[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game lets me murder and engorge myself on the blood of others.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18
File: 1441532944722.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441532944722.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
What game lets me murder and engorge myself on the blood of others. To an extent, what are some brutal, gorey games with an emphasis on breaking heads off and ripping spines out?
>>
File: bad time skeleton.gif (2 KB, 108x146) Image search: [Google]
bad time skeleton.gif
2 KB, 108x146
Undertale.
Although it won't just let you murder people without any consequences mind you.
>>
Splatterhouse 2010.

Now go take a cold shower.
>>
tetris
>>
File: pepe wink.jpg (72 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe wink.jpg
72 KB, 300x250
>>339666764
real life
>>
The God of War series and Darksiders are both pretty focused on gore, or at least detailed killing. Both are similar types of game too.
>>
>>339666948
How is it gameplay-wise?
>>
dead by daylight? It's murdering people, jason style
>>
>>339667245
Repetitive as fuck.
>>
>>339667239
I've already tried Darksiders and enjoyed it up until the portal dungeon in the first game and never had a chance for the second hand. Actually haven't thought about God of War for some reason, and I know that's a fun curbstomp-fest.

>>339667327
>implying gore is repetitive
I'd like a little bit more explanation than that, anon, if you don't mind.
>>
>>339666764
Metal gear revengeance rising or whatever its called.
You rip then apart and grab their spines
>>
>>339666764
Dantes inferno
>>
>>339667508
You do the same moves to the same enemies for hours on end.

But the mask is funny at least.
>>
>>339667518
>>339667624

Already own both. Jetstream Sam's DLC was especially nice. Dante's Inferno was a curbstomp-fest, too, but had some actual depth to it.

>>339667683
Hmm. Sounds less appealing now, but I'll end up buying it if it's around $5.
>>
>>339667508
He's right about Splatterhouse 2010, there aren't many moves in combat and even the "Splatterkills"(like GoW's QTE Finishers) are repetitive because again, there's not many of them. I still enjoyed the game because everything outside of the repetitive combat was ok imo, though. It's peobably like $5 or $10 nowadays so it's not like it'd be putting a dent in your wallet. It also comes with the 3 original games, which are all fun.

Mirror Rick is the best fight in the game, fuck anyone who says Biggy Man was better.
>>
Dead Rising 2: OTR
>>
Brutal Doom's pretty hardcore when it comes to just ripping and tearing your enemies apart.
>>
>ctrl-f "mortal kombat"
>0 results

Mortal Kombat
>>
>>339668264
Isn't Off the Record the best Dead Rising game?

>>339668304
Sad as it is, I've never touched Doom whatsoever despite having a gore fetish. What am I missing out on?
>>
>>339668116 here, forgot to say The Warriors game for the PS2 is brutal. You can't do unrealistic crazy shit like rip heads off or any sort of dismemberment, but people get blodied and bruised up and sometimes they'll crawl away and puke all over the floor after you beat the shit out of them. You can still beat them while they're puking.
>>
>>339666764
Source?
>>
>>339668524
idolmaster cinderella girls. That image is an edit anon.
>>
>>339668410
Is MKX worth buying? Huge fan of fighters and I've heard not so good things about the mechanics of MKX.

>>339668482
Oh my, I thought that game was just a beat em up. How wonderful.

>>339668524
Edited image of Uzuki Shimamura from Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls. She's not actually Yandere or anything.
>>
>>339668482
Also forgot to say that The Warriors is actually a really fucking good game.
>>
>>339668412
Depends. Regular Doom is nothing special.

Brutal Doom makes enemies die in realistic ways (headshots, bullets tear off arms, they scream in pain until they die, some imps can try in vain to hold their intestines in) and blood splatters everywhere. By the end of the level it'll look like a game of Splatoon.
>>
>>339668641
Is it hard to run? It on Steam or something trustworthy?
>>
Well if you just want to get off to the though of it, there's Dorf Fort adventure mode. Chop off limbs, spill guts, pull out teeth, bite out eyeballs, you name it.

No graphics though, so hope you have a good imagination.
>>
>>339668614
You're probably thinking of The Warriors: Street Brawl, which is mediocre. The one I'm one about is a Rockstar game. I'm not sure what I'd call it, but the gameplay is like an extremely improved version of Bully's melee combat, and it's not open-world like most R* games, it's more like a bunch of hubs you can free roam and beat people around, the hubs are decently sized, though.
>>
>>339668412
The original's are pretty tame by today's standards, but are still definitely worth a play for that sense of overwhelming ferocity against the legions of Hell as a whole.

