[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any new news about FFXV? Or will we have to wait until E3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: ffxv.jpg (343 KB, 1197x1500) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
343 KB, 1197x1500
Any new news about FFXV? Or will we have to wait until E3?
>>
>>339637162
You can’t climb.
There is a system similar to a skill tree. You can also learn new abilities.
The game isn’t set in an open world where you can freely go wherever you like. Since there is a main quest, the more you progress, the more places you’ll be able to go.
The action isn’t very difficult. It’s an RPG through and through that everyone can enjoy. The game will have difficulty settings, which will be discussed more at E3.
The second episode of Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV will come out around E3.
There are seven types of standard weapon categories, and each category has a variety of weapons. Combined with the Phantom Sword, there are even more categories within itself.
There won’t be a gallery mode in the final version, but there are plans to make it after the game is finished. There are no plans for a camera mode.
Cars are faster than chocobos.
The white-hooded man from the E3 2013 trailer is still in the game.
In response to a user concerned about the “downgraded” graphics of the Platinum Demo, who asked when we’ll see the graphics of the actual product, the response was “Please look forward to E3.”
On putting out an Ignis’ Cookbook: “If you’re in publishing, by all means make us an offer.”
There are no plans for an Ultimate Edition without the Noctis figure.
You can’t control the boat. You can control the camera, however.
There aren’t just 10 songs from previous Final Fantasy games to listen to in the car—there’s an abundance of songs to enjoy. Since there are law restrictions and such per country, being able to play your own music in the game is a difficult thing to implement.
You can save at any time (not just at camp).
You can return to areas you’ve previously visited so long as it’s before the last boss.
You can fast travel by choosing camp sites and such from the map.
>>
>>339637696
In response to “Why did you develop this game for 10 years?” Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long.
Facial structure and hair designs for Prompto were altered after receiving negative feedback so that users around the world would better receive the game.
Hajime Tabata’s favorite character is Noctis, and Akio Ofuji’s is Prompto.
There are no plans to release a Soldier-style Cloud costume from the Final Fantasy VII movie as downloadable content.
You’ll get a “Game Over” if you fail to land the car from flight. It’s not that difficult, though.
There are many parts based on the real experiences of the staff. Some of it is also influenced by a trip to Europe that Tabata went on in his 20s.
You can give chocobos buffs through meals.
The Lucis government is a friendly one. Compared to the Shinzo Abe administration… “let’s stop there.”
Tabata wants to release a bundle, but that’s up to Sony Interactive Entertainment. He’d like if it could happen.
After development on the game wraps up, Tabata promised SaGa creator Akitoshi Kawazu that he would clear Final Fantasy II.
Tabata is planning a countdown to midnight release live stream on September 29.
Tabata attributes Noctis drinking Ebony in Brotherhood to the behavior of a young person drinking coffee to be cool, since Noctis says he hates it in Episode Duscae.
The name Ebony, which is both the name of the development engine and Ignis’ favorite coffee, comes from the color black, which is the key color of Final Fantasy XV (and the color the coffee). Since there’s already an Ebony Coffee in New Zealand, they might not be able to use the name overseas.
Justice Monsters‘ release timing will be announced immediately following E3.
A “Day 0 Edition” Active Time Report is planned for June 13, the day before E3.
>>
>>339637696
>The game will have difficulty settings
Weren't the two different gameplay modes supposed to be the equivalent of difficulty settings?
>>
>>339638024
It's not like he went into any detail in the ATR, we're still just as much in the dark
>>
File: 67543456.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
67543456.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>
>>339637696
I don't understand how we just learn of skill trees 3 months before launch.

We haven't even seen it. We don't know what kinda abilities are on the skill tree.
>>
>>339637162
Can't wait for Dawn Prologue :)

Nostalgiafags will enjoy it.
>>
>>339637696
>You can’t climb.
I mean, you can warp and shit, so okay?
>There is a system similar to a skill tree. You can also learn new abilities.
Sounds cool.
>The game isn’t set in an open world where you can freely go wherever you like. Since there is a main quest, the more you progress, the more places you’ll be able to go.
Thank god, I was seriously worried about an open world JRPG. I don't need another XCX.
>The action isn’t very difficult.
I mean, it's a FF mainline title, they're never difficult in the slightest.
>The second episode of Brotherhood will come out around E3.
Meh.
>There are seven types of standard weapon categories, and each category has a variety of weapons. Combined with the Phantom Sword, there are even more categories within itself.
That sounds really in-depth, good thing it's not as shallow as it looks.
>There won’t be a gallery mode in the final version, but there are plans to make it after the game is finished. There are no plans for a camera mode.
Fuck people that want this social media horseshit in video games. It was bad enough in GTAV.
>Cars are faster than chocobos.
shocking
>The white-hooded man from the E3 2013 trailer is still in the game.
who
>In response to a user concerned about the “downgraded” graphics of the Platinum Demo, who asked when we’ll see the graphics of the actual product, the response was “Please look forward to E3.”
Yeah right, we'll see, but I'm not holding out hope.
>On putting out an Ignis’ Cookbook: “If you’re in publishing, by all means make us an offer.”
for what purpose would people request this
>no Ultimate Edition without the Noctis figure.
people who buy ultimate editions are cancer
>You can’t control the boat.
Fuck.
>There aren’t just 10 songs
Cool.
>You can save at any time (not just at camp).
Hell yeah.
>You can return to areas
As per norm for FF.
>You can fast travel
Awful. Fast travel is shit and makes games seem tiny.
>>
>>339638353
GameInformer talked about it a little, to sum it up you'll have to decided if you want to upgrade your offense (Weapon abilities, upgrade magic and shit), defense (Looks like you get more i-frames for the dodge this way) or your party members
>>
>>339638353
They keep lots of surprises under the wraps. Can't wait to see people react to their secret job system reveal.

