[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
What went wrong?
>>
boring story
character voiced
little consequences (take robot guy on brotherhood ship, they dont react at all)
boring questlines
actually, barely any side questlines (ex: the silver shroud was like an hour tops)
5/10
>>
Voiced protagonist and no role playing.
>>
Side quests were all really boring
No stats
Practically a shoot and loot game

There's much more but these things in particular are what made me put down the game after about 60 hours.
>>
>>339683001
I already forgot about it.
>>
>>339683001
>actually, barely any side questlines (ex: the silver shroud was like an hour tops)

That's the only one I recall being fun. The one I remember I hate the most is nick's. How are we doing on the hunt for Eddie's tapes?
>>
>Developer: Bethesda
Nothing "went" wrong. Shit was doomed from it's very first concept meeting.
>>
few quests
bad quests
poorly written quests
every quest is the same (go here clear this area, come back)

basically the quests sucked.
>>
>>339683325
Well there was role playing, its just that you had the option to pick only one role.
>>
>Asking what went wrong
>On a bethesda game
What did anon mean by this?
>>
The entire game is based around being a pushover nice guy to everyone you meet but you have to genocide the other factions if you choose one, that's what went wrong.
>>
Most factions are unlikeable even they are morally grey, it is difficult to sympathise them since most of their leaders are faggots.

There is no consequence, which is a very big problem in a role playing game. Also there is no free rein on role playing at all. I don't mind the character is set and voiced, but if you can't do something like character development or give them defining character, the said character would bound to be weak.
>>
File: what I got.jpg (178 KB, 1012x1132) Image search: [Google]
what I got.jpg
178 KB, 1012x1132
>>
They made a pretty good Borderlands game instead of Fallout.
>>
Can't put your gun onto your back, it dissapears into midair

Few skill checks

No skills or stats

Shitty dialouge that always leads to the same result no matter what you choose
>>
Yes
Yes
More information
No (Yes)
>>
they spent way too much time/resources on improving the gameplay/gunplay and spent way too little on developing the story or adding flavour to the game. The world is boring as fuck compared to F3 and NV
>>
>>339687772
Really? I'd say the world is the strong part. Biggest city, tons of places to explore.

Everything else is SHIT though
>>
It's not really that bad of a game, it's just mediocre.
>>
>>339686315
>>339686973
Fallout 4 is a fun game if you understand that it's a shoot and loot game with a few RPG elements on top of that. People just weren't expecting that and are still adamant on judging it as if it attempts to be a RPG.
>>
>>339687976
It's bad in comparison to the previous fallout games, making it a bad game. I don't care if it's your first one, it's bad.
>>
>>339688117
But it's supposed to be an RPG

Bethesda calls it an RPG

it's a shitty RPG

it's a shitty fallout game

It's a shitty game
>>
>>339686315
Let's see

Mass Effect style dialogue system but worse check
Skyrim's shitty engine check
Borderlands style shoot and loot missions check
Minecraft settlement building check

It's like Bethesda's approach to FO4 was like "well what do kids these days like".
Instead of focusing on what you know best and the kind of game you want to make.

This game needed to be more focused, quality over quantity in design not minecraft gimmicks and not go there and shoot everyone -the game.
What's the point of having this big game world if it's just boring shit that's not worth your time.

Dragon Age Inquisition made the same mistakes with the bloated game world but at least the environment was a lot prettier and Fallout 4 didn't learn anything from it.Borderlands in a big bloated open world is boring as fuck please stop game developers.
>>
Less weapons than FO3 and NV
Less quests than FO3 and NV
Worse map than FO3 and NV
Less interesting side quests than FO3 and NV
>>
>>339688135
My first one was New Vegas. 4 is way better than 3, and 1 and 2 are too wildly different for me to really draw solid comparisons.
>>
>>339683001
literally everything what made fallout game being fallout.
>>
>>339688332
I think the map is pretty good, that's about it though
>>
>>339688332
>Worse map than FO3 and NV
This is bullshit.
>>
>>339683001
Perk system ducked dick
>>
>>339688443
I liked Boston
Everything outside of Boston proper is bad/unremarkable.

and its hard to enjoy it when you get 100+ FPS out of the city, but in the city you struggle to hit 60.
>>
No weapon holstering. Lazy as fuck. As someone who plays in 3rd person over half the time it's fucking annoying.

Things like that should be IMPROVED in a sequel, not removed because "too hard to implement :( "
>>
>>339688117

Was I misguided for hoping it to be like FO3/NV?
>>
>>339685210
>>Developer: Bethesda

They are an arrogant company that refused to accept that Obsidian made a better Fallout game than them and then learn from it.
>>
>>339687346
>Can't put your gun onto your back, it dissapears into midair

I'd rather the gun just disappear than see a gun mysteriously stick to my back.
>>
I like how Bethesda scrapped the original Doom 4 because "it didn't feel like the old Doom" but they still released this piece of shit.
>>
Literally just the voiced protagonist thing is pretty annoying
>>
>>339688117
That's like making a good rpg Batlefield with turn-based combat.
>>
>>339688735
I wouldn't. It's much easier to suspend my disbelief that my character has a rifle slung over his shoulder, rather than shoving it up his asshole and it dissapears

It also negatively effects combat, as you don't know what weapon enemies have until they see you and pull it out
>>
>>339688735
>what are straps
Holy shit they start dumbing down their games and it caught to the player base
>>
Bought this game on Thuersday and so far:

They casualized the skill system, i dont understand why what was so bad in F3 or NV to add this stupid star system?

For a game released in 2015 it has incredible shit graphics and animations.
I mean compared to MGSV or Witcher 3 its ugly as fuck.

Why did they remove or castrate the dialogue system? What i the point here? I have 4 buttons to press but in 95% of time its the same choice but sarcastic, in a loving voice or asshole like whats the point?

They fixed the combat system a little bit but its still not good.

And all the small mistakes that drive me crazy:
200 years ago bombs fell on earth and somehow trees and vegetation cant grow green.
Also skeletons lie around in the sun for 200 years and nobody stole their shit
>>
>>339688117
I understand this reasoning and I kind of agree with it. My friend explained it to me like this.

"I ordered a chair. They gave me a table. All things considered, it's a fine table, they clearly put a lot of work into this table. But I wanted a chair. I can kinda use it like a chair, but at the end of the day, it's a table."

