[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the genius who came up with the tablet controller ever get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: panel-2-carousel-3.png (96 KB, 515x196) Image search: [Google]
panel-2-carousel-3.png
96 KB, 515x196
Did the genius who came up with the tablet controller ever get fired?

I wouldn't want his ideas anymore.
>>
It was probably more of a team effort than one guy having the idea.

The president died though if that's good enough for you
>>
>>339696413
>It was probably more of a team effort than one guy having the idea.

Thats even worse
>>
>>339696295
not controllers fault that you have tiny hands
>>
>>339696583
I have big hands.

There was no reason to make the controller into a tablet. It just gives me an extra screen that I never ever look at and drove up the price of the box. And it's not very comfortable either.
>>
>>339696740
>And it's not very comfortable either.
I find it comfortable, probably one of best controller out of many I used.
People have different tastes, go figure.
Screen is nice way to have less cluttered with UI main screen, shame most games don't use it efficiently.
>>
Off TV play is fucking awesome. I'm glad the controller had a screen.
>>
>>339696740
It actually had a few good reasons to be made but they didn't outweigh the negatives.

The gamepad works better as an add-on for games that can make creative use of it rather than forcing it on people.
>>
>>339696295
>>339696413
>>339696515
>>339696740
The tablet is fucking awesome.
No one should be fired for having a good idea.
>>
>>339696295
The controller is great and it gave us Splatoon.
>>
>>339696295
Yes, he's in the grave now.
>>
Fire the person who came up with the stupid fucking name.

Wii U

"what our casual audience doesn't realize it's a new console how is that possible"
>>
File: 1433710556746.png (19 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1433710556746.png
19 KB, 291x317
I like the gamepad. Surprisingly it has held up through the considerable abuse of my little nephew and hundreds of hours of Bayo/X/Smash/MK8/Splatoon/Mario Maker. It's not a wiimote situation where I'm missing an analog stick and two pair of triggers, it's just a controller with a screen in it.

Meanwhile my DS4 died within a year, half of of which was spent collecting dust.
>>
the tablet is great.
>>
Retards thought the DS was popular because of the dual screen and not because it looked like a mobile phone and had normalfag and otaku games.
>>
File: 1456991925953.png (137 KB, 507x523) Image search: [Google]
1456991925953.png
137 KB, 507x523
>>339701231
>looked like a mobile phone
>>
>>339696295
i hated it at first but being able to play it on my bed (i only have a shitty 24" screen in my room) is the fucking tits. i felt asleep many times playing /watching dumb shit on the internet with this pad it's comfy
>>
>>339699851
I never believed the whole too similar in name concept

how the fuck is the PS4 not as easily misunderstood as being the same console?
>>
>>339696295

The tablet has been indispensable in several great games. It was a good idea, just underutilized and stuck with a poor-selling console.

Just having a map and quick menu interface on a separate screen instead of clogging up the main screen is a godsend, just like on DS.
>>
Tablet Controller is comfy as fuck and I want some kind of api interface for using it on the pc one day

I just wish more games supported it well.
>>
>>339701645
yeah, as long you don't need to give second screen same amount of attention as main one. Either quick glance for map/health something or just completely switch to managing inventory or probes in Xenoblade X for example
>>
>>339696295

The controller itself is fine and in most cases optional.

The problem is the price of the controller, the shitty advertizing and the fact that devs don't want to have to write a specific version of games just for the controller.
They want every console to be the same so they can just copy-paste release their game as multiplat
>>
>>339696295

Second best controller to exist.
>>
>>339699851
the name was the very least of the wii Us problems. The entire concept of the console was the biggest problem. it was an overpriced mess and had no obvious appeal to anybody. and there were literally no games for like 2 years.
>>
>>339696295
tablet is good, people is just refusing to change
>>
>>339701231
ds was popular because the touch screen was actually a cool novelty at the time and it had smartphone games like brain training and layton before smartphones were even a thing. and it also had serious games for the nerds.

people say smartphones took the wii audience but that's wrong. smartphones took the DS audience more than anything
>>
>>339696295
best console of this gen in the ideas side

Poorly executed, marketed and supported though. Hardware could be much better.
>>
File: wiiu.jpg (421 KB, 1500x1184) Image search: [Google]
wiiu.jpg
421 KB, 1500x1184
Riddle me this
>>
>>339696949
The Z buttons were overly sensitive and annoying as fuck as a result. Also, it does feel more cumbersome after extended use, especially in games that require a lot of button inputs (I'm mostly thinking about Tekken Tag 2 here)
>>
>>339696295

The only bad thing about the Gamepad was that Nintendo didn't give Atlus a bag of money to make Etrian HD.
>>
>>339702772
I dont hold my controller out in front of my face when playing on a TV
>>
>>339701538

People associate numbers with a new version all the time thanks to movies and more using 2, 3 and 4 and so on to refer to stuff, not to mention already being aware of the naming convention since the PS2.

But Wii U just sounds like EVERY other shitty tie-in the Wii had.
>>
>>339703096
I don't even get how this is a complaint, a TV is a bit of a distance from your face no matter what, whilst the gamepad screen is conveniently close to you - so are you complaining about the fact you're using a TV instead of a monitor at a desk or what?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.