[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chronicles of Elyria
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12
File: Chronicles-of-Elyria.jpg (230 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Chronicles-of-Elyria.jpg
230 KB, 1024x576
I've not seen any threads about this on here, time to change that.

Pretty much, this game will be like Wurm, but with:
>Aging and Permadeath (default 12 months, you lose some of your lifespan on each death)
>MMO with fuckhuge maps, different on each server
>offline player characters (when you logout, your character stays in the world, and AI that you scripted will control it)
>you can be kings and shiet
>bison-gorilla mounts
>action combat (still looks pretty bad and clunky)
>better grafics
Planned release is in December 2017.

Shame that it's Kickstarter.
>>
File: Forge_outdoor.jpg (485 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Forge_outdoor.jpg
485 KB, 1440x810
>>
File: SkullCave.jpg (351 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
SkullCave.jpg
351 KB, 1600x900
>>
File: 4ouhwp5.jpg (990 KB, 1900x1069) Image search: [Google]
4ouhwp5.jpg
990 KB, 1900x1069
>>
Wurm with /v/ was the shit, but I'm not sure if nu-/v/ can handle this.
Any beta tests in progress now? Some gameplay videos that aren't rambling?
Have a bump while I'm checking it out.
>>
>>339628770

>mmo.

Thats enough for to avoid it.
>>
>have to pay $10,000 to be a king
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>339629367
Beta tests are starting in 2017 from what I've read.

>>339629703
Wurm was classified as MMO too. Not every MMO is a WoW-clone.

>>339629806
If you want to design your own snowflake crown and stupid shit like that. You can also take over a kingdom owned by some NPC, or cuck a player who actually paid for it.
>>
Already backed for $175$

>>339629703
Spot the wowbabby
>>
told myself to not fall for "savior of MMO genre" anymore
do I fall for this one?
>>
Looks good so far, dev team seems experienced, backed 90 bucks and might go for 175.

>>339630865
Are you the same guy from that thread a while before?

>>339631183
Don't. If you aren't sold on first glance, wait for more info desu.
>>
>>339631880
but it looks nice
I feel like I shouldn't but I want to
>>
>>339630865

Never played wow and the only mmo that i was semi addicted yo was ragnarok, the rest i mostly dropped within weeks.
>>
I just hope that it wouldn't be a game with people who get endless materials and people who rule over endless lands
>>
>>339628770
Really? I have. It's been shilled here for weeks.

It has some different gimmicks however the combat looks fucking terrible. They contradicted themselves a couple of times during their promo video, it looks like another case of an overhyped product that'll be underwhelming upon release.
>>
>>339632154
After KS end they'll open Paypal so you can still donate as, maybe we'll be able to choose specific perks which will end up cheaper in result.
Take it easy unless you sleep on shekels.
>>
Oh lawd this thing again.

>another kickstarted mmo
>now with the fantastic gimmick of having to rebuy the game every year.
>better hope you don't get killed or you'll have to buy it again even sooner
>your CHOICES MATTER
>SKILL based gameplay
>all these BUZZWORDS everywhere

Can't wait for it to fall so flat on its face that it sends ripples across the retarded world in which a couple million bux makes a giant mmo.
>>
>>339632670
I even checked catalog and didn't see more than two threads that didn't 404 with no replies.

Can't disagree here, but even bad game like Wurm was fun as fuck with /v/ for years.
>>
File: Sandbox without sand.jpg (91 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
Sandbox without sand.jpg
91 KB, 640x428
>>339628770
You forgot to mention the best part.

>Game starts out with several entire kingdoms populated with NPC families, and when people make characters they're directly taking over NPCs, inheriting their lands and family lineage.

