[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Is Strange coming to Linux / SteamOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: life-is-strange-linux.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
life-is-strange-linux.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/life-is-strange-is-coming-to-linux-steamos-by-feral-interactive.7324

>Feral Interactive have updated their teaser radar to show that Life Is Strange is coming to Linux/SteamOS and Mac. The only official announcement for now is Mac App Store, but it is now confirmed to be coming to Linux.

Max is ready for the Linux gaming revolution. Are you?
>>
>>339605739
Nobody cares, shill.
>>
File: chill-logo.png (18 KB, 248x327) Image search: [Google]
chill-logo.png
18 KB, 248x327
>>339605987
Chill, son.
>>
Finally.
>>
>>339605739
Meh, I wouldnt bother. Its a walking simulator the time rewind mechanic is underplayed.

Also I didnt get into the American school life with bullys, guns and security and social awkwardnes. Nothing to do with my European life.
>>
>>339605739
I don't know why they'd bother. This well net them what, another 1000 sales at most?

I love Max and all, and I'm glad that more people might play her game, but it's in no way significant that they're bothering with this.
>>
File: nsx55dRykq1rc4cnio1_1280.jpg (161 KB, 650x361) Image search: [Google]
nsx55dRykq1rc4cnio1_1280.jpg
161 KB, 650x361
>>339605987
What's the matter, cant handle a real game?
>>
So they open up to like .10% of the linux market share. I'm pretty sure most people who use linux dont play games.
>>
>>339605739
Keep it on Windows. Not even linux users want this crap.
>>
>>339605739
>there are people in this thread that let Kate, Joyce, Frank, Frank's pupper and the two girls that out with Victoria but you befriended instead of Chloe
Alessa and nerdy drone girl are two-faced bitches though.
>>
>>339605739
Enjoy your movie, I guess.
>>
I would love to see a venn diagram comparing linux users and life is strange players
>>
>>339605987
/thread
>>
File: 1464758618644.jpg (90 KB, 591x610) Image search: [Google]
1464758618644.jpg
90 KB, 591x610
>>339607241
>neo /v/ is too young to know what point and click adventures are
oh god
>>
>>339605739
maybe it'll run better
that game looked like shit but ran even worse fucking how?
>>
It's a fun experience but probably not something I'm going to go back to just because it finally gets a port
>>
>>339606931
People who use Linux and game usually dual-boot Windows or run Windows in a VM. I don't even know anyone who really uses WINE anymore. Linux gaming only existed in the first place to host private servers for id and Epic games, outside of that I don't see the point.
>>
File: screenshot.png (145 KB, 1364x828) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
145 KB, 1364x828
>>339607524
They've probably never heard of text adventure games either.
>>
>>339607841
>I don't even know anyone who really uses WINE anymore.

I do, but support for DX10 and higher is shit so you can't really use Linux if you want to play new AAA stuff. But support for DX9 is pretty great now. For some older games that you'd need to do a bunch of compatibility mode shit for in Windows it honestly works better in Wine.

If you're the kind of person who only plays one game though it has pretty much all the Windows games people do that with, Dota 2, CSGO, WoW, LoL, Civilization, etc. all work either natively or have great Wine support.

Linux gaming is in a much better spot now compared to just 3 years ago before the whole Steam push happened, but it kinda seems to be slowing down now and there's a lot of developers promising ports but later seemingly giving up on them (Project Cars, Rocket League, Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, etc.) which does make it seem like it's dying. But on the other hand Squeenix is finally starting to port shit like Tomb Raider and now this.
>>
File: 1414104839673.jpg (21 KB, 480x419) Image search: [Google]
1414104839673.jpg
21 KB, 480x419
It was Jefferson all along
>>
>>339607868
>(you)
wow, didn't know shitposting was a thing back then
>>
You know, it's not bad or anything, it's just that you'll get the same experience watching a playthrough on YouTube.

A non-commented one.
>>
>>339610182
There are many choices and pathways in the game. It's not as linear as you think.
>>
how did dontnod made a very well detailed cyberpunk game and switched drastically to a lesbian simulator?
what the fuck
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.