[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TP HD or WW HD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 690x388
poorfag here
I can't decide to buy twilight princess HD or windwaker HD, which is your favorite and why?
>>
WW HD actually improves the gameplay to a minor extent, TP HD is just a texture pack.
>>
>>339612706
TPHD is the much better game
>>
>both have empty over-worlds
>dungeons are forgetable in both games
>each has an art style that people seem to either love or hate

pick your poison
>>
TP > TPHD > TWW >TWWHD
>>
TP
>Realistic as opposed to cartoony
>Great dungeons, tone is great for people who enjoy more serious Zelda.
>Midna and Wolf form are pretty cool
>Great arsenal of items and armors actually look different from tunics
>Zelda is barely a character
>Can be a little to grim at times and theres no music instrument besides trivial howling locations
>WAY too easy for all the grimdark scenery. Recommend getting the ganondorf amiibo to put the enemies up to doing quadruple damage.
>No master quest

WW
>Extremely cartoony as opposed to realistic
>Cheaper than TPHD, can probably snag for 25 bucks
>Lighthearted journey that actually feels like an adventure on the high seas
>Great arsenal, new game plus lets you play in pajamas
>King of Red Lions and supporting cast is all great. Each character is memorable. Slightly more sympathetic Ganondorf.
>Sailing becomes tedious and much of the world is just an empty expanse of sea
>Some dungeons have babysitting like Jabu Jabus belly

Theyre basically counterparts of eachother taking place at the same time in the different timelines. Both are solid games but you should just go for whatever adheres more to your sensibilities.
>>
>>339612706
Don't let >>339613558 's negativity influence you.

>TP is more dungeon focused and plays more heavily on the "epic heroic fantasy adventure" when WW is more childish. Dungeons can easily be 2-3 hour long in TP.
>WW link is more expressive than TP Link (his big eyes are here for that after all).
>WW exploration is better than TP's one and the remake made the sailing part faster.
If you've played the games at release, it is not that interesting, but if you haven't played either one, they're worth their price.
>>
>>339614598
TPHD actually does have hero mode upon a second play through my bad
>>
File: 1463416627772.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1463416627772.gif
773 KB, 260x221
Buy Zelda II instead. Great game, unlike the mediocrity that is post-N64 3D Zelda.
A Link Between Worlds is also shit, so don't try to tell me how "amazing" or "original" it is.
>>
>>339614635
i'll probably buy WW first after seeing this thread and buy Zelda u when it comes out, TP is too dark for me and I don't get the wolf link and mid a thing because it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>339615451
this is off topic for this thread
>>
>>339612867
This

Im enjoying Twilight Princess HD again, but I wish they improved it a bit more
>>
>>339612706
Neither. Sell your Wii U.
>>
Twilight Princess is the better game. Twilight Princess has the best combat in the series, the best puzzles, the best dungeons, the best story, the best characters, the best partner, the best writing, etc.

Wind Waker is really basic, easy, and boring. It has the most simplistic combat system in the entire series. It has the easiest "puzzles". Long boring sailing distances. The game relies on the player being charmed by the art style, instead of gameplay.
>>
>>339615736
Your mom said it's alright. I asked her since she's laying right next to me, anyway.
>>
>>339614598
>Cheaper than TPHD, can probably snag for 25 bucks
Fucking where? I see WWHD for 50 dollars everywhere, meanwhile TPHD is 40
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.