Brutal Doom brings this ferocity down to a personal level, so there's no shortage of ripping off heads and limbs, and generally tearing your foes apart. It's more outwardly violent and cathartic in the way that you seem to be looking for, so I'd definitely recommend it.

Don't let Doom elitists tell you what to do, either. There's this overwhelming negativity toward Brutal Doom because some retards insist that it 'fixes' the originals, and the rest of the community seems to think that this idea represents all Brutal Doom players as a whole. They're all fun games for their own reasons, and they're all certainly very violent, but Brutal Doom is more so, especially for gamers more used to modern games.

>>339668745
You download it through their website and run through an exe. We're at a version now that it's standalone, and easy to run.
>>
Boku no Brutal Doom.
If you want something that's actually fun in exchange for the carnage factor, you could try other Doom mods.
>>
>>339668914
Also(I'm very forgetful apparently) Manhunt is another brutal R* game you should look into. The Warriors has better gameplay, but Manhunt has the unrealistic cheesy gore you're looking for.
>>
>>339668618
DMC3-tier combat?

>>339668857
I'll skip out on that. I'd much rather see if than read it, I think.

>>339668918
It's more outwardly violent and cathartic >in the way that you seem to be looking for
Thanks, sweetheart. Brutal Doom is now my weekend project.

>>339669094
How is Manhunt, actually. Both gameplay and gore-wise.
>>
Wow no one's mentioned Hatred?
>>
File: Darkness II Execution.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Darkness II Execution.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
My personal recommendation is Darkness II. Yes, there are a bunch of nasty, gorey executions in the game that are very satisfying, but the main reason I recommend the game is because it's one of my favorites and hugely underrated in every aspect. The gunplay/melee system is fantastic and unique, the storytelling is top notch with some meaningful elements, the art style looks stylish to this day (pic unrelated, there are much better looking screenshots out there of the game, just wanted to show an execution for you.)

Also, there is an execution that genuinely rips out the spine of someone through their mouth, which is exactly what you requested, so you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>339666764
>tfw no qt sitting on your lap while you guro people in games

also dorf fort
>>
>>339669283
Doesn't sit right with me mentally. Looked fun gameplay-wise, though.

>>339669284
Didn't know Darkness II was like that. I know that game is pocket change, so I'll buy that soon, too.
>>
List of gore games:

Dead By Daylight (online game)
Manhunt
Doom (pick anyone)
Hatred
Shadow of rome
fist of the north star counts i guess.
anything mortal kombat related
demonophobia
>>
>>339669284
My only gripe with the second Darkness game is that it lost the terrific atmosphere of the first one.

>>339669187
>Thanks, sweetheart. Brutal Doom is now my weekend project.
Hope you enjoy it. If you manage to finish the levels that the mod automatically comes with, you can download other Doom wads and have a play with them with the same Brutal Doom gameplay. Though, be prepared to do a little fiddling around in order to get it working.
>>
File: gore.jpg (431 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
gore.jpg
431 KB, 1275x1650
>>339666764
Killing Floor 2 doesn't have brutal scenes, but blood is permanent on the stage and enemies have many body parts to dismember when you kill them
>>
>>339669448
Shadow of Rome? And I'm not one for online vidya when it's gore. I'd much rather go at my own pace with single player.

>>339669526
Any tips on getting it to work? I'm not good with 'puters.
>>
>>339669283
Because its shit?
>>
>>339669658
shadow of rome.
you play as a gladiator for half the game where you are encouraged to do as much gory shit as possible.

list of things you can do include, but are not limited to:

cutting off limbs
cutting off limbs and beating them with it
making them wet themselves and then murder them
send them flying
send them flying and break their neck
steal their weapon and slice their limbs off
break their limbs and watch them run
chop them in half, literally
>>
>>339669187
No, it ain't DMC tier, it's a lot more basic and grounded in reality, but still satisfying. You punch and kick people really hard and throw them to the ground and bash their heads on the concrete. Sometimes you bash them into a wall. Or hit them with a beer bottle, or stab them, or smash their face into a wall, or hit them with a bat, or a hammer. You can vary up your light and heavy attacks to do basic dial-a-combos.

There's some environmental interaction here and there, but not too much. Very satisfying combat, even if it's not DMC-tier(but then again, DMC is pretty much the best at what it does, it's hard to compete.