What Bethesda made isn't an RPG. It's enjoyable for what it is, but it's not an RPG, and if it is to be considered strictly by RPG standards, it's a poor RPG at best. You can kinda play it as an RPG, but it's really just not an RPG.
>>
>>339688929
Exactly, skyrim had sheaths and belt loops for swords. Fo4 had NO reason to not have slings and holsters.

Just a small detail removed, sure. But then the retards blindly defend it. Next time another small detail will be gone. And eventually the games will just be pieces of garbage.
>>
>>339683001
They dumbed it down way too much and in doing so made it less memorable and sacrificed replayability which will cost them sales in years to come.
>>
>>339688938
But if those skeletons didn't have anything, how would you get loot?
>>
File: 1464396912197.png (169 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
1464396912197.png
169 KB, 506x556
>>339688903
>>339688929
>complaining about no holsters when your character carries around 400 pounds of shit in an interdimensional wormhole he summons when he needs a stimpak
>>
>>339688443
something about the map just felt off to me, the sense of distance just made things seem way too close together
>>
>>339688990
A table is a shit chair

In this case, the game is labeled as an RPG, making it a shit game. I'm going to criticize based on how it performs as an RPG, not an action shooter.
>>
>>339689035
>eventually
Open your eyes
>>
>>339689146
Yeah, I carry around tons of weapons, so it makes sense I can't see my main one, OK

I guess since I can carry tons of armor as well, my equipped armor might as well be invisible

Stop defending removal of nice features
>>
I played F4 for 120 hours on release and I remember literally none of it.
>>
>>339689146
You're character falling on the ground and writhing in agony every time he gets shot would be realistic but would make the game unfun so we don't want that, blood animations are just a small detail which goes along ways towards realism and doesn't need to be removed because their too fucking lazy to port it over from skyrim. The same applies here.
>>
>>339689146
OK, I guess in Oblivion my character should just shove his sword up his ass instead of on his hip, right?

No.
>>
>>339683001
It's not an elder scrolls game. Bethesda bet on the wrong horse.
>>
>>339683001
Yes
More detalis
No
Sarcastic
>>
>>339689698
Yes
Sarcastic (yes)
No (fuck you! But ok.)
More details (hmm... Yes.)

Bethesda's idea of "choice" in an RPG is those choice to DO a quest, or to leave during the dialogue and ignore it
>>
Are the DLC any good? I'm contemplating to buy them even though I should know better
>>
File: 20160531190205_1.jpg (154 KB, 1002x1069) Image search: [Google]
20160531190205_1.jpg
154 KB, 1002x1069
>>
>>339690109
so you played FPS game and instead got a cRPG?
that's not how it works
>>
>>339689969
The robot thing should be fine and far harbor pretty legit too.
>>
>>339688591
I would assume most people were misguided to expect something like that and that was completely reasonable. There is no denying that Bethesda didn't answer to people's expectations. I just don't agree with the reasoning of unmet expectations implying a bad game by default.

It's kinda like saying Million Dollar Baby had a terrible ending because people weren't expecting it.

>>339688990
I think this is how you should feel about it. There's nothing wrong with realizing that FO4 is an awful RPG, but there are ways to enjoy it as a shooter.
>>
>>339689969
The one with the robots gives you a new waifu companion and a short quest for some armor plus a few new weapons, it's fun to give your settlements sentry bots though. Far Harbor was pretty fun, it adds a significant amount of new content + information on the Children of Atom which have been the most retarded faction in Fallout's history up to this point.
>>
>>339690184
That's why I was disappointed.
>>
File: 1464357190940.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1464357190940.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
>play around with ini files
>change the fov
>doesn't do anything
>except making weapons and pip-boy very small
>remove the framerate cap
>game completely shits itself
>>
>>339683001
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-02-00-52-44.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-02-00-52-44.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
You guys excited for the new Metal Gear game?
>>
>>339690603
It is, as seen on the box

It's a very shit RPG, making it a very shit game. It fails to do what it's supposed to.
>>
But is it better than RAGE?
>>
>>339689969
It's actually pretty decent, the story is pretty engaging
>>
>>339690759
it's basically far cry wasteland edition at this point
>>
>>339690752
What the fuck
>>
>>339683001
sold too much and made bethesda too much money
>>
>>339688929
>>what are straps
>Holy shit they start dumbing down their games and it caught to the player base

But there are no straps. It makes sense to have the object on you but there needs to be straps or a holster or case or something.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-02-01-02-47.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-02-01-02-47.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>339690943
Get excited, it's going to be great.
>>
>>339690862
They also added more skill checks, which is good

Unfortunately skills don't exist so it's based off of S.P.E.C.I.A.L and the enemies say the same thing whether you pass or fail it a lot of the time
>>
>>339683001
>looks bad (shadows are especially bad)
>story isn't that good
>power armor in first 5 minutes of the game
>character anymation is dogshit
>perdormance issues everywhere
>side quests fucking boring
>no perks
>no karma
>no repair system
atleast shooting was decent
>>
I think we all liked Bethesda at some point right maybe Morrowind was the one game which made you aware of them

At the same time I can never be a fanboy of anything ever. If they want to dumb down their games to be as mainstream and retard proof as they can be then let them do it
Actually in a let the world burn kind of way I wanna see it happen just the curiosity of how far will they go

Don't know why people get so upset there are so many other games to play
>>
File: Harkness.jpg (158 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
Harkness.jpg
158 KB, 800x571
>>339689372
>I played F4 for 120 hours on release and I remember literally none of it.
>>
>>339691070
Which they should've added instead of removing holstering entirely

Skyrim had straps and sheaths and belt loops. They have no excuse. It's lazy as FUCK on their part and just one of a bunch of small details that they neglect
>>
File: Capture.jpg (49 KB, 823x490) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
49 KB, 823x490
My laptop is so shitty that I have to play it at an awful resolution but it gives me 60 fps so I don't mind
>>
>>339683001
Still running on a fucking ancient engine that was already shit when it was used for skyrim 4 years earlier.

No real choices..

No real dialog options.

The quests... oh god what happened to the quests!?! I said the same thing at the release of skyrim... but this is even worse.

The locations... sure some a great... but the big ones that are meant to wow us, like diamond city for example "the jewel of the wasteland" and all this shit... you get there and its a fucking mostly empty football/baseball stadium with fucking nothing going on inside that looks remotely cool other than a fucking noodle shop?!?!...

