[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does DaS3 feel so meh compared to Bloodborne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
Why does DaS3 feel so meh compared to Bloodborne?
>>
it doesn't
>>
>>339634478
because you're a desperate sonigger
>>
>>339634478
Memes aside, DaS3 is far more R1 spammy, and combines the flaws of both Bloodborne and Souls by trying to combine them.
>>
Well BB is From's masterpiece and one of the best games ever made, while DaS has always been pretty mediocre and only loved for MUHGITGUD
>>
>watching those fucking friends play DaS3
>they're in the unlight shrine and they miss THE ONLY NPC

These people are literally the dumbest fuckers ever.
>>
Does the ps4 remote play work well with bloodborne?
>>
it was so much easier to replay bloodborne over. always had fun. feels like a chore in ds3
>>
dark souls 3 is so fucking shitty

i said it was good at first but the hype is gone and its fucking shit, havent touched it in a couple weeks, fucking boring garbage thats only good for the first half and the mechanics and balance are the most fucking retarded bunches of shit ive ever seen in a game

fuck miyazaki, that fucking hack
>>
>>339634478
Because you're desperately trying to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a single, 2 hour long game.
>>
>>339634478
Because DS3 is a continuation of DS1 and 2. It's just more of the same shit.
>>
>>339635328
what NPC?
>>
File: 1463524794161.gif (732 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463524794161.gif
732 KB, 400x400
>>339635479

You sound like a balanced, broad and clear thinker.
>>
>>339634478

Shit movesets.
Less moves overall.
Shit story.
Shit atmosphere.
Slow and arduous to play.
Who-gives-a-fuck levels of rehashing and pandering.
Didn't do a single new thing.

DaS3 was shit.
>>
>>339635392
It does with decent Internet connection. I float around 22 up and 8 down and the lag was very miniscule and pretty easy to manage. Granted I was playing on my laptop about 6 inches away from my ps4, with the ps4 on ethernet.
>>
Tired setting, mostly
>>
>>339635617
The handmaiden.
>>
>>339635479
Could you use the form of fuck any more?
>>
>>339635702
>remote play
>internet connection
You're a fucking idiot
>>
Well because BB is the apex of the series currently in almost every conceivable way, while Dark Souls 3 is a middling downgrade of BB and a middling rehash of Dark Souls.
>>
File: 1403772787536.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1403772787536.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
>>339635483
>2 hours

What fucking game were you even playing?
>>
>>339635479
But the second half is better. Every area after the Catacombs is better than everything before.
>>
File: 1462685849736.png (576 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1462685849736.png
576 KB, 1200x788
As someone who's played 'em all on release, I think it's a fine entry in the series and good game.

But yes their formula is now starting to truly wear out, and Bloodborne felt like a nice divergence from it.

No more Souls games, at least Dark would be best.
>>
Because das2 buttfucked the game's lore, while bb had god tier lore
>>
>>339635812
Yes, remote play runs off of an internet connection. What's your point?
>>
>>339635854
The bosses get better and the levels get more linear and worse.
>>
>>339635479
Why the fuck do you need to say fuck over and over, you sperg?
>>
>>339635848
He probably saw a youtube video of someone glitch running it and based the games worth on that.
>>
>>339635479
The second half is far superior to the swampy first half.
>>
>>339636046
Disagree, the dungeon was great, lothric castle was great, archdragon peak was great.
>>
>>339636042
Wait, it does? Fucking why? Is Sony retarded?
>>
>>339635921
>played em all on release

