[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Daggerballs worth a play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 320x200
Is Daggerballs worth a play?
>>
>>339688879
Only elder scrolls game worth playing
>>
I fucking love it. But I grew up with it. I think it's one of those games that has such archaic mechanics that unless you're used to it it wouldn't be much fun. But, fuck it, it's free... try and see for yourself.
>>
Any old fags play red guard on release?
>>
>>339688879

Sure is. Get eyes of argonia mod. Save before and after EVERY FUCKING quest. This game has some famous (and patented funny enough..) game breaking bugs, that you really can't do anything about. Language skills are usless. And don't commit a crime in the daggerfall province or wayrest province.

Also, answer questions on your char sheet yourself, get the ebony dagger gift.

Have fun
>>
>>339689251
>Cheesing with the ebony dagger
Fucking pleb.
>>
ugh, no

the main quest line was about 5 missions long and all about WHO DO YOU GIVE THE MACGUFFIN WHO TURNS THEM INTO GOD?

the rng-spewed dungeons were chaotic, ugly, total messes. the world was rng-spewed towns full of soulless NPCs.

the most fun was setting your stats to 100, crafting a spell called Genocide which does MAXIMUM DAMAGE at MAXIMUM AOE, and casting Genocide against the town. And then keep doing that until you've amused your sociopathic desires. Actually maybe that's where the TES tradition of murdering every NPC you come across came from?
>>
>>339688879
The combat is actually the least annoying of the entire series.

Still not good, of course.
>>
>>339689656
Compared to its contemporaries it was light-years ahead.
>>
>>339689656
>the main quest line
who cares

>the rng-spewed dungeons
If you don't like dungeon crawling then don't play a dungeon crawler.
Although it has to be pointed out that even the "small" sized dungeons are enormous.

Also learn English, because that's not how you formulate a question.
>>
>>339689610

Hey man, keep it for when you run into an enemy you don't have a weapon with the right material for, sell it, or cheese.

Free shit nigga
>>
It has some curiosity value if you don't mind horribly broken game system design (which also applies to every Bethesda game)
>>
>>339689816
If you like dungeon crawling there are infinitely better games for it than any Elder Scrolls
>>
>>339690142
Not at the time when Daggerfall was released.
>>
>>339688879
Really though, what was the point of making the map that huge?
>>
>>339690284
Why not? It would be nice if Bethesda still gave enough of a fuck to put forth actual effort still.
>>
>>339690428
I see you haven't played Daggerfall.
>>
>>339690221
Wizardry and Wizardry clones as a genre are 15 years older than Daggerfall and they never stopped being made
>>
>>339690428
>actual effort

Dude, over 99% of the world is randomly generated. It was actually criticized on release for being repetitive and same-y. Morrowind's smaller, personally structured world was a response to this criticism.
>>
>>339690284
Because continents aren't 20 miles across? Because major cities usually contain more than 50 people?
>>
>>339690709
>>339690428
The smart way of doing things would have been to keep only the province of Daggerfall (which in itself is bigger than any other elder scrolls map), and put more effort into making it interesting.

Don't bullshit yourselves: nobody walked around in this game. Everyone just fast-travelled from one point to another.
>>
>>339690428
You can tell somebody hasn't played Daggerfall, because they praise Daggerfall.

No, Daggerfall's huge world was complete garbage and the game actively encouraged you to ignore it. Actually walking in the overworld instead of using fast travel makes it literally unplayable. In the same vain, Daggerfall's dungeons are the worst I have ever seen in a video game. I have no idea what kind of inhuman monstrosity they were designed for, but it's certainly not made for human enjoyment.

The only good part is the character creation system. it's actually pretty sweet.
>>
>>339688879

Just play it for the nude sprites. And the one book in the game about queen byzantine or whatever her name was, book explains in detail her getting fucked in a bar by one of the cat faggots in front of everyone and then she bitchs about the cats penis being barbed. True shit yo
>>
>>339691025
Link to a text dump of the book
>>
>>339691016
>The only good part is the character creation system
Don't forget the armor layers! Those were neat as fuck
>>
>>339691016
Daggerfall's RPG mechanics were so much better than any other elder scrolls. I think Darklands probably has the best character creation system I've ever seen, though.
>>
>>339691358
>Daggerfall's RPG mechanics were so much better than any other elder scrolls.
You mean like how half the skills were broken?
>>
>>339691086