Story... was... OKAY...

Now for some positives...
Loved the improved shooting physics.

Kinda dug the building system... regardless of how flawed it was..
>>
>>339691465
Bethesda's entire game development strategy is "mods will fix it"
>>
Gonna be interesting to see how casual they're going to make the next TES game.
>start game with a companion
>companion can't die
>when you "die" you just do down
>companion will always help you back up
>find a full set of dragon armor 5-10 minutes in
>all shouts from skyrim available from the start
>only three skill trees
>>
>>339691786
>Dragon Armor works like power armor but with sigils from Oblivion
>>
File: 1464403476115.jpg (73 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
1464403476115.jpg
73 KB, 640x624
>>339691859
This is so fucking outrageous.
And there is a 100% chance of this
>>
The perks and weapons killed alot of the gameplay aspect for me, more so than skill checks and voiced protagonists

>literally +damage perks, kinda required later on
>level requirements for perk upgrades, can't run around with Master level pickpocketing early on
>barely any weapon types, gun sounds are fucking awful
>>
>>339691859
>It will be dædric armor.
And you will be able to wear glass armor inside of it.

Screencap this
>>
>>339689969

Automatron is the best one for me, being able to build your own robots is something I always loved in fallout, turning Ada/Codsworth into a sentry bot that can fire unlimited mininukes is always fun.

I rather have a settlement full of robots than human settlers.

The minuteman and almost all settlers will only respect Preston and act as if you are just a glorified errand boy, I mean those guys come in the settlement you built and they still want to bitch at everything.

Creating your own robot army is more fun than dealing with the turbo autistic fuckers that make up each faction.
>>
>>339691859
Kek. Reminds me how how people were annoyed at how casual and simplified skyrim was. saying you were gonna be "radborn" in fallout 4, with "radshouts" and fighting against "flying fire-breathing Deathclaws"

Little did they know that fallout 4 was actually going to be worse than they could've imagined. I have no hope for Elder scrolls 6.
>>
>>339692542
I can't wait to play Fallout 5: New New Orleans in 10 years
>>
>>339683001
voice actor sounds like a fucking Normie I don't sound anything like that dude plus what if I made a super old man would he still sound like a 25 year old basketball player fucking ridiculous really
>>
File: fallout 4 dialogue options.png (683 KB, 537x955) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4 dialogue options.png
683 KB, 537x955
>>
>>339690943

it's a pachinko gam
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 223x226
>>339692882
New, revolutionary dialouge system:

Yes
*shoot him in the face*

Unbelievably immersive story where you exit a vault 300 years after the war, and search the wasteland that looks like it was nuked yesterday for your missing 3rd cousin, encountering the brotherhood of steel, a dog called dogmeat, and an evil faction that somehow produces more super mutants along the way.

Unprecedented settlement system:

For the first time, we allow players the freedom to create EVERY town in the wasteland all by themselves

Revolutionary mods:

Introducing Bethesda MODTOKENS™. For a low price of 3.99 each, these tokens will allow you to add a mod to your game.

Impressive miscellaneous improvements

We will be re-using all the songs from 3 again on the radio

Your Armor will appear invisible at all times, nobody plays 3rd person anyways

You start with your very own fleet of power armor from your Power-armor themed vault right away
>>
The Witcher 3 is also hardly an RPG yet it got marketed as one.

But it's ok when the Witcher 3 does it right?
>>
>>339683001
Nothing went wrong. It's a casual timesink designed precisely for the lowest common denominator. Like every other Bethesda game ever.
>>
>>339695008
thing is, bait-kun, Witcher never was classic isometric oldschool cRPG in the first place
When fucking Fallout Tactics is more of Fallout game than Fallout 4, you know shit is fucked up.
>>
>>339695008
The Witcher 3 at least has character stats and skills and ability trees

Fallout just has perks

Whichever way you, look at itthey both may be sub-par RPG'S but Witcher succeeds as an RPG much more
>>
>>339685037
Did Nicks personal mission, then picking piper up so I could do hers.... and she doesn't have anything other than some slightly concern for her sister (despite the fact she abandons her to come with you) and a terrible romance plot of 3 lines. I don't shit on this game for fun like the rest of /v/ but it struck me as incredibly lazy.

She works for the paper, it would be easy to do a side quest for her. Expose the Mayor as a synth, expose some big scandal, but no nothing.
>>
>>339695008
tw3 is more of a role-playing game. it requires you to get into the character and live the role of geralt much more than fallout 4 requires you to role play the character of... umm... generic player-made loser.
>>
-boring as shit
-piss poor graphics
-hype was annoying

Played maybe 7 hours and never picked it back up
>>
>>339695604
Let's not forget where roleplaying games originated

Traditionally they were fantasy games with stats and turn based combat, obviously based off of Pen&paper role playing games like dungeons and dragons

Of course they branched into more genres and play styles over the years, but I'd say the key ingredient of a roleplaying game isn't who you play as or the story or anything, it's Stats.

Stats that progress and abilities and stuff that you unlock as you go through the game.

Fo4 doesn't have stats, it's a shit RPG.
>>
What I hated the most was the complete lack of impact any of my decisions made on the game.

But overall I found it a little addictive - I really like loot based games and I could just kill time on this game.

Anyone know if Obsidian are going to make their own version?
>>
>>339696286
Chris avellone said that it's highly unlikely that the series will ever leave Bethesda again

"Let's buy this series from these guys, let them make a game one time that turns out highly praised and successful, then fuck off and never let them do it again"
>>
>>339691786

>Radiant main quest
>>
Hi, hackers.
>>
whats up?
>>
>>339690792
Yes, Rage is bad at everything it tries, at least Fallouts world is fun and interesting to explore
>>
>>339685535
You can choose any color, as long as that color is black
>>
>>339690580
>removing framerate cap in gamebyro engine
madman
>>
>>339683001
Bethesda
Toddy H
>>
>>339688443
>>339688512
Reminder that Fallout 4 literally only had two towns.
>>
File: 4chan.png (85 KB, 361x333) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
85 KB, 361x333
>>339695935
>Fo4 doesn't have stats
>>
>>339697453

