you think this makes you look like anything other than a giant bitch?
>>
>>339745191
So we have this game featuring a shitload of redesigned characters and you pick fucking Cammy.

>German
Of course.
>>
>>339745853
Yes it can. Set health to normal.
>>
>>339745716
>>339746005
step up son
>>
>>339746038
Oh I didn't know that, there's still a bunch of reasons to have versus cpu, like hit confirming, meter management and so on. Especially if you play competitively.
>>
>>339746135
you can do all that in training man
>>
>>339746227
How can you practice meter management in training mode?
>>
>>339746005
I have literally never played any Street Fighter ever so I don't care about redesigned characters at all
>>
>>339745410
>>339745486
>>339746005
Nice dodge, fucking shitposter cocksuckers.
>>
>>339746271
set meter to normal
>>
>>339744987
Spotted : meleeautist
>>
File: metermanagement.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
metermanagement.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>339746438
He can't fight back, I'm trying it right now, the meter set to normal and the opponent's block set to random, it's literally half the experience.

You get less meter on block and more on hit, but you don't get to set the CPU to very hard or anything, so it's a gimped experience if you're just playing to see what attacks give what amount of meter. If you wanted you could turn it into a human opponent and just play with someone you know,but by then you might as well go versus mode.
>>
File: tumblr_lywvqgBdeQ1qdlntwo1_500.jpg (38 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lywvqgBdeQ1qdlntwo1_500.jpg
38 KB, 450x600
When's legal Gill
>>
>>339746837
I don't like melee either but I can at least see that it has some executional difficulty to it if nothing else. Smash 4 though is very obviously just not fit in any regard for competitive play, and you can see this not only by looking at the game itself but also the people who play it competitively.
>>
>>339745410
>>339745486
>>339745716
>>339746005
so anyone gonna play or just take the hit and run?
>>
>>339746989
The SFV shitposters don't actually play the game. They just spout whatever crap comes out of Reddit in hope they'll sour people on the game. They've been at it for months now.
>>
>>339747103
rip in pieces sfv fans
>>
>>339747103
Dude the guy dodging is the one defending SFV
>>
>>339746989
Is this your first street fighter thread ?
I have never ever seen one guy accepting the challenge of another one in these threads. Especially the shitposting ones.
>>
>>339742369
I bet you didn't know there was an 8f lag before you were told so, scrub.
>>
File: 20160602225102_1.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602225102_1.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
>>339747103
>>339747525
I know they're all talk, none of them ever had anything to show for their shitposting, it's just too much fun to mess with them though.
>>
>>339744559
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap369ES-6Xw

5:10

I don't think it's a coincidence the average startup of overhead moves is almost very damn near the exact amount of miliseconds slower as there have been miliseconds of input delay added from SFIV to SFV. They are literally as hard or easy to react to than they have been for a decade but now you shitters got something new to shift the blame to
>>
>>339745191
I kicked your ass in Skullgirls a couple of times
>>
>>339746968
September
>>
>>339747941
yeah probably, what's your name?
>>
File: inj.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
inj.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>remove the most basic and simple game mode that is playing a 1v1 match against a computer

Meanwhile, a crappy license game that released years ago.
>>
you retards like to shit on mkx for being casual but it has way more game modes than SFV
>>
File: mm2.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mm2.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>339746909
edit*

You can set 8it to super hard and duke it out with the CPU, but you can't kill him so it's still gimped like I said, the purpose of meter training is to make sure you're confident about how much meter you're going to have in a match during any circumstance, training mode CAN help, just not as dearly as versus CPU.

And then there's a whole other atmosphere of learning, where if you play against human opponents exclusively, you have to find people who are giving you adequate challenges. I've had countless people deny me matches because I was either too good or too bad for them. All of that gets solved with "vs CPU."
>>
>>339747817
That only holds up as an average, if you look at it character by character it doesn't hold and many characters can abuse the lag.

In addition even if you count averages the amount they are raised by is still only half what it should have been.
>>
>>339748241
>casual
>game modes
what do these have to do with each other?
>>
>>339743149
But I'm not a competitive person anon. It's a vidya, the effort I but to it amounts nothing.
>>
>>339748691
It doesn't, you don't get better by putting more effort into your game.