What does that have to do with the game at all? You think your opinion is kore entitled than someone who played it after release day? Fuck off your high horse.
>>
>>339635178
>ds3
>more spammy than bloodborne, which rewards r1 spam more than any other game
I mean yeah the combo system was cool as fuck but aside from the pile bunker there was very little reason to ever use it.
>>
Because you need to justify spending 400 bucks on a console.
>>
>>339636314
Was a gift :)
>>
File: 1463810961011.jpg (30 KB, 216x194) Image search: [Google]
1463810961011.jpg
30 KB, 216x194
>>339636230
Nope, just you
>>
>>339635782
where the fuck is the handmaiden near the sunlight altar
>>
>>339635848
>>339635848
maybe he confused hours with fps
>>
>>339636471
There are no NPCs near the sunlight altar. He's talking about the shrine in the Untended Graves.
>>
>>339636457
>in-house streaming
>over the internet
>>
>sonyggers still at it
Give it a rest, children
>>
>>339636046
What levels aren't linear as fuck? Farron Keep and the area just before it? Farron Keep is the worst poison pit yet, and the earlier areas are just dull. The design of later areas, the way shit like Irithyll and the dungeon link, there's definitely better designs in the second half. Archives and Lothric Castle are better than earlier versions. There's still a couple of weak areas, but they're less boring overall.
>>
>>339636653
Are you fucking retarded? How do you think streaming works?
>>
>>339635479
I don't see how it's more shitty than either DaS1 or DaS2 were around this time of their release.
>>
>>339636170
Dungeon is short as fuck and archdragon peak is shit solely due to the fucking chain axes having noclip and more-or-less infinite range.

I've taken to using slumbering ring and hidden body to just run through and get the ashes and stone
>>
>>339636764
It's on the same fucking local network, why the hell would it need to be sent to anywhere but the PC itself?
>>
File: Bloodborne-Ending-2.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-Ending-2.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
Bloodborne's atmosphere, lore, weapons, and gameplay was all far superior to the Dark Souls games. The quick and fluid combat, the visceral attacks and trick weapons, the fantastic and deep story. It is amazing. It is my GOTY of last year and maybe this generation as a whole thus far.
P.S.: Don't look at the pic unless you want to spoil the normal final boss of BB.
>>
>>339634478
Thank god PS4 emulation is taking huge steps in the last week, you will see all the pc players randomly praising it as the best game ever.

I will also enjoy it on my 60FPS/1440p
>>
>>339636885
>being this bad
Just roll twice and stop trying to run away from the chain axes
As someone who has beaten dragons peak through NG+3 capped at 120, git fucking good
>>
Lack of poise ruined everything
Bloodborne didnt need it because it is faster
>>
>>339636893
Because it's not LAN. I should've clarified, I apologize. The wifi isn't strong enough to reach my laptop in my room so I Hotspot my wifi from my phone to my laptop. Different networks. I see what you're saying now and that's my bad for not specifying.
>>
I enjoyed the bosses, music, atmosphere and gameplay a ton more in dark souls 3 to be honest.

This is in comparison to the non-dlc content in bloodborne, where I felt the entire game after cathedral ward felt both less engaging and really lost it's pacing.

I don't know if it's the tedious horde encoutners with enemies that do ridiculously high damage, the large set of piss poor bosses like rom, the one reborn, micolash, celestial emissary, wet nurse, shadows, amygdala or witches of hemwick

The level design also felt like it was designed from an exploratory well thought out standpoint, but they never filled the areas out much with actual things to get or rewarding paths.

I also disliked the repetetive feeling tonality of the areas, it felt sluggish to go through as you were given samey enemies, which is part of why I disliked forbidden woods so much, the second half would have been better if they didn't fill it to the absolute brim with snakes in a way which made actually fighting them completely worthless.

The online system was also atrocious, I heavily disliked the bell system, which made both summoning and invasions more tedious, and also made invading outside of nightmare areas absolutely and utterly pointless, as it was quicker and more reliable in the areas.

Something about Bloodborne genuinely bores me to tears when I return to it, they filled the early game with 3 great bosses and some great level design, and then the quality largely slipped. This frontloaded approach would have worked well if the game maintained it over it's whole course, but it doesn't feel "natural" which ruins the pacing.

By comparison, in the first half of dark souls 1 it feels like a logical progression up to ornstein and smough, in dark souls 3 you have the first relatively less challenging first third up to the abyss watchers, the second more challenging one up to the dancer, and then the last act consisting of lothric castle and archdragon peak, the pacing is so much better.
>>
>>339637280
Ah, fair enough then.
>>
>>339637140
>Thank god PS4 emulation is taking huge steps in the last week
What
>>
>>339634478
Tired setting with little detail and little unique to itself.