Manhunt is a stealth game that uses the same controls as The Warriors, so it's a little wonky. Not bad, but not as good as it could be if it wasn't like The Warriors. Gore very satisfying, but again, more grounded than say, GoW or DOOM.
>>
File: Darkness II Jenny.jpg (526 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Darkness II Jenny.jpg
526 KB, 2048x1152
>>339669443
>I know that game is pocket change, so I'll buy that soon, too.
Props man, I know you'll like it. It mixes up the normal FPS combat by adding vertical/horizontal melee sweeps, a talon grab that can snatch/throw enemies and items, three weapon slots including dual-wielding, two cooldown abilities, and last but not least a strong emphasis on positioning by needing to stay in the darkness. When you first play it, it might seem like a stereotypical mafia game, but you'll soon see it gets very meaningful and an allegory for mental illness.

Plus it has one of the best waifus in any game, Jenny.
>>
>>339669973
post yfw in the first game it wasn't your fault
>>
File: DoomWADS.png (3 MB, 1543x5500) Image search: [Google]
DoomWADS.png
3 MB, 1543x5500
>>339669658
>Any tips on getting it to work?

Might want to look up some guides on Doom iwads and pwads, and how they work, to get an understanding of what you might need to do.

I'd recommend checking out GZDoom and ZDL, which you can use together to launch mods pretty easily.

But don't worry too much before you finish the levels that come with Brutal Doom, there are quite a few hours of fun in there as it is.

Pic related is if you want to get started on other wads.
>>
Doom 2016 is all about that. But it's demons, not humans, so I don't know if that's what you want.
>>
>>339668614
>I've heard not so good things about the mechanics of MKX.

it has faults like too many 50/50s but the fast rushdown gameplay is fun. the netcode got upgraded and is godlike now too.
>>
new doom

>>339668614
if good as a semi serious fighter, I'd have to say no since they dropped support for pc version
>>
>>339669825
>making them wet themselves
Gonna need two towels for this one

>>339669875
Can I repeatedly bash someone's head into a wall/floor in Warriors? And how does the stealth in Manhunt compare to MGS? Is it Predator-y kinda stealth where I can pick off people one by one?

>>339669973
Gore and a waifu? Thought she dies in the first game? Is there legit romance or something? Killing people for someone's sake spurns nicely.
>>
>>339669875
Also Manhunt is very gory, despite being more grounded, forgot to say...again. Lots of fucked up executions and stealth kills you can do.
>>
>>339670182
Huge fan of SMT. Rending those bastards in twain is more exciting. How's the "Glory Kill" thing? Is it toned down because it's AAA or somethin'?

>>339670286
Define "fucked up", anon. You underestimate me.
>>
>>339670187
After you bash their fookin' heads in you can just pick them up off the floor and do it again until they die. Enemies aren't complete pushovers, though, and their is a stamina system that allows them to break out of your grab and fuck your day up.

The whole point of Manhunt is to slowly and horrifically pick people off, so yeah. There's no non-lethal bonus in the game, you can only kill, and you've got the health and resistances of a paper bag, so predator play is encouraged.
>>
>>339670187
Oh there's a legit romance all right. And yes, she dies in the first game, but keep in mind our protagonist has psychosis and frequent flashbacks.
>>
>>339670409
Not that toned down. You can execute demons with simple punches to the face, to ripping off legs and stomping them with them, to quite literally tearing them in half, to feeding them their own volatile, explosive organs, to tearing off horns and stabbing them with it.
>>
>>339670183
>>339670185

I've watched all the Fatalaties and Brutalaties numerous times. Are the characters diverse? I think Kenji and Takeda were the ones that tickled my fancy the most gameplay-wise.

>>339670582
Manhunt sounds fun alright, as does Warriors.

>>339670675
Does the player character make any noise when these happen?
>>
File: D3 zero.jpg (168 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
D3 zero.jpg
168 KB, 1000x1400
>>339666764
Drakengard 3 has you murder people, monsters, and a couple fairies. There's a mechanic where you engage in a super mode once you're covered in enough blood, while wailing is added to the music.
You also play as a slut who cucks her sisters.
>>
>>339670409
You can slowly choke people to death with a fucking grocery bag, I remember that one stuck out to me because you know, not many other games let you use plastic bags as weapons. Honestly you might have to look up a kill montage or something for Manhunt because it's been a very long time since I've played it, but it got banned in some countries when it was released for being fucked up, so I think that's enough to tell you that the game is fucking weird.
>>
>>339670864
Not a fan of that director. Nier was alright to me but I didn't see the hubub over anything else he made. Is the main character psychotic or somethin'?

>>339670946
It got banned in countries? Beautiful. Already excited for this.
>>
>>339670864
You forgot to mention the awful gameplay. I mean I like Drakengard but it's not fair to not tell OP about that.
>>
>>339670841
I'd like to think so yeah, theres few grapplers though

as for new doom, no, doomguy doesnt let out even a grunt through the game
>>
>>339671115
'S what I was afraid of hearing.

