[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man is this is some hot garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4
File: Mmx7box.jpg (727 KB, 900x1281) Image search: [Google]
Mmx7box.jpg
727 KB, 900x1281
Man is this is some hot garbage
>>
>>339695269
>X is on the cover
>he's not usable from the get-go

Why did they do this
>>
YOU PUNK-YOU PUNK-YOU PUNKKKKK

GRBBBGRGNBBRRLLLL
>>
File: Flamehyenard.jpg (527 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Flamehyenard.jpg
527 KB, 1400x1400
don't forget to burn to the ground
>>
>>339695269
one of the few games i dropped because of the final boss rush. bosses were shit in this game. levels were shit. axl was shit. megaman felt like shit. just sad.

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND
>>
>>339695269
The Sonic 06 of Mega Man right there. Not even terrible in a funny way either.
>>
>>339696009
Notice how Axl's face-gem is the one on the logo?
>>
>>339695269

BURN
>>
>>339699730
I dropped it at Sigma palace first level. Too much is too much.
>>
>>339696009
The game was released around the time MGS2 came out and Capcom wanted to do a similar bait and switch which made Kojima's game so memorable.
>>
You know it wasn't that the x series was bad

It's just they literally stopped trying to make it a good game

X8 was good but still a half assed attempt when a little under half of the stages were on rails lazy shit

If they put care into it, it would still be selling
>>
I like x7
>>
>>339701971
>half of the stages were on rails lazy shit
This is the reason I hate the console titles postSNES. Mega Man 8 just seemed like it wanted to be a minigame collection, and X4 and on couldn't get enough of the forced-scrolling Ride Chasers.
>>
>>339701893
Look there is a fine copypasta that compares MMX to MGS, but Axl was in the E3 demo.
>>
>>339701971
They'd still either have to change it up or bribe reviewers into not shitting on it for rehashing the same formula.
>>
>>339702593
Not making hot garbage would land them those middle of the road 7s that Mega Man games have routinely gotten since the NES games.
>>
>>339696009
The game is called Mega Man for a reason
>>
>>339695269
>hot garbage
What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>339702894
X5 was shat on hard because it was too similar to the last 4 games.
>>
>>339703002
X5 was shat on hard because of the numerous shitty game design choices.
>>
>>339702957

TO THE GROUND
>>
>>339703002
Which I'm sure had little to do with reusing the same upgrades from X4. Obviously retreading and recycling.
>>
>>339703125
Like what? It may not have been as good as the earlier games but it wasn't anywhere near as badly designed as X6.
>>
Eh
I didnt hate it
>>
>>339703334
Upgrades not being shared despite being able to select either X or Zero regardless of who you choose for the playthrough
Unskippable cutscenes
Alia pop up messages, also unskippable
Being able to permanently lose Zero because of the shuttle randomly failing, especially if he's been your primary character
>>
>>339703942
The Zero games also do unskippable cutscenes yet nobody complains about them. But you're right about everything else.
>>
>>339702957

BURN!
>>
>>339701971
I think the problem with X8 was less being on rails and more that like half the stages had some kind of obnoxious gimmick associated with them that made them really unfun to play. Each stage should have unique elements to them but X8 went too far with it and it just didn't even feel like a platformer half the time
>>
>>339703942
Don't forget the damage sponge boss refights
>>
>>339695269

I beat it once and I'm never gonna touch it again.
>>
>recognize that X6 is one of the worst games in the series
>dat fucking soundtrack kills my ability to even get mad at it
>>
>>339705008

Ah yes that's partly what I meant. It's not on rails per say but for me it might as well be since you have to follow the path of the gimmick instead of having the usual well designed stages

Like the desert stage where the robot comes and you just have to run and hit the lever. TWICE
>>
>>339702894

Well they clearly had to adapt.

Megaman x had great aspects that were never explored.

Like humans getting slaughtered. Just make a legends game with realistic visuals making you go around doing maverick detective work and work on the gameplay in third person. Interact with other reploids and normal safe areas etc. You could make x and zero move around like the guys in legends with walljumping and airdash.

The whole beat a gimmick stage and fight a gimmick animal boss and repeat x7 was wearing thin.

Command mission was close but it was a turn based rpg in a city full of only reploids where you couldn't access the normal areas.
>>
>>339704271
They are also a lot faster. At least you CAN skip them on the second playthrough after.
>>
>>339703942
>Being able to permanently lose Zero because of the shuttle randomly failing, especially if he's been your primary character
That being said, one of the best feelings is just saying fuck everything, firing the cannon the first chance you get and WOW WE DESTROYED THE COLONY
Now you don't have to deal with any of that timed bullshit. Too bad it's literally up to chance.
>>
>>339706436
That's stupidly rare though. I've played X5 dozens of times and have only gotten that to happen once
>>
Was X8 a good send-off for the series, in your opinion?
>>
>>339706686
It was a much better send-off than X6 or X7 at the very least.
>>
>>339706623
I just did it at the start of one of my playthroughs because I didn't feel like dealing with it.
Guess I was just stupidly lucky.
What was even stupider was the fact that I didn't save it for using on later playthroughs.
>>
>>339696009
BUT ANON

MUH SIDEKICKS
>>
What does that mean?

