[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Controller thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
Gamestop has it for $35

Is it worth it?

Best controller for PC?

Yes KB+M is good, not what the thread is about
>>
Kb+m
>>
Xbox Elite

Unless you're poor.

Are you poor, OP?
>>
>>339678804
Just use kb+m man.
>>
WiiU Pro is pretty good
>>
>>339678804
That fancy xbone controller or even a DS4 works. This thing is not as good.
A lot of people will tell you to use kb+m but we know that it's not the best option for *everything*
>>
kb+m

Can't find any reason to use it.
>>
kb+m is shit
kb+c is where it's at
>>
it's shit
>>
Steam controller is trash. Just use an xbox controller
>>
>>339678804
an inbetween controller isnt really good

unless you need a controller to have like, a push to talk feature, don't bother. ps4 controller does everything you would need a controller for exceptionally well.

xbox one elite controller is stellar, but $100 too much
>>
>>339679243
I mean controller and mouse is where it's at.
>inb4 WASD faggots
Fuck off.
>>
Physically the thing is ok.

The start and select puttons are too close to the pads you can activate the pads by accident when pressing start or select.

The bottom triggers are nifty to add extra buttons and the track pads are good and allow for some precision when you get used to them.

The big stinker is Big Picture. Absolute fucking garbage. I've had a hard time getting big picture to mesh with games and recognize the fucking controller. Often times the controller will not have the correct configuration for games I start playing. I'll then have to restart the damn thing over and over to get it to sync right.

Overall give it a pass.
>>
>>339679210
I'm between this and buying a 360 adapter

Is this good enough to buy a whole new controller and an adapter as opposed to just an adapter for 360?
>>
>>339679634
>The big stinker is Big Picture. Absolute fucking garbage. I've had a hard time getting big picture to mesh with games and recognize the fucking controller. Often times the controller will not have the correct configuration for games I start playing. I'll then have to restart the damn thing over and over to get it to sync right.

This makes me really sad because i always dreamed of a "home PC" to live in the living room and couch, etc.

Is steamOS any better?
>>
>>339679837

Don't know anything about steamOS
>>
>>339678804
I bought it for DSII and GTAV, and ended up using it to browse on my TV from my couch.
>>
>>339679837
if you want pc in living room get a wireless keyboard and trackball.
>>
>>339679837
>Is steamOS any better?
It's literally BPM on top of Debian.
>>
>>339678804
Don't buy it, the right stick buttom broke on the second day I got it. Its also very uncomfortable to use, just stick with xbox controllers anon
>>
xbone is easily the best controller

the analog sticks shit on every other controller
>>
>>339678804
Find a way to try it out before you buy.
Most people I've spoke to either love it or hate it.
I bought one after my 360 pad broke and I hated it, so now my ds4 has to pull double duty
>>
>>339680232
English please?
>>
>>339679368
>>339679243
As someone who's tried pretty much everything to replace WASD(or ESDF/RAGE/whatever) with some kind of analog analog, it's stupid.

I've tried mouse+joystick, mouse+playstation move nunchuck, mouse+razer hydra, and even mouse+weird niche devices like the strategic commander.

There's a reason this shit hasn't caught on. It looks good on paper, the precision of a mouse with the variable movement speed and direction of an analog stick, but you quickly find out that WASD provides the fastest, most accurate direction switching when used in tandem with a mouse. Pressing D gives you a perfect right input in relation to the camera and since the mouse gives you so much more precision than a stick, it means it gives you better precision with WASD than you would have with a stick, as your inputs with a stick will typically a few degrees off.
>>
>>339678804
The controller is nice because it has grip buttons and you can customize it completely for any game. For example in the witcher 3 I made the left trigger the a button so I can look around while riding roche. Also, I hadn't found a way to play morrowind on a controller but it works flawlessly with the steam controller. Ultimately, the people disappointed in the steam controller probably didn't buy it for the features that it was made for, such as remapping and playing non controller games. I honestly don't find it any worse than the other controllers out there and it has the abilities I wanted in a controller. Just don't expect to use it for games like fps or mobas.
>>
>>339679210
Oh fuck does this work on pc??
>>
>>339679210
I'd really love that Dpad for Spelunky

Which PC controller has the best one?
>>
Anyone know is the Pro Controller is okay for flight sims? The trackpads seem like they could really work
>>
>>339681468
just stick with kb+m faggot
it's not about the most optimal experience, but pwning n00bs even if it's only a single player game.
>>
>>339678804
Steam controller is fucking garbage. I regret buying mine. Just buy an xbox controller.
>>
>>339678804
It's okay. I miss having two sticks for certain games, so I keep a 360 controller around. Also the analog stick has a convex grip. I don't know why they fucked that one up.
>>
>>339681468
Meant to say Steam Controller, fuck
>>
So should I get an xbone or Wii pro controller?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.