[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scam Shitizen: Squandered 42 million
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: ShJsW.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1377) Image search: [Google]
ShJsW.jpg
205 KB, 1024x1377
They aren't even going to E3 this year because after 5 years they still haven't built anything resembling a game yet.

What went wrong?
>>
File: nervous frog.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
nervous frog.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>5 years
The fuck are you talking about? You scared me with that. It's only been 3 years and a few months.
>>
File: Origin_300i_glamour_shot.png (717 KB, 1739x989) Image search: [Google]
Origin_300i_glamour_shot.png
717 KB, 1739x989
>>339704817
It was initially announced in November of 2011 with their major crowd funding campaign kicking off in 2012

Yeah its been 5 fucking years already
>>
Its obviously shit how little progess they seem to have made but when you crowd fund a game aiming for 10 mil and up with 50 mil, that shit is going to delay the fuck out of everything and make it a much bigger task than they had previously planned
>>
were they at previous e3s? because if so thats fucking hilarious
>>
>>339706465
The amount of progress they've made in 5 years is something I'd expect from a weekend mod team. Not a small army of industry veterans with $115 million of funding.
>>
>le star citizen meme
When will this shit die? I thought you mouth breathing retards would have fucked off when they released that 2.0 thing or whatever it was called.
>>
>>339706785
But when you get x5 the funding that will fuck up any plans you laid out and massively increase the work load
>>
I wish I could be paid millions of dollars and not have to show anything for it.
>>
>>339706931
Or, y'know, you stick to the initial plan for the game everyone was sold on to begin with instead of stringing people along with the promise of an eventual game and $1000 .jpg images
>>
>>339707146
And do what with the othet $40mil?
>>
>>339707175
Call it profit.
Use it to bankroll development of expansions to your already completed and existing game
>>
>>339706785

Yes but now with that bitching sliding glass door in their office, they'll surely ramp up development now.
>>
>>339707426
That's not how it works. Don't devote anymore mental processes to this topic, leave it alone and close this thread.
>>
>>339707501
You don't need a glass door to see their treachery
>>
>>339707674
Not him, but maybe you should explain what is wrong withg this idea. Surely there is nice explanation on why pulling a DNF is better then making a solid base and growing on it.
>>
>>339707674
see
>>339707834

Many people paid for a space sim game, not an ever expanding list of features that will never be completed.
>>
>>339708276
There is not even a progress to begin with
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.