Hell 80% of the game is still "covered".

At least, people who don't expect much will get widely pleased
>>
File: xv_e3_2013-156.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
xv_e3_2013-156.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>339638460
>>The white-hooded man from the E3 2013 trailer is still in the game.
>who

>Awful. Fast travel is shit and makes games seem tiny.
I'm also worried about that but at the very least it's only between the camp sites, my hope is that you can't travel from a camp site from one area to one in another area
>>
>>339637798
>Tabata said it’s not like they decided from the beginning that they were going to develop the game for that long.
Well, yeah. No one plans for that.
>Facial structure and hair designs for Prompto were altered
Fuck appeasing focus groups. Make ugly characters no one likes. There are plenty of people in real life no one likes.
>Hajime Tabata’s favorite character is Noctis, and Akio Ofuji’s is Prompto.
ok
>There are no plans to release a Soldier-style Cloud costume from the Final Fantasy VII movie as downloadable content.
good, fuck pandering
>You’ll get a “Game Over” if you fail to land the car from flight. It’s not that difficult, though.
That's hilarious, and good.
>There are many parts based on the real experiences of the staff. Some of it is also influenced by a trip to Europe that Tabata went on in his 20s.
So, lots of drugs?
>You can give chocobos buffs through meals.
cool
>The Lucis government is a friendly one. Compared to the Shinzo Abe administration… “let’s stop there.”
ok
>Tabata wants to release a bundle, but that’s up to Sony Interactive Entertainment. He’d like if it could happen.
a wot
>Tabata promised SaGa creator Akitoshi Kawazu that he would clear Final Fantasy II.
neat
>Tabata is planning a countdown to midnight release live stream on September 29.
fun
>Tabata attributes Noctis drinking Ebony in Brotherhood to the behavior of a young person drinking coffee to be cool, since Noctis says he hates it in Episode Duscae.
Everyone did that kinda stuff, makes sense.
>The name Ebony ... might not be able to use the name overseas.
Well, figures.
>Justice Monsters‘ release timing will be announced immediately following E3.
neat?
>A “Day 0 Edition” Active Time Report is planned for June 13, the day before E3.
nice
>>
>>339638353
>not liking surprises

nigga I hope we don't learn anything else except how pretty the world is at E3. surprise the fuck out of me, tabata, make me love your franchise again.
>>
>>339638810
That's what actually allows me to be hyped as i am
I mean, i liked MGSV but i'll be the first to admit that they kind of ruined the experience by showing 98% of all the fucking gameplay elements the game had to offer, meanwhile we've barely seen any of the team action the party members can perform, let alone weapon abilities
>>
>>339638963
Oh, a robed person. With what looks like one of those evil entity things from FFXIV on his face?
>>
File: 1462183668769.jpg (37 KB, 463x465) Image search: [Google]
1462183668769.jpg
37 KB, 463x465
OH FUCK

A NEW VIDEO

THREE MINUTES AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMF7z0acwQ
>>
>>339640026
Who's that black dude with white dreads? He was based
>>
>>339638460
>Awful. Fast travel is shit and makes games seem tiny.

The inverse argument would be that having to traverse a large zone multiple times to uncover everything can get tedious.
>>
>>339640985
Just make it so you can upgrade your chocobo/car, man. FF overworlds always let you move around super fast without needing fast travel.
>>
>>339641147
You can do those things, too. I guess it just depends on travel time vs. load time on which method would be better. Also, it sounds like the flying car is going to reach an insane speed.
>>
>>339641147
>Just make it so you can upgrade your chocobo/car, man
That's what the flying car is for.
>>
>>339641553
The flying car alone convinces me that the fast travel system will be pretty limited
>>
>>339637162
FFXV kun was outed

That's about it
>>
>>339641734
It'll probably just be for going between campsites.
>>
>>339642225
Yeah that's what Tabata said
But, like, is there anything preventing me from fast traveling from a camp site in Duscae to another one halfway across the continent?
>>
>>339642225
Have they given any info on how much you can customize the campsites?
>>
10 days till ffxv day zero edition i hope for a new trailer go all out
>>
>>339643679
Not yet.
>>
File: E3.jpg (246 KB, 1290x630) Image search: [Google]
E3.jpg
246 KB, 1290x630
>>339643991
Trailer will probably only happen on Sony's conference
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.