[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else enjoying this more than 2 and 3? I really like how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 23815901722_4d1edfgf4ed1_b.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
23815901722_4d1edfgf4ed1_b.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
Anyone else enjoying this more than 2 and 3?
I really like how open it feels compared to the previous games. Also, giving you time to breathe between gunfights was a smart move. I liked that in TLoU as well.
>>
>>339715535
I thought it sucked.

There are way too many pointless glorified hallway segments witb "push the cart" excuses for puzzles that don't serve to enhance gameplay, they just throw an obstacle in front of the player for no reason. The writing is tiresome and full of uninspired cliche quips. The addition of overly gamey stealth hud mechanics lose the game its cinematic edge. The whole opening of the game takes hours before anything happens and the cutscenes are metal gear tier long with empty dialogue between tired characters. The platforming is repetitive and easy, with white paint lining every single hold. The whole of elenas arc was just a soundboard to showcase the faux emotional depth of their storytelling, which they insisted telling excruciatingly slowly over hours of holding forward on the left stick while occasionally pushing a crate to a wall. The only additions to the game were good graphics and faster more vertical combat with more expanded stealth. It's like they took everything wrong with uncharted 3 (severe handholding, too many walking segments, unexplained villains) and wrong with last of us (huge pieces of gameplay dedicated only to walking, empty quips between characters, repetitive crate/plank pushing puzzles) and put them together. They even lifted a lot of the structure off the past games. In media res opening followed by a stealthy heist from uncharted 2, then a childhood section demonstrating the relationship between past characters. There was another jump from truck to truck level, which was also in u2 and u3.
>>
>>339715801
I just feel like this game had no inspiration behind it. There was nothing that had to be said. It was the same for 3. They just tried to make a good game and without any substance it just feels like an exercise in game design practice. Last of us, one of my favorite games, had a thematic mission driving it, something absent from both 3 and 4. I feel like sony just approached them and said, we need an uncharted game to sell ps4s. So they just churned out a game they knew was polished and that's it. But there were so many times playing the game where i thought, why was this even put in the game? It literally offers nothing to the player but to make it take longer to go from point a to b.
>>
>>339715801
>>339715887
rekt
>>
The one part of the game that pissed me off was the exploding mummy tunnel, what the hell where they thinking?

Any yeah I agree what the Uncharted series needed was a bit of variety instead of just shooting, puzzles and climbing. And the larger more open levels were great to explore
>>
>>339715535
Does it feel open, or is it actually open?

I'm playing UC2 for the first time now and it's very obviously a straight line. A pretty straight line, but it's kind of shocking.
>>
>>339717849
It is open.
>>
>>339717849
Theres linear traversal sections that connect the open areas, and they actually somewhat hide the way to progress in them so it doesn't feel like you're being railroaded so much. You have to actually poke around in corners and stuff to find out where to go.

It's fairly refreshing and definitely a huge improvement over the previous games
>>
>>339718876
I have to disagree. The only section I was even slightly confused is when you're in Madagascar heading towards the dormant volcano and you gotta drive up some rocks. Even then it was fairly obvious which direction you had to head.

The puzzles were slightly better and less handholdy than 2 or 3 but that's not saying a lot as those ones were literally; THE BOOK SAYS MOVE STATUES THIS WAY LETS DO THAT.

I enjoyed the game but 2 > 3 = 4 > 1
>>
>>339715801
>>339715887
truth
>>
>>339719318
What about when you're exploring the archipelago with Sam in the speedboat? Theres a few totally open exploring sections and then even most of the normal traversal is semi-open, even if it's fairly obvious where to go.
I'm not saying its expansive or even semi open world or anything but it's definitely a huge improvement over the previous 'exploring'
>>
>>339719654
Yeah okay I won't argue it feels way more open than previous ones. It wasn't really clear but I was just arguing your? point that you don't feel as rail roaded. I honestly sort of forgot about that part with Sam, you mean just before they go in the cave with Avery's ship?
The slightly more open level design reminded me a little bit of the 2nd level of Halo: CE where you can look around but ultimately I felt that thing of the game designers really wanting me to go a certain way
>>
>>339715801
>>339715887
Saved me the typing. Best Uncharted 4 review right here. When I beat it last week I felt nothing
>>
Ok so I'm at the drawbridge in Madagascar and so far these other open areas leave a lot to be desired. The most you get out of these sections is an alternate sub weapon pick up, one collectible, and maybe an old letter written from the pirate crew. Is this it? Is this what you're applauding as a break from the gunfights? You'd be totally fine missing these letters and still understanding the story. And unlike TLOU where there were those letters you could find tracing back a singular person's quest, which was well handled in TLOU, you don't get those kind of letters in this. These way stations in these areas are utterly pointless and only serve to pad out where ever I'm going to.
>>
I love it so much. One of the best games I've ever played desu. The combat is so fun and mobile; it is one of the fastest paced cover shooters I have ever played. And the combat AI is great, it reminds me of the AI from games like F.E.A.R. They're always coordinating and trying to flank you, flushing you out with nades etc
>>
crushing is not even that hard I dont know what all the babies are complaining about. Just go for the power weapons
>>
>>339716343
This.
Playing this on crushing you had to dodge stupidly precisely otherwise there was no way forward. Ruined any "cinematic experience" and pacing
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.