Sandbox games like EVE and Mortal Online have this flawed idea that sandboxes should be 99% empty space because players will eventually fill it up with content (which never happens). In this game there's an entire continent worth of cities to explore from the get go, and your life has direct relevance to other players as family members instead of everyone being orphaned murderhobos.
>>
>>339633812
Damn straight. At least the cities part, because I can bet majority will roll Wards and be special snowflakes.
>>
>>339633812
Huh, well. that got me interested. I ain't gonna hope too much, though.
>>
>>339634398

Unless you'll achieve something insane and get a ton of Story Points, you'll never be able to be a snowflake, even in this game
>>
>>339635105
pshh, we'll see who gets the last laugh kiddo *teleports away*
>>
Do devs still ban you for referring people who won't buy the game?
>>
Damn this shit sorta reminds me of mabinogi. But honestly? It just sounds too good to be true, I can't actually believe half this shit will turn out how they're explaining it.
>>
Sounds dumb. Why would I want my MMO character to permanently die?
>>
>>339636475
Because it's fun and keeps the game fresh.
And if you permakill someone you can steal their shit.
>>
>>339636475

Because you're hardcore and that's the way a game is meant to be played. And your actions have consequences and it's a sandbox git gud go back to wow. Basically.
>>
>>339636475
>>339636610
It looks like it doesn't actually work like that. Each death makes you older, or really, closer to the actual permadeath. Then you get a new body.

>The new player bodies are 15

This is giving me an erection senpai
>>
>>339636806

>Then you get a new body.

Then you have to pay to get a new body.

Fix'd it for you.
>>
>>339636891
No you don't. You have to pay to get a new soul (character).
>>
Well, I just backed it anyways. I've spent 25 dollars on pizzahut before so, shit, maybe this will actually be a good MMO.
>>
>>339637097

>CoE hearkens back to the coin-op arcade model where, for $30, players buy a Spark of Life that grants a soul the opportunity to live for between 10 and 14 months, before establishing your Soul in a new character of your choosing. (Note: 1 Spark of Life comes with purchase of the game.)

Stop lying on the internet anon.
>>
File: bros.jpg (70 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
70 KB, 1024x576
>>339634398
Players will initially want to be a Ward for total control over character customization, until they realize how much they're losing.

>unable to whisper anyone
>no starting land or workshops
>NO BOLSTERING

Bolstering is the craziest mechanic I've ever read about in a videogame. When you're in a family, your stats are upscaled to match the power level of the strongest nearby family member. For example, if you're a new player and hang around your Big Bro, you will become just as much of a badass as he is in your own way. Even crazier, "power level" transfers between stats. A family of raiders can have their strength bolstered to ridiculous heights when their autistic nerdy cousin who plays 24/7 comes along. Family is all about having power in numbers. Wanting to be a ward is asking to be useless.
>>
>>339631880
Aw shit 175 freed up. I kinda feel like it was a mistake, but I upgraded.
/blog
>>
>>339637394
But that's what I said? The soul, you buy the SOUL. Unless you're suggesting that you have to buy a new soul every time? That's wrong.
>>
>>339637639

>In CoE, bodies age and die, but Souls live forever.
>players buy a Spark of Life that grants a soul the opportunity to live for between 10 and 14 months
>When your character eventually dies, their soul will be reincarnated stronger than before and their spirit and destiny will live on in another character of your making.
>Depending on your level of play, that Spark of Life will typically last you 10-14 real months (but could be shorter at higher level fame). Once you reach permadeath at the end of your lifespan, you'll need to purchase another Spark of Life (retail $30 or via a Kickstarter tier or add-on) to continue playing with another character.

Learn to read, anon. Please.
>>
>>339637924
Oh I was wrong then.
>>
>>339637924
>>339637924
>>339637924
This right here is why I am hesitant to even bother with this MMO
>>
>>339628770
>December 2017
Reminder us in a year then
>>
>>339638123
Do you buy MMOs with monthly subscriptions? Because a spark of life is $30. That's 2 months subscription for other MMOs.
>>
>>339638123

The game won't even exist. At least not even close to what is promised.

They'd need a WHOLE lot more than what they got. Way more. Unless there's an outside investor willing to drop at least 20mil more on this project, it'll never see the light of day.
>>
>>339638335

Yeah but those MMO's don't invalidate all my progress. It's like buying the same single player RPG each year. More often if some dickwad decides to spawn camp me.