Diamond City
Goodneighbor
Bunker Hill
Vault 81
>>
>>339698349
Covenant + All the settlements you create yourself
>>
>>339698349
>Bunker Hill
Generic settlement
>Vault 81
Just a Vault, basically only exists for that one quest.
>>
>>339688117
Even the loot part is shit because weapon variety is terrible.
>>
>>339698483
>>339698349
Airport/Prydwen
Cambridge BOS Outpost
>>
>>339697714
Oh sorry it has SPECIAL that you can easily max out

No skill stats or anything like that though
>>
>>339698349
>>339698483
>>339698782
Settlements aren't towns.
>>
>>339698843
Moving the goal posts much?
>>
post your face when pipe weapons
>>
>walls and defenses on settlements don't do fucking shit unless you go to the place and stop the raid yourself
I spent literally 10 hours painstakingly getting all the resources and building up walls that looked nice and didn't have any fucking gaps and turrets and shit at the gate and it's all for fucking nothing.
Should have just done a fucking commie block.
>>
>>339698920
They literally aren't towns by the very definition. Without NPC's, stores, and quests, it's just another empty blank location.
>>
File: 1464811570477.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464811570477.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1200
>>339699038
>This isn't a town
Fuck offfffff
>>
>>339699136
It's a heavily modded settlements. It's big, but it's empty. No named NPC's, no quests, nothing noteworthy. Just empty buildings.
>>
File: 1464811440312.jpg (576 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464811440312.jpg
576 KB, 1920x1200
>>339699207
"No"
But you'd know that if you, you know actually played the game? :)
>>
I really liked how every area except the fort in New Vegas has a tonne of quests that help build the world. I missed that.
>>
>>339699298
What's the point of a "town" if there's nothing IN it. There's only two real towns in 4, and that's Diamond City and Goodneighbor.
>>
>>339699136
>>339699298

why would anyone bother
>>
>>339699136
That doesn't come in the game, retard. You have to build it yourself. And there'll be no unique NPC's or quests there.
>>
>>339700126

Because autism.
>>
File: 1441791652620.jpg (32 KB, 288x339) Image search: [Google]
1441791652620.jpg
32 KB, 288x339
>>339698925
>>
>>339689146
>he doesn't mod the carry weight systemto be more realistic
I play NV with realistic weights, backpack and changed the formula to 0+15*STR.
>>
>>339698925

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
File: 1441803371493.jpg (31 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
1441803371493.jpg
31 KB, 300x343
>change reciever to chamber larger shells
>looks visually identical
>so does the barrel
Bethesda were really fucking lazy with the gun mods.
>>
>>339700881
>shoot one bullet
>reload
>character loads 5 bullets in

Q U A L I T Y
>>
>>339700520
>falling for the realism meme
I feel bad for you.

>>339698782
>Cambridge BOS Outpost
I can agree with the rest, but this is grasping at straws already. You might as well include every raider shack.

Diamond City
Goodneighbor
Covenant
Bunker Hill
Vault 81

The vault also because it can sustain a population on its own. Others are just to insignificant.
The settlement you create, well.... you create them. They are a separate category.
>>
>>339701060
I'd define a city location as a place with 4+ buildings or homes, unique NPC's, a vendor, and at least 2 or 3 quests

Do those areas fit that criteria? I don't own fallout 4 but from what I've seen, it does seem like there's less "cities" than skyrim or oblivion for example
>>
>>339701175
>I'd define a city location as a place with 4+ buildings or homes, unique NPC's, a vendor, and at least 2 or 3 quests
This goes along with exactly what I've been saying, there are only two real towns in all of Fallout 4.
>>
>>339701175
>I don't own fallout 4
Then what are you doing here?

Also, yes the settlements are to small, with to few NPCs, and could have been designed way better. Diamond City has content but it still feels like an unfinished concept.
This isn't so much a problem of "numbers" as it is of quality.
If Fo4 had only 2 large towns, but with many NPCs, quest, structures it would have been nice. Ironically you do have these dozens of small settlements town across the map but they are tiny.
>>
>>339683001
No nude mod for console
>>
>>339686315
>>339688117
>>339688289
Ya'll just butthurt that it wasnt fallout 3 or new vegas all over again.
It is a good game, its just not what people expected.
Would i have liked to see the same soviological intricascies as FO New Vegas? You bet!
Am i ok with what they made instead and have high hopes for the next elder scrolls or fallout? Oh yes most deffinetly!
Am i dissappointed that it wasnt more like new vegas with the inclusion of what we got? Yes.
Am i dissappointed that you get funneled straight to the BOS and are able to use power armor right off the bat?
Dissappointed about the bos
Not dissappointed about power armor.
Why:
Because the main character in game, if you play a male was former military. Power armor was a thing that the pre nuke military had and used.
It makes sense that he would see power armor and immediatly know how to use it. Because he used it before the bombs dropped. He is a remnant of the old world and has old world knowledge.
His wife however did not. So it make little sense that she would know how to use it. But then again, i am current military. As i write this post i am active duty army (who the fuck cares? Well it has context so keep reading)
I know how to jump in to any military vehicle, fire it up and get moving.
My wife is a civilian, she knows how to do this too, because i gave her a quick informative tell all when she asked.
So it stands to reason the fo4 wife would be able to power armor too
>>
Is there a mod that removes the protag's shitty VA?
>>
>>339701774
it may be a good game
but it's absolute horseshit fallout game.
even fucking tactics was better.
>>
>>339701774
>Because the main character in game, if you play a male was former military. Power armor was a thing that the pre nuke military had and used.
It makes sense that he would see power armor and immediatly know how to use it. Because he used it before the bombs dropped. He is a remnant of the old world and has old world knowledge.
You have to wonder if they did this on purpose or if it makes sense accidentally.
>>
>>339701994

it's not even a good game in general
>>
>>339701060
>he doesn't like challanges
There is a word for that.
>>
File: 1460602051933.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460602051933.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>339702246