>>339671150
Bah, minor letdown. I want a Doomguy who makes small orgasmic grunts with me when gore happens.
>>
>>339666927
This is cringey enough I'm pretty sure you're baiting.
>>
>>339671042
Also, avoid Manhunt 2 unless you plan on playing it on PC with the uncensored mod because it got, well, censored heavily on the console releases.
>>
File: notu.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
notu.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>339670841
No, he's completely silent. His personality comes across in cutscenes sometimes, but it's mostly played for laughs. Because he's meant to quite literally have fought his way through multiple dimensions, Hell and back even before the game, he's basically just fed up with stupid scientists trying to harness the energies of Hell for good.
>>
>>339670841
>Are the characters diverse?

for the most part because of the variation system. some variations are straight up better than others right now but it mostly depends on the matchup.
>>
>>339671254
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, Drakengard 3's gameplay is about as shitty as all the other Drakengard game's gameplay. Which means it's awful. A lot of people compare it to Killer Is Dead but I don't think they're similar at all, KiD is way better gameplay-wise.
>>
>>339671268
Yuck.

>>339671285
Man that's a real bummer. I'm not one for voiced protagonists in a game like Doom but quips and laughter would've sufficed. Kinda weird Doomguy would get tired of doing what he does, though.

Thanks to everyone who's posting, by the way! I've gone through a bad breakup and I wanna return to my roots to make myself feel better.
>>
>>339671115
He mentionned gore, not good gameplay. As much as I love the game, I'm not gonna deny it's awful in many ways.

>>339671042
Zero isn't really psychotic. More like she's... Driven I suppose? A desire for vengeance, and the fact she's a ticking timebomb means she doesn't really have the time to be nice and understanding.
I wasn't really getting that much in her mindset initially, but when the troops in chapter 3 did what they did I got into the whole "revenge muder hatred" thing
>>
File: 1346444457419.jpg (953 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1346444457419.jpg
953 KB, 1900x1000
>>339666764
>install Skyrim
>install Deadly Mutilation
>install weapons mods as well as blood spilling mod and torture mod
>???
>rip and tear
>>
How has no one mentioned Dead Space? The whole game is body horror and dismemberment along with pants shitting terror.
>>
>>339671524
Truly, the best way to do that is to play tons of violent video games. Not even being sarcastic.
>>
>>339671524
It's the same Doomguy from the original games. He didn't talk in those so he doesn't talk here, but you can tell he's annoyed that scientist keep fucking with portals to hell through his body language.
>>
>>339671438
Seems like an interesting system. I'd be more than happy for a projectile heavy character to have a variation with something else.

>>339671607
>Skyrim
Not a fan of Bethesda, sweetie.

>>339671637
Dead Space 1 is my favorite TPS, so that's covered.
>>
File: 1464684774314.gif (49 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1464684774314.gif
49 KB, 640x360
>>339666927
>>
>>339671653
I know. Doin' my best to not kill the person who left me. They waited a few days to tell me it was over because "I didnt know what you were gonna do" and crap. They have a really bad flu right now, so divine intervention already has it out for them. Thanks for the advice!

>>339671731
That's awesome, man. Doomguy is a swell character and I think it's cool they kept him canon consistent.
>>
>>339671945
Taking shit life problems out on video games is basically what /v/ was founded for. You're amongst equally sore friends here, bud.
>>
>>339672176
I know I am. I don't post often but I do revel happily in the community. Good to know being a gore addict isn't frowned upon that hardly.
>>
Demonophobia was ok
>>
>>339672383
What is it?
>>
>>339672351
>being a gore addict isn't frowned upon that hardly
Boy, it's 4chan, there's been worse shit here than someone enjoying violent videogames. The worst you'd probably get here is someone calling you edgy.
>>
File: 1346387865415.png (10 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
1346387865415.png
10 KB, 473x454
It's not terribly gory for what it is, but Postal 2/Paradise Lost has just the right amount of edge if you want to take a look.
>>
>>339672559
I think the more accurate term for it would be 'cruelty simulator'.
>>
>>339672559
Some people have told me Postal 2 wasn't for me? Don't know what to think on that. Mind explaining the extent of the gore?