That's my opinion though! Don't go blowing me up on SRK because I think you get better by having the right attitude!
>>
>>339748603
what are you stupid
>>
>>339748198
But that mode is in SFV. In numerous modes. Why are shitposters intentionally trying to act retarded?
>>
Let's actually talk about the game for 1 second.
What do you feel about Ibuki being able to combo from her overhead into at least 2 EX specials, maybe even super ?
>>
>>339749135
It seems okay, damage scaling in SFV seems fair.
>>
>>339749135
can't tell until I've played her
>>
>>339749082
show me
>>
>>339749135
Chun li can do that too
>>
File: R Burka.jpg (75 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
R Burka.jpg
75 KB, 500x594
>IT
>WAS
>RUSHED
>PARTLY
>DUE
>TO
>SHITTY
>DECISIONS
>AND
>BEING
>READY
>FOR
>TOURNAMENT

/thread
>>
>>339749321
only in v trigger
>>
I'm just here for the waifus desu.
>>
>>339749541
hope Ibuki has a nice story costume
>>
>>339749541
Waifus are important!
>>
File: kitana___primary_by_nniy-d8wgf2d.jpg (782 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kitana___primary_by_nniy-d8wgf2d.jpg
782 KB, 1920x1080
>>339749541
>>
>>339749287
Play the fucking game and find out.
>>
File: 14487364875456.png (1 MB, 1278x553) Image search: [Google]
14487364875456.png
1 MB, 1278x553
>>339749615
well there's this
>>
>>339748489
>In addition even if you count averages the amount they are raised by is still only half what it should have been.

Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>339749905
no i want you to show me
>>
>>339749917
looks like a casual dress
I'll stick to the original ninja schoolgirl hybrid which already looks great.
>>
>>339747803
>beating a literal who in casuals
Wooooooww.
>>
>>339750025
I'm going to by SFV but I don't see how /v/ went from, "WAIT UNTIL THE GAME HAS A STANDARD PACKAGE" to "DAY ONE FIGHTAN GAME BUYS"
>>
>>339750151
well them come and beat me, a literal who, in casuals
>>
>>339750025
Story mode
Survival
Training against CPU with arcade conditions

There. Three separate modes for you to be a casual shitter on. Don't spout shit without doing research. SFV shitposting threads isn't reliable info.
>>
>>339750171
>waiting before buying a fighting game
enjoy being bodied online and trying to find someone at your level.
>>
>>339749541
I never realized SF had so many top tier waifus.

Just looking at SFV, I can't decide who I like more. Karin, Chun Li, Cammy New Ibuki which I love.. Laura and Mika are pretty great too.
>>
>>339750283
Okay, it's not like kaillera hasn't taught the internet anything
>>
>>339750238
Already did. I'm the French Ken player who beat you the other day.
>>
SFV shitposters don't even play the game as this thread just confirmed. Who is doing the shitposting then? Desperate KoF shills?
>>
File: u838lKWA11tgm3jvo2_r1_250.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
u838lKWA11tgm3jvo2_r1_250.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>339750251
wow so little
>>
>>339749541
I'm here for the waifus and the delicious LTG salt.
>>
>>339750445
>the other day
I haven't played ever since guile came out
>>
>>339750474
MKuck, just admit you were spouting shit. The game has Vs CPU in three different modes.
>>
File: 1459834571551.gif (2 MB, 293x199) Image search: [Google]
1459834571551.gif
2 MB, 293x199
>>339749917
I've been thinking about something this pic reminded me.

On the character select screen, there are only 5 more slots to put characters on. After season 1 it will only have 2 free slots. How do you think they will change this to add season 2 characters ?

will there ever be a season 2
>>
>>339750551
>I haven't played ever since guile came out
>match date: June 2
Okay.
>>
>>339750704
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>339750635
na fool i like SFV two you just sound like a ass hurt fanboy
>>
File: 1464162918556.jpg (67 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
1464162918556.jpg
67 KB, 600x902
>>339750953
>SFV two
>>
>>339750474
>>339750251
Does it have versus mode with cpu, though?
>>
>>339750696
Capcom already confirmed they fully intend to support the game with more DLC in the years to come.
>>
File: 20160602232713_1.jpg (214 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602232713_1.jpg
214 KB, 1920x1080
>>339750704
so you mean this Ken?
pretty sure that's england buddy
>>
>>339750696
Up to season 4, even 5.
>>
>>339750704
He obviously means since today fag
>>
>>339751147
Not what "he" said, though.
>>
>>339751091
Yeah, they also confirmed there would be a may update, special battles with not-TF2 soldier and big bison, and daily challenges
>>
>>339729478
There is story mode, survival and you can 1 v 1 NPCs in the game by changing options in training. This is just a situation where you didn't do your research, which is ok.
>>
>>339729478
Do not buy it. Stop supporting capcom and force them to get their shit together.
>>
>>339751079
Yes. You set it in training. You get perfect arcade conditions. But fuck if anyone cares no matter how many times I repeat this.
>>
>>339751204
yeah I did go online just now to play a couple matches since I expected people to actually step up and play me

which they didn't, so I had me some casual matches
>>
>>339751204
Yes what he said. You said you fought him the other day and you used the fact that he played today as proof of that which is retarded. Dumb paid shitposter.
>>
File: vscpu.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vscpu.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>339751284
Can you actually show me?