>he thinks challenges=realism
>>
>>339683001
Some RPGs can have a voiced protagonist and end up pretty good. Some Bethesda games have ended up pretty good. Mix the two at your own peril.
>>
>>339702446
>implying weight restrictions are not one of the major challanges in real life combat
Not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?
>>
>>339701998
Honestly with the shit bethesda has been doing lately, i cant really make heads or tails of the fo4 power armor mechanics being lazy and accidentally making sense, or being purposeful.
What would have been a better idea with ALL THE DIALOG EVER IN THE GAME!!!! Is if any time old world tech is mentioned, the sole survivor says something like "what thingy you just mentioned? I know how to that thingy there! I used to do that thing you said all the time. Im old world ex army and can do such and such things in my sleep!
And then have an option to either say.
"Yes i will help you to do <quest goal>"
Or:
"Yes i can do the thing! But you can go fuck yourself lolz! Now ima fuck off, or kill you, havent decided yet"
>>
File: squidward3.jpg (36 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
squidward3.jpg
36 KB, 500x356
>>339698925
>mfw Institute weapons
>>
>>339683001
It's made by Bethesda

It could've been the best game ever and /v/ would still shit on it
>>
>>339704105
Fair point.
Seeing Bethesda on a game sets off a Pavlovian response from more than a few /v/irgins.
>>
>>339695604
I guess they should just have a fixed protagonist for the next game then, right?
>>
>>339683001
This, still gets me angry to this very day, it was a sign for things to come
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9O6sApVH3o
>>
File: qtburger.png (142 KB, 237x287) Image search: [Google]
qtburger.png
142 KB, 237x287
>give newsboy cap ballistic weave
>it becomes ten times better than a fucking combat helmet
>>
Voiced protagonist is a huge problem, and not just in presentation. If you're having to pay someone to read all the possible dialogue, out loud, then you're going to have less dialogue.

There was less dialogue, and what was there was always the same thing said 4 different ways.

Also, they made it so you can just walk away from dialogue, and considered that a valid choice.
>>
File: nani.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
nani.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>339704392
>>
>>339695368
>>339695935
Skills aren't the core of an rpg

Being a smaller part of a larger world that reacts accordingly to your actions is what makes an rpg
Skills just allow you to define your characters limitations and abilities.
>>
>>339683001

It's easier and shorter to talk about what went right.
>>
>>339683176
This.
The story and charatcers were shit.
Environment and setting were uninteresting, Boston is boring as fuck.

The whole game just feels soulless and lifeless compared to 3 and New Vegas. The game feels like it doesn't have a genuine atmosphere, it feels very plastic somehow.
>>
File: Commonwealth_Bank.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Commonwealth_Bank.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>339705224
>it feels very plastic somehow
Wonder why
>>
>>339683001

Because Todd wanted Fallout 4 200 years in the future and nobody fixed anything up.
>>
>>339703163
It's true I'm not sharp.

> real life combat
See that's the problem. Some of you guys think this is the only type of challenge in games.

The point is that challenging gameplay and realism aren't always the same thing.
I would consider challenge smarter enemies, environmental hazards, smarter traps, unforeseen dangers, not just tedious and annoying item management.
Not carrying only 2 weapons, making bug stakes and having to backtrack trough the whole map.
>>
>>339698349
Tfw i could (and did for the lolz) nuke megaton city in fo3.
Tfw i cant nuke diamond city or any city for that matter in fo4 in order to gain status and a home in some other tenpenny tower like city that some rich asspie racist/classist asshole put together
>>339700964
I know right?
Motherfuckin lazer musket what the fuck!?
Ok sole survivor here take this gun to add to your weapon inventory. Its a lazer musket.
Whats a lazer musket you ask?
Well its a lazer weapon that you have to crank a dynamo in order to load it, pretty cool huh? Yeah the dynamo generates the power for it to fire a shot!
Yeah awesome huh? Sure is. I mean its great because you crank the dynamo (which generates electricity) to charge the weapon, so that you can then pull the trigger and fire it! Yeah we came up with the idea because its been 200 years and these lazer weapins were laying arounf but all the batteries were depleted or destroyed. So we came up with a new renewable power scource!
Oh but you will find actually, you have to carry ammo for them because they use the same lazer ammo as any other lazer weapon, instead of the hand crank being the ammo. Because obsidian made recharger lazer weapons and we didnt likethat because it was awesome and we hated that they made something ppl liked with the thing we bought. So fuck the gamers. We dont want them having a fall back weapon that makes any sense.
So if you are out of ammo, you really dont have a fall back weapon other than mele. So yeah.
Makes perfect sense bethesda.
I mean
>>
>>339706272
>I would consider challenge smarter enemies, environmental hazards, smarter traps, unforeseen dangers
Challanges are not mutually exclusive you know.

>just tedious and annoying item management
Not my fault you consider planning and decision making as tedious/annoying.
>>
FO4 is a better game than FO3. It's shit compared to NV but what did people expect? So is FO3 and there was no way Beth was going to make a Fallout game that wasn't an improved FO3.

I'll give them credit in at least trying to do a branching main quest. It's still shit and most of it makes no logical sense whatsoever but hey they tried. It's better than Skyrim's at least.

Voiced protag was dumb as shit and sucks a lot of enjoyment out of repeat playthroughs and trying to roleplay anything but cookie cutter main character who's lost their kid.

Side quests are too sparse, short, and a lot of them lack a real payoff storywise at the end. Again, it's modern Bethesda so what did anyone expect?
>>
File: 1459353868658 (1).jpg (186 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1459353868658 (1).jpg
186 KB, 690x460
>>339698925

>tons of customization options for the worst looking, weakest weapons in the game that get entirely replaced halfway through it
>>
No radcotton
No leg manacles
No bullwhip named "motivation"

I have a settlement that could use these things for reasons.
>>
I really need something new to play but I've heard so much shit about this, is it worth ÂŁ12.99 lads?
>>
File: 1429842598580.jpg (743 KB, 1126x1091) Image search: [Google]
1429842598580.jpg
743 KB, 1126x1091
>>339698925
>Legendary pipe pistol
>>
>>339683001
Bullshitery.
>>
>>339708710
If you have played and enjoyed previous Bethesda games by all means go ahead.
If you have played and did not enjoy previous Bethesda games then no you won't like this one either.

If you have never played a Bethesda game take a chance and buy it or if you are a poorfag "Demo" it.

And check your keyboard your dollar sign is broken.
>>
>>339683001

Forced shit and its simplicity. In a story where, in comparison with some other games in the series, there was no subtlety in choices. Most often you either you do A or you do B (if you get an option to do B at all), only final outcome affects the world, not how you got around to do something and what side-effects of your actions were.