Oh and remember your character stays in the world indefinitely even after you log out. Better hope nobody decides to kill your offline ass or it's 30$ down the drain.
>>
>>339638123
It's essentially a convoluted subscription fee. $30/year is pretty cheap for an MMO.

Buying the game once is the best but that usually comes with no/uncommon updates.

F2P attracts BR shitters and cancer cashshops.
>>
>>339638378
They have an investor who'll drop 2m or 5m.
>>
>>339638684

Fucking Everquest Next wasn't as ambitious as this game and that thing fell flat on its face, despite the huge financial backing they had. There's no world in which a few mil will make this game. Sad but true.
>>
>>339637445
Bolstering also applies to normal parties, no?
>>
>>339633812
Depends on how popular it gets, and they could probably keep brining in fresh NPC characters at a steady rate to replace those dropping. If they had the archetype to begin the game with, they wouldn't abandon it after one life-cycle.
>>
>>339638225
Remind*
>>
>>339638525
Let me clarify a few things you don't know about.

>Yeah but those MMO's don't invalidate all my progress
Absolutely wrong. Your soul persists even when you finally die, keeping track of your skills so that you can quickly level them up again. In fact, you only can achieve the highest level with skills by dying, reincarnating (subscribing) and continuing to improve that skill over the course of several real life years. If somebody is a Legendary blacksmith, it's because they dedicated several lives to it. This game has "permadeath", but it's more like permalitedeath. You never truly lose everything.

>Better hope nobody decides to kill your offline ass or it's 30$ down the drain.
First off, this is why families are so important to this game. Families have homes in towns which can be guarded by NPCs, and you can choose to keep your player behind a locked door the entire time. Secondly, being killed requires a particularly evil monster or a player to commit the deed, so the penalty for death really only occurs due to gankers. Finally, the penalty for being killed is only 2 days of subscription time. This penalty can only occur once every 2.5 hours, and if you're somehow killed while offline you stay dead until you log back on so you aren't spawn camped.

Let's say you're a shitter or really unlucky and are killed every single day. You'll still have 6 months of subscription time, which is $5/month ($8.33/month when including the $20 base game). That's still a fair price, I believe, and it gets better the less you die.
>>
>>339640185

You told me nothing that wasn't in the kickstarter pitch. But I don't even give 2 shits, back it, waste your money, be disappointed and come back when the next big thing wants your money again. Like Shroud of the Avatar did. And Crowall. And so many others.
>>
File: 1392504702282.jpg (52 KB, 621x570) Image search: [Google]
1392504702282.jpg
52 KB, 621x570
>>339628770
>Kickstarter
>mfw
By the way what happened to that KS with people from SWG and UO?
Also Shroud of the Avatar?
>>
So if we have two Anons with 175 pledge, they can make a /v/ family and we can rock it out?
And could they make it a private family that stops outsiders from joining?
>>
>>339640185
It's 30$/year at base amount, you can discount it with E2P.
>>
File: Kristoph_Laugh.gif (11 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Kristoph_Laugh.gif
11 KB, 256x192
>>339639317
No, bolstering is with family members only, which is why you better get along with them. On the plus side, there are a lot of filters when choosing the family you want to join, such as timezones so they'll actually be online when you are.

>>339639389
Players enter marriages and have kids. If a family wants to become more powerful, they'll want to be popping out babies left and right for new NPCs and potential players.

>>339641496
It's $50 when you first buy the game at retail, and I think E2P requires you to buy the whole spark of life, no discounts.

>>339640586
>mfw /v/ mansion becomes reality
And yes, you can make a family private. You can even be a bunch of literal faggots because gender doesn't matter for having kids.
>>
>>339628770
>action combat
That's objectively a bad thing
>>
>>339641675
>timezone
Kinda pointless if there'll be NA and EU servers.