A youtube video or anything?
>>
>>339749082
Are you retarded?
>>
>>339751215
May update has been pushed to June, daily challenges will come eventually as they're integrated into the profiles and maybe all that other stuff will happen as well.
>>
File: what.jpg (426 KB, 1464x480) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
426 KB, 1464x480
>>339751538
so why can't the game have this
>>
>>339751538
Do you actually know the difference between SF FOUR and SF FIVE? Just fucking boot up SFV and go to menu and pick the right option you retard.
>>
File: 20160602233546_1.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160602233546_1.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
>>339751538
not him but I'm in the game right now anyway so here it is

>go into training mode, pick the character you want to play, pick the character you want to fight
>go into menu
>dummy settings
pic should explain the rest
>>
>>339751098
How did you get that title?
>>
>>339751918
How do you set the rounds and the time limit and all the other features that let you test glitches and exploits?
>>
>>339751690
I know and hope they will eventually come, I just wanted to shitpost since this thread is all about it.
>>
>>339750251
None of those modes are nearly as convenient to play as arcade mode or Vs-CPU mode and you know it.
>>
>>339751706
It. Fucking. Does.
>>
>>339752008
go one more menu to the right, you'll get options to set health etc. to whatever you might need

of course a normal arcade mode would be better, since it's a whopping 3 button presses faster to set up, but otherwise they're the same in every aspect
>>
>>339752294
So if I wanted to show how Cammy or R.Mika could do a 40% combo and use a certain tactic to waste the clock, it would be applicable to Training Mode?
>>
>>339751997
I believe the yellow titles are "Win a bunch of ranked matches with [Character of your choice]"
>>
>>339752008
Don't answer this, next he will be asking how to combo into a haduken or how to connect a second controller. Retards these days need everything handed to them, they can't explore a product they spent $60 on.
>>
>>339752378
Stop helping this guy, he is trolling. There are millions of videos online about how to set this shit up and it is pretty obvious how to do it in the game just by looking around.
>>
>>339752386
>a bunch
I just got the "win 300 ranked matches" achievement and still didn't receive the title despite playing only one character. Plus, I played a shitload of casual and lobby matches as well.
>>
>>339752405
>>339752532
hivemind if false!
>>
>>339752378
>So if I wanted to show how Cammy or R.Mika could do a 40% combo
as with any training mode that would be possible

>and use a certain tactic to waste the clock
care to name the tactic?
>>
>>339731534
>SFV
>About outplaying the person next to you

Or just play Nash/Ken/Chun Li since those 3 make up 50% or more of top 32s nowadays. No need to learn when half the cast is designed to just strike throw all day.

I swear they didn't think about jack shit when they gave characters 11-13 frame dashes in this game. Nash/Ken can AA people with such poor timing and get a on frame advantage meaty after the AA reset because they have dashes with so little startup.
>>
>>339752760
I don't know if it exists or not, it's just the principle of the matter which we are both stressing, and you keep defaulting on.
>>
My biggest issue with SFV is how 3soe and UMVC3 had a 1 v 1 instant rematch option. I don't understand how that isn't a thing. Its so much more annoying to return to the lobby after a max of 10 matches and hell it just feels like it takes longer to start matches then in UMVC3

Also the online is so terrible that sometimes the option to rematch during the ft3/5/10 etc won't load for one player and will force a lobby return.

The game isn't even a exceptional fighter its just a decent one at its core and everything else that surrounds it is just cancerous.
>>
>>339753152
>My biggest issue with SFV is how 3soe and UMVC3 had a 1 v 1 instant rematch option. I don't understand how that isn't a thing
But... SFV has that.
>>
Anybody from Europe wanna play a bit?
>>
>>339753247
No it doesn't anon. It has a ft??? setting that goes up to 10. And last night playing multiple people i ran into the fact the rematch option wouldn't even pop up and forced a lobby return on my screen. Its no infinite and what we have is vastly inferior to GG/UMVC/3soe
>>
>>339752898
so you want a training mode for something that doesn't exist yet?
>>
>>339753519
If you have seen the webms, and still decided to be unaware, or ignorant, I can't do much more than try and explain it to you.
>>
>>339753471
Let's say, it *should* have that feature just it still doesn't work sometimes and the players will just not get the rematch option to show up.

Though yeah you can only ever do ft10 at a time and then you're back to the lobbies. Granted, no upper limit would be better. Still a bit of a minor complaint if you ask me.
>>
>>339753776
I really don't see what having a menu option for "vs CPU" does for you that the training mode CPU doesn't

they're exactly the same, except for the menu entry for that "mode"
>>
>>339729865
Can't you play 1v1 against the computer in training mode?
>>
>>339754473
It's okay, I mean it's just something we don't see eye to eye on. It's just something that should probably be in the game. It's not that serious, just a feature that would benefit players more, had it existed.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.