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Real_Barenziah,_Part_III

Kinda hot actually, dark elf women are really slutty..
>>
Daggerfall is still the only game I've ever been fully lost in a dungeon. The only game where finding my way into daylight felt like an achievement. The only game where hearing an ancient lich made me give up on a quest altogether and run away.
>>
>>339691467
No, that would be the execution of the mechanics. But as far as actual rpg mechanics, Morrowind is meh, and everything past that is casualized garbage.
>>
File: 1464087332407.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464087332407.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>339691541
>the real barenziah
>"queen bizantine or something"

im dead
>>
File: Daggerfall vs Morrowind 2.png (329 KB, 1334x1706) Image search: [Google]
Daggerfall vs Morrowind 2.png
329 KB, 1334x1706
>>339688879
>>
>>339691661
TP anchor at dungeon entrance is mandatory
>>
>>339689816
retard
he was saying the dungeons sucked because they were all proc gen
if you like dungeon crawlers, why not play one with decent dungeons?
>>
>>339690796
I tried walking from one town to the next. It's possible but just repeated polygonal terrain.
I would love to see them do this now though. Someone needs to remake Daggerfall like that Morrowind remake.
>>
>>339688879
I'd say so.
It's actually pretty fun. The combat is alright, better than the other TES games which really isn't saying a lot.

At the end of the day you're mostly going to be doing the same shit all the time, but it's pretty enjoyable despite that. I like some of the cool stuff you can do it in, like get loans from some regions with no intent to pay them off. You could buy a cart, or a boat, to aid in travel. I also like some of the ideas around the crime system, even if I recall it being quite frustrating in practice (I recall 'vagrancy' was a frequent crime, but I think that's just because I kept trying to wait in streets). A lot of that sort of stuff, combined with the usual TES stuff (Guilds and the like) make it feel like an adventurer simulator. I like it.
Transformations were pretty good in Daggerfall, too.

Daggerfall is buggy as fuck though, unfortunately. It's not uncommon to fall through shit, particularly when climbing - something I can imagine never returned in subsequent games because of how incredibly buggy it was in Daggerfall.

I would say it's worth a play. Just keep in mind you're expected to use the fast travel system - search for places you want to go, etc. Don't go 'exploring the overworld' itself because it's ridiculously large and there's absolutely nothing to see there. Just use the fast travel system; that's what it's there for.
>>
>>339692152
Don't forget that you actually have things to spend money on instead of carrying a bajilion gold in your ass.
>>
>>339691696
that sounds really fun until you realise all the dungeons, towns, quests, npcs, loot, and game map was random generation (save for the main quest or some side quests)
the game was mechanically interesting but the game world and exploration was all ass
>>
>>339692326
This too, yeah. Been awhile since I played Daggerfall myself so I've forgotten a few things.

Could you buy houses in towns? Again, it's been awhile. I feel like you could but I'm not sure. Mainly because there was this one town I always used to return to specifically, and I feel like there was probably a reason for that.
>>
>>339688879

The layered armor in the game was neat, if I remember right the different materials for armor had different trimmed versions plus all the clothing you could dick around with.

Those sounds skeletons would make were legit fucking spooky also
>>
>>339692524
you could buy houses but I don't remember there being much you could do with them besides basic storage. Even then the loot was pretty bland, and you had carts to carry a bunch with
>>
>>339692524
You could buy houses and ships.
>>
>>339692082
Daggerfal for unity
Look it up
>>
>>339692636
I do agree with the people who say that Daggerfall's open world is empty, there's not enough to do, etc., although we should remember that it came out a long time ago. But the important thing is that the elder scrolls series would have been a hell of a lot better if it had developed more advanced daggerfall-style games instead of taking the route it did towards handcrafted worlds, high-quality graphics, and ultra-shallow rpg mechanics.
>>
>>339688879
nigga thats just a bent up version of the eastern mediterranean
>>
>>339692524
You could pay anywhere from 100k-500k for the pleasure of seeing Azura's giant tits.
>>
File: wckTmu3.jpg (240 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wckTmu3.jpg
240 KB, 1024x768
>>339692980
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>339692746
>>339692636
Cool, thanks. It's all coming back to me now. I used Betony as a base. I think I had a house there, if not, somewhere else. Bought it with a massive loan from one of the Hammerfell provinces. Good stuff.

Forgot to mention that one of the things I really liked about Daggerfall was the class creation system. How you could add unique restrictions or buffs to your character. That was great.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.