>>339672537
Yeah, I know that. Just bothers me when someone says I'm "edgy" or whatever. I personally don't like to think on why I like gore so much but I'll let my therapist tell me that.
>>
>>339666764

Onechanbara Z2 is about to get released on PC so you might as well get that one. Blood and tits.
>>
>>339672774
How big we talking' here? I'll settle for nothing less than a Dead or Alive girl that isn't that one Loli
>>
File: 1352639977724.jpg (500 KB, 841x969) Image search: [Google]
1352639977724.jpg
500 KB, 841x969
>>339672454
Loli guro simulator 2007. It's full of cheap deaths and half of the difficulty comes from wrestling with the controls, but the deaths are what the draw is supposed to be in the first place. Neat little story, good luck getting through the area 6 and 7 bosses though.
>>
>>339668412
>the best Dead Rising game
>OTR
as much as I love papa Franku, the small changes made the game worse than DR2 for me.
The way follower/zombies worked is closer to the 1st Dead Rising which means that followers will constantly get grabbed by zombies and zombies deal significant damage to followers compared to 2 which makes saving the assholes a pain in the butthole.
>>
>>339673116
Lolis? Hm. I'd rather play something that played better if the controls were bad. Plus I'd enjoy killing other aside from myself.

>>339673181
Besides that, though, is it as fun as DR1?
>>
>>339673181
What? I thought saving survivors was pretty easy in 2 and OTR. OTR is still the best out of them all because of Uranus Zone and delicious Frank+Chuck co-op lollygagging
>>
File: 1463753666600.gif (239 KB, 224x198) Image search: [Google]
1463753666600.gif
239 KB, 224x198
>>339672721
There's something special about punching a guy so hard his entire breakfast falls out. You probably like gore so much because it's ridiculous. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>339673327
OTR is the funnest DR game, don't listen to that wiener.
>>
>>339666764
Ninja Gaiden 2
>>
>>339673443
Nnmm. I like gore because partially the reason you listed, but my main reason is that some people are bad people. Criminals, rapists, generally bad people, and they only way they can be 'fixed', is by eating their esophogas out of their neck. Other than that reason I'd never wanna hurt an innocent person when I'm in a good mood.

>>339673606
Already have it and it tempts me with eviceration but the difficulty is horrific.
>>
>>339673431
>I thought saving survivors was pretty easy in 2 and OTR
it's piss easy in 2 because zombies focus mainly on you and even if a follower gets grabbed they do very little damage. Escort quests are never fun, so it was great that DR2 made them as less of a waste of time as possible.
DR2 OTR made how the zombies work closer to the 1st one which made them a pain in the ass. It's easier than 1 because the AI isn't rock stupid but my point is that, OTR made it more annoying and feel like a bigger waste of time.
Both DR2 and OTR are great, I just prefer 2.
>>
The Predator game on ps2.

Alien vs. Predator for 360
>>
>>339673719
>difficulty is horrific
NG2 difficulty is as overrated as Dark Souls.
>>
>>339674079
You're completely validated in your opinion, and it sounds like you've played the whole series. I will admit DR1 was some Mega Man-tier difficulty with survivors, too.
>>
>>339674195
Didn't prefer them too much, actually. Being non-human made me feel weird. Didn't feel just.

>>339674232
Ninja Gaiden 2 is hard, man. Automatic rocket launchers are cheap as cheap can be.
>>
Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode.

Should you make the proper character, you can sever limbs and watch as they bleed out, break all their joints and leave them a vegetable, punch people so hard their heads explode, quite a bit of shit, really. You can even make trinkets from their bones.

I just hope you like reading.
>>
>>339674401
As much as that tickles my fancy, I'd rather see it than read about it.
>>
Not gory but Hitman is a good murder simulator.
>>
>>339673719
God dammit OP, I liked you. I thought you were just another man who could appreciate a good ol' goring every once in awhile, but that "bad peepul need to get punished with my fist" thing was edgy. I mean, I don't disagree about bad people getting what's coming to them, but the way you said it sounds edgy.

>>339674079
I never really noticed, like you said, the AI was better. They rarely got grabbed for me and it felt just as easy as vanilla 2 was, maybe you just need to git gud.
>>
File: MadWorldWallpaper.jpg (729 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
MadWorldWallpaper.jpg
729 KB, 1920x1200
How has nobody mentioned MadWorld yet?
>>
Gonna go to bed now. I should be sleeping but I'm sitting in a small puddle of sweat from all this. Thanks everyone!

My list from all this is:
Doom (2016), Brutal Doom, The Warriors, Manhunt, Darkness II, and Dead Rising: Off the Record.

>>339674619
Gore is gore. At the end of the day, enjoying the death of someone is enjoying the death of someone. Maybe I use "Justice" as an excuse to make myself sleep at night. Either way I certainly do enjoy it, even though I know it probably isn't mentally healthy. But if some people can rape people all day and make people commit suicide from loans all day, why can't I revel in the idea of cleaning up the world of some bad eggs before I go? Memento mori, anon.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.