[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what was the point of this character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 5(91).png (331 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
5(91).png
331 KB, 960x560
what was the point of this character
>>
>>339615165
Maya Fey but evil
>>
>>339615674
calling her evil is a bit too far imo
>>
>>339615165
Making my dick hard.
>>
To play with the convention of the childhood friend / love interest side-kick.
>>
>>339616323
>attempted murder
>evil is too far
>>
To blow my load to
>>
File: 5(96).png (228 KB, 960x560) Image search: [Google]
5(96).png
228 KB, 960x560
>>339617140
>>339616521
cock goes where
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 400x534
>>339615165
To be a stepping stone for Ultimate Hope
>>
>>339615165
To motivate Naegi and start the despair.
>>
>>339617030

Honestly, the attempted murder isn't where I'd draw the line. It's an incredibly extreme situation, and you're faced with an existential threat from multiple angles (for Sayaka, it's losing her life or losing her idol companions - equivalent to a career suicide that probably would lead to an actual suicide pretty quick). I wouldn't call somebody evil for attempting to kill somebody in that enviroment. They're only human, somebody has to crack eventually.

However, the lenghts she went to in order to implicate Naegi are what firmly puts her into the evil camp. If you've planned everything out and set up a fall guy for your murder, you're evil.

Leon, on the other hand, wasn't evil. Just stupid and brash. He saw an opportunity and the extreme situation caused him to take it even though it wasn't wise. The coverup afterwards was just a whole lot of "holy fucking shit I actually just killed somebody what do I do now".
>>
>>339617916
I just don't understand that logic at all though. You're okay with her killing another human being for her career because she's in a killing game, but you're not okay with her doing the only thing in that plan that can make her win the killing game
>>
File: 1458758039550.jpg (542 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1458758039550.jpg
542 KB, 650x650
>>339618143

To my way of thinking, making multiple rational choices as to how to plan out your murder and not stopping yourself with "killing people is wrong" means that you've thrown away at least part of your conscience for the sake of personal gain. Abusing your relationship with a friend in order to set them up to take the fall adds to that. That kind of person, to me, is evil.

On the other hand, let's just say that Sayaka figured she had an opportunity when she just so happened to be alone with Naegi and had the sword. She then makes a snap decision to strike and kills him, does a frantic clean-up because she didn't plan for this, and gets caught easily.

That, to me, isn't evil. That's cracking under pressure and closing out rational thought for a short period of time. In law terms, it's the difference between murder and manslaughter. One was deliberately premeditated, one was more spur-of-the-moment.

Now, that does take out the possibility of a permanent mental break that permanently changes that person's outlook - and you could argue that Sayaka did indeed suffer from one of those. So in that case, I did argue a bit spottily.
>>
File: Junko.png (151 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Junko.png
151 KB, 557x605
>>339617452
>>
>>339617916
That makes no sense at all

Assume she even murdered the guy and got away and things worked just like Monokuma said, so what? Does she think she will be able to save her idol friends from the criminal organization or bring them back to life if they are dead? The entire motive doesn't make sense.

Not to mention framing someone for it is ridiculous

I can't get past how stupid murders are in DR, goddamnit. In order to get away you just need to kill someone and fuck off, THAT'S IT, nothing else, no need to pin it on someone else or be creative. Leon only got caught because he didn't finish her and instead let her live long enough to draw his name on the wall. He didn't need to get his toolbox to disassemble the fucking door, he just had to break it down, rooms are soundproof anyway.
>>
>>339618857
That wouldn't be manslaughter, it'd be murder. What you're referring to is called under common law, IIRC, is a heat of passion killing. Most states have abolished that and would hold that what just snapping under pressure and killing someone would be murder.

Also Sayaka planned Leon's murder. She switched rooms, switched the signs, got the knife. That was premeditated
>>
>>339619173

>Does she think she will be able to save her idol friends from the criminal organization or bring them back to life if they are dead?

That's the point, yes. The entire idea - as far as the students know - is that the people behind the killing game collected the people close to them as a motive, and if you were to win, they hope that they would be returned to them.

>>339619223

Ah, I see. Alright, I screwed up on that count.