Dialogues are bad - not in writing, at least not always, but in the fact that often you have no wiggle space. You're railroaded to certain outcome and you have to be a complete extremist to avoid it (joining factions, for example, you cannot be loosely allied with anyone, you either are a part of one group or neutral/enemy). As mentioned above, sometimes even that is not enough and no matter what you'll say, you'll be forced to do particular crap. Your skills and attitude just hardly ever matters.

Retcon of the lore. Already started happening in Fallout 3, sadly, but went further now. I understand that it's somewhat for the sake of rule of cool and gameplay, but now power armors went from unique piece of high-tech to just "the better kind of armor" and every peasant can carry a lasergun. According to the lore of the original Fallout series creators, power armor was so above the average, that NCR - one of the best organized groups (an actual nation) couldn't really fully maintain most suits scavenged or looted from, say, BoS and had to simplify them by removing servos and whatnot to make them a field option.

Most quests are unoriginal fetch or kill fare. Most of the game is about killing in general. The shooter part is quite alright, sure, but the story and non-combat gameplay is cheap. Basically, the game is now just a glorified shooter, with most of what driven the first installments of the series dumbed down to make the action element what the game is about.
>>
>>339709524
NCR are bumbling idiots according to NV.
It is no surprise they can't into power armor.
>>
>>339709524
And I'd forget two last things:
Fucking pants-on-the-head-retarded diabloesque hack&slashy legendary/othershit-titled versions of items and monsters.

Great customization turned retarded through naming and design of some of the pieces. Two words: laser musket.
>>
File: u9ILfAA.png (921 KB, 1527x711) Image search: [Google]
u9ILfAA.png
921 KB, 1527x711
>>339683001
Honestly the key issues are;

Not enough side quests of note. The few that are there are really fun and creative but the others? not so much.

The BoS is the only faction fully fleshed out.
The railroad is so single-minded you have no idea what they actually will do once they accomplish their goals or whatever they think is right.
The institute has the barebones development, their motivation is cloudy and unclear. Could've benefitted from more direction like making synths their colonization force for the commonwealth or some shite.
Also have more science. The only noteworthy thing the institute invented were synths. For a 200 year old scientific development group thats pretty ridiculous. Plus I would've loved to see the power armor set and the bioweapon guns from the concept art. Having the institute operate in such morally questionable territory (using bioweapons that rip apart flesh completely) would've been cooler and given more weight.
>>
>>339710127
Yo, did they crib the weapons from District 9?
>>
>>339709778
You're right, but they're still the best logistically prepared for maintaining high-tech out of bigger, nation-like groups in the wastes (BoS is more advanced but they're just a small, if poweful organization by comparison). Yet even they had to cut corners. How the fuck a bunch of dirty murderous hobos (raiders) who should be considering a simple functional terminal or a laser pistol a technological marvel can cobble together and maintain power armors on their own is beyond common sense and any reasonable explanation that's not handwaving shit.
>>
>>339709524
>but now power armors went from unique piece of high-tech to just "the better kind of armor"

It actually feels backwards.

>every peasant can carry a lasergun.

Aren't people saying "Why don't they use advanced stuff/weapons/whatever?"
>>
itt RPG codex tries to shitpost superior game
what did you blow through those 2 hours of cutscenes already?
>>
>>339710209
Nah they're biomechanical variants of the existing institute rifle and such.
Would've loved to see stuff like this. It would've enhanced the institue "boogeyman" legend. A gun that shoots a flesh-eating bacteria that can devour limbs in seconds? Thats fucking horrifying.

Hope a talented modder works on it, but it'd take a ton of work.
>>
>>339710252
I should maybe underline that I mean lore-wise because I understand how some of that may seem weird otherwise. Yeah, gameplay-wise they've made power armors stand out pretty well and be quite fun, but lore-wise they're not an unique, even signature piece of equipment available only to the biggest, most powerful and advanced but kind of shit a hamlet or a bandit camp can have in stock (and sometimes the latter do).

Same for lasguns. If they're quite powerful, I can understand bigger and better organized groups packing them in standard but difficulty in manufacture and maintenance for average group of uneducated, untrained peasant hobos living in some shacks should be an absolute deal breaker.
>>
File: Fo4_power_armor_concept_art.jpg (670 KB, 2705x900) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_power_armor_concept_art.jpg
670 KB, 2705x900
>>339709524
Gameplaywise Power Armor is the best it's ever been. Lorewise it's dumb just because any jackoff can use it and apparently maintain and make parts for advanced servomotors from scrap.

It feels so much like realistic power armor I don't mind it that much. I wouldn't mind a mod that removed or at least hobbled raiders using it. If the NCR can't figure out how to make it work some junkie definitely shouldn't be able to.

And as for the NCR power armor thing it may just be they can't field it in high numbers. I'm sure there's at least one person in the NCR who knows how to work on PA, but it's just no logistically realistic to field units in the stuff. Removing the complicated parts and wearing it just as armor backs that up.
>>
File: 1461135111006.png (133 KB, 350x226) Image search: [Google]
1461135111006.png
133 KB, 350x226
>>339683001
The more important question is, will Obsidian make a new Fallout?
>>
File: 1461275548798.jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461275548798.jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>339683001
Lore rape
>>
>>339710835
Pretty much what I meant and something I can agree with, anon.
>>
>>339690109
What the actual fuck. Have you played 2?
>>
File: Todd_666d41_5446678.jpg (32 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
Todd_666d41_5446678.jpg
32 KB, 500x303
Nothing. It sold millions and was critically acclaimed.

Who's laughing now?
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!
>>
File: 1459713659440.jpg (27 KB, 571x460) Image search: [Google]
1459713659440.jpg
27 KB, 571x460
>>339690109
You've never played 2, have you?
>>
Pretty much literally everything except for how it feels to stomp around in Power Armor.

But that's about it.
>>
Hey, didn't Bethesda actually asked for community feedback before when making the add-ons? I'd like to see what would they say should someone screencap the whole thread and send it over (probably nothing, but the thought is interesting).
>>
>>339710236
If the NCR had a squad of troops with fully functioning power armor the plot of NV would have made no sense.

They would have been able to knock over the Legions twig fort and minigun the cosplayers into oblivion.

The NCR were incompetent because the plot demanded it.

It is also a known fact that the East coast is the superior coast in the US.
So it is not a shock they are more capable in the FO universe.
>>
>>339690109
Conifrmed for being clueless and never touching Fallout 1 or 2 in his life. The difference between them and 3 in terms of mechanics is staggering.
>>
>>339683001
Literally everything except for power armor design and mechanics, but even that is subjective.

