[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Valve should update this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Survey.png (16 KB, 434x415) Image search: [Google]
Survey.png
16 KB, 434x415
Do you think Valve should update this?
>>
>>339608480
>valve wants you to make a survey
>wel.. ok, i think it might help somehow
>show a list of all my software installed to send it to valve for "reasons"
>lots of pirated games among other shit
>lots of those pirated games are on steam
>cancell survey

Why they wanna know all this shit, to show charts to exel autist?
>>
>>339608876
>Americans are this paranoid
Nice freedom you have
>>
File: 1399807956136.jpg (146 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
1399807956136.jpg
146 KB, 500x594
>>339609017
Still, does knowing that my internet is shit affect them at something?
They are a games retailers, they maybe need to know the specs like cpu or videocard, the rest is a grey for me.

>dont suspect of companies anon, thats paranoia
>block 25MB of "telemetry data" every day because of shit like this
Between valve, oculus and microsoft, i really dont know who is worse.
>>
>>339609479
>Still, does knowing that my internet is shit affect them at something?
yes you nub
it's very helpful to know what type of connections their users have
>>
>>339608876
they dont give a shit. They cant prove you pirated a game just by program name. I did the survey many years ago and everything is fine.
>>
>>339608876
Valve like statistics.

As far as anyone is aware they aren't part of PRISM and nobody cares about some rando with Skidrow cracks.
>>
>>339608480

The fuck is this shit?

It's literally impossible to get a sub 10 Mbps connection in my country nowadays.
>>
>>339609640
>shitty monopoly says that i have 12MB
>after some real tests its 10MB in its intranet, and then it drops to 3MB
>put 112MB in the survey
>the info is wrong

>>339609796
Anon.. dont be afraid, some places still uses dial up, and i can confirm this.
>>
>>339609479
You say 25MB as if that was a lot but it's most likely audio clips from your microphone that they gather to improve Cortana.

It is just so pathetic to live in fear and paranoia like that. I have never been annoyed by corporations for answering surveys or giving them telemetry data. Do you really think that Microsoft has a tiny little evil oompa-loompa man reading YOUR information when there aer BILLIONS of computers that are sending data every year? Like holy shit, do you think the world revolves around you? That data is read by machines that use it to improve your experience and create more accurate ad profiles for example, it's not rocket science
>>
>>339610000
>Microsoft has a tiny little evil oompa-loompa man reading YOUR information
No, those are people from tech support, but they are from india, not oompa loompas.

>reading your information
Bots can already read millions of pages and filter data faster than any fantasy shit.

If you think they dont do anything with the data, you are the example of a lemming they want.
>>
>>339610000
>>339610547
I also, dont use cortana, and im on win8.1.

Most of the times are:

> 01:06:56.271 {!ERROR!} [NetworkRequest]
Download failed: 7: Failed to connect to graph.facebook.com port 443: Bad access

>13:12:20.029 {WARNING} [Analytics]
Unable to send analytics data: Request MarauderBatchUpload FAILED: 7: Failed to connect to graph.facebook.com port 443: Bad access (1971012)

But now they changed the domain to oculus.com wich is just a dns mask.
>>
File: 5371085069.png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
5371085069.png
31 KB, 300x135
>>339608480
Yes there should only be 3 categories.
Fiber, Broadband, and Australian.
>>
>>339610838
Win10 is even worse because of these bright ideas like saving your wifi credentials to the fucking cloud so your Facebook friends can use them
>>
File: 1400604191481.jpg (256 KB, 963x902) Image search: [Google]
1400604191481.jpg
256 KB, 963x902
>>339612312
>take screenshots at random moments
>need an external firewall that needs to be updated very often because they operate like people trying to view netflix ouside US with a VPN, they connect to random Ips and server to upload, and also tries with lots and lots of ports wich force you to close all, and then troubleshoot every software you use to let it pass, but stop microshill disguised as something else, wich also does.

Ill give it another year, and maybe they will finaly debotnet w10 and could be usefull.
>>
>>339608480
I still have DSL ;_;
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.