>Also Sayaka planned Leon's murder. She switched rooms, switched the signs, got the knife. That was premeditated

Well, that's why I originally said that I consider Sayaka to be evil.
>>
>>339619452
Monokuma never said they would be returned. He can't even say that because he can't really lie. Instead, he said that "If you want to see what happened to them you should escape"
>>
>>339615165
To bait you in with the "muh waifu 4 laifu" shit and then take it away and bring you despair.
>>
>>339619452
I thought your problem was that she set Naegi up
>>
>>339619621

Well yeah, that means that getting out is the only remote hope they have at getting them back alive. Hence "they hope that they would be returned to them".

>>339619726

That's part of the premeditation, and a particularly nasty one, so I emphasized it. Maybe a bit too much. The extended premeditation is where I draw the line (as opposed to the "premeditation" that Leon did, consisting of "gonna get a weapon and kill this cunt".)
>>
>>339619904
I am at least glad I don't have to submit myself to doing mental gymnastics to lick the game's balls and justify its incoherent plot.
>>
She was in all the promo material for the game and was the main character, along with Leon, in all the beta stuff. Her death in case 1 is a side swipe to the face.
>>
>>339619621
T wh every replay just reaffirms to me that Sayaka is a crazy person. Just look at that OP picture. She has a shit home life. She has been an idol almost her entire life. She impliedly slept with old men to get where she got. Every interaction with her is her talking behind a mask. She's a better imposter than Twogami and Mukuro, a bigger liar than Celeste
>>
>>339615674
I thought Makoto was supposed to be Maya Fey.
>>
>>339615165
I thought she was so manipulative. It wasn't even funny.
>>
>>339619998
>"duhh this don't make sense this is bad writing"
>Get an explanation
>"duhhr stahp explainin fuckin idiots justificat-in bad writing"

Kill yourself, you egotistical fuck. Jesus.
>>
>>339615165
to illustrate that all women are whores that will always use their bodies to their advantage.
>>
File: image.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 500x375
>>339619029
>when the despair makes your classmates kill eachother just right
>>
>>339620182
Your explanation itself is illogical

>monokuma says that if she wants to know what happened with her friends (there's a fucking picture of them being kidnapped) she should escape
>she kills people to do that as if that would allow her to do anything about it

It doesn't matter if she escaped or not, she would still be unable to save her friends. Other people there had much better motives and still didn't get to kill anyone.
>>
>>339620534
She didn't just do it to save her friends. She says multiple times that to spend more time out of the limelight does irreparable damage to an idol's career. Those friends that were lying on the ground were members in her idol group.
>>
>>339620920
So she did it for her career and blah blah blah, doesn't matter.

Just put it on a scale. Her career + Being able to see if her friends are OK weighed against a human life (which includes infinitely more)

She is insane and a bitch
>>
>>339621612
People kill for way dumber reasons than that, anon.
>>
What the fuck are we arguing about here anymore? Like, phrasing it as a question.
>>
>>339622215
I dunno. I don't think Sayaka's evil. Being thrown in a killing game is pretty rough.
>>
File: V3 girl.png (73 KB, 242x277) Image search: [Google]
V3 girl.png
73 KB, 242x277
Pick "lie", bro
>>
File: 1464720300416.jpg (62 KB, 400x541) Image search: [Google]
1464720300416.jpg
62 KB, 400x541
idk post memes
>>
I think the point was to demonstrate that no one was safe and any of the participants could die. The promotional material and demo set her up as the femC, but is the first to die in the full release.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised.
>>
>>339622583
>Junko's eye shape
>Izuru's eye color
>Mikan's beauty mark
So it's pretty much confirmed she's Junko's descendant, right?
>>
>>339621898
And when did I say that the people who kill for dumber reasons are good? They are evil too.
>>
Wait so is the new anime coming out two seperate animes or just two arcs of one anime? Seeing varying answers on google
>>
>>339623434
The episodes of each arc will air concurrently so it's a little of both
>>
>>339623434
The director said that the stories will tie together, as to whether or not it will be two separate 12 episode series, who the fuck knows. I'm guessing future and past will both be 12 episodes, or else i don't think they would air concurrently.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.