>faggots
Only hetfags can have babbies, but we can abduct a single female to breed with. Maybe few, to have varied genepool and looks.
>>
One of Bloodline fags here, any famiy name suggestions? Something with clovers maybe?
>>
Wow you get a 3 month headstart if you pay 120$, kinda ridiculous. And I doubt they will make it easy to conquer the people that spent 10,000$ to become kings.
>>
>>339643681
There's the whole IP system for being part of community.
If you get 1000+, you get in at the beginning of that period too, and 100+ will join later, based on exact amount. There is a list on forums what gets you those, stuff like referring people and writing fanfics.
>>
>>339643681
Also devs claim it's not headstart because you'll kick the bucket 3 months sooner, and there isn't a lot of stuff you can do to get an edge over poorfags during that time.
>>
i donated shekels, looks good, if it's shit oh well, i'll have forgotten about them by the time it's released.
>>
>>339643681
True, and that's why bolstering is so essential. You might be 3 months behind early access players, but you get equivalent stats of 3 month players whenever you play with them.

Also, I bet kings are going to get fucked so hard early on. Even with alpha privileges, I believe the meta for proper defense will be underdeveloped against a horde of newbies. Kings have a 32x multiplier to spirit loss, so they'll lose 2 months subscription every time they get ganked.
>>
>>339644410
A King with shitton NPC guards, vs a rag-tag group of virgin with wooden swords? Sounds like a plan.
>>
Finished reading kickstarter page. I'll keep an eye on early bird pledges and try to snipe something.

Do we really need someone to donate 250 dollars to have our own city?
>>
File: SpatialOS.png (68 KB, 704x632) Image search: [Google]
SpatialOS.png
68 KB, 704x632
>>339638378
The devs say they're focusing on using middleware for everything to cut development time. Just today they announced this. I don't know much about programming, but supposedly this is a big deal.
>>
>>339645964
Nah, we can choose a village somewhere in the world and flood it with /v/ermins, rapefugees style.
>>
>>339638378
they have other investors and their own money already invested in it.
>>
>>339643238
Clovestein?
>>
>>339645964
No, that's so you can have your own city on day 1. The game is full of NPC kingdoms and towns, and every NPC is a potential player, so they let kickstarter decide who gets dibs on playing kings and barons first.

Once you're in the game you can make villages anywhere. They've even stated you'll be able to build treehouses and houses on stilts for swamps.
>>
What profession will you roll lads?
https://youtu.be/R_FQU4KzN7A here
>>
File: 1452645403447.jpg (41 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1452645403447.jpg
41 KB, 500x371
>>339646026
this sounds too good to be true honestly, it also makes it sound like asset creation, scripting and client side stuff in this scale is the easy part
>>
>>339647720
I love being a miner in video games, I don't know why. So I'll join a mining family or the /v/ family and do that forever. If there even is mining.
>>
>>339647720
I want to find a phylactery so I can be a special snowflake lich that trolls everyone.
>>
>family
DADDY
>>
>>339649784
you mean ONEESAN

Families are going to be a total incestfest.
>>
>>339647720
A Hunter who has a meat shop in the city and gives out spiked samples.
>>
gonna bump before going to sleep
>>
Should we make a steam group or is it too early?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (3 KB, 190x176) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
3 KB, 190x176
>>339647720
>>
>>339655817
On an unrelated note, banks can be player-run.
>>
>>339630125
>or cuck a player who actually paid for it.

Even though the rich have the most cucks, I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to pay 10Gs just to easily lose it all.
>>
Threads have been made, but they don't last long. This game is discussed more often in general MMO threads.
>>
>>339648079
That's why this is happening, all the hard work is done already.
>>
>>339658001
Of course not. Barely any gameplay has been shown and most of it's development are merely ideas that are currently pipedreams. The fact it lasted with this many replies is a blessing.
>>
>>339628770
>Aging
It's shit.
>>
>>339659645
The development blogs have some really crazy ideas though.

>every player is someone else's soul twin
>you learn each other's skills and other cool shit if you ever manage to find them

Imagine learning that your twin is some russian/brazilian asshole.
>>
File: 20150722175629754.jpg (45 KB, 399x396) Image search: [Google]
20150722175629754.jpg
45 KB, 399x396
>>339647720
Elder Lich or necromancer. I want to be Ainz.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.