And when I say "literally" I mean it. Even things that are seemingly good additions, like weapon/armor customization for example, are in the game just as an poor attempt to hide how the game lacks content and is cut around the cornes as much as possible.

Weapon customization hiding the fact that the weapon variety in the game is shit.

Settlements hiding the fact that the game world building sucks dick and devs expect you to build all of this yourself.

Radiant shit because they didn't bother with making actual unique quests.

I could go on and on.
>>
>>339711283
They're incompetent because it's an Imperium style bureaucratic nightmare in an apocalyptic wasteland that expanded beyond their means.

>It is also a known fact that the East coast is the superior coast in the US. So it is not a shock they are more capable in the FO universe.

Are you retarded? West coast is best coast in FO by leagues. East coast is a straight up wasteland without clean water or any kind of stable governing body. West coast at least has the NCR even if it's a bumbling mess.
>>
>>339711283
Still doesn't change the fact that bandits shouldn't have access to such toys. If bunch of junkies can build up functional, hermetic suit of powered armor then an average raider camp having a functional vertibird to cruise around in, yet alone regular vehicles - should be a common sight.
>>
>>339710357

> Revamp the Laser / Plasma detoriate effect
> Use Dark Green / Purple effect
> Slow down effect
> Add Blood
> Detach Limbs in process
>>
>>339691269
>Rivet City just so happens to have a genius roboticist/plastic surgeon/electrician to give Harkness his makeover

How does the east coast have all these random super geniuses for plot convenience and not a single bit of actual civilization
>>
>>339710357
>>339712215

> Replace Institute firing sound with a different one

> Replace particle of firing with a different one

> Replace name
>>
>>339712215
>>339712462
Harder than you expect.
>>
>>339712586

How would you do it?
>>
>>339711201
that is actually a good idea - if devs responded to feedback with some guy's rule 34 pic for the game, maybe they could comment on the thread dump. any anon good enough (ie not using a mobile to post here) who could later rip the thread and send it over to them as a feedback?
>>
>>339711634
And an autistic comic book nerd should't be able to cobble together a robot army.

Just because the vast majority of people are morons does not mean everyone is.
>>
>>339711201

/v/ is the arsehole of the Video Game community and probably the worst example of what people 'really' want. We're the 1%, probably.

Bethesda is more inclined to listen to people that actually like the game.
>>
>>339712618
In the same manner but the amount of work needed is quite large.
>>
>>339712875

Then it isn't harder than I expect it to be. I could probably do it in a week.
>>
>>339712441
Natural superiority of the East coast.
>>
>decided to download the Automatron and Far Harbor DLCs a few days ago
>they both have so many bugs that it makes unpatched New Vegas look flawless
>first quest in Automatron is incompletable due to a bug that requires me to make a new character and hope the bug doesn't happen again
>when wandering around Far Harbor or when talking to people in Far Harbor my character's head will sometimes disappear and sometimes the entire environment will disappear until I reload
>fell off a ledge in that one minigame when you access DiMa's memories and got an endless load screen
Does Bethesda do zero QA work?
>>
>>339713017

> Complains about Bethesda's support
> Unwilling to support Bethesda by Torrenting

Ayy lmao
>>
>>339683001
The only real complaint I have is the same complaint I have about all of the Bethesda Gamebryo engine games: When I put items on shelves and tables they fly all over the place when I come back.

Or in the case of some tables they sink through slowly until they are in the ground.

They should have made a gun rack and mannequins like they did for magazines.
>>
>>339713017
Dunno if this confirms you haven't played NV or haven't played FO4 and DLCs.

There are anthills in the Sarengetti less buggy than NV.
>>
they thought they were doing cute, cool shit that people wanted, but it turns out they were doing shit that people don't want.
>these retarded legendary items that drop off of bloatflies that do extra damage to beasts or some shit
modded that shit out ASAP.
>>
>>339691786
>when you "die" you just do down
>companion will always help you back up
I don' think that's a bad thing really. If it's executed well like in the Killzone games. It really pisses me off that in most games I have to bring my partner back to life after he gets his shit pushed in but as soon as I fall he refuses to help me up with the medical supplies I GAVE him and just stares at me while I bleed to death.
Yes I'm mad.
>>
>>339712843
That's kind of bias. /v/ is probably quite an areshole of the gaming community but we actally get some of the most diverse gamer groups from all around the place. Even if lot of our shit is pretty extreme in stance and language, good points are often raised.
>>
>>339713284
then you are missing a core aspect of the game, and youre a retard
just dotn play their game if you dont like them
instead like a passive aggressive bitch, like all you little passive aggressive bitch shitposters youre gonna sit on forums all day long shitposting, rather than doing something about it, like you know, moving the fuck on, and playing what you think is a better game

god you people are such fucking cancer
>>
>>339713473
i like how out of all the posts in this thread, you quoted me.
i didn't remove legendaries from the game, i made them more rare. never did i say anywhere i don't like they game and don't want to play it.

you don't know what passive aggressive means. calm down, breathe.
>>
File: Fallout4isBad.png (4 MB, 1601x872) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4isBad.png
4 MB, 1601x872
Between pic related and this 80 minute video, pretty much everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
>>
>>339713613
pic is legit. i'm glad he pointed out how amazingly useless maxing out lockpicking is.
lockpicking in this game is for opening up dungeon shortcuts. all the loot you get from picking locks is complete filler garbage.
>>
>>339687772
Only thing they improved was gameplay, even then its still average by industry standards, while everything else is still shit,broken and unbalanced. Not hard to improve gameplay when your at the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>339712983
>Superiority
>Unlimited hordes of super mutants spring out of the fucking ground like 40k Orks
>Either that or FEV grows on trees on the east coast
>200 raiders per actual normal person producing anything of worth
>Raiders raiding raiders for hundreds of years
>>
File: 1444262094628.png (430 KB, 754x286) Image search: [Google]
1444262094628.png
430 KB, 754x286
Zenimax strangled our creativity and made us sign papers never to reveal that fact. tfw wanted to be a special creative person and ended up being a tool of the industry, same as every other loser from my high school
>>
>>339713473
>comes into a thread to bitch about legitimate issue an anon pointed out and offers no actual argument, just insults..

