[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls and 60fps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
The only reason this isn't running at 60fps on PS4 is because we let the motherfuckers at From get away with lazy coding.

Miyazaki actually said he could have done it, just that he was feeling a bit lazy that day.

Why the fuck haven't we as the community organized and told that fucker to make it run at 60fps or face the consequences?
>>
File: 4ThePlayers.png (107 KB, 782x604) Image search: [Google]
4ThePlayers.png
107 KB, 782x604
Miyazaki's statement (applies to DS3 because the same engine was used for bloodborne)
>>
They'd rather have one more shitty filter running over the game than getting the double the framerate anon.
Its easier to sell "better looking" screenshots than better gameplay.
>>
>>339702646
In that case I'd settle for what they did what TLOU remaster, let the user switch the fricking gfx options and get 60fos if they want
>>
>>339702861
that takes work tho
locking shit down is easier
>>
>>339703032
I'm a programmer (not a graphics programmer though so I could be wrong)

Letting users switch system options on and off is no tougher than letting them choose a style
>>
>>339702646
>They'd rather have one more shitty filter running over the game than getting the double the framerate anon.

That's not really how it works. Post processing usually has very little impact on performance. The problem is the engine. It looks only slightly above average and is optimized like piss. Hopefully after DS3 they'll drop it.
>>
>>339703371
Learn how to use apis
>>
A game ought to have two options: resolution-sparing mode (variable or locked 30FPS) or performance-sparing mode (variable resolution, 60FPS). Nioh's been experimenting with it, and many other games have a dynamic resolution to keep frame rate stable.
>>
>>339703891
What has that got to do with what I said
>>
Nonsensical bait.
>>
>>339704184
>bait
Fuck off, it's a legit criticism
>>
>>339704184
How the fuck is it bait, shitlord?
>>
>>339703371
So how are you going to handle combat between one person at 30 fps and another person at 60 fps, only let the 30 fps person interact with them 50% of the time?
>>
It's not 60fps because the PS4 isn't a powerful console and From Software are not good developers of software, even if they make good games.
>>
>>339705068
FPS have been dealing with players on different hardware for about 2 decades, it can't be that difficult
>>
>>339705719
First person shooters, that is
>>
60 fps is the least of this game's problems. What about the fact that the netcode is shit, half the covenants STILL don't work properly, and lack of poise?
>>
>>339705068
The exact same way every pc multiplayer game has worked for decades
>>
>dark souls fans
>critisizing From

DS4 could run at 15 fps and Souls fan will call it intentional design.
>>
>>339705719
There aren't many FPS games that handle third person melee combat, as a rule.
>>
File: 1455553151890.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
1455553151890.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>339706000
>critisizing
>>
>>339705197
This tbfh. I wish we could make an open source Dark Souls and use actual good fucking netcode based on the source of something like Unreal or Quake.
>>
>>339702498
Most of the ps4 players don't even know what 60fps means lol
>>
>>339706115
>open source Dark Souls clone
Why isn't this a thing already
>>
>>339706278
Good question, you start.
>>
I'm old and /vr/ and never really cared about fps much, but having watched some videos of the PC version I have to admit it looks way better and I wish my version ran like that.
>>
>>339702498

'face the consequences'

lmao
>>
>>339706428
I actually might do this, I am pretty obsessed with the gameplay and design of Dark Souls and wonder if I could match it, the only part I would have trouble with is the level design and modelling, I am shit at graphics. But I might start out with a demo using shit models and take it from there.
>>
File: bonefire.jpg (122 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bonefire.jpg
122 KB, 1024x576
>>339702498
kek
>>
>>339705878
I'd rather have no poise in this game. It would just lead to great weapons not having hyper armor and making them completely useless in pvp
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.