[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U to be Multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: zelda.png (784 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
zelda.png
784 KB, 1024x1024
>yfw Nintendo unveils the big twist at E3.
>Zelda U is actually the world's first open-world MULTIPLAYER game.
>This is why the game was delayed and why Link hasn't been shown off with his iconic tunic. In this game, everyone is a hero.

Zelda has never had this much attention at an E3. Every year, they are always thrown in at the end, much as an afterthought. Yet Nintendo has more game room space than Microsoft this year and almost as much as Sony. All for what? Zelda U and Sun and Moon?

Something BIG is coming.
>>
>>339720756
kys
>>
>>339720756
You'd think Triforce Zero Sales would have convinced them nobody wants multiplayer Zelda games.
>>
File: 1447986419517.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1447986419517.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>wanted multiplayer in starfox zero
>didn't get it even though game was delayed
>delay zelda to put multiplayer in
>literally no one wanted this
>>
File: 085.png (389 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
085.png
389 KB, 600x450
>>339720946
>>
>>339722001
>Starfox Zero would benefit from multiplayer dogfights
>Get half assed "split controls in half" co-op
>Zelda would benefit from "split controls in half" co-op where one player controls Link on the TV and the other controls the companion on the Gamepad's touch screen
>"Everyone is the hero"
It's so stupid it might actually be true
>>
>>339720946
>Triforce Zero Sales

It sold over 1 million.
>>
File: SkywardSwordReturns.jpg (519 KB, 1351x1073) Image search: [Google]
SkywardSwordReturns.jpg
519 KB, 1351x1073
Reminder that Zelda U is also a Skyward Sword pre-sequel.
>>
>>339720756
>first open world mp game

pretty sure that's false.

and anyway, that would be one of the least interesting things they could do with the series. so it's probably true. something tells me they don't really give much of a fuck about this series anymore.
>>
Reminder that Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon has multiplayer but things like Kirby Triple Deluxe, New Super Mario bros, 3D world, Hyrule Warriors and Legends don't.
>>
>>339722456
I can see reggie saying "everyone is the hero"
>>
>>339722757
Is this b8?
>>
>>339722757
>HW doesn't

really? that's odd.
>>
>>339722868
It does on Wii U.
>>
>>339722861
No, I mean multiplayer as in go online and play with others, Luigi's Mansion is the only game that does this and I find it odd especially when Triple Deluxe and Robo bot have pretty cool sub game modes that would work well online. Is there any real reason these Mario games don't have online play?

>>339722868
Only Local.

I like all of the games regardless but I just thought it was weird.
>>
>>339723138
Well yeah, Luigi was just a little side mode taking place in small unpopulated rooms, which was designed for multiplayer. The other games (besides Kirby and Legends) let you play the entire main game cooperatively.

You have a point with Kirby, especially with the sub games being sold separately. But those other games just include it as a bonus so you don't have to play alone. They're not dedicated multiplayer modes, just an option to play together.
>>
>>339723719
Fair point. Just feels a little upsetting its mostly restricted to local or download play. Especially Robo Bot's RPG game mode.
>>
>>339722625

this is interesting
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.