And you think it's the OTHER people, not you, who are cancer? Oh the irony.
>>
>>339714305
Deathclaws show up
West coast "Stop work and hide"
East Coast "Cool let's catch them and make em fight each other."

There is reason the NCR is getting beat up by the cosplayers.
Weakness of mind body and soul.
>>
>>339715051
Who on the east coast goes around catching deathclaws?

Why are there deathclaws on the east coast?
>>
>>339713613
>>339714013
Many of those questions are retarded.
>>
The World designer at Bethesda that keeps going "LOL TOYS IN RANDOM ADULT SITUATIONS" needs to die by the sword.
>>
>>339715407
They have feet so I am guessing they walked.

At Starlight Drive In there are Deathclaw fights every Tuesday.
Bring the family.
>>
>>339715653
Point out how. Most seem pretty decent to me, pointing out plot holes and overall world's lack of cohesiveness.
>>
>>339715051
>West coast "Stop work and hide"
It's more like West Coast "can't kill these fucking deathclaws because goddamned niggers took our explosives"
>>
>>339716061
You still didn't answer who does the catching hombre
>>
>>339716130
Different anon.
They seem to more autistic than retarded.
He is just trying to be the new "What did they eat guy." and throwing a bunch of shit at the wall to see what sticks.

To be fair it is going to be difficult to knock off the reigning king of autism.
He found his trigger spent 3 hours explaining it in great detail thus triggering lesser autists.
>>
File: FO4 dialogue.png (39 KB, 803x581) Image search: [Google]
FO4 dialogue.png
39 KB, 803x581
>>
>>339716309
The cages from the first WW.
Sorry I thought everyone knew about them.
>>
>>339716548
So the power of paid DLC enables the messiah main character to collect deathclaws.

Ah, I thought you were implying regular wastelanders were doing that.
>>
>>339716748
The PC didn't invent them so yes at least one other wastelander can.
>>
>>339716482
Good one and oh so true. Why didn't creators of F4 learn from the group who made NV?
>>
>>339716941
Yes just like how the PC has to learn from others how to whip up all those water purifiers and generators because apparently no one else can build settlements.

Wait can't you do those things as soon as you leave the vault?

What kind of wacky world is the east coast
>>
>>339717154
Anon doesn't know how to make a water purifier.
West coast resident confirmed.
>>
>>339717608
F-fuck you got me
>>
>>339717662
I enjoyed the bantz anon.
Hope you have a good day.
>>
>>339713613
>>339715653
>>339716130

1) They were selected for the experiment before and the whole thing was a formality. You can read this on a terminal.
2) It's not like the site had a fence around it and was guarded. And even if people knew or heard rumors maybe not were interested.
4) His question makes no sense.
"put mothers on pedestals". What?
The plot required the other spouse to die. Simple
6) Dumb question. Mr Handies simply defend themselves or you know, just fly away. They have the means. Codsy even mentions how those in Concord beat him a few times.
7) Because it was an experiment.
9) Makes no sense. SPECIAL is essential for gameplay.
11) That armor isn't "late game" anyway, and in poor condition. Other ones exist, with better stats. And you can modify it.
12) Bunker Hill, Vault 81
13) Well, you know, you couldn't join the Fiends, or the Vipers, or every single useless faction in every game. Unlike Fo3, you actually have some faction choice in Fo4.
14) This is an outright lie. All the receiver tiers can be considered dumb but most others are useful.
16) Gee I donțt know, maybe they migrated there. Also, most of the enemies were redesigned, have more types of attack, more variants. At leat a few of them are new like the mutant hound, aassaulton, mirelurk queen.

TLDR Some of the complaints are legit, but many are dumb or just lies. Like the guy just played 30 minutes and quit, or he just read what other said.
>>
>Fallout 3 revolves around a water purifer, with multiple large groups going into all-out combat to take control of it

>In Fallout 4 you can build water purifiers at level 1 moments after stepping out of a vault after either being a soldier or a lawyer (i.e not an engineer or scientist)

HELLO???
>>
>>339683001
in ten minutes just after the bombs following the main plot you:
>Get a set of power armor
>kill a deathclaw
>get two companions
>can start build a base

To much to soon.
>>
>>339718406
>Dad's purifier requires a fucking GECK, which is a matter manipulation device in FO3, in order to function
>A nobody wastelander in FO4 can build a fucking teleportation relay out of scrap metal
>>
>>339718406
>Project Purity: complex device that cleans the whole wasteland of radiation (large river, ground water)
>Water purifier: makeshift device that purifies a few litters of water at a time.

Not the same thing
>>
>>339718686
>Cleans river of radiation
>River is still radioactive after beating the main quest
>Dumps the purified water right back into the dirty river
>The Potomac shouldn't even be radioactive in the first place because its flowing water, like how the Colorado isn't radioactive in NV
>>
>>339718686
I would autistically point out that irradiated water isn't a thing. doesn't exist.

But secondly, its just a matter of scale. In FO4 a single purifier makes enough water for 10 people. Industrial? 40.

Wouldn't be difficult to just extend that.
>>
>>339718832
>>339718842

Talking to Fallout fans is pointless, but anyway maybe all the radioactive debris, the soil and everything in and near the river upstream is a source of contamination.

And yes if the water has irradiated particles in it it is dangerous.
>>
>>339713473
>legendary bullshit is the core aspect of the game
>>
>>339719501
>Talking to Fallout fans is pointless
why?
unless you mean bethesda's fallout fans
>>
>>339719501
how can it clear the potomac if the ocean is also irradiated

unless the purifier cleans the entire atlantic too
>>
File: 83112917.gif (2 MB, 264x222) Image search: [Google]
83112917.gif
2 MB, 264x222
Even with all it's flaws (Story, bugs etc) I still play and enjoy it by exploring. It's not the best Fallout game ever and it wasn't the best game of last year but I'm still enjoying it...

Also as a realist and a Fallout 4, the game came out exactly how I thought it would. Don't get people who were MASSIVELY disappointed in this game, Bethesda only do Bethesda style games, the good and the bad.
>>
tryed to make it like cod
>>
>>339720106
Oh no, I mean the hardcore one.
They have been going crazy since 2004 and they are not going to stop. That's why I think Bethesda should get rid of the Fallout IP.

>>339720578
I don't know. I'm no expert, but maybe the radiation level in the ocean is much lower because the concentration of radioactive particles is much more diluted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.