Dark Souls 3 feels like a cash-in.
>>
>>339636305
I'm considering PvP, too. But relying on rally in Bloodborne was a pretty bad idea, you'd lose most trades pretty early, it was more a mechanic to get in after taking damage instead of backing off to heal. R1 spamming in Bloodborne was pretty fucking slow NG+ onwards, too. It was easier to mix shit up and tackle groups with varied moves. Can't say the same with DaS3, up to NG+5 and R1 spamming is still the most effective playstyle. Bosses don't have enough health for me to benefit from mixing up movesets, because there's no damage boost from it.
>>
Dark Souls 1 is unpolished but they legitimately put some new idea's in there

Bloodborne They only really cared about the PVE and was dripping with atmosphere and an interesting story.

Dark Souls 3 is polished but super safe, no developing plot, massive amount of references to DaS1, no level's felt intimidating like Tomb of Giants, no Sens Funhouse, no tailcutting, invasions have even more safety nets, tons of bonfires, estus chugging is easy as fuck.

The quality of DS3 is consistent, but its basically meh to play through.
>>
>>339635178
I hope you're kidding when you say that DS3 is more R1 spammy than BB.
>>
>>339635659

All either outright wrong or highly subjective. It's like we literally didn't play the same game. The only thing you even have in your list of complaints is that it's a 'le rehash' and even that is an unapproachable as fuck argument considering it's a sequel that directly continues the story.
>>
>>339637167
I cleared the area at SL1, still don't see why people struggle there.
>>
Japan Studios co-developed Bloodborne.
>>
>>339637167
Didn't say it was hard m8. It is, however, bullshit and I'd rather skip it and play actually fun parts of the game instead

Literally the only redeeming part of archdragon is nameless king. Even dragon aerie was more fun.
>>
>>339637305
The gameplay had it's fun quirks, I enjoyed the fast dashes and the variety of combos you could pull off, and yet even with the heavier weapons like HMB, I never had the same level of satisfaction with heavier attacks as in dark souls, this is excluding of course, the visceral system by it's very nature, although souls has parrying as an equivalent. Perhaps this was a result of the large health pools on a lot of enemy types, and the more spammy, less strategic playstyle that came as a result.

Despite all of this, I still think BB is a good game, and after the DLC, which helped the game feel a lot better, I would rate it under dark souls 1 and 3, but over 2 and demons souls.
>>
>>339634478
It doesn't, both games are good for their own reasons. You're just baiting real hard
>>
Because Bloodborne was mostly new while DS3 is a sequel full of things you've already scene and done.
>>
>>339635479
LOL calm down there bro, hopefully someone will take the bait
>>
>>339634478
I just got Dark Souls 3 and I'm having a blast with it though.
>>
>>339637305
I one hundred percent agree with you on Bloodborne and how after the early game it just kind of loses it. I really wish From would put a little more effort into patching DS3 because most of my problems with it are just related to the balance of everything, the only two areas I really "dread" going through are Champion's Road because of how boring it is and Farron Keep for what's probably obvious reasons.
>>
>>339635819

You sure are fucking retarded if you think it's a straight rehash of Dark Souls 1.

"B-b-but everything has to be designed from the bottom and never revisit to add unto the old stuff"

Dark Souls 3 is nothing like Dark Souls 1 you mong. Even when it does retreads it adds completely new things to them, while also creating alternative explanations, and even then they're easily explained with prior lore and relative geography of prior games. If it was for your bullshit mindset, we'd never have had a fucking Lord of The Rings trilogy because "ooh, this reminds me too much of The Hobbit!" or the Silmarillion to The Lord of the Rings to expand upon middle-earth.

It's a numbered sequel, it's in the fucking tittle that it's Dark Souls 3.

What did you fucking expect?

"it's a rehash" kills the very opportunity for analysing in which ways it's actually very different, and is on it's own very poor argument.
>>
>>339638551
*Road of Sacrifices, no idea why I typed champions road
>>
>>339636271

Holy shit, triggered from by an innocuous comment much?
>>
File: fuck you i'm in a bearsuit.jpg (48 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
fuck you i'm in a bearsuit.jpg
48 KB, 1008x720
The pace and atmosphere established by bloodborne was new and fun. Dark Souls 3 was more of the same, again, for the third time.

This isn't rocket science.
>>
>>339637504

But the plot did develop?
>>
>>339636271
If he thinks that he's right. If you weren't around for DeS you never get to have a real opinion on the series, you'll always be second class.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.