Hot garbage
>>
>>339706686
Despite its gimmicky nature, it's probably my third favorite X game. It was just fun despite its glaring flaws.

An X9 following in its footsteps would have been absolutely perfect, granted they gave it tighter level design, a less anonymous soundtrack and a proper conclusion leading into the Zero series.
>>
>>339707326
But anon, we got X9
as an RPG.
>>
>>339706686

Not really. Looking at X8, I just feel disappointed knowing these mechanics could have been utilized in a better game.

Kinda like X6 actually.
>>
>>339703002
X5 was shit on because it was an obviously rushed product, with many annoying design flaws.

It's not a bad game by any means, but it was a sad attempt compared to X4.
>>
>>339707423
It came out quite some time before X8, and even the developers said that it doesn't really fit anywhere in the main series. It was a product done for fun.
>>
>>339707528
>tfw xebec never came back to the series to animate the female robot titties and asses
This is truely the worst version of reality.
>>
>>339707639
Oh. I thought it had came out the same time or a bit after 8. My bad.
>>
>>339695269
I-I'M SORRY
>>
>>339707758
Well, there's only half a year between them, but they were done by different teams that had little to do with each other. Command Mission never really addresses the events of X8 and X8 doesn't really lead into them.

It also takes place at the same time as the Zero series, so you know.
>>
File: 1440083356249.png (215 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1440083356249.png
215 KB, 510x546
>playing any X game other then X1
>>
>>339708031
Well clearly then it's an alternate universe where the Elf Wars never happened
>>
>>339708087
You mean X2?
>>
>>339708087
It's a shame the X series started off on a note that never could be beaten, but most of the titles are still worth playing.
>>
>>339701971

>It's just they literally stopped trying to make it a good game

X4 through 6 got dwindling reviews for rehashing the same old shit. Do you really blame Capcom for changing up the gameplay so drastically instead of phoning it in with another 2D platformmer?

The answer is yes because Cacom was trying to ride trends (change in protagonist to a HIP COOL KID W/ GUNZ, full voice acting, 3D sections, nostalgia pandering, casualization with auto aim and the constant tutorials, and a mountain of other issues) and failed hard.

I'm surprised more people don't defend it unironically for trying to be it's own original thing like people do with the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>339708240
>nostalgia pandering
>in X7
Uh, what?
>>
>>339705807

>never ever a Zero game with the Elf Wars
>never ever a followup to the cliff-hanging ending of ZX Advent
>Mega is forever stuck on the moon in Legends
>>
>>339708365
>Battle network and Star Force were the only games with definitive endings
Fucking amazing.
>>
>>339708087

2-4 were acceptable.

Command Mission and X8 are too despite the gimmicks. Everything else can BURN TO THE GROUND!
>>
>>339695269
Has a bad rep, but I liked X8

The only bad X games are 3, 6 and 7
>>
>>339708240
X4 had great reviews, though. It's really the peak of the series in many peoples eyes, and it renewed the formula while not straying too far away from it. Anime cut-scenes was also boner inducing, and a true statement of its time and the system(s) it was on.

They should have left the series alone after that and tried renewing it again in the same manner on the PS2. In other words, X8 should have been the real X7 from the start, though most preferably the real X5.
>>
>>339708361

there were a bunch of X1 references.

Armoured Armadillo came back as a stage hazard in Red's levels and you even have the fucking highway prologue at one point.
>>
>>339708597
Eh, I guess if you put it that way.
>>
>>339704271
>The Zero games also do unskippable cutscenes
There's a reason they made some stuff skippable around 3.
>>
>>339706686
No but an improvement over the crap that started after X4. Probably on par with X4 actually.
>>
>>339708087
X2 is as great as X.
>>
>>339708558
>X4 had great reviews, though. It's really the peak of the series in many peoples eyes
Same shit as Sonic Adventure 2, muh first game in the series, muh Shadow/Zero. Both are wonky games enduring thanks to nostalgia wank.

>Anime cut-scenes was also boner inducing
See? Exactly what I said above.
>>
>>339709879
I think X4 holds up a hell of lot better than SA2 but I agree that it's not the apex of the series that some people think it is
>>
>>339709679
>forgettable soundtrack
>boring boss designs
>annoying stages
>>>bike
>shit intro stage
>bad Sigma battle
>resurrecting Zero, thus dooming the franchise forever

It really wasn't. Aside from X-hunters and some cool uses of power-ups, it did nothing of value.
>>
>>339709879

X4 isn't nearly as broken as SA2. The anime cutscenes aren't as interesting any more though.
>>
>>339709879
>pulling the nostalgia card ever
Confirmed underage.

And come on mate, despite some poor level design at times, it was a damn solid game.
>>
>>339710529
X4 isn't broken at all. It was a polished product because they actually spent some time on it, despite some really bullshit design choices. And anime cutscenes are still cool, because out of all the games, only X4 and MHX have them.

X3 port doesn't count.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.